Angel of Music by Sannikex
Summary: Hogwarts is setting Phantom of the Opera. Secrets are revealed and love ensues as the curtains opens... "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only show the thruth and the truth is not what you want to see. In the dark it's easy to pretend. Dare you trust the music of the night?"
Categories: Long and Completed Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 24433 Read: 65461 Published: Apr 17, 2005 Updated: Oct 10, 2005

1. Phantom of the Opera by Sannikex

2. Auditions by Sannikex

3. Leading Parts by Sannikex

4. First Rehearsal by Sannikex

5. Angel? by Sannikex

6. Scents by Sannikex

7. Scene Attires by Sannikex

8. Three Broomsticks by Sannikex

9. Forgive Me by Sannikex

10. Painting by Sannikex

11. Friends by Sannikex

12. Realizations by Sannikex

13. Rage by Sannikex

14. Christmas by Sannikex

15. Revenge by Sannikex

16. Snow by Sannikex

17. Problems by Sannikex

18. Truce by Sannikex

19. Magic by Sannikex

20. Final Rehearsal by Sannikex

21. Premiere by Sannikex

Phantom of the Opera by Sannikex
Author's Notes:
Well, for some reason the first chapter has been deleted, which is weird...But now it's back and I hope all readers, old and new, will enjoy this Phantom of the Opera inspired fanfiction!
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter One
Phantom of the Opera


The sky that constituted the ceiling of the Great Hall held stormy gray clouds that were hunted rapidly over the firmament by the merciless wind.

Poor firsties, Ginny thought as she eyed the shaking to-be-students hurry through the hall behind Professor McGonagall.

As the sorting began Ginny’s thoughts wandered forward in time, to a room where she would go after dinner. A room she could almost call her own since there was only one person except for herself who knew about it. Not even Fred and George had discovered it. She would finally meet her tutor again after a long summer with no singing at all.

She couldn’t sing at home, her brothers would tease her to no end if they understood how seriously she took her music. Dumbledore, who rose and said what he always said every year, interrupted her thoughts. But this year he didn’t finish at ‘The Forbidden Forest is as the name says forbidden´. He continued with:

“This year will be a little bit different from the last one. In these dark times we need something to enjoy, therefore the Staff and I decided that we will make play. The cast will consist of students and to your help we will have Ms Chanté Laux.”

A surprised buzz started. Chanté Laux was one of the most famous singers in the wizard world. A soprano whose voice Ginny admired greatly. “ The auditions will be held Wednesday and the times will be announced on the message boards in each common room. I think that’s all. Now let the feast begin!” Everyone around Ginny began to stuff themselves with food but she was too excited too eat; this might be her chance to show that she actually was good at something!

She rose and started off towards the music room, there was someone she really wanted to meet there.

Harry Potter was picking at his food, trailing patterns in the sauce barely aware of the exceptionally loud chatter around him. What did he care that some people were going to perform a play? It didn’t matter to him. There were not many things that mattered to him anymore.

Hermione gave Ron a sad look; it was hard to see your best friend pine away. Since last term Harry seemed to have thinned even more, and he had blue bags beneath his eyes. Green eyes filled with enough tiredness for an old man.

“Maybe we should try out for the play?” Hermione said out of nothing.

“What?” Ron looked up from his plate and Hermione begged him with her eyes, maybe Harry would cheer up a little if something out of the usual happened? Ron seemed to get the point and carried on. “Well, it’s not a bad idea, it could be fun.” He said looking at Harry with hopeful eyes.

“Sure” Harry said as he rose.

“Where are you going? Aren’t you going to eat anymore?” Hermione said looking worried.

“I’m not hungry.” With that he left his friends at the Gryffindor table.

A play? Was the old fool of a Headmaster totally out of his mind? thought Draco Malfoy as he entered the Slytherin common room, steering his steps towards the boys' dormitories.

The parchment on the message board almost looked like it shone where it hung totally alone on the black background. He could not prevent himself from stopping to look at it, only to see what the dumb sweets-loving old man had decided that his favorite Hufflepuffs should play.

Instead of the Headmaster's well-known handwriting he found that the text was written in loopy, leaning letters with the heading: “Phantom of the Opera.”

Could they not choose anything easy to begin with? Did they have to pick a play that took professional voices to sing? They’re going to ruin a fine piece of music he thought. Picking up what he had came to his dorm for he went out of the common room again and set off for his meeting.

Ginny entered her music room. It really was nothing more than an empty room with a puffy, worn armchair in the middle. The three huge windows faced the Forbidden Forest and the velvet curtains that once had been dark violet now looked gray with dust and fade. A large mirror with a gilded frame stood in a dark corner, and piles of music papers lay in the windowsills.

“Are you there?” Ginny called. A little tune answered her. She grinned and said, “Did you hear that we’re going to perform a play? I think this could be my chance, Angel. Finally I get the opportunity to act!” A dark voice answered her,

“They’re going to perform Phantom of the Opera. It is a muggle sort of play that’s called a 'musical'. It means that some of the lines in the story are sung.”

“You mean that I get the chance to sing too?” Ginny said excitedly.

“Yes.” The voice she called Angel answered, “But, it is not an easy role, even for you.”

“I trust you’ve taught me well enough, Angel.” Sometimes Ginny felt a bit stupid for taking singing lessons from someone she could not see and upon that, calling him
Angel. But when she heard his voice and his music no other name was possible. He played the piano and sang like an angel, an angel of music. “Can you play something from it for me?” A sad melody began and Ginny closed her eyes and felt the music sweep her away.

Sometimes it scared her, what a power he had over her. His music could make her so helpless, so totally dependent on him. His voice was so filled with promises, so intoxicating. It had always been that way. She had first come to the room in her second year to be alone and to sing, and he had been there. First she just listened, then he began instructing her, so she now was a very good singer. When he felt like singing their duets were breathtaking.

The music died and they started practicing. Much later, when Ginny went back to the Gryffindor Tower, her heart was filled with music. She was sure that she would get a leading part in the musical. She couldn’t wait until Wednesday!
Auditions by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Two

Auditions

A/N: Thanks to everyone who reviewed, I really appreciate it! Disclaimer: I do not own anything in this that belongs to JK Rowling or Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Phantom of the Opera”.

Draco was the only one in the common room, no one else were stupid enough to be awake four o’clock in the morning since the first classes started in five hours. He was slouching in one of the deep green armchairs, glaring at a piece of parchment on the message board. If someone would enter they’d probably wondered what harm the paper had caused him. It had destroyed his mental peace; it annoyed him to no end that some amateurs were about to set up a play meant for professionals. He couldn’t go himself of course; he was a Malfoy and a Slytherin (anything else would be unimaginable), he had a reputation to uphold. He could not learn some mudblood Hufflepuffs how to sing. The thought was ridiculous! But still...he knew he was good, at both acting and singing more sincere than smug. He had the possibility to show the worthless piece of idiots in this school that at least some of them could be perfect. The thought was alluring. With a scowl he memorized the time for the auditions that were neatly scribbled on the earlier mentioned parchment.

Ginny waited nervously outside the doors of the Great Hall. The auditions for the leading parts were individual and the next time someone’s name was called it would be her. She had learned that there were two male leads and one for a woman. The woman was called Christine Daáe and the second lead was Raoul. The first lead was the mystical Phantom. The auditions for the phantom and Raoul were held after hers and after that it was the other, smaller, parts.

“Weasley, Ginevra!” Wish me luck, Angel! She thought and entered the room. At the Staff table sat a woman who Ginny recognized as Chanté Laux, the famous singer and behind her was a bald man sitting by a piano. Chanté smiled and inclined her head, gesturing for Ginny to stand in front of her.

“Welcome! I think we start at once. Will you please repeat what Geoffrey plays.” It wasn’t a question so Ginny nodded and prepared herself. This was not new to her; she had exercised this for endless hours in the music room. After a while Chanté stopped her

“Good. Now I want you to sing the song you’ve chosen.” Ginny nodded once more and took a deep breath. Then, with her tutors well known voice in her ears, advising her, she started to sing. The song caught her and the melody whirled around her, floated towards the blue sky above like leaves in the wind. She finished with a high-pitched tone that flowed over her lips lightly as feathers. The rushing, bubbling happiness that gripped her everytime she sang was mirrored in her deep brown eyes.

“Thank you. The results will be in the entrance hall tomorrow.” Ginny noticed her soft French accent and out of nothing she thought that she must be a good teacher. She turned and walked out, noticing that now it was only boys waiting outside the double doors. To her surprise she saw Malfoy there. He looked terribly out of place with all the school’s nerds around him. He didn’t insult her or smirk, he just watched her intently make her way to her Charms. A bit surprised of the lack of animosity she hurried towards Professor Flitwick’s classroom.

“Malfoy, Draco!” Finally! He thought, how long could it take to understand that these people could not act and even less sing? He strode in and a woman greeted him telling him what to do. Only five minutes later he was back out of the Great Hall, shamelessly content with himself. By his way out to Care of Magical Creatures he saw the Dream Team, seemingly glued to each other as usual. Instead of his usual comments he just walked by, a smug smirk grin playingon his lips. It was much funnier, he had discovered, to do this since the Trio instead of getting angry became very nervous. If the son of a death eater was happy then something was wrong. Very happy with his newly found way to torture the three Gryffindors he disappeared out on the sunny Hogwarts grounds.

“I don’t like the way Malfoy’s acting. He’s bloody happy all the time.” Ron said glaring at the retreating back of the blonde Slytherin.

“At least he isn’t coming with hisslight insults anymore.” Hermione said but she didn’t look like it actually was an improvement.

“Potter, Harry!” The raven-haired boy rose, and totally uninterested went through the doors.

The same procedure was repeated again but to Harry it was totally new. He never sang at all, he didn’t even hum to himself. Now he was asked to sing and he was asked to do it well. He felt some of his old covetousness awake and he got a determined look on his face. Hermione and Ron almost jumped with glee when they saw that their friend had lost some of the dazed shield that guarded his eyes. It was not much, but it was something.

That night there were many anxious students in all the houses, nervously awaiting the results of the auditions. The chatter was unusually low and many went to bed early, but not many of them fell asleep until much later. In the silence of the night a house elf put the castingon the doors of the Great Hall.

Ginny awoke early with a tickling sensation in her stomach. She got dressed quickly and left, careful to not disturb her roommates. When she came down to the entrance hall she spotted a tiny crowd in front of the doors. She hurried over and the group parted to let her see. A weak “Oh my God,” was all she could muster when she saw the piece of parchment that would change her life forever.
Leading Parts by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Three

Leading Parts

A/N: Hi! Update! Thanks to you who reviewed, I love reviews :D

The parchment in front of her read: Christine Daáe: Ginevra Weasley; Phantom: Draco Malfoy; Raoul: Harry Potter; Carlotta: Cho Chang; Meg Giry: Hermione Granger; Firmin: Ronald Weasley; André: Seamus Finnegan; Madame Giry: Pansy Parkinson; Piangi: Terry Boot; and so on.

She had got the lead! But she had to act against Malfoy of all people. Did he have to come here and put his pointy nose into her dream? And how in the world did he make it to get a role? She noted that the first rehearsal was the same afternoon and went into the Great Hall for breakfast.

Harry was on his way through the double doors for breakfast when someone called him.

“Oy, Harry c’mon over here!” He looked up and saw Ron standing in a little crowd of people, his ears red with excitement. He went over and Ron almost bounced

“Look, Harry! You are in for a leading part!” Surprised, Harry discovered that his friend was right. He was going to play someone called Raoul.

“And, Ginny’s playing in the lead to!” he said shining with pride. Then his bright smile died.

“But Malfoy’s going to play too...” Harry’s eyes went to the list on the door. Ron was right again; Draco Malfoy was chosen to play the phantom.

“I guess we’ll see him at the rehearsal.” Harry thought back on the days when he had been constantly fighting with the Slytherin. What then had been so important now seemed very childish.

“I wonder whom he had to bribe to get the role?” Harry didn’t answer and they went into the hall. Hermione came rushing towards them, her cheeks rosy with happiness. Harry heard his friend's breath catch. Irritated that Ron never did anything, although he had been in love with Hermione for years, he turned towards his bushy-haired friend.

“Congratulations, boys to the roles! I’m in too, I’m going to play Meg Giry!” With Ron and Hermioneon his right, excitedly chatting about rehearsals and people in the play they went over to the Gryffindor table.

Draco walked nonchalantly towards the casting list and noted without surprise that he was going to play the phantom. With a smirk he saw the youngest Weasley's name and grimaced when he saw Potter’s. What in the world possessed them to let Potter act? He couldn’t act if his life depended on it. Must have been Dumbledore who had begged for him to be on the casting. Of course it couldn’t be a play without Saint Potter in it! With that he walked into the Great Hall.

At lunch break Harry had gone somewhere again without them, and they had done what they usually did when he was gone. Taking strolls in the castle, hoping to find Harry and bring him with them.

This day, however, they had ended up in an abandoned room on the seventh floor. It was a beautiful room with colored-glass windows and the sun shone in making patterns on the floor.

The furniture was made of dark wood and the heavy curtains had once been burgundy red. There was a special atmosphere in the air of something happy and safe, like laughter.

Ron and Hermione went in and sat down on a sofa that faced the windows. They watched the grounds which through the windows looked a lot of different colours. Ron broke the comfortable silence.

“Hermione, what is the 'Phantom of the Opera' about?”

“Oh, it’s a long story. It’s about a man whom has a hideous face and lives under the Opera House in Paris. He has a protégé, Christine Daáe, who he teaches to sing. This girl has never seen him and she is sort of infatuated with him, or her Angel of Music, as she calls him. This man, the phantom, does anything to make Christine get the leading parts.
When the Opera House gets new owners who don’t believe in the Opera Ghost and don’t obey his wishes he starts to get really nasty. Anyway, one day Christine gets a leading role. Everyone loves her, and an old friend of hers, Raoul sees her and falls in love with her. But the phantom is obsessed with Christine and won’t let her meet other men...” Hermione stopped and sneaked a glance at Ron who was looking intently at her.

She wondered if he too was thinking of their fourth year and the Yule Ball...

“So he brings her downbelow the Opera House where he lives and tries to make her stay with him and she could have. He can spellbind her...” Again she looked at Ron.

She didn’t know why she had said that, the truth was that his music could spellbind her but now she was sort of telling Ron what she felt about him...

“She understands that he is the phantom and then she takes off his mask which he always wears to hide his face. He gets mad and shuts her out...”

Another lie, she thought, he sent her up again but now she was doing her best to leave clues. She carried on with the story leaving many not so very subtle clues and now she was nearing the end. Still she hadn’t got any response from Ron he was still watching her with his intent blue stare.

“And then the phantom understands that he is in love with her...” Now she turned her head staring back at Ron. He was leaning forward as if listening closely and she was just turning her eyes back to the window when he captured her lips.

Finally! Hermione thought triumphantly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and then there was no space left in her head for thoughts. Reluctantly, Ron let go of her mouth. “You have no idea of how long I’ve been dreaming to do that...” he said with his arms still wrapped around her.

“No need to dream anymore...” With that the world was left behind again.

For the first time in her life Hermione was not sorry for being late to class.



A bit R/Hr fluff ’t resist...that room was sooo romantic....Please review!
First Rehearsal by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Four

First Rehearsal


Disclaimer: I don’t own anything except for Chanté Laux...I do not own anything from the Phantom of the Opera or the Harry Potter universe.


The Great Hall was filling with the students who had got a part in the play.

“That’s every one I think, will someone please close the door?” Chanté Laux said and a second year Hufflepuff hurried to obey her wish. “Thanks, this first rehearsal we’re going to watch the muggle set of this play so you know what to deal with and then we’ll carefully start to study our parts. The next time the real work begins. We will rehearse the three hours after class until dinner five days a week.” The students groaned, five days a week?

“What about our quidditch exercise?” Ron said anxiously.

“I cannot adjust the rehearsals to four teams' quidditch exercises. If you cannot be here it is your problem to learn your part perfectly until the premiere. If you are not able to do that it is your fault that the play becomes a failure. A play is totally depending on teamwork. There shouldn’t be anything called leading parts since every little walker-on needs to be good for the play to reach perfection.” Ron looked a little taken aback after the small woman’s outburst. “I suggest you to be here, Mr. Weasley.” The singer said and drew her wand. “Now let’s watch Phantom of the Opera´” She waved the wand and a picture swirled in the air. Everyone settled more comfortably in their chairs and the musical begun.

Ginny looked around, eager to begin. Angel had been right, it wasn’t an easy part but that only made her more determined to make it. She would make him proud!

Chanté rose and said “Can I please have Ms. Weasley, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter over here?” Ginny walked across the room to the brown-haired witch who said “for those who don't know, Ginny plays Christine, Draco the phantom and Harry Raoul. We are now going to do some singing exercises and I want them closest so I can hear them best. Now...”

The lead trio stood in front of everyone, Draco Malfoy cold and superior as usual, Harry nervous and unsure and Ginny with a blissful light in her eyes. Ginny suddenly looked up, she knew that voice! The deep voice that sent shivers through her and inspired her to do her best. She let her gaze wander and her eyes fell on Malfoy. Merlin’s beard what a voice he had and yet...it reminded her an awful lot of Angel’s vocals. But Malfoy couldn’t be her Angel; he would never help anyone if he didn’t gain anything by it. But still...was it possible to have so similar voices?

Draco had to struggle hard to keep his emotionless mask in place. He was born to do this and the sensations were running around in his body making him feel, god damn him, happy. The voice coming from the little Weasley on the other side of Chanté also helped this sickening warm feeling to spread in his stomach. He smirked as she hit a particularly hard tone. Perfect, he thought even if he would never admit it to anyone else.

“Very good, everyone! Now I want you to take a tone and hold it. Start!”

Everywhere around the room different tones were heard, terribly clashing, but somehow it was still nice to hear. Even if Draco didn’t understand it, it was the happiness the singing brought that you could hear. He and Ginny, whose voices were trained, could hold their tones much longer and soon the two’s voices were the only ones. Ginny shivered with delight over how her voice melted into the other one still echoing in the room. Again her eyes found Malfoy, this time he met her brown gaze with his gray. Suddenly it seemed like they were the only ones in the hall and confidently Ginny started to vary her tones and without thinking of it she sung one of her and Angel’s duets. To her surprise Malfoy followed her easily and with her eyes still locked on the boy they finished with a lingering tone, their voices entwining in the final note.

The applause startled them out of their trance and Ginny looked away, blushing. Had she just felt like flying when she sang with Malfoy? Disoriented she looked up and faced the Great Hall where everyone was standing up clapping their hands enthusiastically. Beside her Malfoy bowed elegantly. He’s born to be on stage she realized, and decided to not be inferior and made a deep courtesy.

“Very good.” Chanté said, smiling. Maybe this favor for Dumbledore wouldn’t be so bad after all...

“That was beautiful!” Hermione said as Ginny and Malfoy thanked for the applauses.

“Humph!” Was all Ron answered. “I don’t like the way Ginny looks at Malfoy...like she couldn’t believe what she sees.” He said with an irritated glare at the blonde boy.

“She probably can’t. I mean who would’ve thought that Malfoy could sing?” Hermione said, still a bit starry-eyed from their encounter at lunch break. Ron had problems understanding that finally this girl was his.

“I still don’t like the look in her eyes...But she was fabulous! I wonder why she hasn’t told anyone at home...”

“She probably wanted to surprise you with something like this.”

“Yeah. Probably.” Ron said and his hand sought hers. She eagerly entwined their fingers and Ron couldn’t believe his luck.

“Well that’s everything for today! See you again tomorrow and don’t forget to get a copy of the script by the door!” Ginny took a script from the pile and went out through the double doors. She noticed that it was only five minutes left until dinner and decided to stay in the Entrance Hall. A lot of people came over, telling her how wonderfully she sang and what a beautiful voice she had. She thanked them but there was only one person in this castle whose approval she needed and that was Angel’s. She wondered what he would say, she had sung one of their duets with Malfoy... Ginny looked around to spot him and saw that no one told him that he had been good. Because he’s a Slytherin, she thought and without thinking more about it she went over to him.

“I think you sang well, Malfoy,” xhe said frankly and he fastened his eyes on her. She noted that he had nice eyes if they just hadn’t been so cold.

Ginny didn’t know what sort of an answer she expected, but she was a bit surprised when he said, “I know.” Then the doors to the Great Hall were opened and he swept past her.

The nerve of that girl! In spite of Potter and Weasley’s anger she had gone over and complimented him for his performance. Sure he’d known that she was brave, but against his will he was impressed that still after she’d told him, nothing had changed in her voice. She had been distant and cold but still she had told him her honest opinion. Maybe she did deserve what he had given her after all...

Harry watched Ginny closely as she sat, chatting happily with her friends. He had never known that she could sing like that. Her singing had touched something deep inside him, something he had thought been dead for years. He wondered if she made everyone so warm inside when they saw her, or was it only him? Had she always been so pretty and so alive? What an utter failure he was. She could have been his and now she was...nobody’s. But maybe he still had a chance...

Ginny went up to her dorm after dinner and found a piece of parchment on her pillow. She knew that handwriting and her heart jumped a beat. He wanted to meet her! Hurriedly she swept out from the room steering towards her music room.

I hope you enjoyed your reading! Please review!
Angel? by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Five
Angel?

Ginny entered the music room looking around as if her Angel would stand there in front of her and let the soft voice he used occasionally, surround her.

“Are you here?” Instead of the usual welcoming tune his voice answered her.

“Yes.” There was long pause before he said. “You were good today. I’m proud of your talent.” Ginny felt like jumping and dancing. Angel hardly ever complimented her singing but that only made the praise sweeter.

“Angel...Angel can I see you?” There was a long silence.

“Don’t you trust me anymore?” His voice was soft but there was hint of steel in it.

“I do! I really do, but I have to know!” This time the silence lasted even longer. She thought he had left when he said, “Look at your face in the mirror.”

Confused, Ginny turned around and faced the mirror. She met her reflection’s huge wondering eyes and suddenly a soft click was heard and the mirror glass opened as door from the frame and Ginny cautiously neared it.

A pale white hand reached out and she promptly took it. It was her Angel she had known him for years, he had given her dreams a chance to become true. She stepped into the mirror and found herself in a dark passage. To her surprise she saw that from this side the mirror glass was half transparent. He had been able to see her and she hadn’t seen him. Not a very nice thought.

The door closed and she felt a body close to hers, she felt the warmth radiating from him. Her hand was held in his hands and it sent warm shivers through her body. She looked up but saw nothing but darkness. She felt a tug at her hand and followed the person in front of her. Not more than three steps forward there was a new door and when it slid open Ginny had to blink a few times.

She had stepped into what once must have been a ballroom. The walls were deep yellow and seemed to glow in the light from hundreds of candles placed all around in beautiful candlesticks. The floor was of polished wood and gleamed as if it invited people to dance on its crystalline surface. In the middle stood a huge black piano and everywhere there were music instruments. High French windows lined one of the walls and Ginny saw that a balcony ran outside and just as in her room piles of sheet music lay in the deep windowsills.

Suddenly she remembered that she wasn’t alone and turned rapidly towards her Angel. And wished she hadn’t. Before stood the most handsome boy in school. The most musically talented. The most horrible. In front her stood Draco Malfoy, his stony expression distant and cold.

“You...” she said weakly. He just raised an eyebrow. Ginny felt like crying. No more wonderful song lessons, no more listening to him play the piano and savour the sweet knowledge that he played for her. She did the only thing she could think of and ran.

Ginny didn’t know for how long she had been running with tears falling down her cheeks when she ran into someone. Harry stumbled backwards but kept his balance.

“What are you doing! Can’t you look where...Ginny?” She looked up and he saw her red eyes. “What is it?” Ginny stumbled over the words telling him disconnected sentences.

“He was my best friend Harry! I didn’t understand it but he was and now I can’t see him anymore and I don’t know why I had to see him in the first place! Why couldn’t I be content with what we had?” She sobbed violently and a tender feeling Harry had never experienced rose in his chest as he awkwardly patted her back. Without really understanding what he did he lifted her chin and placed a kiss on her lips.

She stood stricken before she realized that Harry Potter was kissing her. Slowly she placed her arms around his neck, she had dreamt about this since she was ten years old.

Draco sat down at the stool by the piano, sneering at no one. It irritated him that Ginny had left. He thought that she had liked her ‘Angel’. But he was no Angel he was just Draco Malfoy. Not that that was slight, after all; he was rich, handsome and talented. It pained him that Ginny would never sing for him again. She never sang for you! She sang for Angel’ cried an unwelcome voice in his head.

He sighed and rose, walking out on the balcony. He leaned against the railing and let the crisp breeze caress his face. He closed his eyes and sang softly “Hard as lightning, soft as candlelight, dare you trust the Music of the Night? Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth and the truth isn't what you want to see. In the dark it is easy to pretend...” He stood out on the balcony for a very long time that night, fighting emotions he didn’t want to acknowledge.
Scents by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Six
Scents

Ginny made her way to the rehearsal with her eyes on the paper in her hand. It was the lines she was supposed to know until today but since she had spent the whole evening yesterday together with Harry she didn’t know them. Chanté would certainly not be pleased.

They were getting closer to the premiere with every second and it was starting to make Ginny nervous. If only Angel was here to help me a bit with my work...No! Angel didn’t exist, he was a beautiful dream and he would never return.

She went through the double doors and towards the space that had been used as stage. Absently she noted that Malfoy was standing with Chanté talking about something in quiet voices. The usual coldness was radiating from Malfoy as always and Chanté looked serious. The white mask that belonged to the Phantom was resting on a stool not far away. A pleasant shudder ran through her, something about the Phantom attracted her. He was a horrible person and a murderer but just like Christine, she felt something for the mysterious genius. And he reminded terribly much of her Angel...

“Ginny! Haven’t you learned your lines?” Chanté hurried over looking reproachful.

“Not really...” The French woman snorted.

“Well, maybe Draco can help you if you forget.” With that she clapped her hands and the Hall fell silent. “Today we’ll practice the scene when the Phantom has brought Christine through the mirror and down to his chambers. No scripts and all actors who are not Christine or the Phantom are dismissed.” No one left, this play had caught everyone’s full attention. Malfoy put on the mask and as always Ginny felt a little thrill when she saw him. This was not the spoiled Draco Malfoy, this was a man, a dangerous and a very, very attractive man.

She moved to the spot where Christine would stand and felt when she did, she took a step into her character.

Harry watched how his girlfriend started to act against his archenemy and smiled at how good she was. It felt good to know that when the rehearsal was over she would come walking towards him and they would wait together for the dinner to begin. It was nice to have a girlfriend Harry had discovered, it didn’t have to be awkward as it had been with Cho, together with Ginny he could really relax.

Malfoy was singing now and even Harry and Ron had to admit that he was extremely good at it. One day he had been arguing with the pianist over some chord and insisted that it sounded wrong. The bald pianist had asked him to do it better himself and Malfoy had sat down and fluently played the whole piece. The man had sullenly agreed that it sounded better that way and Chanté had gotten a new light in her eyes. She actually admired the blonde Slytherin.

Since that day the pianist and Malfoy had been constantly bickering about chords and notes and no one but Chanté and Ginny actually understood what the hell they were talking about. His train of thoughts were interrupted by Chanté’s pleasant voice.

“Wait! Here comes the part where the Phantom lifts Christine and carries her to his bed.” A lot of giggles were heard and the witch sighed at the childish behaviour. “You know just as well as I do that Christine only sleeps in his bed and nothing else while he is sitting by the piano, Merlin! Anyway we must have someone who can cast a lightening charm on Ginny. So far there’s no problems but now you get some nasty side effects when you try to make a person less heavy. So what are we goung to do?” No one answered but Malfoy spoke up.

“I can carry Weasley without lightening charm.” Everyone turned and he smirked impatiently. In one move he took a step forward and scooped Ginny up. She was totally unprepared and threw her arms around his neck. Feeling dizzy she looked into his gray eyes, surprised over how strong he actually was. He couldn’t weigh much more than she with his slim seeker’s build. He smelt good too...Not like Harry who smelt soap and boy. Draco Malfoy smelt distictly man. Oh...Naughty Ginny, naughty! She thought to herself and let go of his neck as he let her down.

The rest of the rehearsal went by and Ginny hated herself for enjoying being scooped up. Hated to feel like a princess as he carried her to a beautiful bed.

Draco went into the music ballroom and was just about to play the melody his fingers ached to play, Ginny’s welcome tune.

He huffed and angrily walked over to the balcony door and kicked it open. Why had he lifted her up by the way? She could have the nasty side effects for all he cared. It hadn’t been beacuse he wanted to impress her or make her come back to her Angel. He managed just fine without her and she seemed to manage perfectly on her own. She had Potter now. Of course, that was what he had tried to do! He had wanted to get to Potter through Weasley. That was it. Absolutely.

Furious that at least one million little voices were arguing against him inside his head he sat down by the piano and slammed a hard C. When he went to bed that night he had managed to play away all the little annoying voices, except for one. It was rattling ´you’re lying, you’re lying over and over again.
Scene Attires by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Seven
Scene Attires

Chanté clapped her hands and called ”Wait a moment!” Everyone stopped collecting their things and listened. “This Hogsmeade weekend I will need you all at Sawyer’s Masquerade Outfits at eleven am. We’ll try scene attires!” A loud cheer started and everybody went out, talking excitedly about the upcoming trip.

Harry hurried after Ginny and muttered rapidly something barely audible.

“What did you say?” his girlfriend said.

He took a deep breath. “Would you like to go with me to Three Broomsticks after the scene clothes thing? Like a date?” Now his pale cheeks were a deep shade of red.

“Oh, of course Harry!” Ginny said, glad that he had actually asked even if they were together.

‘This week passed extremely slowly’, Ginny thought, and when Saturday finally arrived, she was up first preparing to go to Hogsmeade.

The shop was large with many dressing rooms and hundreds of outfits lining the walls. All the students went totally crazy among the funny fineries. It took Chanté almost a whole hour to calm everyone down and create some sort of order, after she had gotten Neville out of a gorilla suit that someone had cast a sticking charm on.

Ginny found herself in a side room together with a tailor and Chanté, who had discovered that the woman was from France. They were now discussing heatedly in French, gesturing towards one part or another of Ginny’s body.

Chanté nodded at something and called with her accent suddenly very audible, “Draco!” The blond walked in and the tailor woman looked at him, mumbling to Chanté. The Slytherin smirked and said a long sentence in fluent French.

The women looked taken aback before continuing their discussion in French.

“What are they saying?” Ginny asked, impressed against her will that Malfoy spoke another language fluently.

“They are arguing about colours. Now they have decided after seeing me that white and black clothes will do best on us. With those as a base, they are now onto the smaller scenes.” He continued to translate the conversation and she was surprised that he obliged her wish so thoroughly.

Twenty minutes later the tailor and the singer had come to an understanding. The tailor drew her wand and directed threads, needles and fabrics to sweep around Ginny and Draco. In no time at all she could see herself in a whole figure mirror in a breathtaking white dress. Breathtaking in two meanings; it was breathtakingly beautiful and it hugged her waist so she could barely breath. It left her shoulders bare and the skirt was wide and flared out around her like a cloud. Tiny silver sparkles twinkled like stars all over it and she had never felt so pretty in her whole life.

A door opened and Draco stepped out behind her. She saw his reflection and lost even more of the little air she actually had. He looked devilishly handsome. His outfit on anyone else would have made her laugh; on Harry, Ron or Charlie the tight black trousers and the old fashioned white shirt would look ridiculous. But not on him, it could make any woman drool.

‘Damn Malfoys’ she thought irritably, 'did they have to look good in anything? One day I’ll make him wear pink bunny attire and then I’ll see how handsome it’s possible to look when you’re wearing long ears!'

It would never happen but the thought was comforting when you faced someone who looked like a god or something.

Their eyes met in the mirror. “You don’t look bad yourself, Weasley,” he said and smirked.

She blushed and turned her gaze away from Malfoy’s gray, intent stare. For a moment she had seen Angel and not Malfoy. ‘And what’s the difference?’ a voice in her head asked. Well, I like Angel and I don’t like Malfoy. Angel is nice and Malfoy isn’t. I could list things forever. ‘But they’re still the same person’...the voice said. No they are not! The voice fell silent and she awkwardly stared at the wall.

Harry walked into the room with the tailor at his heels. When he spotted his girlfriend, he stopped dead in his tracks, “Ginny, you look beautiful,” he said in awe.

Ginny blushed again and Draco rolled his eyes even if it was against the Malfoy dress codes. He went over to the tailor, saying something in French, sending her into fits of giggles. She put her fist into her mouth to choke the laughter.

The couple did their best to ignore them. Well, as much as they could with a hysterically laughing tailor, a smirking Malfoy and Chanté who tried to disguise her giggles as coughs behind them.

Ginny never got to know what was so funny, but when she and Harry had their date, the embarrassing moment was forgotten.
Three Broomsticks by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Eight
Three Broomsticks

Ginny didn’t know how many outfits she had been through now. The room with the mirrors was starting to get uncomfortably hot and everyone was irritable. Chanté and the tailor were snapping at each other. Ginny was warm, tired and her feet ached after all the standing and walking in different attires.

Harry and Draco had just a few costumes, while she had several more. They were now sitting together, both in black suits too tired to argue but clearly annoyed with the other’s presence.

Unnoticed, she could take a good look at them both, it was fascinating how very different they were. One was fair and with sharp features. One just as dark as the other was light with softer lines. One looked like he wore suits everyday and the other, looked as if the garment would be the death of him. Draco liked to boast about his fortune; Harry wanted to give his away.

The similarities then...their eyes Ginny noticed, their eyes were different in shape and colour but they held the same shielded and braced expression. I wonder what would have happened if Harry had accepted Malfoy’s friendship? That, the world would never see...

Ginny sighed with relief as Chanté exclaimed that they finally were finished. She had went through all the clothes she would wear during the play and then tried them again as the tailor adjusted them before testing again that she could move freely and be able to sing (to her lungs’ relief the beautiful white dress was loosened a bit). At last, now she was free to go!

Almost bouncing, she and Harry made their way out into the autumn sun. The sky was blue and dark red, orange and yellow leaves contrasted beautifully against it. Third years who still hadn’t yet gotten used to the village were excitedly running around, trying to make the time last as long as it took for them to shop in all the stores. Fourth years were smiling knowingly to each other as they saw the third years roaming the streets. They pretended they had not acted so childishly last year. Fifth, sixth and seventh years were mostly people from the play or couples on dates.

Harry and Ginny were lazily making their way down the street, enjoying the chilly wind and each other’s company. They reached the Three Broomsticks and went in. Harry walked over to the counter ordering two butterbeers as Ginny found a table.

She sat down and took off her scarf. She had made it herself in the Gryffindor colours; her mother had been on the verge of tears.

A cold wind swept past her and she looked up to see who entered. The pleasant form of Draco Malfoy walked in, for once his dense cronies were not hovering behind him. He looked alone, not vulnerable but alone. He didn’t have any friends she realized. No one to share secrets with, no one to laugh or cry with, he had only himself. After she had left him...Well, he didn’t do anything to prevent it! The unwelcome voice in her head spoke up: ‘but he taught you to sing’...He stopped when he got to know I was Weasley! ‘No. He taught you, despite the fact that he was a Malfoy and you were a Weasley. When you found out he was a Malfoy you stopped coming’...

Ginny felt like slamming her head on the table from pure humiliation. Draco sodding Malfoy had accepted her as a Weasley and put it behind him and she couldn’t do the same. Numbness spread from her fingertips through her arms. He had known that she was the sister of his archenemy and still helped her, comforted her, and made her laugh. He had been her best friend...

Harry came with the two bottles and said worriedly:

”Are you okay Ginny? You look sick...” She couldn’t tell Harry that she was the most horrible person on earth that she had left someone totally alone for reasons she now couldn’t recall.

“Oh, I’m just tired after all the trying of clothes.” He nodded.

“Yeah, it was rather horrid...” Harry chatted on while Ginny had one thought in her head. What am I going to do?

Draco went in to the pub, fully aware that Gin...Weasley would be there. Together with Potter. They had looked so sickeningly sweet in the shop that he’d had to remark on it. That had not felt as good as it usually did. Probably because they didn’t understood it. Then they could not be angry. Perhaps he should go and tell them what he had said: “Seems like she’s gotten herself a puppy”. It wasn’t extremely cutting but due to the adoring look on Potter’s face he had made the two French women see the resemblance.

Irritated he glanced at the table Ginny was sitting at, her Gryffindor scarf in front of her. How very demonstrative. She was obviously showing where her loyalties lay. They have never lied anywhere else, Malfoy! She came to you to meet Angel not Draco Malfoy. He threw himself down on a chair, annoyed that he actually wanted her to come back. Her training was not finished.

The voices were back in his head and he glared at some Hufflepuff third years to occupy himself. The Hufflepuffs immediately moved further away from him and he turned his attention towards Ginny again.

She looked sick. Potter was holding her hand to lead her out. She followed Potter just as she had followed him in the dark passage inside the mirror. How trustingly she had followed him then. He could still feel her hand safely tucked into his, leaning on him to lead her. That was before she had seen who he was really. Before she had discovered that her Angel was the cruel bully who had tormented she and her friends for years. ‘Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth’. He thought before watching the redhead disappear through the door.
Forgive Me by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Nine

Forgive me

Ginny was breathing hard from the singing she just had done but she didn’t mind. The singing kept her mind off Malfoy, but not Angel. Yesterday she had realized that as Angel, Malfoy had been the best friend she could get.

She had just thought about him only as her teacher for a long time, not understanding how attached she was to him. He was always there to meet her, he comforted her with his deep voice when she needed it and he made her laugh.

There was no one in this castle that knew her as well as Angel. Or, well, Malfoy.

She had spent whole night tossing and turning. Then, close to dawn, she crept up into one of the deep windowsills and watched the stars. Briefly she wondered if someone else was looking up at the sky right now, searching for some sort of answer in the bright constellations. Someone else who had lost their best friend.

There was.

Damn Weasley, he thought. He couldn’t go back to sleep after he had woken an hour ago. Now memories of her through the years were swirling in his head. The first time he had seen her in the music room...He had liked to stand inside the mirror simply because no one knew where he was. He could look how he wanted, think as he pleased and move without anyone watching.

Then one day the littlest Weasley had walked into the room mumbling to herself about the Trio and he had watched as she looked up and realized that she had never been in there earlier. She had gone over to the windows and with sad eyes looked at something on the grounds. Almost not audible at first, she started to sing.

He had been spellbound, she sang so very good and he just couldn’t help shiver when he thought of how good she could be, with some training. But she was a Weasley and Weasleys didn’t have money to afford singing lessons. It was a pity that such a voice would never reach the perfection it could.

He couldn’t resist the urge to sing with her and she stopped when she heard him. But he carried on and soon they were singing their first duet. It was a very famous song by the group “Kicking Kneazels”. It was called “No matter what I do” and was constantly played at WWR.

Draco still remembered the lyrics and sang some lines to himself: ‘No matter what I do, I will always be the same to you. No matter what I do I will always be left behind, in the same place, silent and resigned’.

He remembered when he had first understood that he actually enjoyed a Weasley’s company. He had stayed away from the room to prove that he didn’t need her. It had only resulted in proving that he actually did. He gritted his teeth, it was a bitter blow for someone such as him, a Slytherin and a Malfoy, that he liked the little muggle-lover and it still disturbed him.

He had of course never let her know how much he cared. And now she wouldn’t come anymore. She would never share her thoughts, dreams, fantasies and anecdotes with him. Never ever again tell him how her day had been or what an idiot her brother was. Nevermore to tell him who had been mean to her so he could go and bully the person. Never again she would sing for him...

Ginny collected herself and prepared for the “Mirror Scene”. It was just after when Raoul had left Christine and an angry phantom appeared, ironically enough, inside a mirror. She, Malfoy and Chanté were early to the rehearsal to give this scene even more time. It was Ginny’s favorite piece, even if she wouldn’t admit to anyone why. She couldn’t say that it was because Draco Malfoy’s voice came to justice in this part and it made her shiver with pleasure.

It was during that particular scene when she realized exactly what she was going to do. When the line “Look at your face in the mirror I am there inside.” came, she felt the joy of singing again.

She just had to fix some details first and then she would take her best friend back.

Despite her burning determination earlier, she was scared now. She had sent Draco a note and could only hope he was there now. She took a deep breath and prepared to sing the most important performance ever. She stepped into her well-known music room and let the lyrics be her apology and her voice, beg for forgiveness.

“Recall those days, look back on all those times, think of the things we'll never do. There will never be a day, when I won't think of you. Wishing I could hear your voice again knowing that I never would. Dreaming of you won't help me to do all that you dreamed I could...” Her voice was growing steadier and she was filled with the happiness only singing brought her. “Think of all the things we've said and seen. Think of me, think of me waking, silent and resigned. Imagine me, trying to hard to put you from my mind.” She had borrowed from songs in the play and set them together to explain her feelings. “Sing once again with me, our strange duet. Stay by my side, guide me. Angel my soul was weak, forgive me. Angel of music, hide no longer, come to me strange angel...” She finished, and waited, her eyes fixed on the mirror.

Draco went into the Ballroom and looked around expectantly. He had received a note from Weasley telling him to be here.

She hadn’t signed it but who else knew about these connected secret rooms? He waited for a long time and was just about to leave when he heard her wonderful voice. After four years the powerful beauty of her voice still took him by surprise.

He stood spellbound once again. She was coming back to him. Would he let her in? Of course not! She had insulted him by running away.

The sweet words swept around him and drained whatever objections he had had out of his head. The song stopped and Draco felt cold, he could have stood there listening forever.

Slightly nervous he opened the mirror.
Painting by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Ten
Painting

Time seemed to stand still as the mirror glass creaked a bit and swung open. Ginny’s breath got caught in her throat as she saw Draco in the opening.

It looked like a painting. He was wearing black trousers, a white shirt and a black cloak. His hair was slightly tousled, like he had run his hand through it, his handsome face illegible and grey eyes serious. The gilded frame and dark background made him seem even more like a portrait of a king or prince from a long, ago time.

That was the way she would always picture him, when she looked back on this day.

Her questioning eyes met his and he held out his hand. For a moment the world was forgotten. They were only two friends who met again and not mortal enemies since birth.

Relieved, Ginny put her hand into his without hesitation. Draco saw her through the mirror and for an unguarded moment a thought flew through his head. ‘Beautiful.’

Composing himself he pushed the glass open. He heard her sharp intake of breath and thought that she had changed her mind when she once again faced the person she called her Angel.

But her brown eyes just watched him in silent question and he offered her his hand. And once again her warm little one was placed in his.

Ginny felt a jolt she had never experienced before run through her as their hands connected. She looked down at the hand that could bring magic out of an instrument and with a shiver she realised that he could play on her too. Who had made her voice what it was if not he?

She entwined their fingers so their palms were now pressed together and let her eyes meet his again. She remembered that in the Entrance Hall she had briefly reflected over his nice eyes and now she saw that she had been right. Pools of silver with dark blue spots…

He tugged at her hand and she stepped into the mirror, not aware of that this tiny step would change her destiny. Draco led her to the ballroom and he was the first one to talk.

“You need to practice ‘Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again’.”

“Will you help me, Draco?” she asked with a smile. His answer was to walk over to the piano and sit down. As he began to play Ginny felt the familiar shudder shoot from her neck down her spine. They were made for performing together.

Later, out on the balcony millions of stars twinkled at them illuminating their features dimly. Draco asked her why she had come back.

“I realised that I needed you. I understood that you were more to me than a tutor. I realised that you were my best friend.”

Draco just stared at her, not able to come up with a cutting answer.

“Goodnight…” After a moment's hesitation she added, “my Angel.”

Later, sitting with his back leaning against the stonewall his head buried in his hands, Ginny’s words still ringing in his head “…my best friend.” And damn him if the feeling was not mutual. He groaned. How the bloody hell had he become friends with a Weasley? And what would he do about it?

Lifting his head so fast that it hit the wall with a thud, he looked up at the sky.

Two years ago his father had been put in Azkaban and by that time Draco had been crueller than ever to everyone. Slowly he had understood that there was no one left to impress with his victories over Potter. No one to write about the first years he had tormented. There was no one left to rule his life, criticise how he thought, what he did, how he looked and how he talked. He had over a night become his own master. The day he had this revelation he swore he would never, ever, have someone to call master.

But now he actually missed having someone who could tell him what to do, a person who knew something about friendships who could advise him at this moment.

Ginny sneaked back to the Gryffindor Tower furious at herself. What on earth had possessed her to tell him that? He may be Angel but he was also Draco Malfoy. Tomorrow he would be incredibly smug. But still it had felt good to say it…maybe it was her conscience, which had been aching since that day in Hogsmeade when he had looked so alone…

The next morning on her way to breakfast a voice called after her, “Weasel!” With heavy heart she turned to face him.

“Yes, Malferret?” He motioned for her to follow him and, earning weird glances, she did. He brought her into a deserted classroom.

Five minutes later she emerged smiling widely.
Friends by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Eleven
Friends

A/N: Just wanted to thank everyone who reviews, luff you all!
Now I'll let you read, do enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the HP universe or Phantom of the Opera. This is simply a crossover.

During the night Draco had made a decision. A stupid, very un-Slytherin decision. He would tell Ginny that she was his best…no that was to say too much, that she was his friend. Because he had gotten some weird and totally new (to him) feeling that it was unfair that he knew that she actually liked him and she didn’t know that it was mutual.

Damn, Weasley! I’m growing soft on her! The curse had lost most of its animosity and, even if he hated to admit it, he was irritable because he was afraid. Never had he surrendered to another person so totally as he was about to do.

Suddenly he spotted her dark red hair in the crowd of students on their way to breakfast. Without giving it more thought he called, “Weasel!”

She turned and faced him, seemed to gather strength and said rather meekly, “Yes, Malferret?”

He glanced around and noticed that some curious onlookers were already eyeing them, probably hoping for a duel. So he just motioned for her to follow, with her face blank she did so.

He closed the door after her and had to put his hands on the back of a chair so he wouldn’t fidget. Merlin, where was the world heading? Malfoys never fidget; they never felt the urge to do so. He took a deep breath and began.

“Weasley…About what you said yesterday…” Ginny seemed to withdrawal, as if preparing for a blow. “I…I just wanted you to know that I think I see you as a friend too.” He finished in a hurry and mentally scolded himself. He sounded nervous. Ginny looked up from the floor with a sunny smile on her lips, a bright light in her eyes. He felt that he could tell her that she was his friend again, again and again if she only smiled at him like that one more time.

Eww, Malfoy that sounded brain-dead and incredibly ridiculous!

“Why did you tell me?” She asked her eyes wide.

“Do I have to embarrass myself even more? Is it not enough for you that I did?” He snapped.

“Draco you don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me, I’m your friend!” She said gently.

“Well, I don’t know a bloody thing about being friends so how could I know? This must be the official 'Humiliate Malfoy Day'!”

“I’ll teach you. Now I have to run or I’ll be late and Snape will kill me. See you tonight!” With that she was gone and suddenly the room felt darker. And since when did I start to feel things I wonder? Draco thought to himself. The answer came immediately, ‘since you got to know Ginevra Weasley.’ That name appeared far too often in his mind for his liking.

That night they were rehearsing the masquerade scene and everyone was excited about Chanté’s announcement earlier that night. The next rehearsal the orchestra would come! Until now they had only had the piano.

Ginny was dancing with Harry. Or rather stumbling around aimlessly, Harry was a disaster on the dance floor. When they had tried four times to do what they were supposed to with no success Draco interrupted.

“This doesn’t work! Potter dances like a rake.” Chanté scolded him for expressing himself so pungently before telling him to “teach the boy then”. Chanté who usually was very patient with the spoiled Malfoy heir, gave him one of her infamous dressing-downs.

With a shrug he went over to where Harry and Ginny stood.

“Dancing, Potter, is like flying. You need grace, balance and the right amount of speed.” Here Harry could have snidely said something along the lines of “Malfoy who couldn’t fly shouldn’t talk and so on.” But the two boys had matured far too much in these latest years.

“The steps are not important, you don’t need to think about it. It is the woman’s job to follow you. ” Here Draco nodded to Geoffrey (the pianist) and put one hand on Ginny’s waist and one in her hand as he swept her away.

There was no doubt that he had danced before, as he easily spun around in a waltz as he kept his eyes trained on Harry.

“You only have to feel the rhythm and follow it.”

Ginny was in some sort of heaven, a man who could dance! And well. No, extremely well. His hands were dry and warm, his steps without hesitation and his grip on her was firm and safe.

She suddenly noticed how very close they were to each other. She felt his strong shoulder beneath the fabric of his shirt, his chest pressed against hers. She almost forgot to breathe. As she looked up she met his eyes and the world disappeared. This seemed to happen any time she looked into the silver orbs. His steps were growing harder to follow and she enjoyed the challenge, neither of them noticing the “ooohs” and “aaahs” from the onlookers, only seeing each other.

To their disappointment the music ended and Draco turned once again towards Harry, his hand lingering a moment longer than necessary on her waist.

“Do you get it?” Harry nodded and watched Ginny, who stood staring dreamily off into space.

The next try went much better. Harry may not be a terrific dancer but who could become one over a night?
Realizations by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Twelve
Realizations


A/N: Hello! Now we've reached chapter twelve of my little story which I am very glad that you enjoyed :D I just checked the reads and saw that more than 100 people have read every chapter! I'm overwhelmed, guys! Now all of you can keep going and read this installation. Thanks a million to everyone who reviewed!

Weeks flew by in a happy dream for Ginny. Rehearsing was fun. She and Draco met almost every day in the ballroom. There was nothing that made Ginny happier than their meetings. The only problem was Harry. She had understood when she danced with Draco that Harry was not what she wanted. She didn’t know what she wanted but it was not her sweet boyfriend. But how could she tell the already depressed boy? She shrugged the problem off for the moment and concentrated on her role.

She and Draco had fallen into a nice routine; they pretended to everyone that they were still mortal enemies. As often as possible they “argued”. Which meant a loud nasty comment followed by a whisper like, “See you tonight” or in Draco’s case “you hit your tone wrong” or whatever they had on their minds.

They had practiced being friends, literally. Ginny had found that she more than liked his company. She enjoyed it.
For the moment she was sitting half watching the people on stage. They rehearsed the opening scene as she was memorising lines. She already knew them since she and Draco had exercised them last week but Chanté had told her to do so…

‘How very many times a day I think about Draco’ she thought, in the middle of a sentence in the script. She looked up at the subject of her reflections. He was in a chair to her sitting a bit in front of her, which allowed her to study his profile. His sharp lines were illuminated by the sunlight, his hair looking like a shining halo…

My Angel...

Suddenly realising that she was thinking of Draco Malfoy as beautiful she snapped out of her daydreaming. As if he felt her movement he looked up.

Draco felt that someone was watching him and looked up, expecting to see a scared first year eyeing him carefully or a girl who was drooling over him in some corner. It wasn’t. His eyes looked straight into Ginny’s. Her expression was dreamy and there was a light in her eyes he had never seen and a streak of pain deep in the brown orbs. Taken by surprise by the tender look on her face, he just stared at her. His heart started to beat faster and he felt a sudden urge to reach out for her and have her tell him what was wrong.

Damn it, couldn’t she leave him alone for one moment, he thought uncontrollably. It wasn’t that she looked at him often or talked to him but she was always on his mind. Her laugh, the way she moved, what she had said, it was in his thoughts every single moment.

Ginny was the first to break the eye contact and with furiously burning cheeks she looked down to her script again.

That night Ginny arrived a bit late to the ballroom and found Draco playing the piano. Her favourite song rang throughout the room.

“Hi”, she said when he had finished.

“Are we going to have a friendship lesson today?” he said with a raised eyebrow. She knew that secretly he liked them but he would never admit it.

“Right!” She said spryly and desperately tried to come up with something. “Yeah…eh, let’s say that I have tripped, then you help me up.” As the actress she was she pretended to slip and end up on the floor. She closed her eyes as in pain and waited for the helping hand.

But it never came; instead she was lifted off the floor. In panic she threw her arms around his neck and came a lot closer to him than she actually needed. She felt Draco’s heart beat close to hers with heavy, slow thumps. His hand on her back was sending tiny electrical shocks through her body and she leaned even closer, enjoying the sensation. Her arms tightening around his neck, she pressed herself against him.

Ginny tried not to analyze all the wonderful emotions that raged inside her. He sighed and she suddenly understood what she was doing. She looked up into his eyes as her own widened and she slid out of his grip. Once again she ran from him.

Draco didn’t know what possessed him to lift her up, he just didn’t want to see her on the floor. He realised when he had her so close that it had been a mistake. Sensations he had never experienced hit him hard and very unwelcome thoughts swirled in his brain. She pressed herself closer to him and all he could think to do was kiss her senseless. He sighed lightly at the thought and it seemed to break the illusion. Her eyes widened and she ran. Again.

Ginny had never run so fast in her whole life. She stopped in the Entrance Hall, leaning her hot face against the cool stonewall. She swore under her breath and cursed this day. The day she had realised that she was in love with Draco Malfoy.

He should have seen it coming. He should have chased her away after she had gotten to know who she was. Hell, he should never have gotten to know her in the first place. Then he would not be in this situation now. He wouldn’t be in love with Ginny Weasley.

A/N2: So? Don't hesitate to tell me what you thought!
Rage by Sannikex
Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter 13
Rage

A/N: With so many reviews I decided to put a new chapter up fast so here it is, do enjoy!
Disclaimer: Don't own anything except for Chanté Laux. It all belongs to the potterverse and the Phantom of the Opera.

Harry stared intently at his girlfriend. Something had changed about her. Perhaps not her but there was a shift in the air around her, a new aura gleaming about her. He felt that her thoughts were always directed at someone else. Not that he minded her to think about others than him, it would be selfish to not let her think about anyone she wanted.

It never occurred to Harry that it might be another boy she was thinking of...

They had been talking yesterday and Ginny had been more absent than usual and he had asked her what was wrong. She had turned her attention to him, looking at him so very sadly. He wondered what made her sad, he wanted to help her, tell her that whatever it was she could tell him. In an attempt to tell her he had fastened his green eyes on her and shyly touched her hand.

“Gin...” It had not helped.

“Oh, Harry.” Ginny had breathed before running away up to the girls’ dormitories. He just couldn’t understand.

If Harry had been a bit more experienced he might have known what was coming. Sadly, Harry Potter was not.

Now he was at rehearsal and watched Ginny and Malfoy on stage. He had been proud when he saw his girlfriend act so good towards someone she hated but now something about her had changed and he kept his eyes trained on her. She and the ferret seemed more...comfortable and still more nervous together...

This doesn’t make sense! Harry thought and ran his hand through his hair. What did he expect, they had rehearsed together for weeks now, of course they were not the same way to each other on stage as off now.

Harry was prepared to settle with that but then he happened to look at his girlfriend again. It was the scene when Christine wakes up in the Phantom’s chambers. Malfoy was sitting by a piano (in reality it should be an organ but it hadn’t arrived yet), his back turned to Ginny, playing softly. It was nothing unusual in that, it was the way Ginny looked at the man by the piano. Confused and almost tender?

Harry stiffened in his chair and was now openly staring at the redhead. Could she...Malfoy? Ginny had been gone every night for months...her dreamy look when she had danced with the Slytherin. Things started to fall in place and strange little details began to show a pattern. A burning feeling started in his throat and worked its way through his body. He had trusted her! With his feelings, secrets and thoughts. And all the time she had lied to him. “Oh, I’m just going to the library Harry”, “Harry, I am going to visit Hagrid!”, “No Harry, you don’t have to follow me there.” Not one time had she tried to tell him that she didn’t want him. His body felt numb but inside there was a burning fire raging. He rose and started to walk towards the stage.
Ginny and Draco stopped acting as he climbed up.

“Why, Ginny. Why didn’t you tell me? Did you think it was fun to play with my feelings and then you and Malfoy could laugh together?” Ginny had gone very pale and Draco stood completely still without his usual smirk in place.

“What?” Ginny said softly. Harry kicked the piano and the fine wood cracked. He looked murderous, his green eyes livid. In a dangerously low voice he said, “Did you have to pretend? If you wanted Malfoy then why couldn’t you tell me? You bloody lied to me, dammit!”

Ginny looked around, rather uncomfortable with the situation. She had never seen Harry so angry, not even in his fifth year.

“I tried Harry! But I couldn’t. I just couldn’t do it!”

“You could have done it anytime, you could have used one minute of your valuable time and explained to me that it was over. You just had to do it painful didn’t you. Was it to please your boyfriend maybe?” Harry hissed and sent Draco a look that would have made anyone cower but the Malfoy just raised an eyebrow that clearly said that he wasn’t impressed.

Now Ginny’s own temper started to flare and a flash in her eyes that her brothers had learned to respect appeared.

“I didn’t want to hurt you! I pitied you for it but now I see that I was wasting my time, you pity yourself enough for all of us!”

“I don’t pity myself! And when I look at you now I can’t remember what made me want you in the first place. All I see is a deceiving slut.” He barely had time to finish his sentence before Ginny slapped him with all her might. Then she spun around on her heel and rushed out of the Great Hall. Harry followed the action and stormed out.

Everyone was quiet. Then Ron stuttered “He...He called my sister a...” Hermione looked terrified and Ron looked up to see the sneering Malfoy on stage.

“It’s you! I know in some way you are to blame!” Draco didn’t even glance at him he just started to examine the piano.

*

He hadn’t planned to go to the ballroom. His realization from a week ago had kept him from there, but when he overheard a conversation between the Weasel and Mudblood he decided to go anyway.
“I can’t find Ginny, she’s not in any of the girl’s bathrooms or in her dormitory and she wasn’t at dinner. I can’t find Harry so I can borrow the map...”

Draco turned around and walked down the familiar way to the ballroom. He decided he’d drop by the house elves and order them to get something for Ginny. He didn’t know why he cared but it seemed so natural to just do it. Must have to do with the fact that he was in love with her. He scowled; how the bloody hell had it happened? It was known that Malfoys couldn’t love, they were not able to. He had tried to forget it and ban all thoughts of her but they came back again and again. Her rippling laugh, sweet smile and deep brown eyes were haunting him when he was the most vulnerable, in his dreams.

How could you love someone you hadn’t even kissed? Wait; was he planning to kiss her? Angry with himself for being weak he slammed his fist into the wall, hissing with pain. At least they took the thoughts of her away.

When he entered he saw her immediately, she was sitting in one of the windowsills, her head resting on her knees, the dark red hair flowed in a tangled mess around her.

“I thought you’d never come.” She said, her voice a bit husky from her yelling earlier.

“How did you know I would come?”

“That’s what friends do.” She said simply and for the first time in his life Draco Malfoy actually believed in the emotion his father had claimed was only for weak human beings; love. Awkwardly he said, “I brought some food...you missed dinner.”

Surprised she looked up her heart swelling painfully. He had sweetly brought her food, which made her happy, but the knowledge that they could never be was like a cold hand squeezing her throat.

“Thank you, Draco.” She reached out for him, holding out her hand. Hesitantly he moved closer, he wasn’t sure that he would be able to restrain himself from kissing her if she came close. Merlin knew, he had wanted to slam her up against a wall and snog her senseless all week. But she had run from him. She didn’t want him. He offered her his hand unsure of what she wanted.

“Dance with me.” She said softly and he swallowed but brought her close, inhaling the scent of her. Slowly he danced with her and tried to ignore how it felt to have her hand in his and her head resting on his shoulder.

Ginny sighed contentedly. The candles were sending out soft, golden light and the crystals in the chandelier sparkled. The midnight blue sky outside was almost covered in silver twinkling stars and the smooth wooden dance floor seemed to be made of glass. She felt Draco’s heart beat close to hers and his hand on her waist made her feel safer than she had in her whole life. If I could have this I would never ask for anything more she thought and pressed herself even closer to her Angel. The tender moment that could have become something more was interrupted by Ron’s voice.

“I know she’s somewhere around here Hermione!” Ginny separated from Draco and whispered, “We can’t let them find this room!” Draco nodded and opened the secret passage in the mirror. She hurried past him and turned one last time sending him a look that made all Draco’s doubts die. Their feelings were mutual. Then she spun around and left. A minute later he could hear her walk past the secret entrance to the ballroom, talking with her brother and his girlfriend.

He ran a hand through his hair, what would they do? There was absolutely no possibility for them; they were born to be enemies. He leaned on the wall and swore. He didn’t want to be in love, he didn’t want to be weak and vulnerable. “But you are in love with her”...It was the voice again and for the first time Draco didn’t shut it out.

A/N: *holds hand out for thoughts* So?
Christmas by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Fourteen

Christmas

A/N: Beware of fluffiness and an extreme amount of notes. I'm so happt to hear your thoughts about every chapter, keep it up!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything blonging to the Potterverse or Phantom of the Opera.

Draco received an owl at breakfast and he didn’t recognize it. Cautiously he took off the tiny scroll of parchment from the owl’s leg, you never knew what you got in the post as a Slytherin. Blaise Zabini had gotten a letter full of “Hair Growing” potion and had spent a week in the hospital wing.

Draco snickered at the memory of the handsome wizard covered from head to toe in four feet of hair.
He saw the handwriting and recognized the tiny leaning writing as Ginny’s. He rose from the table and went out of the hall, reading the note and hated the feeling of disappointment that rushed through him.

Won’t come tonight, have to pack. I’m leaving for Christmas. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
Your best friend,
Ginny

He was staying. His mother would visit some friends over the holiday and he didn’t feel like going. Now he wouldn’t see Ginny for two weeks...

Ginny woke up on Christmas Day when Ron ran, or more like scrambled, down the stairs. She moaned and then realized which day it was and made her way to the living room as well. Harry was spending the holiday with them but Ginny ignored him.

Her father was already sitting in his chair ready to begin.

“Everyone here? Then lets see...Here is one for Ron.” The opening of presents took a while, considering the size of the family.

“I think that was all...No wait here is a tiny one...It just says ‘Ginevra’ on it. No sender.” Arthur handed his daughter the package and saw her flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes. He didn’t doubt that she knew who had sent it, and according to her face it was someone special.

“Aren’t you going to open it?” Bill asked, knowing perfectly well she wouldn’t.

“Nah, I think I’ll save it for later. So the fun lasts longer.” She picked up all her gifts and hurriedly returned to her room. As soon as she had closed her door she started to open the tiny package in glittering paper. The pretty paper fell off and revealed a silver box. It was small enough to fit on her palm and was a delicate piece of art. She opened the lid and suddenly music started to play. It was “Music of the Night”, her favourite song in the play.

Something was engraved on the lid “Please promise me, that sometimes, you will think of me”- DM. It was so simply beautiful and romantic that she almost cried. There was a note inside and it read, Sing the song. Startled, Ginny sang softly with the music box.

“Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination...” She began and saw a little drawer open inside the tiny box and something fell out of the secret compartment. She stopped singing and picked up the object. It was a necklace also in silver with a pendant, shaped as a dragon with diamond eyes. Ginny’s eyes grew wide, they were quite obviously real diamonds. Another note was attached to the jewellery. The note read: ‘So I can always be with you- he the unseen genius. Merry Christmas Ginevra Weasley!’

I didn’t know Malfoys could be that romantic, she mused and clasped the necklace around her neck, feeling as though she could hug the whole world. She felt invincible today. She danced around her bed and when she reached the mirror, suddenly stopped dead. Draco had bought her the most beautiful and most considerate present ever, and what had she given him...

Draco awoke slowly and blinked. It was Christmas Day today...I wonder if Ginny liked her gift? He had had a lot of trouble deciding if he was going to send it or not. At the moment, it felt like an incredibly stupid and soppy present.

Growling with frustration he started to make his way through the large pile of presents.

He saved Ginny’s gift to open last. It was about the size of a pocketbook and was wrapped in brown paper. He tugged it open and found a framed picture of Ginny. She was in the ballroom smiling at him. A letter followed and he read, ‘I didn’t know what to give you, you who already have everything you could possibly ask for. But then I remembered that you said before that you did not have any friends. So I thought that I could give you one. She can listen when I’m not with you as now. Er...that sounds very silly now when I see it on paper but I don’t have time to buy you anything now. I hope you’ll forgive me, I’ll find out something better next Christmas.
Love,
Ginny’

He was positive that it was the most considerate gift he had ever received. He looked down on the smiling girl and couldn’t help smiling back. He put the frame on his bedside table since none of his roommates were there. A muggle song Ginny had sung for him years ago suddenly appeared in his head.

“All I want for Christmas is you...” He sang before entering into the bathroom, ignoring the mirror that was making vomiting sounds.

A/N2: Am I the only one who finds it hilariuos that Draco Malfoy sings that song? I laugh every time I see this chapter...

“Please promise me that sometimes you will think of me” – “Think of Me”, Phantom of the Opera

I sort of re-arranged the line “Somehow I know he's always with me, he - the unseen genius” to fit in. From “Angel of Music”, Phantom of the Opera

“All I want for Christmas is you” Do I need to tell that one? Hope you enjoyed.
Revenge by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Fifteen

Revenge

A/N: Hello! If you have chacked Mynuet's news section you know about the auction taking place at propheting Draco and Ginny shippers very own newspaper. I just wanted to inform you that I have also offered my services. To remind you, you can bid on an author and she/he will write YOU a story the way YOU want it. So go to http://www.livejournal.com/community/propheting/
nd bid on the authors who are far more talented than I. All the money goes to charity for the needing in New Orleans.

Ginny frowned as the Trio left her to seek a compartment. Ron had been angry with Harry for calling her a slut but as he confronted his best friend about it, he heard Harry’s version. His version, was that Ginny, had been with him only to play with his feelings, and of course to please Malfoy the Slimy Slytherin. Ron had since decided that his sister’s crime was unforgivable and left her on her own. Ginny had neither admitted to, nor refuted their suspicions. She simply ignored them.

She searched the train and finally found a compartment that was nearly empty, only Luna Lovegood occupied a seat by the window.

“Hello, Luna.” Ginny greeted her and the blonde girl looked up.

“Everyone talks about you. You and Draco Malfoy.” Ginny liked Luna, even if many found her weird; the Ravenclaw was always honest and stood up for herself.

“They do?”

“Yeah, they’re betting on if you are a couple or not.” Ginny was not surprised; this school was like all others where rumours spread like diseases.

“Really, and which side is winning?” Luna might not talk much but Ginny doubted that there was anyone at Hogwarts who knew more about the population there.

“Most people in the play are betting you are a couple. Eeveryone who’s not in the play holds against.” Great, then half of all people in school will watch me and Draco constantly, Ginny thought gloomily. “But there’s no one who thinks you will be a couple.” Luna stated and Ginny almost jumped, those dreamy eyes were sure more observant than they seemed.

Luna, by watching Ginny, had realised that Draco and Ginny were not a couple, yet. Though it was obvious that Ginny hoped they would be soon.

“I wish.” The redhead slumped in her seat, she could only accept the truth, she was in love with him. And she was a Weasley and he a Malfoy. Luna just nodded and then asked, “What is he like?”

“You know what everyone says, Luna,” Ginny said tiredly, absently fingering on the dragon pendant.

“I don’t trust other people’s judgements,” the girl answered a
tad bitterly. “And I’ve never talked to him.”

“Well...” Ginny began tentatively but soon found herself talking rapidly about all of Draco Malfoy’s qualities.

Comfortable in each other’s presence the two girls got off the train and into a thestral drawn carriage together. Ginny couldn’t see the thestrals but she had ridden one.

They parted in the Great Hall and went to their respective tables. Ginny searched for Draco and saw him sitting at the Slytherin table looking bored and superior as the dinner began.

Draco was fuming. He had thought that after the holiday a bit of the rage he held for Potter would have disappeared Now, as he saw him again he was ready to beat the crap out of him. There had been a relative calm between them since their 6th year but when Potter had called Ginny a slut he could barely contain himself from hexing him straight to hell. He, himself, had called a lot of girls sluts but no one called his girl a slut. Not that she had agreed to be his but everyone should know that you didn’t insult something that belonged to a Malfoy. But now as he faced his archenemy again, a plan of revenge took form in his brain.

He felt someone watching him and looked up. Ginny looked at him and flashed him a smile in greeting. He saw that something was glittering around her neck. She was wearing his pendant. Good, now would everyone see that she belonged to him. He offered a smirk back and she turned her attention back to her food.

He had looked up. Ginny had seen, in spite of the distance, that he was furious. She wondered what had upset him enough to show his feelings in public. She had smiled at him as if to calm him down and he had answered with a nasty smirk. What was the problem? she wondered worriedly. Well, she would ask him tonight.

Draco stood in a dark hallway a foreboding scowl on his handsome features. This was so un-Slytherin, not subtle or sneaky at all. It was so very straightforward and Gryffindor. He heard the steps he had been waiting for and slid out of the shadows and faced Harry Potter.

The Gryffindor stopped and Draco sneered at him before rapidly grabbing the stunned opponent by his collar and pressed him up the wall. Or more like slammed him into the wall and the famous wizard’s head hit the wall with a rather sickening thud. Dazed, the green eyes met the burning silver ones in question. Draco leaned closer feeling the fury rush and boil in his blood. It wrapped itself around him hiding all human barriers. No rules existed as a red-black fire raged in his mind. Years of jealousy and suffocated feelings came flooding to the surface.

In a growl that was barely human he hissed, “Hurt her again, Potter and I will kill you.” Harry’s eyes narrowed and he didn’t answer. Draco punched him, “Do you understand me?” A rivulet of clear red blood trailed down Harry’s chin from his bottom lip. Draco pressed him even harder against the stonewall and was about to hit him again. He wanted the other boy to feel all the pain he had been through, the despair he felt for not being able to make Ginny his.

“Draco!” It was Ginny’s voice, he would recognize it anywhere. “Let him go!” Let him go? Why would he do that? He wasn’t through with him yet. She ran towards them and tried to push the much stronger boy away.

“Why would I do that? He insulted you.”

“He was angry and he didn’t mean it!” Ginny didn’t want to show how frightening she found Draco; this was not the boy she knew. Suddenly Harry opened his mouth. “I did.” He croaked and the blonde slammed his head into the wall again and Harry almost passed out.

“No one speaks that way to what belongs to a Malfoy.” Draco hissed. He looked so much like his father that Ginny almost winced.

“Stop! I do not belong to you!” That made Draco turn towards her and she cringed. Suddenly his arms fell to his sides and Harry tumbled to the floor and the last blow on his head made him faint.

“Did you think I was going to hit you?” Something had disappeared from his eyes and all Ginny could see was a lost little boy instead of the monster that had stood there just a moment ago. Afraid beyond wits she managed to say, “I do not belong to you and I never will. I don’t ever want to have anything more to do with you.” With that she turned and with a wave of her wand she brought Harry with her, hanging in front of her in the air.

Draco stood and watched her retreating back, feeling empty. Whatever that could have existed between them was dead before it had even began.

A/N: So? As usual I would love to hear what you thought!
Snow by Sannikex
A/N: Thanks a million to everyone who reviewed! Luv it! Now let's see what I can do about the little request I heard: FIX IT! *hides behind desk* "Well I...You know...Go and read, and don't throw things!"
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Nothing from Phantom of the Opera. Nothing from Harry Potter. Life's though.



Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Sixteen

Snow

Angrily Ginny wiped away the tears that would not stop falling and walked faster. Her breath was ragged and came in white puffs of smoke. The snow crunched under her feet and gleamed in the moonlight. She had thought he was changed, that he was not a Malfoy, that he was her Angel.

“Hearing is believing, music is deceiving. Dare you trust the Music of the Night…” She scolded herself and her weak heart.

“I’m a Gryffindor of course I dared to trust him. And I have to wear my heart on my sleeves so anyone can break it!”

Not seeing where she walked for the tears in her eyes, she tripped over a root hidden in the snow. She fell straight on her face down in the snow and her sobs increased. Everything felt hopeless, she was deceived by the boy she was in love with, she had lost one of her best friends because he thought the she had cheated on him and what made her feel really bad was that in her mind she actually had. She hadn’t done anything with Draco but how could she prevent her dreams?
Upon that Chanté he had pointed out that she didn’t sing as well as before. Her brother avoided her and many Gryffindors ignored her.

Cold was seeping into her clothes and the snow stung her bare face. She heard steps but did not feel like moving, she could lie here for eternity. No one would hurt her she would be all alone...

The steps were coming closer and stopped near her right hand. Still not making any movements except for breathing Ginny felt how something heavy and warm was put on her before the steps retreated again. Wearily she lifted her head and looked around. She didn’t see anyone but she noticed what was put upon her. A cloak.

Rising reluctantly to sitting position she examined it closer. It was by far the most beautiful and well-made cloak Ginny had ever seen. In her family they had always purchased the standard wool cloaks and passed them on to the next sibling. Since Ginny was the youngest of seven children, the cloaks she received were always overlarge and very worn. This one was made of a material she had never seen; it was light and thick and had a distinct smell she thought she recognised. The cloak was lined with fur, silver fox fur. It had to be hard to find a more expensive cloak anywhere. As she thought about it, she understood who had covered her with the garment. And as if to confirm her thought the initials D.M were embroidered inside.

In despair and at a loss for words she managed a wholehearted,

“Shit!”

He acted as a bastard and then did something so considerate, so romantic that she now was feeling her anger just float out of her mind. No! Her mind screamed, couldn’t she remember the monster that hid inside his very soul? His eyes, cold and hard as ice hovered before her, but it was not his face that completed the image, it was Lucius Malfoy’s.

She pictured Draco as he had stood in the mirror frame; his eyes guarded but not cold, braced but not hostile. Not when they looked at her. The way they looked at her, as there was no one else in the room, like she was all that mattered.

Draping the cloak around her she lay back again and watched the stars, how they twinkled...they became a pair of silver eyes, merrily shining. Draco’s eyes...That was the last Ginny saw before she fell asleep.

A shadow crept out of the dark forest and cast a spell on the sleeping girl. The moonlight glittered in his hair.

Draco had never in his life felt like this. But since he started to get to know Ginny Weasley nothing was like it used to be. A lonely girl who enjoyed music had met a lonely boy who enjoyed music. That was all they had been. Companions not friends, then friends and now? Nothing.

It scared him out of his mind but he wanted to apologize to her. He really couldn’t see why she was protecting Potter; he was obviously as dense as he looked. Must be some weird Gryffindor, “friends”, thing.

Earlier that night he had seen Ginny walk out of the castle and followed her. She had fell and when she didn’t rise he had started to run until he saw her relaxed face. She was actually resting, poorly dressed in the snow. He had given her his cloak so she could rest more comfortably. He didn’t know why he had, he just did it. Then he had hid in the shadows of the forest.
Ginny had been sleepy enough to not notice the footprints. She had fallen asleep with his cloak wrapped around her. Another one of those tender feelings, he seemed to get constantly when he was around Ginny, kicked in and he wanted nothing more than lay down beside her in the snow, only to be closer.

Restraining himself he had cast a long-lasting warming spell on her so she wouldn’t freeze to death (she was truly mad, drifting off in this weather) and he left her very reluctantly. Just to be sure he left three protecting charms and an extra warming spell.

Now he was sitting in his common room watching the lonely black spot that was the sleeping Ginny Weasley. She would probably burn his cloak in the morning but it felt like he had some sort of protection on her if she had the cloth. Shaking his head as if to make the silly thoughts vanish, he shifted his uncomfortable position in the windowsill and then stilled again.

He still wondered what made Ginny Weasley so special. Sure she was pretty but he had dated far more beautiful witches than her. She was a Gryffindor and a Weasley. He should hate her.

But she could smile and make a whole room light up. She could sing so he felt like he needed nothing else in the world than her. She could look at him so he lost his breath. No one had ever done that to him before and he wanted to know why it was she.

Was it because she was his first and only friend? Was this maybe only the feeling friends had for each other? He couldn’t know, could he?

But something deep inside him, that his father had not killed totally, whispered that this was not a feeling between friends. It was the tiny bit of a heart that still remained in Draco Malfoy. A slumbering part of his body, or rather his mind, that the gentle redhead had awoken. Draco didn’t understand this and spent the night watching that nothing happened to the black spot in the snow, angry with himself for doing so, and still, amazingly relaxed and content just watching her.

A/N: Did I mention that I love reviews? Make my day and review!
Problems by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Seventeen

Problems

A/N: Hello! Missed me? I hope so because I missed you! I loved your reviews for the last chapter ;P
Disclaimer: I do not own anything because I'm not J.K Rowling nor Andrew Lloyd Webber.

“What is your problem?” Draco, Ginny and Harry were rehearsing the final scene down in the phantom’s lair when Chanté’s voice interrupted them. Confused they looked up.

“What has happened? Two weeks ago you all played amazingly well and now you avoid looking each other in the eyes. You can’t be closer than ten feet or you totally forget your lines. Whatever little quarrels you have, it stays outside these doors. Understood?” The leading trio nodded but all silently wondered how they could leave the “little quarrel” behind.

Someone had to take the first step and all three were stubborn and proud. It could have lasted forever. But Chanté was becoming nervous. If they didn’t solve it in some way the premiere would be a disaster. The date was coming nearer with every minute and her stars were acting like four year olds.

“Everyone except for Draco, Ginny and Harry are dismissed!”

Relieved the rest of the cast filed out through the double doors. Many were getting just as nervous as Chanté about the approaching premiere and were grateful for some time off.

“Sit,” Chanté said and the leading trio obeyed. “Now we’re going to fix this because I want the play to be a success. And it’s not fair to your co-actors if the leading parts destroy the whole piece." Draco looked like he was about to say that “he never would be worse than the ‘co-actors”, but a glance from the Frenchwoman kept him silent.

“Now if I can first talk to you Harry.” She and the boy-who-lived went over to the other side of the Great Hall where the two others couldn’t overhear them.

Draco rose and went over to the piano. The orchestra hadn’t been there today as it was their day off and Geoffrey had already left. He gestured to Ginny to come after and reluctantly she did.

He wasn’t stupid, he knew perfectly well the power his voice had over her and now it was time to use it. He couldn’t apologize to her - he was a Malfoy and Malfoys were never sorry. Now he had a perfect excuse for wanting her to be his friend again; the play.

Softly he began to play and fastened his eyes on her. He was not going to show her how nervous he was.

Confused Ginny met Draco’s eyes, wondering where this would lead. When the intoxicating tones of his voice began she once again felt that he was singing only for her. To have him sing for her made her feel so special, so intimately cared for. He made her feel worshipped, and dear Merlin, loved...

The lyrics suddenly started to matter and she listened carefully to the recomposed lyrics.

“I gave you my music, made your song take way. You were once my one companion, you were all that mattered. Then my world was shattered.” Stricken Ginny understood that he was actually saying that he was sorry. Draco Malfoy was apologizing. “Say you'll need me with you here, beside you. Let me be your shelter, let me be your light. Try to forgive, teach me to live...”

He had forgiven her...Could she do the same?

He was sitting by the piano calmly regarding her, waiting for his judgment. The setting sun’s last rays illuminated his aristocratic features, making his hair shimmer. Disconnected she thought that he was like a black-and-white photography, everything around him seemed to be made of gold but he was plain black and white. The golden light didn’t touch him. The sun didn’t want to touch him...

“You are forgiven.”

Draco watched her where she stood opposite him silently regarding him, her hair seeming ablaze in the sunlight. Something in her eyes changed and she uttered three words that he had no idea meant as much to him as they did. His planning for what to play that night in the ballroom was interrupted by Ginny who added, “But you’ll have to apologize to Harry too.”

It felt like he had walked through a ghost.

“What?”

“I think you heard me, Draco.”

“Malfoys don’t apologize,” he said arrogantly.

“Too bad,” she spun around and began to leave.

“I said I was sorry to you. Isn’t that enough? Haven’t I made a fool of myself enough for a lifetime already?” She turned and looked tenderly at him making him want to squirm.

Merlin, he could manage glares from anyone but that look made him want to fidget.

“I’ve already told you that there is no reason for you to be embarrassed in front of me, Draco.” She said his name in a way no one had ever said it before. It made him feel warm inside. Get a hold on yourself, Malfoy! A voice inside his head shouted.

“I don’t want to embarrass you. I want you to see that you have to face the consequences of your actions. I could tell a teacher what you did...” she said severely.

“Are you blackmailing me into apologize to Potter?” He asked and narrowed his eyes.

“Yes, and I hope that one day I won’t need to blackmail you into it.” With that she walked away towards Chanté and Harry.

She hoped that he would apologize to Harry. She hoped that she meant that much to him. Ginny would never tell Draco, but a little part of her thought that he had done the right thing with Harry, Merlin knew that she had wanted to do the same. And it made her heart beat a little faster with the knowledge that he had stood up for her. Secretly smiling at her heart’s antics she approached the famous witch and wizard.

“Tell me what the matter is,” Chanté persuaded gently. Harry was leaning back in his chair, his arms crossed over his chest, eyes hostile. This was not a matter for Chanté’s ears.

The singer sighed wearily. She looked up and saw Ginny walking towards them. The redhead had a new light in her eyes and Chanté thought that maybe there wouldn’t be a need for her to talk “seriously” with the girl. She nodded at Harry in a dismissal way and he rose and grumpily walked towards the doors.

“So, Ginny, do you care to tell me what is going on?” Ginny who liked the kind Frenchwoman gladly told her about Draco, Angel and Harry. Well, maybe not quite everything but almost. Her feelings for Draco she could leave out of this.

Both being occupied with the story they didn’t see Draco slip out after his archenemy.

A/N: Hehehe, I'm such an evil person. In the next chapter we'll see if Draco apologizes, if Harry accepts and if our favourite persons have a chance together...
Truce by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Eighteen

Truce

A/N: I don't know why the chapters dont appear when the story comes up at the site. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Anyway, here is chapter 18 which I hope everyone will enjoy. I did.
Disclaimer: I don't own anything from Phantom of the Opera or the Potterverse. Because I'm not them. I don't even have two coins to rub together at the moment and they do.

He was furious. Of course he didn’t let it be seen as he walked down the corridor but he was swearing quietly, making a nun in a painting faint from pure shock. Not even bothering to send her a glance he left the English and French profanities for Spanish, Dutch and Russian ones.

What in bloody hell possessed him to do what he was about to do? You’d do anything for her and you know it! The voice he hated so dearly, said maliciously. He didn’t want to hear that.

He spotted the black mop of tastelessly unkempt hair ahead and called, “Potter!”

“What do you want, Malfoy?” Glancing around and noting that no one else was around Draco drew a deep breath and started.

“Before I begin I just want to tell that I do not regret what I did to you, Ginny blackmailed me into this. I’m sorry for beating you up, Potter.” Very humiliated, the Malfoy turned and walked briskly down the hallway. He couldn’t get away from there fast enough.

“Hey, Malfoy!” Draco stopped hesitantly. He wasn’t sure he wanted to hear Potter’s gloating. “You really do like her, don’t you?”

Dumbstruck by his words Draco just stared. Harry walked closer his hands deep in his pockets. “I…I guess I have to apologise too. I mean for my behaviour. But it really pissed me off when she so clearly preferred you over me. I always thought we were friends but she didn’t tell me she had already given her heart to someone else.”

If someone had seen the “Evil” Draco Malfoy at that moment they would laugh, he looked like he had walked into an invisible wall.

“Malfoy? Malfoy, what are you doing? You look like you’ve swallowed a flobberworm and realised it three years later.”

Some unintelligible sounds escaped the Slytherin’s mouth and he didn’t doubt that his father would have locked him in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor for not controlling his emotions if he had seen his son.

“She’s in love with me?” He said weakly.

“Yes,” Harry answered looking grim. “Haven’t you noticed?”

Draco didn’t respond. He had known, hoped, that his feelings for her were mutual and still he had dreaded it. But to have it said straight to his face was different.

“How do you know?” Draco asked, he had to know, had to see it himself.

Looking irritated Harry answered, “The way she looks at you, and how she lies to all of her friends because of you. I’ve never seen anyone so ecstatic over “visiting Hagrid” every night for three weeks in a row. She has started to sneer. She started to use make-up. She would die for you, Malfoy,” he finished bitterly.

Desperately Draco tried to get a hold of the feelings that raged inside him. Intense happiness, ‘she looked forward to their meetings.’ Anger, ‘why hadn’t she told him?’ Something warm and fuzzy he would rather not acknowledge, ‘she had made herself beautiful for him, she lied for him, she had always sang for him.’

Harry watched the shifting emotions in eyes that for once were unguarded.

“Nothing witty to say, Malfoy?” Harry smirked and all he got was a burning look. “You know, I was angry because I thought she had given herself to someone who didn’t care. You obviously do. So I’m not going to interfere any more. I truly deserved what I got. Thanks for beating some sense into me,” Harry held out his hand. Draco looked at it, how very familiar this was. Should he let Potter suffer from the same humiliation he had? Ginny’s face flashed by and the Slytherin shook the Gryffindor’s hand.

Suddenly the green eyes behind the round glasses narrowed, “But if you hurt her…” He left the threat to the other boy’s imagination.

“You should apologize to Ginny,” Draco said to Harry as he walked away.

Leaning towards a statue of Pontus the Picky Harry smiled. He didn’t know why, but he felt happier than he had since the beginning of the year.

Steering his steps towards the ballroom Draco had to hide a smile behind his hand. Hagrid, indeed.

Ginny carefully approached the door she had itched to open for what felt like eternity. She opened and saw the back of whom she longed to meet behind the door of her dreams. Draco was sitting by the piano, his hair glinting in the warm gleam of the candlelight. He was playing and singing – he had to be in a good mood. Ginny shivered, he was singing the final line of the whole play and it always gave her goose bumps when he let his voice soar so freely.

“You alone can make my song take flight! It’s over now the music of the night!” The desperate tone in his voice tugged at her heartstrings even if she knew he was just acting.

“Angel...” He turned and faced her and she managed a rather feeble smile. What was she going to say?

“I think it’s your turn to sing today and my turn to listen.” She had to hear him singing for her. She wanted to feel the intoxicating tones fly around her. “Master,” she added playfully with mock esteem. Not bothering turning towards the piano, he again began to sing. His deep voice turned one octave darker and made her blood boil, burning her inside as it rushed through her. The lyrics did not help at all...

“You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge, in pursuit of that wish, which till now has been silent, silent . . . in your mind you’ve already succumbed to me dropped all defences completely succumbed to me - now you are here with me: no second thoughts, you’ve decided, decided . . .”

He rose and let his voice grow stronger enjoying Ginny’s closed eyes, proving the power he still had over her. “Past the point of no return, no backward glances, the games we’ve played till now are at an end . . .Past all thought of “if” or “when”, no use resisting, abandon thought, and let the dream descend . . .”

Ginny opened her eyes again and found Draco a lot closer now, barely three steps away.

“What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door? What sweet seduction lies before us . . .?”

One step closer...

“Past the point of no return, the final threshold - what warm, unspoken secrets will we learn? Beyond the point of no return...”

The tension was thick enough to cut with a knife as Draco stopped singing; his slightly ragged breath was all that could be heard as he regarded the girl in front of him closely, seeking an answer of some sort in her deep eyes.

She knew the song, it was from the play and they had rehearsed it uncountable times together but not until now, did the words make sense to her. Answering him in the same quiet voice he had used, she started to sing her part.

“You have brought me to that moment where words run dry, to that moment where speech disappears into silence, silence . . In my mind, I’ve already imagined our bodies entwining, defenceless and silent - and now I am here with you, no second thoughts, I’ve decided, decided...”

This time Ginny stepped closer and they could now feel the heat radiating from each other.

“Past the point of no return - no going back now, our passion-play has now, at last, begun . . . Past all thought of right or wrong - one final question, how long should we two wait, before we’re one? When will the flames, at last, consume us?”

They took the final step that carried them beyond the point of no return. Draco put his hands at Ginny’s waist and her arms circled his neck. Just a breath from each other they finished,

“Past the point of no return, the final threshold - the bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn. We’ve passed the point of no return…”

Finally destiny managed to complete what it had been working on for years, as the two born enemies sealed their fate with a kiss.

Ginny had never been kissed this way before. This was nothing like the unsure, rather , kisses she had exchanged with her former boyfriends, this was simply wonderful. It was like hitting the right tone at the right moment together with the right person or...

Here Ginny’s thoughts came to an end as the kiss deepened and her hands found their way into Draco’s silky hair all by themselves.

Draco had kissed a lot of girls before but it had never felt like this. It had never felt perfect. Maybe it was the longing he had for this girl without realizing for years, and now she was here, she was his and she liked it. Or the love for music they shared or that she was his friend. But he doubted it. Drawing her closer he stopped thinking at all and surrendered to the pleasant sensations thundering inside him.


A/N: Alright don't kill me because I suck at writing kisses! I have to practise *winks*. Now, how was the whole thing? Don't you think I deserve a little happy dance in front of your desk because I made them kiss? C'mon you now you want to let the triumph out!
Magic by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Nineteen

Magic

A/N: Hey! Thanks for your reviews, as always they make my day! And now, Michelle I'm curious, who are Fyerio and Glinda? You have to tell and I'll see what I can do about your suggestion.

I hope everyone will enjoy some more fluff because I did ;D

Disclaimer: Who reads these, anyway? I do not own aything that already belongs to JKR and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Ginny smiled as she went off the stage during the rehearsal’s intermission. The teamwork between her, Harry and Draco had been working excellent the last days. Chanté was chirpy and the other actors were starting to relax into their roles even if the nervousness for the premiere hadn’t ceased.

She took a sip of water before looking around. They had practiced the masquerade scene so the whole cast were there. Cho Chang and Seamus Finnegan were talking with a nodding Neville beside them, a gang of Hufflepuffs were rehearsing lines and Harry and Draco were sort of talking, well, they weren’t fighting seriously.

Harry had apologized to her before she went to the ballroom the same day Draco had. She had immediately accepted. It had been a bit tense between them as they both tried to find the old friendship.

“Draco, Ginny!” Chanté called, “It’s time for Phantom of the Opera!” This song was among the hardest for Ginny to sing, it ended with wordless vocalizing that rose really high. Upon that she had to sit and sing. It was the first time the Phantom brought Christine to his lair and they had to go by boat, Christine in the front and the Phantom behind her.

The properties group had made a groove in the stage and filled it with water so the boat could float forward. It felt ridiculous to sit in the boat when you saw the narrow “river” but she knew that from the public’s view it looked really cool.

Nervously she bit her lip before stepping into the boat. To her surprise Draco assisted her. They never showed affection in front of people. He leaned closer casually as to help her sit.

“You can do this!” He whispered.

“But I’ve never sung it in front of people!”

“And what am I? A duck?”

“No, you’re my boyfriend,” Ginny said and had to sit on her hands to not caress his cheek. He straightened rapidly but Ginny saw in his eyes behind the white mask how happy she’d made him. She turned and drew a deep breath and Chanté nodded to the orchestra.

“In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came, that voice which calls to me and speaks my name. And do I dream again? For now I find the Phantom of the opera is there - inside my mind.”

All activity off stage had stopped and everyone was listening. Draco and Ginny had always sung well but the magic from the first rehearsals had been gone, now it was back, almost palpable enough to touch it...

Draco continued, “Sing once again with me our strange duet. My power over you grows stronger yet. And though you turn from me to glance behind the Phantom there - inside your mind.”

Again it hit Ginny how alike the play and her life was.

“Those who have seen your face draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear...”

”It’s me they hear...” As their voices joined in the final verse, a sigh could be heard over the whole hall. Who wouldn’t want to be able to sing like the couple on stage?

“And in this labyrinth where night is blind, the Phantom of the opera is here inside your mind...” Ginny started the tough part and the inebriating feeling she got from singing rushed through her. She did it! She actually could! The tone died and breathing hard she looked at Draco. He gave her an almost invisible nod and smiling, Ginny rose.

Then the applause started, stunned she looked out and saw all the students stand and cheer. Chanté was beaming and the orchestra were nodding and smiling.

Ginny bowed graciously and whispered to Draco. “Tonight!” Before they parted.

When Draco entered he immediately felt that something had changed in the ballroom. Looking around he saw that it was clean. Someone had put great effort to make the room immaculately spotless.

“I thought it would be perfect. I’ve decided that we’re going to dance now without getting interrupted.” Ginny stepped out from the shadows. Draco felt his breath hitch at the sight. Her burgundy red hair was pinned at her head with soft ringlets tumbling down around her face and she wore a white dress that seemed to float around her. Around her neck hung the tiny silver dragon he had given her for Christmas. She looked like an angel, his angel of music.

“Aren’t you going to ask me to dance?” Ginny asked nervously as he just looked at her. He seemed to wake up and drew his wand. Whispering something under his breath a white rose sprung out from the tip of the slender dark piece of wood.

“Would you give me the honour, Ginevra?” He said and held out the rose.

“Of course, Draco,” she answered and accepted the flower enjoying the sweet scent. She placed it in her hair as he stepped closer. Feeling his arms circle her waist she leaned her head on his shoulder and music started playing softly from some unseen source.

As they spun slowly Ginny marvelled that she could enjoy something so unrestrained, there was nothing that could stop her from savouring the sensations his proximity brought.

The scent from the rose, the music and Ginny herself made it feel unreal. Could one actually be this content? What was the price? He discovered that he didn’t give a damn about what he was going to pay for this moment of complete happiness. It was just now that mattered anyway.

Suddenly a cold hand gripped his heart. What if he hadn’t joined the play? He would be brooding down in the dungeons, sulking and cursing the damn amateurs who were having more fun than he.

He calmed himself and reluctantly let go of Ginny’s waist to spin her around. He had, joined the play and Ginny Weasley was his.

Ginny followed Draco’s lead and spun back, leaning her back against his chest. Feeling his hot breath tickle her neck sent shiver through her and instinctively she bent her head to allow him closer. He understood the invitation and kissed the spot where her neck met the curve of her shoulder. Not able to stop herself Ginny turned and pressed her mouth against his. A new element could be found in the so far gentle and sweet kisses; passion. That feeling brought their relationship to a new level.
Final Rehearsal by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Twenty

Final Rehearsal

A/N: Hello! Second last chapter, ooohh! Eeeeh, can't believe it myself! I hope that you will enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from either Phantom of the Opera nor Harry Potter. Sadly enough.

“Alright! Concentration please! This is the final rehearsal so I want you to get changed and we’ll start from the beginning and only stop when the play ends.”

Even if everyone had known the date of the dress rehearsal, it was scary to hear Chanté actually say it. After tonight there would be no more mistakes allowed. From now on it was real.

Ginny distractedly changed in the girls’ changing rooms into the revealing attire she would wear in her first appearance in the play. It should be red but it had clashed with Ginny’s hair so Chanté had decided that it would be black. It was a top ending above her waistline and trousers that billowed out when you moved. But Ginny wasn’t thinking about her scene clothes but about her boyfriend.

Yesterday had been a very good day. Another one of the numerous snog sessions had taken place in the ballroom. They hadn’t had time for rehearsing, not that they needed it, Ginny thought smirking. Draco had been having fun at all the actors’ expense during the week, teasing them because of their nervousness. But the funniest had been when a Hufflepuff in Ginny’s year had burst out, “I think I’m going to forget my lines!” for the fourth time that day and Draco had answered, “So do I”. The girl had looked gratefully at him, opening her mouth to thank him for his insight in her troubles when she understood what he had said. Huffing, she had stomped away and Ginny bit her lip to not laugh out loud.

The nervousness was really annoying she thought and brushed her hair in front of the mirror. She wasn’t vain but for once she looked closely at her reflection. The red hair was alright she guessed, it was the kind of deep red that didn’t fade with the years but turned into a deep auburn. Her skin was pale and sadly enough sprinkled with freckles over the bridge of her nose and they multiplied during the summer. She didn’t get pimples and she was glad that Draco didn’t either. Our children would have perfect skin, she thought and stopped paralyzed, staring wide-eyed at her reflection’s just as wide brown orbs.

Children! Merlin, they had only been together for three weeks!

“It’s not that bad, you know,” a deep voice said and Draco appeared behind her. “Come on, they’re waiting for you!”

Slowly Ginny put down the brush and turned around, looking just as intently at him as she just had scrutinized herself. He had changed into his phantom clothes and the familiar shudder ran down her spine as she saw him, the white mask covering one half of his face. What made her like this man so much?

At a loss for words, Ginny covered his mouth with hers, desperately seeking the core of him.

They broke apart panting and Draco watched her in awe.

“Not bad, Weasley. Not bad at all,” he said and she blushed.

Had she jumped on him in broad daylight? She shook her head and went out, not much wiser with her feelings.

Draco stayed in the changing room. He needed some time to collect himself. What was it she did to him? She must have put a spell on him. If she hadn’t, why would he feel like it was easier to breathe when he could see her? Why would he feel warmer when she looked at him? Why did she make him want to sing? Why did he want her to feel the same?

He had always needed her, he realized. He had always waited for her to come to their meetings, anticipated them. Wanted to share his talent with her. He wanted her to be the best, not him. He wanted her to be happy.

It was a bitter blow for someone like Draco Malfoy. It was bitter to realize that he had loved Ginny since the first time she stepped into the secret room and he hadn’t done anything about it. In his stubbornness he could have chased her away, and been left in his loneliness for eternity and understood long after that he had loved her.

But he hadn’t, he thought, as he started breathing again. She was his and it had to remain that way. But how could he make her stay with him? He knew that his voice could spellbind her but he wanted her to stay with him because of who he was. Fat chance that’ll happen, he thought in self-irony. He knew fully well that he wasn’t a very pleasant person and had never planned to be one, but he couldn’t keep Ginny to his side with his usual behaviour.

Then what did you do? he wondered, feeling hopeless. What did he know about relationships? Very little. Draco knew how you cast a spell that made your opponent crumble to ashes in mere seconds. He knew some of the most complicated moves in Quidditch and the school rulebook by heart. But he didn’t know how to express love. He knew how to play the piano...Wait, he might not know the right words for love but he could play his feelings!

Relieved, he left the room and entered the stage in the exact moment.

Ginny went into her dorm and noted that it was empty. Good, she thought, she needed to be alone. She needed to figure out her feelings for Draco.

After putting a locking charm on the door, she started collecting things and putting them on her bed. She sat down to look at all that she had collected.

There was a pile of parchment slips all with the same even, elegant handwriting. A recording chest filled with every lesson in the music room she had ever received. A silver box with the inscription, ‘Please promise me, that sometimes, you will think of me’ – DM. A necklace with a dragon shaped pendant. It was the first time she took it off since Christmas. A white rose and a black cloak.

Ginny had dreamingly put a preserving charm on the flower after she had returned to her dorm, her mind still in the ballroom. The souvenir of that special evening would now live forever. She hadn’t returned his cloak yet, it was too warm, too beautiful and it smelled too much like him.

Her fingers traced the embroidered letters inside the cloak. She wondered who had sewed the initials in it. Surely someone who didn’t care if he lost the garment or not.

Ginny picked up the pile of parchment notes and flipped through them, smiling as she recalled the evenings that had followed the invitations.

Absently she put them away and lifted the rose carefully as if it had been made of glass. A rose, the flower of love, the sign she had gotten representing his feelings towards her. He thought he was good at hiding his feelings but Ginny could read his voice after years of practice when she hadn’t been able to see his face. He had feelings towards her she knew it. But how deep were they? Did he feel for her like she did for him? Did he love her like she loved him?

The things she connected with him made her see how much he meant to her. She had treasured them secretly and brought them out every time her dorm mates were out. Just to watch, touch and memorize the objects he had given to her. Pieces of his mind to bring together to solve the mystery of his feelings. Suddenly she realised the time and hurriedly put all the things back where they belonged. She put on the necklace and went to meet her Angel in the ballroom.

She had never heard him play the song he was bringing out of the piano. It was sad and brittle and floating. It was the sound of memories, the happiness of having them and the sadness that the moments were already gone. It was the melody of love; beautiful and longing mixed with the sadness and losses the feeling brought.

“That was beautiful,” she said and he turned.

“Yes,” he answered, looking at her in a way she had never experienced. Like it was the first time he saw her.

She looked back, enjoying seeing his face, tracing the well-known angles with her eyes. In silence they regarded each other. I love you, Draco Malfoy, Ginny thought before saying, “Play it again. Play it for me.”

He turned back to the keys, letting his skilled hands obey her wish.

She sat down beside him, nudging as close as possible, letting the music talk for her.

He had played the piece four times when Ginny’s voice joined the tones of the piano. Her singing was wordless and just following the song. To Draco she had never sung more beautifully.

Neither ever grew tired of the piece and Draco played it over and over before suddenly stopping.

“See you tomorrow,” he said before kissing her goodnight and disappearing through the door. Ginny wondered if she’d done something wrong before leaving too.

He didn’t want to scare her away from him, so he had almost run out when the words he suddenly realized should be used to describe his feelings appeared in his head. They had been a moment away from being voiced.

I love you, Ginevra Weasley was the last thing he thought as he went to sleep.

A/N: So..............? Now tell me your thoughts!
Premiere by Sannikex
Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Twenty-one

Premiere

A/N: Alright people, last chapter...ohhhh..I hope you'll enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything that you recognize from the Phantom of the Opera or Harry Potter.

She couldn’t believe this was actually the night. Ginny peeked out through the curtain; it was unbelievable how many people were there. There had to be more people than just the parents of students here tonight.

She saw her own numerous family, easily spotted with their flaming hair. All of them were there, even Percy though he looked sullen and had a bulking briefcase at his feet. The tension between him and her family since the “Big Brawl” as Fred and George called it had been growing ever since he came back to the Burrow. Her parents did their best to make their son feel at home but his brothers and only sister had a harder time forgiving him.

It appeared that her two oldest brothers were teasing each other and her father was eagerly examining the suspected muggles in the room. Dumbledore had taken down the shield that prevents muggles from viewing the castle. For one night it would allow the muggleborns’ parents to participate.

The twins were sitting very still with their mother’s stern gaze looked at them. Ginny smiled and turned her attention to Chanté who entered the stage in full gala attire. She greeted the audience with her patented “Glad to see you like me” smile.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to what I know will be a night to remember. I would like to begin by congratulating all the parents who have a child in the play. Your children are absolutely marvellous!” the crowd cheered and Ginny saw her mother beam. She had two children in the play and complimented by Chanté Laux, no less!

“I’m sure everyone in here has a reason to be proud over their children but I just know the students from the play.” Suddenly Ginny spotted a familiar face in the crowd. Narcissa Malfoy was sitting in the front row, her usual face of distaste destroying her beauty. She turned to her boyfriend, “Your mother is here?”

“To gloat, no doubt. Not everyone out there has a child in the leading trio”, the blonde sneered. Ginny smirked back, “No, only the Weasleys,” she laughed.

“Well, you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me…”

“That’s true,” she said perfectly fine with letting him win. They weren’t enemies any longer. She leaned closer and whispered, just a breath from his mouth, “And I’m really grateful,” before closing the space between them. Briefly Ginny wondered if it would always be this wonderful to kiss this man as she entwined her fingers in his fine hair. I sure hope so…

They broke apart as Chanté started talking again and a disgusted noise was heard from the sofa behind them.

“Honestly!” Harry wrinkled his nose and the couple just smirked.

Harry felt a sinking sensation in his stomach as Ginny just ignored Malfoy’s bratty comment and kissed him. What wouldn’t he give to have someone to share feelings like that with? Well, not just someone, he wanted Ginny. Why hadn’t he seen her earlier? When he had the chance…Fate was a cruel thing. For years he could have made her his but when he finally saw her she belonged to someone else.

Angrily he looked away, willing the bitter thoughts to subside, concentrating on Chanté.

“I admit that when I first agreed to do Headmaster Dumbledore this favour I wasn’t very happy. I thought that the untrained students here would be disasters on stage and nothing makes me happier than telling you this: I was wrong. We have worked hard for several months to accomplish this play and I am honoured to present, Phantom of the Opera!”

The room went dark and Ginny hurried towards the stage entrance. A hand grabbed hers and she spun around, not seeing anything. She felt the heat of another body close to hers and she recognized Draco’s voice in her ear.

“Good luck!” She smiled in the darkness.

“Thank you, Angel” It took a lot of her willpower to not grin as the music started.

During the intermission Chanté entered the tiny room Ginny used as her changing room, with Harry and Draco in tow.
Immediately Chanté started to pace.

“I have...Well, good news,” she said and excitedly she started to fiddle with her silk gloves. Draco looked at her, his face impassive while Harry raised his eyebrows, Ginny almost jumped on the spot. What is it? She wanted to shout.

“Well, I invited some people I know...Friends of my agent...and such...I wanted to hear what they thought about your abilities...”

Yes? Ginny wanted to shake the woman. “And just now during the intermission they told me...Draco, you have gotten three role offers and Ginny you have been offered some auditions and they are interested in you as well Harry!” Chanté finished in a rush and eagerly watched the three youths. Ginny stood with her mouth open, Harry looked awkward and Draco had lifted a perfectly shaped brow.

“What do you think then?” The Frenchwoman said impatiently. Ginny didn’t answer, a huge smile played at her lips as she threw herself at Draco, wrapping her legs around his waist giving him a hug. Harry looked away and said, “I won’t...”

Chanté looked mildly disappointed but nodded and turned to the couple.

Ginny, now on the ground, said “I have school to finish but I...I think I will go to the auditions next year.” Draco looked thoughtful before saying what Chanté hoped for, “What part would I have?”

The curtain fell and for the first time in her life Ginny experienced the grand feeling of hearing a great audience applaud her. It was so big! Her cheeks hurt from all the smiling.

Another thing she valued was that everyone cheered for Draco too. The praise didn’t only come from loyal Slytherins this time.
They re-entered the stage several times to the never faltering applause and after four times Chanté called that only Draco and Ginny would enter. Harry wasn’t around. Ginny walked to the
middle of the stage again and saw Draco come out from the other scene entrance.

She grazed him with a huge smile and almost invisibly he smiled back. Neither of the noticed the curtain opening as Ginny walked into Draco’s embrace. It was not until the deafening applause stopped they looked up and noticed that they had kissed in front of all the people in the Great Hall. A Malfoy and a Weasley.

“I think our relationship just turned public, Ginny,” Draco said and tugged her closer.

“I think you’re right,” she answered and let herself be kissed once again.

A boy with green eyes in the row furthest back started to clap his hands and soon everyone cheered. Except for a family of dumbstruck redheads and a society lady in the front row.

Secretly Draco smiled and then whispered in his girlfriend’s ear,

“Say you'll need me with you here, beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too. I love you...”

“I love you too, Angel.”

THE END

A/N2: *holds sign saying applause* So? How was this story? Lemme hear!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2583