Figured You Out by dracos_gal15
Summary: And now I know who you are It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out Songfic, based on Nickelbacks "Figured You Out"
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Violence, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1189 Read: 2307 Published: Jul 24, 2005 Updated: Jul 24, 2005

1. 1 by dracos_gal15

1 by dracos_gal15
Figured you out.

I like your pants around your feet
And I like the dirt that's on your knees
And I like the way you still say please
While you're looking up at me
You're like my favourite damn disease


He liked it when she gave in to him, let him take control of her in every way he knew how. Once or twice, he made the mistake of looking into her eyes, and he could see that he was tearing up her heart. She was torn between her forgotten innocence, and her yearning for his touch.
She tore him up too.

He couldn’t stop himself, no matter how much damage she was doing to him.
It weakened him. He could feel himself burning up inside when he turned to leave and saw her spread on the desk, not caring that he’d finished with her, not noticing that he was leaving her barely clothed, often bleeding and ready to die.

And I love the places that we go
And I love the people that you know
And I love the way you can't say "No"
Too many long lines in a row
I love the powder on your nose


He would never admit it to her, but she gave him things he could never buy, never know without her. She once offered him a strange muggle substance, fine white powder that made him see colours, go places, say things he never thought he could, never believed he would. It freed him, but at the same time, wrenched him further into her. It almost killed him to see her the way he saw himself. Broken, torn, damaged.

And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out


Each time he forced himself into her, he could feel her heart tear further apart.

At least, he thought he could.

After awhile, he realised that the look in her eyes only said what she wanted it too, when she thought he should change his mind, see her differently, she wanted his pity.

It worked.

And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out


He supposed it was just a cruel game she played.

I like the freckles on your chest
And I like the way you like me best
And I like the way you're not impressed
While you put me to the test
I like the white stains on your dress


The more he watched her, the more he noticed that she knew what she was doing; he wasn’t the only one. She silently sat down next to a boy she liked, smiled shyly as she asked for help with her homework. He saw her leave the library every few nights with someone else, he knew where they were going, same place she so delicately led him.

But he knew it was always him she was imagining as she wrapped herself around another nameless face, he could tell by the way she discretely looked back at him as she left, her desire was almost glowing in her eyes. He soon came to know that it was the only thing she couldn’t hide from him.
That and the scars down her arms.

And I love the way you pass the check
And I love the good times that you wreck
And I love your lack of self-respect
While you're passed out on the deck
I love my hands around your neck


He’d always assumed she was the innocent one, but she managed to prove him wrong once again.

She found a way to incite him into violence, he’d never tried it before, and she seemed to crave it so badly. Who was he to deny her?

He tried a blade, but it was too cold, too sterile.
He tried silk ties, they were too soft.
Eventually he gave up and used his hands

She came faster and harder than he could have imagined.

And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out
And now I know who you are,
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out


She still gave in to him, after all this time, completely surrendered.
Sometimes, she almost begged.
Usually, with other girls, he got bored, left, and forgot.

Not this time. She was different.

I like your pants around your feet
And I like the dirt that's on your knees
And I like the way you still say please
While you're looking up at me
You're like my favourite damn disease



There was something about her that made him keep going back.

And I hate the places that we go
And I hate the people that you know
And I hate the way you can't say "No"
Too many long lines in a row
I hate the powder on your nose


One thing people never realised about him, however, was that he knew where to draw the line. He knew that she was going too far.

And he couldn’t stand it.

He wanted to save her.
Save her from herself, from the path she was taking.

And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out
And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard, just to figure you out


One evening, when the sky rumbled with low thunder, and lit up like a struggling candle; she led him to their usual room, and it was like any other night.

Until he saw that look in her eyes, a look of self-hatred and betrayal, he knew something had to be done. His hands found their way to her throat, as they had in so many other hours of darkness.

His slender fingers began to tighten, as her neck arched into his touch.
She was close.
As they both reached their peak together, he looked into her eyes and whispered the words she had been dreading, though never heard before.

‘I love you’

Her eyes widened, the words snapping her out of her haze of pleasure.
He never loosened his hands.

Letting go of her limp neck, he placed one last kiss on her soft ruby lips, and he pulled out a bottle of poison. ‘Sorry’ was the last word from his mouth before he finished the bottle of shimmering green potion.

The glass smashed on the floor as he lay down beside her pale body.

They were found early the next morning, her hand in his, red hair tangled with blonde. A small smile had formed on her lips, as though the last words spoken to her meant something special, and his eyes were fixed intently on her face, the look in his eyes one of perfect adoration.

it wasnt that hard, just to figure you out...
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3144