A Little Shock by smokeline
Summary: It's a teeny little one-shot about Draco and Ginny...can't say much more or I'd give it away.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 581 Read: 4453 Published: Sep 09, 2004 Updated: Sep 09, 2004

1. A Little Shock by smokeline

A Little Shock by smokeline
“NO!” Ginny yelled, storming into her London flat that she currently shared with her boyfriend. Who happened to be Draco Malfoy.

He came running in from the other room, a slight look of panic in his eyes. “What’s wrong?”

With a sigh, she said, “Nothing is wrong.” When he relaxed a little, she continued. “My mother is pregnant. Again.”

“Really?” he asked offhandedly. “It took this long? With your family’s fertility, I would have thought this would happen so much sooner....”

Ginny glared at him as she started pacing around the room, her footsteps more like stomps than anything. “She’s just too...old! Hell, it’s been nineteen years since she had her last child!”

Walking over to where she was, Draco put his arms around her waist, effectively getting her to stand still for a moment.

“She’s so happy...I didn’t want to say anything. But what if she gets hurt? She’d never admit it, but she’s not exactly young anymore. It’s dangerous...”

So that was it. She was worried about her mother. It was actually rather endearing. But he couldn’t do anything about it just now. He’d already learned that lesson. Twice.

Kissing her temple gently, he responded, “I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’s done the pregnancy thing six times already; she knows what she’s doing. Besides, I’m sure the Healers will be there if anything goes wrong. Don’t worry about it. Be happy for her.”

“I don’t want to,” she said, sinking into his chest.

“And why not?”

“Because...I don’t know...I’ve just always been the baby. How weird will it be that I’ll have a brother or sister the same age as my own child?”

“But you don’t have a...” Draco trailed off, his eyes widening immensely. “Do you mean...”

She looked up at him sheepishly, caught off guard at her sudden slip. She had been planning to tell him in the next couple of days. But what the hell. “Umm, perhaps....”

A grin spread across his face as he hugged her, which looked rather odd. It took a lot to get him to smile. But she thought he looked gorgeous; it went with the loving him territory. And it made her grin as well at the fact that he was happy with this. It had been a bit of a shock. But shocks were fun. Like that one time Fred and George had bewitched her bed to give an electric jolt whenever a male touched it; she was told it was similar to a Muggle dog collar. She chuckled a bit in remembrance of that particular night. Draco hadn’t been able to sit for a week (Fred and George had given it a bit too much power...) and she had taken full advantage of that fact.

“What are you laughing at?” Draco said, breaking the hug slightly.

Ginny gave a wicked smirk, one that she had picked up from the daddy of her soon-to-be child. “Absolutely nothing, love. Simply happy for us.”

He raised his eyebrow, letting her know that he didn’t quite believe her but would leave it for now. It was the little secessions like this that had led to the making of the baby in the first place. And that was most definitely something he was willing to repeat.

~end ficlet~
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=1210