Inadequate by Mockingbird
Summary: "Never underestimate the power of nail clippers, combs, and safety scissors: especially around Weasleys."
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 417 Read: 2374 Published: Oct 24, 2004 Updated: Oct 24, 2004

1. Scissors and Magazines by Mockingbird

Scissors and Magazines by Mockingbird
Ginny Weasley was looking at herself in the mirror. Not looking really, more like gazing.

Which, as an afterthought, was quite possibly when hell started to get a little chilly.

Ginny Weasley, career oriented, Chief of Aurors, redheaded, pantsuit wearing little sister did not gaze at things. Most especially herself. In fact the last thing she had gazed at was Malfoy's arse; and all that had gotten her was a rather extensive drawer of lingerie.

Ginny shuddered; she was still weak from the after effects of what had been dubbed the 'red thong' incident.

Sexy underwear and fire whiskey did not mix.

Especially when the former Slytherin sex god, the Gryffindor Common room and the Boy-Who-Lived were part of the equation.

Ginny shook her head and tried to dismiss all thoughts of underwear, Hogwarts, Harry and a naked Draco from her mind.

It wasn't working.

Groaning, Ginny turned back to the mirror and stared desolately at her reflection. Truth be told, there wasn't much to stare at. Bushy hair to match even Hermione, freckles at twenty and, by god, was that a bloody wrinkle?!

Something needed to be done and soon.

Never underestimate the power of nail clippers, combs, and safety scissors: especially around Weasleys.

Thirty minutes, many Vogue magazines and several oh shits later; Ginny Weasley was again gazing at herself in the mirror.

The Devil hollered for somebody to turn up the thermostat.

She had just given herself a haircut.

There was a pop sound that indicated that somebody had apparated into her flat.

And just in time for her boyfriend to see it before she could charm it away. Ginny scrambled around the bathroom looking for her wand and cursing her weakness for large bathrooms. She had the long stick of wood in her hands when the knob of the bathroom turned.

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. If she didn't stop soon she would have Shit stuck in her head to the tune of Jingle Bells. Not an inviting possibility.

She raised her hand to her considerably shorter hair, took a deep breath and turned around to face one decidedly sexy blonde.

Looking back, Ginny realized that that had to have been the first time that she had made Draco speechless because of something not related to sex. Frankly, it disturbed her.

Silence.

More Silence.

Even More Silence.

"Oh bloody well say something."

"Wh-what the fucking hell did you do to your hair?"
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=1474