Love is love by TheShadowFencer
Summary: Ginny reflects on what love is to her. In the beginning she seemingly does not recognise what her feelings mean, but progresses to realising that what she has said applies to her in the end.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 622 Read: 1877 Published: Apr 20, 2005 Updated: Apr 20, 2005

1. It sets you free... by TheShadowFencer

It sets you free... by TheShadowFencer
It would be nice to be in love, to experience all of the emotions that have left great chasms in people for generations, so that us unlucky few who haven't experienced love are able to see the raw remnants of what love has left. It seems to be seared into every cell, every fiber of a lover's being, but it is at the same time worn for all to see, like a necklace resting lightly over a beating heart.

Apparently, love will run a person through a wringer, pressing every bit of pride and selfishness out of someone in a fall of awakening realities, like dirt being forced out of clothing after being thoroughly cleaned, and leaving something better than before. I've seen it happen. People risk so much for love, have to forfeit themselves for it, being crushed in the wake of the waves of hurt and uncertainty, only to come out more alive than those around them. They are filled from the inside out, not the other way around, and it shows. The air around them crackles with an unnoticed superiority, they exude such an optimism that anyone who comes into contact with them can not help but float through the rest of their day in a happy, rose-colored existence. Their influence goes unheeded by them because they have their heads happily in the clouds, soaring above everything in the clean, crisp air that one discovers when in love.

Aah, if only I could drink of that air and partake in the highs that control a being so completely that every decision made inevitably can be traced back to the person for whom this wonderful emotion is freely given. Yes, a complete make over of a life all because of one emotion. Is it not funny how there is only one other thing capable of altering someone as deeply as love can? Hate. This four lettered feeling towards someone else, in its purest form, will ensnare the heart and mind, twining and curling smoky tendrils around someone until they think of nothing but the subject of their hate. It is interesting, that if they turned around and looked the other way that they would be staring love directly in the face. If the person could only redirect their efforts into seeing the good in that someone, the negative feelings would evaporate, and the burning emotions could be put to better use, like love.

A person that knows love is infinite lucky, because they will be able to sense the good and see the beauty in everything. Love is like a song you can't get out of your head, a sweet melody that haunts dreams and taunts and teases those awake, until there is nothing left to do but sing with everything in you. It can take the shape of a lilting breeze, whispering against your skin, or an in-your-face beat that thrums and vibrates through your bones until your body is left tingling with sensation. It can be everything and anything, because that is what love does. It is like the rain, building up until there is a downpour and everything in the aftermath is alive and new.

To feel love is to be falling with no sense of direction and knowing that there is someone there to catch your fall. Some say love is intangible, but is it possible to disagree? All one has to do is look around, stretch out their fingers and let go. That is why love is what it is.

It sets you free.

So I suppose, in reflection, I do know what love is, because I am free. I love you Draco, always and forever.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2601