In the Pale Moonlight by lielabell
Summary: In the moonlight he watches her.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Under God's Sky
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 365 Read: 3886 Published: Oct 21, 2004 Updated: Oct 21, 2004

1. What She Said by lielabell

What She Said by lielabell
Of the many face of his Ginny, Draco liked this one best. She seemed so innocent when she slept, her knowing eyes hidden and her biting wit stilled. He could, and had on many occasions, stay awake for hours watching the pale moonlight make alabaster of her skin.

She lay slightly curled on her side facing him with her long red hair splayed out on his pillow and her lashes resting softly against her cheeks. One hand was tucked beneath her pillow and the other extended toward him. He fancied her reaching out to hold him in her dreams and a slight smile crossed his face. .

He knew she thought him to be a slugabed, always sleeping well past the sunrise. He did not blame her, after all he never once woke before her on the precious few times they had shared a night together. But she did not know about this.

She did not know that he secretly squandered his sleep in order to watch her in hers.

His hand crossed the short distance from his pillow to hers and started running through the strands of hair it found there. He marveled in the softness of it as his fingers combed through the tangles and somehow managed to knot them further. He knew in the morning she was be full of snarls and curses because of the mess he now made but, as she did not yet realize that they were from his after hours entertainment and not the rush to orgasm that proceeded it, he cared little.

She murmured in her sleep stirring slightly. He stilled his movement and slowly eased his hand from its damning position. She blinked sleepily at him before yawning while snuggling closer. She closed her eyes and the tension that had come upon him when she woke eased away.

“I love you” she whispered into the darkness.

His breath caught for a moment as her words sank into him. He felt something inside melt and suddenly the covert relationship they had been engaged in for the last two years was justified.

He wrapped his arms around her and said into the still air “I love you too.”
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=1455