Keep Your Enemies Closer by princessginny
Summary: A Flashback fic Ginny Weasley is a brand new Auror, and her first assignment is to find out what secrets Draco Malfoy is hiding. Short Prolouge
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Humor, Mystery, Action, Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 293 Read: 1859 Published: May 07, 2005 Updated: May 07, 2005

1. Prolouge by princessginny

Prolouge by princessginny
Ginny Weasley stepped out in front of her fellow Aurors. She wasn’t quite sure what she was going to tell them about her assignment. They all looked up at her with eager eyes and she didn’t know if she could let them down. There was always the option of letting him down, yet she wasn’t quite sure that she could betray him, either. She’d already done enough of that. Draco Malfoy had been her first assignment as an Auror, and she had taken her job quite seriously.

In the beginning, nothing could have kept her from finding out the facts. However, now that she knew all of them, she no longer wanted to. Today, she was to bring him down by telling all her fellow Aurors what the young Malfoy was hiding. It was a little late for bringing him down, though. He was already broken, and it was all her fault.

Anxious eyes stared back from the crowd, each ready to know what villainy the former Slytherin had committed, and what his punishment would be. Ginny stepped forth, and cleared her throat.

“Good evening, witches and wizards. I know you're all looking forward to what I have to tell you about Mr. Malfoy, but please be patient. I'm not exactly sure how to word what I'm going to say just yet."

The room continued to stare at her as she glanced down at her feet, and took one deep single breath.

How did I get myself into this? Ginny tried to remember the glory she felt when she first thought of taking Draco down, and along with it, memories came forth. There was nothing she could do to stop them.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2686