Seeing What Lies Ahead by Nakita
Summary: Its sixteen years after Ginny leaves Hogwarts. She thinks about how life has changed, or has not in her case. HBP Does not apply to this story.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Mystery, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 13975 Read: 8230 Published: Jan 22, 2005 Updated: Nov 06, 2005

1. Prelude by Nakita

2. Seeing Things Done Wrong by Nakita

3. Seeing Certain Dangers by Nakita

4. Seeing Things Too Late by Nakita

Prelude by Nakita
Seeing What Lies Ahead.

Prelude



‘Nineteen years! It’s been Nineteen years!’ she thought to herself. ‘Why can’t he just go away and leave us be!?!’



Ginny Malfoy sat at her Kitchen table and thought, not for the first time, of these things. It had been nineteen years to the day since she left Hogwarts and life had not been any easier. Voldemort was still not dead. The war between the two sides of the Wizarding world had been going on for about twenty two years. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could keep this up.



She had a life, damn it! She had a husband, or she used to. Draco was away so often she sometimes wondered. It was not like she was alone in how she felt. Hermoine felt alone while Ron was gone and Luna missed Harry constantly. Ginny felt worst for Luna because Harry’s life was always at risk. He was the factor, he could heal the Wizarding world forever if he won; but if he lost, it was too hard to even imagine.



For the past twenty two years, the Death Eaters and Voldemort were still the bane of all good Wizards existence. Once a year for thirteen years the Death Eaters would rally all of their forces, and strike the members, and friends of The Order of the Phoenix. Every year, Harry would go to the front of the line waiting to fight the battle that would change all lives. Every year Voldemort did not make an appearance, and the Death Eaters defenses would crumble. Thirteen years this went on, then the Death Eaters disappeared, and it was peaceful for three years. Now the alarms were sounding, reports from spies were pouring in. The Death Eaters were now stronger then ever, and the worst news of all. Voldemort was back!
Seeing Things Done Wrong by Nakita
Chapter 1: Seeing Things Done Wrong

I don't own any of this. Some lucky rich English woman does. I just play around with some of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ginny let out a sigh. It had been five days since Draco had been home. Each day he would go from the small Order headquarters to the main one with news. She had seen him for a minute one day when he had popped home to grab some files. Draco had stopped long enough to give Ginny a light kiss and then he was gone again. The Order knew Voldemort was going to strike soon, but how soon, and how hard were the questions. That's what Draco, Harry, and Ron had been working on. Yet so far they had all come up empty.

~~~~~
It was calm and warm in the house. It was June and beautiful weather had set in. If only she was able to share it with her family. Ginny’s thoughts began to calm down as she thought of what her life would be like after the war. Then, from nowhere, a crash came. Ginny was up in a flash and she soon found herself in front of a closed door. She didn't bother to knock; she just tapped her wand to the handle and the door sprang open. Lying on the floor was their seventeen-year-old daughter Sarea. Next to her was what caused the crash: a simple lamp. Ginny, however, was not concerned with the lamp. She knelt next to her daughter and tried to wake her.

"Sarea," she started, tears forming in her eyes, "Sarea please wake up.” Her daughter’s long blonde hair was flowing out onto the carpet and her closed lids hid her beautiful blue eyes.

Quick as a flash Ginny was at the fireplace in Draco’s study; it was closer than the living room. She grabbed a handful of Floo powder and yelled, "Mum!"

A few seconds later Molly Weasley’s upper body was in the fireplace. She began to smile warmly at her daughter but stopped when she saw the tears rolling down Ginny’s cheeks.

"Mum it’s Sarea," she said desperately, "she's passed out on the floor of her room and she won't wake up! I need your help."

"Hermione and I will be right there. Ginny, you just stay with Sarea."

Ginny rushed back into her daughter’s room. She pointed her wand at Sarea and said, "Wingardium Leviosa," her voice shaking slightly.

A few moments later her daughter was lying on her bed still and silent. Ginny wished Sarea would say something; it was so unlike her daughter to be silent. Draco and she were constantly getting owls from Sarea’s teachers at Hogwarts saying just because she was a bright student did not mean she could talk all through lessons. Draco and Ginny’s daughter was unlike any other child born to the Malfoy’s or the Weasley’s.

When she was first born she would not stop crying and the Healer could not figure out why. So she took Sarea out of Draco’s arms and performed a health charm on her from top to bottom. A few moments later, Draco and Ginny were the proud parents of a Malfoy seer. Their daughter had been crying because she had been having a vision. Ever since then, welcome or not, Sarea had visions.

Ginny was just thinking about some of her daughter’s visions when she heard a voice from down the hall.

"Ginny dear, where are you?" Molly Weasley called.

"In Sarea’s room, Mum," Ginny called back, brushing away her tears.

A few moments later Molly Weasley came rushing into the room closely followed by Ginny’s sister-in-law Hermione Weasley, Ron’s wife.

"Oh dearest," Molly cooed enveloping her daughter in a hug. "Now, I've already Flooed the Mediwizard and she said he couldn't be here for at least an hour, but Sarea should be fine. You go and Floo Draco and the boys. Hermione is going to help me for a few moments and then she'll be with you. Don't worry dearest; nothing is going to happen to our Sarea."

"Thanks Mum," Ginny sighed as she walked out of the room and down the stairs. She made her way into their grand living room. The fireplace against the far wall was connected to the Floo network, only two of the fireplaces in the house were, the one in the living room and the one in Draco’s office. Ginny took some more Floo powder and tossed it into the fire saying, "Find Draco."

Draco Malfoy was always moving around when he was on the job. So he had a special Floo device installed so Ginny could call to him and any fireplace he was at would let him talk to her. It worked very well and a lot of the time it was the only way Draco could talk to his family when he was away.

Ginny paced back and forth as she waited for her husband to answer her Floo call. Soon she heard his voice and sat herself down in front of the fireplace to talk to him.

Draco’s head appeared through the flames but before he could speak his wife’s expression stopped him. He regarded her for a moment and knew she was concerned about something; Ginny could hide nothing from Draco.

"What's happened?"

"Draco," she said, her voice failing her, "its Sarea. Something's wrong, she passed out about fifteen minutes ago and won't wake up. I've called my mum and she and Hermione are here. Mum called the Healer too. I just don't know what could be wrong."

Tears started to fall silently down Ginny’s face and Draco reached his hand through the fireplace to brush them away. Ginny leaned into his touch as she tried to control her tears.

"I'll be home," he told her, looking into her eyes seeing fear and worry, "As soon as I can. I'll be there."

"Draco, please hurry, I need you," Ginny pleaded as his hand left her cheek.

"Just be strong until I get there. I'm coming and Ron and Harry will come with me."

"Hurry," Ginny said, as his head started to recede back into the fire.

"I love you," he said gently, before he was gone totally.

Ginny slowly got to her feet and turned. Hermione was just coming down the stairs towards Ginny.

"Gin, what do you need me to do?"

"Can you please go in and wake the boys?" Ginny asked her sister-in-law, placing a hand on her forehead.

"What should I tell them when they ask why I'm here?"

"Just say: Sarea's very sick and Grandmum and you came to help her get better but you came to see them to make sure they were ok."

"Alright," Hermione said. "Gin, Sarea's going to be fine. If I know her, and I do, she has plenty of Weasley strength and Malfoy stubbornness."

Ginny managed a small laugh at her sister-in-laws words. Hermione placed a comforting hand on Ginny’s arm and then headed in the direction of the twin’s room. Ginny smiled slightly. Their two eight-year-old, identical twin sons, Adam and Corey, were sleeping in the room they shared. They were almost as bad as Fred and George; Ginny probably should have rethought letting her two-mischief making brothers baby-sit as often as they did. Both Ginny and Draco feared for the day they went to Hogwarts. For if the boys were as tricky as they were at eight, they could hardly imagine them as blooming teenagers.

Ginny walked over to her favorite leather chair and almost fell into it. She was tired; it was not even ten at night and yet she felt as if she hadn't slept in days. She always got like this when she was scared or worried. She had been so tired but unable to sleep for five days, ever since Draco had gone. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. What could be wrong with Sarea? She was in no way perfect but she almost never got sick or hurt. It was almost as if her seer abilities gave her the immunity to illness or injury. The not perfect part was a bit of an understatement. She was an incredible girl and Ginny and Draco loved her with everything they had. She was, however, a Malfoy through and through. Her father gave his stubbornness to her; no one doubted that. She had a temper on her as well, though it took a lot to bring her temper out. Once someone saw it, they knew what a mistake they had made. She was Draco’s only daughter and he lavished attention on her. Ginny did too. They both knew her as their Princess, their one and only daughter. Nevertheless, their sons got as much special treatment as their little girl. Draco and Ginny always tried to be fair to all of their children because they loved them all as much as they ever could.

Ginny was now silently cursing herself; she and Sarea had had a little row that night. Sarea had been intent on going to Rome with some of her friends for the rest of the summer. Sarea figured that she'd ask her mother first. Once she got her mums ok then her dads wouldn’t be far behind. Well, Ginny didn't quite see her point of view. Ginny could still hear the whole conversation in her head and she wished that she couldn't; it broke her heart.


Sarea had come into the living room after dinner and threw her arms around her mother, causing Ginny to look up from her book in surprise. Then, Sarea placed a loving kiss on the heads of each of her brothers who were playing wizard chess on the floor near the roaring fire. Ginny thanked Merlin that her children got along. Sarea and her two brothers had a very close bond. It was cute to see the two eight year olds sticking up for and defending the seventeen year old. Sarea and Ginny had three overprotective men in their lives and they both loved them to death. Like all siblings, Sarea, Corey, and Adam fought but their arguments and grudges never lasted.

"Mum?" Ginny was brought back to the living room by her daughter’s voice. "Mum, I wanted to ask you something." Sarea had seated herself on a chair near her mother.

"Of course dearest, what is it?"

"Well Adrienne, Hannah, and Lily are all going to Rome for the rest of the summer and they've invited me. I really want to go with them. Can I mum?"

Ginny was taken aback. She had not expected this.

"Absolutely not Sarea!" Ginny had responded firmly. "No daughter of mine is going to Rome for almost the whole summer without any chaperones. It simply isn't done, if one of the girl’s parents were going I would say yes, but they aren't. Dearest, you are simply not old enough."

"I'm seventeen years old! How is that not old enough?" she yelled getting to her feet. "Besides, all the house elves are going. They'll watch us."

"Sarea, darling, house elves are not good enough. They still believe you are higher then they and they will listen to whatever you tell them. I need someone there who will set boundaries and curfews. I won't let my daughter run wild through Rome."

"Well, I'm not going to, am I? Just because you never got to do anything like this when you were my age, you won't let me either. It's not fair; I'm not you!"

"You most certainly aren't, because if you were, you would understand why I'm doing this. This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with you and your safety Sarea."

"I'm not a baby, mother; I can take care of myself!"

"Good," Ginny had said, losing control of her temper. "Then get your things and move out of our house if you can take care of yourself. You can get your own flat, and do whatever you want with your own money. Get going Sarea. You may want to be gone before your father gets home because we both know he'll stop you."

Sarea had been standing in front of her mother, hands clenched and lip trembling. "You just had to say no. You didn't have to go there but since you did, I'll match you. The Weasley’s never had money, so you wouldn't know how to spend it. You wouldn't know the meaning of fun and now you don't want me to either!"

With that, Sarea had turned and run up the stairs to her room. The slam of the door took away Ginny’s temper. Her only daughter was now up in her room, no doubt crying and hating her mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I went too far," Ginny said aloud, her tears bringing her back to the present. "She was right; I only had to say no."

Ginny closed her eyes, slammed her head onto the back of the chair as tears flowed down her already damp cheeks. She stayed like this for a few moments then she felt two strong hands on her shoulders. She opened her eyes and saw two gray ones staring back into them.

"Draco," She whispered.

He pressed his lips against her forehead and gave her a slight smile, "Hey Gin."

"Hey," she replied, never taking her eyes away from his. "You’re home." She was pleased.

"Of course I'm home, nothing could keep me from you and the kids now. How's our little girl?"

"We don't know yet; the Healer hasn't gotten here. Mum's in there with her and Hermione is in the boy’s room with them."

"Do they know anything?"

"No, I just told her to say Sarea's sick. I don't want them to worry, not until we know what's happening. Oh Draco, I feel so horrible about this!"

"Why?" He wondered as he folded her into his arms. "This couldn't have been your fault Gin."

"No, but I didn't help matters," she breathed into his chest, "We had a row earlier and she was really upset me."

Ginny proceeded to tell Draco the whole story of that evening. By the end Ginny had her head on Draco’s shoulder, while his arms were wrapped protectively around her waist. Ginny had begun to cry again and Draco was trying to comfort her. He had said many times that Sarea would be fine, she was strong and would make it through. They both knew their daughter and she was anything but weak. After about five minutes they heard a small pop and broke apart. There they saw Narcissa Malfoy, standing before them, and standing next to her was Healer Whimper.

"Darlings," Narcissa said as she floated over to Draco and Ginny. "I just received Ron’s owl about Sarea. I found Healer Whimper just outside, so I took down the wards for a moment so we could apparate in. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all Mother," said Draco as he crossed over to her and gave her a loving kiss on the cheek, "We just didn't expect to see you."

"Oh dear, I hope I'm not coming when I shouldn't."

"Don't be silly Mother," Ginny said, embracing her mother-in-law, "You are, after all, family."

"Well," she began, "I only had to read that my grandbaby was in trouble and I was off."

It was then that Healer Whimper cleared his throat and said, "Where is she Mrs. Malfoy?"

"Oh forgive me Mr. Whimper," Ginny said getting to her feet, "I almost forgot about you. Please follow me."

Just before she left, she turned back, "Draco, why don't you go into the kitchen and make some tea. I'm sure Mother would like some and everyone else may as well."

"Good idea Gin," he said as he stood and began to escort his mother to the kitchen.

Once there, Draco began to make tea almost immediately. He knew his mother was going to start questioning him or talking to him about Sarea soon. He knew he couldn't. It was too hard for him to even think about his daughter. He was so worried. To even think of losing her was unbearable. He wouldn't think about it because Sarea was going to be fine. If he didn't show anyone how afraid he really was, he could still be strong for Gin and the boys.

"Draco, don't worry," she said gently.

His mother’s words came through his head and he just about lost it. He took a few deep breaths in to keep his tears from falling. He turned his back on her to keep her from seeing him lose his strength. He gripped the counter as his mother continued to talk.

"Draco, please don't shut everyone out. I know what you're trying to do and you can't. Hiding the way you feel, how worried you are, how afraid, is not going to help anyone dear. Don't try to shut us out; Ginny needs you and so do Corey and Adam. Your family too, all of them depend on you in some way. Ron, Harry, Hermione, Luna, all Ginny’s other brothers, Molly, and Arthur; they all look to you because you're family. I look to you too Draco; you've been my strength for so many years. Your family gives you strength and it scares you to see someone you cherish in such a dangerous position, but darling, backing away from the people who need you, will only cause you more pain."

Draco turned around to face his mother. The tears were now rolling down his cheeks. He walked slowly over to Narcissa. When he reached her, he knelt in front of her and broke down. Draco Malfoy was crying shamelessly into his mother’s lap, just as he had done so many times when his father had hurt him in the past. After about five minutes, Draco finally had himself under control. He got up from off the floor and sat next to his mother.

They both looked up when they heard a series of four pops. There at the entrance to the kitchen was more of the family: Ron, Luna, Harry and then Ginny’s father, Arthur.

"How are you?" Luna asked, "Do you know anything yet?"

Draco just shook his head. "Ron, Hermione is in with the boys if you'd like to join her. Harry--"

But he was cut off. Ginny appeared in the doorway, looking pale and shaken.

"Draco, Healer Whimper knows what's wrong. He says it's rather serious so you need to come back," she managed to get out before her voice failed her.

"The tea's ready," Draco told them as he got up. "Why don't you all stay here, and we'll come back when we know what's wrong."

Draco crossed to Ginny and took her hand in his. He led her out of the kitchen, to the stairs, and up. Neither said a word; there was nothing to say. Not moments later they came to their daughter’s bedroom door, with a deep breath Draco and Ginny went in. They only hoped their little princess had a chance.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs to MissParker, Ayla, and Madeline. All three of my Beta's rock! Big hugs to my friend Connie who helped me with this even though she's not a DG person. Love to all who read and review.
Seeing Certain Dangers by Nakita
Good thing for ya'll, none of this is mine! It belongs to a very talented Britsh Women. Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Seeing Certain Dangers


The door was slightly ajar, so Draco pushed it and it opened the rest of the way. Both he and Ginny took a deep breath before walking into their daughter’s room.

“Ah,” Healer Whimper said, striding over to meet them, “please sit down, this sort of thing is never easy to hear.”

Ginny sat herself on the couch near the foot of her daughter’s bed. She stole a glance at Sarea; she was pale, even for a Malfoy, and her normally alive face held no _expression. One of her hands rested on her stomach, which still housed no breath, and the other was down by her side. Ginny closed her eyes and silently prayed. Draco stepped up behind her and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. Ginny relaxed slightly when she felt the weight of them. Draco leant down and placed a kiss on the top of her head. With that Ginny opened her eyes and ears to Whimper.

“Well,” Whimper began, pacing near Sarea’s bed, “as you both well know Sarea has visions. What you may not know is what kind.”

“Kind?” Ginny wondered, cocking her eyebrow.

“Yes,” the elder man continued, “the visions Sarea has pass before her and for a few seconds she’s away from the world. Once the vision passes it’s as if nothing ever happened to her. This is known as a passive vision. The ones she normally has are passive; she has them and then she is able to get on with her life. Unfortunately Sarea has begun having aggressive visions. It doesn’t happen to all Seer’s, but once it does it won’t stop, and one can never tell what kind of vision they will have. Aggressive visions will do harm to whomever has them. So Sarea may be in danger.”

Ginny turned her face into Draco’s chest; Draco hugged her to him to comfort himself as much as her.

“Can we do anything? Is this fatal?” Draco wondered.

“It can be deadly if the warnings I give you are not heeded. There is a potion you can give her once she faints. Every aggressive vision will cause her to loose consciousness; they put a great deal of strain on a body. Once she faints give her the potion and then use a levitation spell to get her to a bed or a couch. She must rest for at least a day after she has one of these visions; bed rest is the best option. Now I need both of you to listen and listen well, this next part is the most important.”

He paused and Ginny turned back around; she faced him to hear the advice the elder man had to give. Whimper stopped his movements and looked at the Malfoy’s. It was crucial that they understood.

“No one must wake her!” he said each word firmly and clearly, “Once the potion touches her lips she must wake up from the vision on her own. If she is woken from the vision before the potion wakes her it will most likely mean death. If the potion is not given time to work it will turn into poison inside her and almost certainly kill her. The time it takes for the potion to work its way with her will vary. Sometimes the reaction will be almost instantaneous; sometimes, it could take hours. If she has a vision and after more than eight hours of the potion in her system she’s not woken up, call me immediately. It is never supposed to take over eight hours.”

“What can we do to keep her from waking up before she needs to?” Ginny wondered, a quiver in her voice.

“Do whatever you must: silencing charms, stillness charms. If you feel like if has to be done, then you should do it to keep her safe. I dare say that she will need to be at peace until she wakes up.”

“Why would you say that?” Draco wondered.

“Well the best example of a Seer with aggressive visions I can give you is Sybil Trelawney. Hers are not as serious as Sarea’s seem to be but you must take care of Sarea whenever she is experiencing one. Professor Trelawney would go through an aggressive vision, and then she would just continue on with her job. The less time a body takes to recover from a vision such as that, the more strain it will cause. Also, aggressive visions only begin when a Seer is entering a part of their life that scares them. Trelawney had her first during You -Know -Who’s first go round and as best as I can tell that may be a reason Sarea is having her first now.”

“You really think so?” Ginny wondered, becoming increasingly concerned.

“Well Mr. Malfoy, and a great number of your family are going to be in the fighting when it begins again. That is enough to trigger it, especially for Sarea. I have been her healer for a great amount of her life; I know her quite well. She values her family, and every time they are sent off to fight, I know she gets scared.”

Draco and Ginny looked at the aging Wizard and smiled slightly. It was not untrue that over the years Whimper and their daughter had gotten close. Corey and Adam had also become close to him. He was often invited to parties the Draco and Ginny threw because he helped keep the three most important parts of their lives safe.

“Now Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, when your daughter does wake up you must get her to tell you about the visions. It will help her more to get out what she’s just seen. You both can be here to calm her. If she does not want to tell you a vision, I would not press her, but it is best to talk about them. It takes the edge off the weight and memory of the visions. In my pocket I have five vials of the potion to give to her, I also have the recipe for it. If there are any problems I encourage you to Floo me at any time. I also suggest lightening the mood by bringing Sarea a friend or a family member with whom she feels at ease. Bring her someone who she will feel better around and who can get her to relax. I also know that sometimes she likes to hide how much she may hurt from you two.”

“Why?” Ginny asked.

“She never wants you two to worry. Now if I may go to my coat and get what you need, then I may be off.”

A minute or two later Mr. Whimper had gone. After many thank-yous from Draco and Ginny and some advice on brewing the potion for Sarea he had Apparated out.

It was then that Ginny broke down. She turned around and all but threw herself into Draco’s arms.

“Gin what’s this?” Draco wondered, wrapping his arms around his beloved.

“Draco I can’t bear it!” she cried into his chest, “What if something happens to her?”

“Nothing is going to happen. I promise you. I will do everything to protect her, Adam, Corey, and you, especially you. Ginny you can’t always be strong, nor can I, but I will die before I see anything happen to you or our family. Sarea will be fine; she does not know the meaning of the word quit. She can’t and won’t give up.”

Ginny looked up and gave him a watery smile, “She’s probably about as stubborn as you are!”

He laughed and then bent his head. Slowly he began to kiss her tears away, hoping that with each touch he could heal some of her. Finally when the tears were gone, Draco locked his lips onto Ginny’s for a brief kiss. When they finally broke apart, they knew they had to give the rest of their family the news.

“You go down and tell the family what’s happened. I need to go Floo someone.” Draco said, kissing Ginny on the forehead.

She nodded and walked towards the stairs. Soon after she disappeared from sight Draco slipped down the stairs and into his office. He looked around and heaved a heavy sigh. He made his way over to the bookshelf and took a great black bound book from among the other books. He sat down in his leather chair and opened the book now settled in his lap. The first thing that greeted him when he opened the book was a picture of him and Ginny of their wedding day. He looked at it for a while but turned the pages, moving through years of his life in only seconds. He flashed by the birth of his daughter, her growing, then the birth of the twins, and his family growing more and more over the years. Finally he reached the newest pages, the pictures he wanted to see most.

The first picture he looked at was of his daughter at her seventeenth birthday party. It had been the day she was considered an adult in the Wizarding world, so she had a huge party. She had looked more beautiful that day then she ever had, and she was always beautiful. She was standing in a yellow ball gown with pale pink flowers clasped in her hands and adorning her hair. Her smile shone even in the picture, as she beamed and blew kisses at her father.

He turned the page and was greeted with the rest of the pictures from her party. Draco and Ginny had decided to pull out all the stops for their little princess’s seventeenth birthday. A grand gala was planned and almost half of Hogwarts, including staff was invited. Snape, Dumbledore, Hagrid and even Professor Mcgonnegal were still holding on well after almost twenty years of employment at Hogwarts. The family was all there too: every Weasley, Malfoy, and Potter was there to celebrate with Sarea. She spun around the dance floor so many times it started to make Draco dizzy. She had danced with Draco at least twice, her grandfather, all of her uncles, and a fair few of her cousins. She was looking very tired when her two twin brothers came up to her, each offering a hand. She couldn’t refuse the two of them, so off she was whisked for one more dance. Corey and Adam took turns leading her in a dance. It was rather funny to watch and everyone, including Sarea, was laughing. She stopped the dance, thanked her brothers, and went to cool herself down with some punch. That’s when someone came along that she never had the strength to refuse.

While she was talking and laughing with some of her friends over cool punch a tall boy with dark brown hair made his way over to her. She turned and met his eyes for a moment. All he had to do was hold out his hand and hers was in it. Deafly he led her to the floor that cleared as soon as the two of them were upon it. The music began and the two fell into dance. Draco smiled and looked over at Ginny; she too was smiling. There were a few more whispers going around then they thought should be and finally Narcissa leant over to Draco and asked, “Who is that boy?”

“That is Sarea’s boyfriend mother,” Draco answered, his smile not fading from his face, “Christian.”

Draco was brought back to himself with that thought. He had reached the last picture in the book. The picture was of his only daughter and her boyfriend. She was wrapped in his arms and looked as if she would rather be there then anywhere else in the world. Everyone in the family knew Christian and Sarea were in love, even at seventeen. As much as he didn’t want to admit to losing his daughter to another man, he knew Christian was good for his daughter. That’s what she needed to help her, Christian; he was the one person she felt most at ease around.

Draco walked to the fireplace, picked up some Floo powder and threw it in yelling.

“Christian Finnegan.”

A few seconds later a head appeared in the fire; it looked up and was a bit surprised to see Draco

“Oh hello Draco,” Seamus Finnegan said smiling up at him, “Didn’t expect you to be calling.”

“I’m sorry Seamus,” Draco said, not able to hide the worry in his voice, “but I need to speak to Christian. Something’s happened to Sarea.”

Seamus’s happy face dropped greatly upon hearing this news, “Don’t worry, I’ll send him straight along to your house. He’ll not be able to stand this; I’m not sure how I’ll tell him.”

“Well,” Draco hesitated somewhat, “If your not sure what to say, Ginny and I can explain everything. At this point we only know half of what’s happening to her. She fell unconscious about an hour ago and has yet to wake up.”

Seamus frowned and his brow furrowed, “He’ll be over as quick as he can Draco.”

Seamus’s head disappeared from the fire rather quickly. Draco could not contain a sigh of relief at the thought of Christian being with his daughter to comfort her. Most fathers became hostile when their daughters begin to date. Draco was no exception to that. When Sarea and Christian had first started dating Draco was livid and he refused to trust Christian but after a certain incident the young boy won Draco over.

About five minutes later, the flames he was watching turned emerald and a young man stepped though them. He bowed his brown haired head and brushed some of the soot off of his clothes. He looked up, Blue eyes met gray, and for a moment neither of them said a word. Then Christian held out his hand.

“Mr. Malfoy,” he said, his voice shaky and tight.

“Christian,” Draco smiled slightly, “I’m glad you’re here.”

Draco grasped his hand briefly and at once launched into what had happened to Sarea. Christian sat in stunned horror. He knew Sarea was a seer but like Draco and Ginny had never heard of aggressive visions. He was now even more nervous then before. The only girl he had ever loved was in danger.

“Come,” said Draco when he was done explaining, “Let’s go down and see the family. They’ll be happy to see you and then we can work on waking Sarea up."

Christian got up and followed Draco out of his study. They walked into the kitchen to see their entire family huddled around the table, heads bowed, and completely silent. As Draco entered with the young man all heads went up and they saw there was not a single dry eye out of all of them.

"Hello everyone," Christian said gently.

Ginny saw Christian and immediately got to her feet.

"Christian," she breathed and then gave him a small hug. "Why are you here?"

"Mr. Malfoy called my father and he woke me up saying that Sarea needed me. Of course I came if she needed me."

Ginny let out a sigh and almost started crying again. She looked at Draco, then back at Christian, and then her family, "Christian why don’t you go up and see Sarea, Draco and I will be up soon."

He nodded and walked away.

"We need to give Sarea her potion and as soon as she's awake and calm you all can see her, but that could be awhile. If you'd like to go home, we can Floo you when she can see people." Ginny said.

"Like Hell we're leaving!" Ron said.

Everyone nodded in agreement with him.

"If it's alright, we'd like to Floo the twins, Charlie, Bill and Percy to see if they can come."

"Of course," Draco assured them, "they should know as well. We'll be back soon."

He and Ginny walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs but before they could go to Sarea's room Ginny pulled Draco into their own room.

"What is it love?" he asked.

"You Flooed Christian," she stated.

"Yes, I thought it would help Sarea. The only person who knows her better then you or I is Christian. She loves him with all her heart and I could not think of anything better for her then love right now."

"Draco," Ginny whispered, "That is so unbelievably sweet!"

She cupped his face in her hands and lowered his mouth onto hers. After a few moments he pulled away, "I thought it would be good for our girl, and well…" he hesitated then.

"What?' Ginny pressed him.

"Nothing," he said hastily.

"Draco, I don't like the look in your eyes!" Ginny continued, "We always promised each other we would never hold anything back."

"Gin I don't want to upset you," he said wrapping her up in his embrace.

"Please," she whispered, knowing that was Draco's undoing.

He gently put her away from him and touched her cheek. He was hesitating for many reasons but he knew he should tell her.

"If what Mr. Whimper said is any clue then I could be leaving soon," he whispered, "I thought if Voldemort is coming then Christian could be here to protect Sarea, Adam, Corey, and maybe even you."

"Draco…" Ginny began but Draco silenced her with his lips.

He didn't want to think about leaving either but it was going to happen sooner or later and he would rather tell her now. Then she would at least be warned. All he wanted to think about at this second was her: her lips on his, her arms wrapped around his neck, her tongue sliding over the seam of his mouth. She was his world and he'd be damned if anything was going to happen to her while he could prevent it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to my lovly Beta's! They rock, all three of them! Thanks in advance for reading and reviewing!
Seeing Things Too Late by Nakita
I own none of this! JK Rowling does! I just enjoy messing with the structure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chapter Three: Seeing Things Too Late



Tears gently fell onto Sarea's body. Christian was kneeling beside her, torn in so many places. He was so scared. What if he lost her? He could never bear that. On the other hand, what if there was a bigger picture? Why had she gotten the vision? Was it a sign of impending danger? He never wanted to leave her side again. Before they had left Hogwarts she had asked him to spend the last part of the summer with her. Much to their dismay, his parents had said no (actually, it was more the fact that his mother said no). That was another thing Christian cursed himself for: his parents. As much as he loved them, sometimes they just didn’t understand, especially his mother.

While his parents and Sarea's parents had been at Hogwarts they had done some dating. Seamus and Ginny had been dating and for some odd reason Lavender Brown and Draco Malfoy were seeing each other. Apparently, it had all been a set up; Ginny was dating Seamus to make Draco come around and Draco was dating Lavender to bring Ginny to him. Ginny had explained everything to Seamus who confessed he only wanted to date Ginny to make Lavender notice him. Lavender was the only one not in on the twisted web of fake dating. She fancied herself in love with Draco and when Ginny finally came around, Lavender was furious. There ended up being a confrontation between Ginny and Lavender and unfortunately Ginny wound up in the hospital wing.

"Things are different!" he said quietly to himself, "Your parents understand Sarea, why can't mine?"

"Not everyone can forgive easily," came a voice from the door, causing Christian to turn.

It was Draco who had spoken; he and Ginny were standing behind him, hand in hand. He was so grateful to the two of them; they understood. They had been more than slightly alarmed when Sarea had brought Christian to meet them but Ginny soon loosened up. It took longer for Draco to come around but now Draco is like another father to Christian. Seamus had been very understanding when Sarea came into Christian's life. Unfortunately, Lavender was not as accepting. Christian had asked his mother so many times why she could not just accept it. He didn't get an answer from her but he did get one from his father.

"She's still afraid, son, she's afraid for herself and Sarea." Christian had looked at his father quizzically as his father had continued his explanation. “She's afraid Draco and Ginny will still be mad at her for all she's done in the past. She's never forgiven herself for what she did to Ginny and how she held onto Draco, even after she knew. She's also afraid that you have the same temper she had and if you got upset enough you would hurt Sarea the way she hurt Ginny."

Christian tried to interject, but Seamus held up his hand, "I know, son, you would never hurt her, but this is your mum's thinking not yours. She doesn't really trust herself anymore, Christian. Not when it comes to Draco and Ginny and especially not when it comes to Sarea."

"I'm sorry," Christian said to Draco and Ginny.

"No Christian," Ginny breathed, stepping next to him, "this has nothing to do with you. This is what happens when teenagers get into quarrels and never talk about what was said or done."

"Does my mother even love my father?" Christian asked more to himself than to anyone else.

"I know she does," Ginny told him. "Once she knew that your father loved her more then anything, she realized she loved him too. They are bound, you know that?"

"Yes," Christian spoke, "I know they are bound."

"Are you going to be alright, Christian?" Draco asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"The sooner Sarea is alright, the sooner I'll be alright," he assured them, as his hand gently rested on hers.

"Well then, let’s give her the potion," Draco said as he pulled out the vial and uncorked it.

He moved toward where his daughter's head rested. Ever so gently, he tilted her head up so the potion would go down easily. He laid her head back down on her pillow and pocketed the now empty vial.

"Silencio," he muttered, pointing his wand at his daughter's prone form.

"Now all we have to do is wait," he said hoarsely, stepping back to join his wife and Christian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1:00, exactly.

Christian looked at his watch for about the millionth time that night. It had been about three and half hours since Draco had given Sarea the potion. He needed her to wake up soon; he was getting worried. He gazed around the dimly lit room; Draco and Ginny were asleep. They had gone and sat down after talking to Ginny's family, which had been about three hours ago. Draco had taken a seat on his daughter’s small couch and Ginny had curled up next to him. Soon after that, Ginny fell off to sleep, wrapped warm and protected in Draco's arms. Draco and Christian had talked for a while, quietly, until Draco began to drop off to sleep at around twelve. Christian smiled at the two people who were already like parents to him. One day, he hoped he and Sarea could be as happy as Draco and Ginny. He loved Sarea with all of his heart and he already wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He just wished some things didn't stand in their way.

He turned back to face Sarea; he was sitting in a chair next to Sarea's bed. Every few moments he had to resist the strong urge to gently kiss her lips or run his hand over her sweet face. He knew better than to touch her while the potion was working; even holding her hand in his was enough to put her in danger. He himself was slipping off to sleep and he didn't want to. He wanted to be awake when Sarea finally woke up but his eyes did not seem to agree with him. He was almost asleep when he heard a shift in weight on Sarea's bed. She was awake! It was silent for a few moments and then Sarea screamed.

"Daddy! Mum! Christian! Help me!"

Christian was at her side in a second. Draco and Ginny were also crowding around their daughter. Christian brought his hands up to cup Sarea's face and Draco flicked his wand to brighten the lights.

"Sarea," he said gently, looking into her worried and clouded blue eyes, "we're all here. You’re going to be fine; everything is going to be fine."

"Christian?" she gasped, barely daring to hope.

"I'm here," he told her gently.

She fell into his arms, crying her heart out. Christian had to fight back his own tears; he had never seen her hurting so much and it was killing him. He gathered her closely to his bo dy and held her, soothing her with words, caresses and gentle kisses.

"Christian, I love you," she cried into his chest.

"I love you too, Sarea," Christian said as one tear escaped his eye, "I was so scared."

Draco and Ginny had both taken their first deep breath all evening. Their daughter was safe and soon she was going to be happy.

"Mum? Daddy?" Sarea said breaking away from Christian after a few more minutes.

Draco and Ginny moved forward to see their baby girl. Ginny dropped to her knees and wrapped her daughter up in her arms.

"My Sarea," she whispered through her own tears, "Don't you ever scare us like that again!"

Sarea broke apart from her mother. "I won't. I Promise; I love you Mum."

"I love you too, darling," Ginny said, touching her daughter's cheek as she moved aside to let Draco through.

Her father sat down on the bed and took one of her hands in both of his. He looked up at her and smiled warmly. She could see all of the unshed tears in his eyes; her father always tried not to cry but sometimes he just couldn't help it. Draco cleared his throat and Sarea looked at him.

"Hey kid," he said affectionately, calling her by his special nickname for her. "Are you going to be alright?"

"I'll be fine Daddy," she assured him, "I just feel a little weak."

"Well, tomorrow, all of tomorrow, you'll be in bed young lady," he said, mock sternness coming into his tone. "Do you think you can tell us about what you saw yet?"

"Not now, Daddy," she all but begged him. "Please don't make me think about it yet."

"Alright, Princess," he consented.

Ginny spoke up, "Ok sweet, we'll bring up some visitors. Alright?"

"Yeah."

"Draco, you go and tell our family the news. I’ll wake up Corey and Adam."

"Right." He kissed Sarea on the forehead and followed Ginny out the door.

Christian and Sarea were left alone for the time being.

"You came," Sarea said, hardly above a whisper.

"Of course I came!" Christian said, taking her hands in his and sitting beside her.

"What about your mother?"

“Sar, you know nothing could ever keep me away from you, especially when you need me this much. I don't give a damn what my mother says or thinks, as long as you are with me; that’s what matters."

He moved his hands up to cup her face. He regarded her gently for a time, as she did him. She saw nothing but love and sincerity in his eyes. She moved her hands up to cover his.

"Yes," she sighed, "as long as we have each other."

"I'm going to stay," he told her, his tone bordering on excited, "I'm not going back to Glasgow once you’re better. I'm staying right here with you for the rest of the summer. All this time apart from you was killing me. I found myself thinking about you if my mind was not focused on a single task. You live in my very being and I could not stop the thoughts of you and me and us. I read and reread all of our owls and was so happy whenever I got a letter from you. I love you so much Sarea and I don't want to be apart from you anymore than I have to."

"Christian, it’s only been about a month and a half since we last saw each other," she said, her eyes filling up with tears again, "but Gods, I've missed you so!"

"The missing is over now," he stated simply.

Sarea broke down into more tears. She fell into Christian's arms, her arms found their favorite place around his neck and her face was soon buried in his chest.

"Sar," Christian pleaded, gently caressing her, "please don't cry, everything is going to be fine. Please love, don't cry, you know I can't stand to see you like this."

Sarea gently disengaged herself from her boyfriend's arms and looked him straight in the eye. She leaned forward and touched her lips to his. It felt so good, especially after so long without his touch. Ever since her birthday party which was three days after term ended, she had longed for his touch. Now she was in his arms, kissing him, and she was in heaven. Sarea tried to deepen the kiss by running her tongue along the seam of Christian's lips but he pulled away.

Sarea was hurt. Normally that little move made him weak in the knees and he couldn't resist. She looked at him, a saddened expression in her eyes.

"Don't try me Sar," he said, gently running his hands up her face. "You’re supposed to be resting and this is not resting. The sooner you get better, the sooner I can snog you silly!"

She smiled at him, and then had an idea, "Christian, I need you to stay with me. Please stay with me."

"I'm not going anywhere, love," he assured her.

"Then come lay with me. You'll make me feel much better."

Christian looked somewhat skeptical for a moment and then realized he needed to be with her just as much. He walked to the other side of her bed, removed his shoes, and climbed onto the bed. He didn't get under the covers but he did hold her close to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and tucked her head into the crook of his neck. He smiled and in turn wrapped his arms around her. Every so often he would press a kiss to her temple or top of her head. Oh yes, he had missed her so much.

When Sarea was almost asleep again, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Sarea said, sitting up slightly.

A flood of thirteen people came into her room. Both of her grandmothers came bustling up to her first.

"Sarea, dear, are you alright?" Molly cooed.

"Yes, Nana," Sarea said lightly, "both of you don't need to worry; I'm fine. I'm a Malfoy; I can take a hit and keep on coming."

"Oh," Narcissa laughed, "that's right, our strong little Butterfly."

Sarea smiled at her name. Her middle name had been Narcissa’s idea. When she saw her granddaughter she had thought how delicate but strong she looked, like she could be carried off by the wind but not over-taken by it. So Sarea's middle name was Flutura, which means butterfly in Albanian.

One by one, her family members came to talk to her, wish her well, and reaffirm their love for her. Draco, however, stood back watching, just to make sure nothing would tire her out too much. Bill, Charlie, Fred, and George even brought her presents. Bill brought her a beautiful necklace he and Fleur had bought in France. Charlie gave her a butterfly made of crystal he had found on one of his adventures. Of course, Fred and George gave her sweets. She smiled widely as she looked at all of her favorite candies that she would soon be devouring.

After a few moments, they all began to disperse. Ron and Hermione left with Harry and Luna; they needed to see to their kids. Draco told them he'd owl them if Sarea's vision revealed anything critical. Soon everyone else had returned home. The only people who stayed were Bill and Charlie. Draco asked them to stay for a few reasons; Bill, due to his career with Gringotts, had become skilled in the interpreting of cryptic codes. Charlie, on the other hand, was exceptionally talented in potions work with an emphasis on healing potions. Draco knew that Sarea would need a dreamless sleep potion, as well as a calming draught. Draco also hoped that Charlie could show him how to brew the potion for Sarea's visions.

As Ginny came back through the door, two identical boys yawned and rubbed sleep out of their eyes while walking in front of their mother. Draco turned to see them and smiled. Sarea and Christian were still talking to Bill and Charlie, so Draco scooped up his sons into his arms. They looked so much like Ginny: red hair, brown eyes, and freckles. He smiled as they woke up enough to squeak, "Dad!" and throw their arms around his neck. He kissed both of them on the head and then set them back on their feet. It was then that they caught sight of their sister. Neither Corey nor Adam had ever seen her like this. She looked pale, tired, horribly worn out, older than her seventeen years and thinner than she had been before they went to bed.

Corey looked up at his father and mother. "What's wrong with Sarea?" he asked, his face puckered with worry.

Draco looked down at his son, "Sarea's very sick, Cor. Now, I want you and Adam to go give your sister a great big hug and a kiss. Be gentle! She needs rest, so don't you both go getting wild."

"Yes Dad," Adam said as he and his brother moved forward.

Christian spotted the boys first; he smiled and then gently said. "You have some visitors, Sar."

Sarea looked up and spotted her twin brothers. She held out her arms to them. They ever so slowly climbed onto their sister's lap, as she said, "They'll never be too old for me to treat them like my baby brothers."

Corey and Adam always said they enjoyed the way Sarea treated them. She treated them their age but there was always a hint in her treatment that made them seem younger than they are. Sarea gently kissed her brothers on the cheek and hugged them both with as much strength as she could muster.

"How are you feeling Sar?' Adam asked his sister.

"Better Adam, thank you sweetheart," she said, smiling.

"Good!" Corey chimed in, "We can't have you getting sick on us. Then you wouldn’t go back to Hogwarts and we wouldn't get Mum and Dad to ourselves."

Sarea pretended to look affronted but ended up tickling Corey until he was laughing so hard that he was sure he'd wet his pants.

"All right enough you two," Ginny said, "Back to bed. We need to speak to Sarea about something."

"Gin, I'll take them," Charlie offered, placing two hands on his sister’s arms, "Then I can get started on the potions."

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank you Charlie, I think I need to be with her right now."

The boys bid everyone good night and left. Charlie followed the boys out of the room and closed the door as he left. Draco and Ginny made their way back into Sarea's room. Bill had drawn up two chairs next to the one he was sitting in and Draco and Ginny both sat down. Sarea looked so comfortable lying on her bed in Christian's arms and Draco and Ginny hated to spoil her mood. Yet they knew it would have to come sooner or later.

"Sweet," Ginny began looking at her daughter. "We need to talk about your vision. I know you don't want to but Healer Whimper said it’s best to talk."

Sarea sighed, and then took a quivering breath in, "I'll tell what I saw Mum."

Christian pulled her tighter to him and gave her a gentle kiss on the top of her head. It relaxed her somewhat and let her know he was still there. Christian knew that under the mask she wore, she was scared and talking about her vision would only heighten her fears.

"At first everything was dark, so dark and eerily quiet that it scared me. I knew I had to be somewhere other than home but I had no idea what was going on. It didn't feel like a dream and it couldn't have been real. It was then that I realized I must have been having a vision of some sort. That potion not only wakes me but it also tells me what's happened. It has a calming agent of sorts to tell me what I saw wasn't real yet. It did not help much though. Anyway, I started walking and as I made my way forward things began to lighten a bit. It was still very dark and I began to trip over things on the ground; they were everywhere but I could not seem what they were. I crouched down to see better and realized I was tripping over bodies of dead and wounded people. I looked up and everything became perilously clear. Everywhere I turned I saw someone fighting; I saw everyone…"

She began to count on her fingers, "Uncle Ron, Uncle Harry, Uncle Fred and Uncle George, Uncle Charlie, you Uncle Bill, even Percy and Grandpa!" She took a shallow breath in and continued, "Then I saw you daddy; you and Lucius were fighting."

Draco slightly stiffened at the mention of his father’s name, but Ginny slipped her hand into his and he relaxed.

"Then I saw you fall and drop your wand. Lucius came after you and I thought he would kill you but after a second both of you were gone. I screamed when I thought I lost you and then I was in darkness again. The next place was even darker then the last but once again I began to walk. The only thing that appeared was a door at the end of the blackness. So I walked through and when I did, I saw," she dropped off.


Christian held fast to Sarea's waist, and rested his cheek on her head. He had a feeling of what was coming next. His support was enough to make Sarea finish. "I saw him," she gasped, tears streaming down her face, "I saw Voldemort surrounded by his death eaters and they were all cheering about how life was to be after the war and how good all the killing would feel. I kept seeing faces, so many faces I knew: Classmates, not just Slytherins, I saw Ravenclaws, too. They were all yelling at the top of their lungs, ‘One week! One week!’ Then, I saw a pile of Evening Prophet's burning, all with today's date on them. I was so afraid. Then they brought someone out as a sacrifice."

"Who was it sweet?" Draco asked, fearing for his daughter.

"I don't know; I could not see their face or anything else to give them away."

"Bill," Ginny asked her brother with a shaky voice, "does that mean anything?"

"Any images clouded or hidden generally mean that said image is one a person knows well. So the person Sarea saw is more likely then not someone she knows well."

Sarea turned her face into Christian's chest; her tears consumed her. Christian held tightly to her, willing his own tears not to fall. He never had any strength when it came to Sarea being in pain. Sarea pulled away from his tight embrace and looked at him, fear clouding her already misted eyes.

"I saw you Christian," she cried, "I saw you surrounded by Death Eaters, being hit with curses, and I felt each one hit me. I couldn't take it anymore! Before I could do anything to help you, to save you, my vision changed! Mum," Sarea turned to her mother who was ghostly pale and her father who looked more scared than ever before, "I saw you, you and daddy. You were kneeling next to him, and daddy, you… you were hurt, and Mum was crying and it looked like you wouldn't make it. That's it; that’s all I can remember seeing. Then it all just started over, except worse."

She could say nothing else. She crawled into Christian's lap and wrapped her arms around him. He cradled her body, trying to calm her. Ginny had a death grip on Draco's hand as tears of her own fell down her cheeks. Draco could not form words; he was scared and now he needed to get in contact with the other Order members. Bill couldn't think of anything to say either. There was a knock on the door that scared them all and Charlie entered with the potion. He imagined what had gone on in the room; he had heard stories from Bill about some horrors he had to interpret and anything that could put those looks on his family's faces was bad.

"Sarea sweet," Charlie said, sitting on her bed, speaking to her gently, "I need you to take both of these. This will calm you and the other will give you dreamless sleep."

Sarea nodded, and took both cups from the tray. She drank both and a few minutes later was calmly asleep, still in Christian's arms.

"Christian," Ginny said, voice still shaking, "will you just stay with her? She seems so much calmer."

"I won't let her go," he assured her. Draco, Ginny, Charlie, and Bill all left the room.

"Bill, Charlie," Draco said turning to both his brother-in-law, "We need to get to work; you two Apparate to the Burrow, and get your dad, Fred, George and Percy. I'll get Harry and Ron from their houses. Raise the alarm from the Burrow and we'll raise it as we go. All the male members of the Order have to meet at headquarters, only men for now. I don't want any of the women, especially if they have children. That's why Harry, Ron and I have forbid Gin, Luna and Hermione to fight. We don't need families being ripped apart anymore than absolutely necessary."

"Right," they both said and then Apparated out.

Draco turned back to Ginny; her tears were still coming, and now stronger then before. He kissed her hard and fast on the lips, "I'll be home when we find out what's going on. I promise." Ginny, pale and unable to speak, only nodded in response. "I love you," Draco said kissing her again, only a little longer this time.

"I love you too, Draco," she whispered, "please come home soon!"

"I promise, my love, soon."

After one last famished kiss he was gone. Ginny collapsed into a fit of tears right then and there; she had never felt so lost. After about twenty minutes, Ginny controlled her tears and got to her feet. She slowly made her way down the hall to Corey and Adam's room. She slipped inside and smiled at the site that greeted her. Corey was in bed but his head was dangerously close to the floor. Adam, on the other hand, was sprawled all over his bed. Ginny tucked them both back in and kissed them both on the head before she left. Now she was going to check on Sarea and get Christian to sleep in one of the guest bedrooms but she walked into the room and saw that it was not going to happen. Christian had fallen asleep with Sarea still in his arms. He was propped up against a bunch of pillows his arms wrapped tightly around the girl in his arms, even in sleep. One of his arms was slung over her waist and the other was supporting her at the back, her head rested on his shoulder and his rested gently on hers. Ginny was so grateful to Christian; he had rescued Sarea and not just tonight either. When Sarea had first told her and Draco about Christian, they had been more then skeptical concerning the relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarea and Christian had known each other since first year but they had never really been friends. Sarea ran with her crowd and Christian with his; the way they knew each other was through Quidditch. Both Christian and Sarea played for Gryffindor; she was a Chaser and Christian was the Keeper, plus they were in almost all the same classes. They spoke during practice and when they were in the halls they would smile at each other. They finally admitted they had fallen for each other in the middle of their fifth year; in truth, it had happened long before that. Every summer Sarea would come home and tell her mother about the boy with dark curly brown hair, dreamy green-brown eyes and a smile that could melt any girl’s heart. She all but swooned when she spoke of his voice. His voice had a Scottish twinge to it when he said certain words because he lived in Glasgow; it drove the girls wild. Sarea always wondered why he almost never had a girlfriend for long periods of time. About once a month since his forth year he'd had a girlfriend but every month someone new came along. Sometimes he would go back to the same girls but it didn't happen very often. Draco thought it sounded like the Gryffindor version of himself; Ginny thought he just hadn't found the girl he really wanted to be with.

Finally in fifth year, Sarea and Christian had been partnered together for a Charms assignment and he was actually free of girls at the time. One hour with Sarea and he realized how much they really had in common, not just Quidditch and being good at little known household helper charms but so many other things. They got their project on household charms done quickly and then talked for the rest of the day. They knew their parents' history and that was one reason Christian had always stayed clear of Sarea, despite his attraction to her. He didn't want to be forbidden from seeing her just because their parents had gotten into a fight years ago. Sarea told him that she didn't care; she wanted to take the risk, so they started dating anyway.

Christian and Sarea talked in the library until Madam Pince kicked them out and then they just continued to talk in Gryffindor tower. After one day with her, Christian knew their relationship was going to last more then a month. He swore he fell in love with her the first day of their project but he could never admit it that soon. Christian and Sarea found themselves telling each other secrets that not even their closest friends knew and after only one day it was like he had known her all of his life. After Sarea fell asleep on the couch in front of the fire in the common room, Christian sat in one of the wing back chairs and fell asleep himself. When Christian awoke the next morning there was a note from Sarea to meet him out on the Qudditch field. Christian remembered it was Saturday so he went. Sarea made it a ritual that every Saturday morning she went for a fly. They flew to the ground limits many times, sometimes racing, sometimes just flying along next to each other, talking about this and that. They parted after about five hours of flying but they decided to meet up again. Christian surprised Sarea with a dinner on the roof. They finally ended the night and when they said goodbye Sarea gave Christian a lingering kiss on the cheek. The next day was a Hogsmede visit and Christian wasted no time in asking Sarea to go with him. She agreed and the two spent the whole day together. They laughed and talked and had more fun than they could ever remember having. The return to Hogwarts didn't end their night. They ate dinner in the Great Hall and then rounded out the night with a moonlit walk around the lake. About five minutes into the walk Christian took Sarea's hand and laced her fingers through his own. They walked in silence for the most part, every so often sneaking glances at each other. Finally Christian turned Sarea to face him. It was perfect; Sarea had never felt so incredible in her entire life. Christian looked into her eyes for about two minutes until he slowly bent forward and kissed her on the lips. It was Sarea's first kiss, passionate and innocent, the kind that melts someone's heart. After that moment Christian and Sarea were always together.

Sarea knew however they could not hide forever and she and Christian decided that they would tell their parents as soon as they could that summer. Draco and Ginny had not been happy at all when they heard Christian’s last name. Sarea had told them she was dating the boy she always talked about and begged her parents to just meet Christian to give him some sort of chance. They reluctantly agreed and soon Christian was in London to meet Draco and Ginny.

The night went as good as it possibly could have been. Ginny loosened up upon meeting Christian. She thought he was a very nice boy who liked Sarea. She was not quite sure about love; Sarea had told her mother that neither of them had said those three all-important words yet. Still even if Christian was a sweet boy who treated Sarea right, it didn't mean that she was going to let Sarea continue to date him. Lavender had not been welcome toward Sarea and she had even forbid her to be in their house. Ginny just didn’t want Sarea to get hurt later. Draco barely said anything at all; he didn't like the idea of a boy taking away his little Princess. He knew it was going to happen, but he didn't want a Gryffindor version of himself doing anything to damage her in anyway. Later on that night while they were all talking in the living room, Corey and Adam came bursting in back from their friends house where they flew almost everyday. The second the two brothers saw Christian with his arms wrapped protectively around Sarea they had sprung into action. The two had begun to give Christian the third degree. Most of the questions were relatively harmless but when they had lulled him into a false sense of security they dropped the bomb. "Do you love our sister?" they chorused in unison. Christian took an audible gulp in; he and Sarea had never really broached the word love but it had always been there. Christian always found himself distracted with thoughts of her and sometimes it got him in trouble in class. The more time he spent with her the more he felt as if he were falling into something he couldn't get out of even if he wanted to. He had always meant to tell Sarea he loved her because he did with all of his heart. The words just had not gone from his heart to his mouth yet. Christian looked past Adam and Corey and his gaze met with Sarea's. Her eyes looked so intense. He saw that look in her eyes so much and he had even seen it in his own. He knew what that look was and it was about damn time he acted on it! "I do," he told the twins. "But she's going to be the one who hears me say it first." Christian got up out of his chair and walked to Sarea. He pulled her into his arms, regarding her slowly, surely, as if they were the only two people in the world. He ran his hand through her hair and then stilled it. He was looking directly into her bright blue eyes and he had never been more sincere. "I love you Sarea," he breathed, realizing how strange but wonderful the words felt on his tongue. "I've wanted to say it for so long but I've just been a stupid scared boy. I love you."

"I love you too Christian," Sarea told him, running her hand down his cheek, "I think I always have."

He dipped his head down to hers for the briefest but most loving kiss the two had ever shared. Christian left soon after that. Sarea was in a state of euphoria and did not notice her parents whispering in her father's office. Draco told Ginny how he felt; she echoed the sentiment, albeit not as strongly. They both felt that given the fact that Christian was a Finnegan, Sarea should not be dating him. After the events of that night, they knew Sarea would not give him up without a fight; Draco and Ginny were going to forbid Sarea to see Christian but she backed them into a corner.

"You both of all people should know Christian is not his mother or his father! Mum, after all your family put you through when you fell in love with daddy, you should understand. We can't choose whom we fall in love with and I've fallen in love with Christian. I have that feeling in me when I'm with him; he's all I need. I've heard your love story so many times and now I want one of my own. Please don't make this a Romeo and Juliet love because I will continue to see Christian even if you forbid me. He protects me and he believes in me. More importantly, I believe in him and in us. You both have always taught me that whatever you truly believe in is worth any price and you know I believe in love. Christian loves me. He loves me mum, dad; he loves me and that is worth everything!" Her parents had nothing to say to that. They knew she had won. As a result, Ginny became more open to Christian but Draco was still a bit uptight. That would not change until much later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny smiled, Sarea was truly a Malfoy; she had refused to give up something she wanted. She and Christian had been together for almost two years. Ginny shut the doors doors and walked to her own room. room.om. She went through her normal nightly ritual without Draco and she lay down in her big lonely bed. She could not help the tear that escaped her eyes. After about an hour of tossing and turning, Ginny fell into an uneasy sleep.

About seven hours later Ginny woke. As soon as she wandered out of her bedroom she heard noise and smelt a pleasant aroma coming from the kitchen. She cautiously made her way into the kitchen only to see Christian bent over the stove.

"Christian?" Ginny spoke so as not to startle him, "What are you doing?"

"Oh Mrs. Malfoy, you’re awake," he turned to her and frowned. "I was going to wake everyone up with breakfast in bed."

Ginny smiled, "What are you Christian, some kind of Saint?'

"That's me," he laughed "Saint Christian of the Greens, Patron Saint of Love."

Ginny smiled wider. "Really Mrs. Malfoy," he said, returning to his food, "I just wanted to do this to thank you."

"For what?"

"Well, Mr. Malfoy said that I could stay here as long as I wanted too. You don't mind do you?"

"Of course not!" Ginny assured him. "Of course you’re welcome here, anytime. You’re so close to family already." There was a brief pause between the two of them.

"My parents wanted to help in the war, you know," Christian said, suddenly unsure of himself.

Ginny was taken aback; Lavender and Seamus had not been involved in the war effort at all. Ever since Voldemort had come back, the both of them had tried their hardest to deny it. Even while the war was at its heights they had never fought, never done anything to help either side.

"Why the change of mind?" Ginny asked him.

"It was more a change of heart," he told her, offering a cup of coffee, which Ginny took.

"But if one is killed-"

"Then the other will not be far behind," Christian finished. "I know. I'm not exactly looking forward to going home to an empty castle." He was talking about his home. For thousands of years, the Finnegan Clan had lived in the same castle in Glasgow. Castle Ainsley was a huge place and Ginny almost shuddered at the thought of Christian there alone with countless worries on his mind.

"Don't be silly Christian, you won't be going back to Ainsley alone. You will stay here with us until your family comes back. Sarea will be glad to have you here and so will Adam and Corey and I know I'll fell better having you here with them."

"Are you going to fight this time?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"Draco hasn't let me fight since Sarea was born. He had enough of a complex letting me fight when we were first seeing each other but I told him I was going to and he thought there was enough fighting without him trying to fight me. When he did make me give it up I was glad too. The battlefield is not something anyone dreams of seeing. I would be fighting at Draco's side but he always told me that I would have to be the pillar of strength for the family while he's gone. So I've tried to be just that."

There was an Apparation pop behind them at Ginny's word and they both turned. It was Draco. "Gin, come on," he said. "You need to come now."

He looked disheveled and older then his thirty-seven years. Ginny was worried.

"Christian, make sure Sarea does not get out of bed and um, have the boys just spend the day with you. Don't let them fool around too much; Sarea needs her rest. We'll be back just as soon as we can be."

Ginny walked over to Draco and wrapped herself in his arms. Christian blinked and they were gone. Christian took the trays of food up stairs, one by one. He left them on Sarea's bed and then went to get the boys. They were more then happy to spend the day with Christian and Sarea.

"As long as you two don't snog every five seconds!" they demanded, very seriously.

Christian gently woke Sarea and she began to eat what he had fixed for her. After breakfast, the four of them got quiet and for a while none of them could think of anything to say. Finally Adam spoke, "Sarea tell us Mum and Dad's story."



"Adam you must be tired of hearing it by now," she said to him.

"Nope!" he assured his sister.

"Besides," Corey chimed in, "We haven't heard it in forever and a lot of the time you tell it better than Mum and Dad."

"Alright, alright," she finally gave in, "Once, Daddy was not as nice as he is now and…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok I'm a sappy hopeless romantic! I'm sorry; I just love the characters of Sarea and Christian. I know they are both Mary Jane ish but that will change later… I hope. A lot of the things they'll say to each other come from the movie Moulin Rouge that is one of my favorite movies. It's about all I stand for and this story can get sappy, so you have fair warning. Unless otherwise noted here nothing comes from Moulin Rouge.

Hugs to my beta!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2103