Serpentine by Krystal Klear
Summary: Fighting on opposite sides of the war, Ginny and Draco struggle to keep their relationship some what whole. But Ginny craves more action than the order of the Pheonix can deliver and turns to a different order one that fights dark with dark and believes an eye for and eye is the only true statement.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Blood, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 2095 Read: 2506 Published: Aug 17, 2005 Updated: Aug 30, 2005

1. Chapter one - Until you came along by Krystal Klear

Chapter one - Until you came along by Krystal Klear
Serpentine
By Krystal Klear
Rating-R

Chapter One – When you came along

The stranger sang a theme
from someone else’s dream
the leaves began to fall
and no one spoke at all
but I can’t seem to recall
when you came along
Ingénue

-January 17, 1997-

“I’m not afraid.” whispered the red head in his ear.

Their relationship had been the only steady thing in his life since the middle of his fifth year. It still remained a secret and at first, it was a fun secret, but it had worn through and Ginny had become as weary as he was of deserted corridors and empty classrooms.

He knew from the minute he saw her in Flourish and Blotts that his heart was stolen. Unfortunately for her, his father knew as well. She experienced the Chamber alone. Everyday he cursed himself for not having the courage to tell someone of the Diary that had been in the secret compartment of his father’s drawing room floor. But his family loyalty stuck, and he could not possibly consider betraying that. His father had a purpose, even if he didn’t understand it was simply to get rid of a girl that his son was destined to love completely.

He looked back into her brown eyes that seemed to have dark green flecks swirling in their depths. Holding onto her hand tighter, he pulled her down the corridor towards the Slytherin common room, murmuring the password loud enough for her to hear and not caring. He led her past the smirking and plotting housemates that he used to consider himself a part of. Closing the door of his dormitory and leading her to his own four-poster bed, he pulled the curtains around them, casting silencing spells.

“Then be with me,” he whispered, cupping her face in his hands, and laying a sweet kiss on her red lips.

All the images and dreams that had caused him longing rose to mind and now, in her presence, the mists parted. He felt so much more than he thought possible.

Gently, as to calm her, his mouth took from hers trying to hold the feeling of want at bay. His hands moved over her seductively, his mouth barely able to hold a smirk as she trembled. He murmured her name softly as his hands pulled her jumper away, revealing a brilliant white starched oxford and the faded Gryffindor tie. He kept his hands under cool control as he pulled the knot loose from the tie and slid it through the oxford collar. Her breathing increased as he pulled her mouth to his once more. He lazily unbuttoned her shirt, his knuckles grazing her flesh. The smell of cinnamon and rose filled his senses as he pulled away her shirt, nibbling gently at her collar bone. She looked so innocent in her plain white bra, the cool air from the dungeon causing goose bumps to rise on her chest. She pulled her hands to her chest, more from the feeling of cold than modesty.

“Let me see you,” he coaxed, pulling her to him again. With a simple flick of his wrist her bra was undone and falling from her pale, freckled shoulders. She let it continue to fall, looking into his gray eyes, enjoying them get darker and darker. He lay her down on his bed, the green velvet comforter brushing against her naked skin. Skimming his lips across her throat as he eased her gray flannel skirt down and pulled, effortlessly, her scuffled Mary Jane shoes, letting them fall haphazardly to the floor with a thud. He looked back as he took in the sight of her clad in a pair of plain white knickers and white knee high socks. Pulling her socks away at her toes, she giggled as he yanked them off.

She felt very shy as he continued to look her over. The trademark Weasley blush was blooming across her skin in nervousness and anticipation. His eyes locked on hers, causing her to tremble. He reached out, caressing her breast, watching her eyes close to the feeling as he relished the feel of her soft skin. He had never taken this much time with a girl nor he had ever been so gentle. But watching her tremble as he trailed his fingertips down her chest, he couldn’t help but be in wonderment. Opening her exotic eyes to him once more, he could swear there was more green in them than before.

She reached for him, pulling his tie apart, leaving it to hang from the collar. She started to unbutton his crisp oxford as well. Feeling her hands on his chest as she pulled the shirt backwards, he sucked in a breath. His shirt fell to the foot of the bed.

“Red.” He whispered her pet name brokenly and pulled her against him feeling her chest flush against his. He kissed her passionately, trying to remain in control as the rush started to overwhelm him. His hands raced over her body as they sought to consume every part of her. His lips trailed down her chest to devour one of her breasts, hungrily.

“Draco,” she gasped.

He moaned low as he tried to reel in the primal instinct to ravage her before it took over. He laid her against the bed once more, his weight half on her kissing longingly, but gently. Her hands wandered innocently as she tugged on the button of his slacks and removed him from his confines, using her legs to pull the pants and boxers completely down. She weighed his length in her hands, feeling the silken skin pulse as she moved across it.

He gave her pleasure he had promised, leaving her drowning in its depths, yet barely pulling her to the surface to breathe once more.

Giving in to his touch and the taste of the salt of his skin, she sighed, feeling his lingering caresses.

“Look at me,” he whispered, as her eyes gazed upon his own, that had darkened to a slate. He settled between her legs, his lips whispering an incantation she couldn’t hear as he pushed through her resistance, causing her none of the pain she heard she would feel. Her breath caught in her throat as she felt complete, and basked in it.

“I promised no pain.” Capturing her lips once more, and moving at a slow, leisurely pace, his arms encircled her, slightly lifting her up as he plunged into her repeatedly. Her own legs snaked around his waist, aiding him to go deeper inside of her.

She whispered his name as her arms caressed his smooth back, feeling the muscles ripple with each thrust. His eyes stayed open for her, closing only briefly to relish the moment before plunging into her again. He could feel her heart beat race as her breath became broken and needy.

“Red.” His eyes searching and finding hers. “I love you.” His eyes held honesty she had rarely seen, and caught her breath once again.

His heart soared as he saw her mouth break into a beautiful smile that was only reserved for him. She moaned again as he thrust once more, making her response hard to hear.

“I love you,” she sighed, her eyes rolling back for a minute as he felt her pulse around him, causing him hesitantly to follow her.

“Don’t worry, Ginny, it will be okay,” he said, kissing her neck, reminding her of the pain she would soon feel as his upcoming initiation came closer.

“I know.” Not wanting to be lost in the hopelessness, she ran her hands through his pale blonde hair, pulling him into a searing kiss.

He pulled out of her, relishing in her moan of loss, yet feeling sad for it. He pulled her close to him kissing her over and over, and holding her like he never wanted to let her go. Soon he covered the sleeping form of his girlfriend in the silver sheets and green velvet comforter, her red wine curls splayed across his chest. For once, he felt safe and complete.

-July 15, 1999-

She sat in their usual booth. He sat across from her. He could see in her eyes that she was beyond irritated. He felt just as tired. It was an ongoing battle between the two of them, ever since things became more complicated.

“Look, I know you want to stay and fight, Gin. I understand why! But I need you safe. Please! You’ll be done with school in two days. Go to Sweden immediately after where I know you will be safe,” he pleaded, his eyes light and concerned. He pulled out a bundle of green silk cloth, where a key to a manor in Sweden he bought just for her, as well as a lot of promissory notes resided. His eyes pleaded with her, but she ignored the bundle, having seen it before.

Her eyes hardened a little and she swirled the remaining dregs of her butter beer in the frosted mug. Things had changed rapidly since Draco’s initiation. He became uptight, and sometimes she would even catch him mumbling to himself when he thought she wasn’t paying attention. He would wake up in a cold sweat and hold her to the point she could barely breath. He would never mention what he was dreaming of, just replying that it was horrible and that he would never want her to experience what he was going through. His secrets were tearing them apart, and she didn’t know how much longer she could take it.

“Don’t ask this of me Draco,” her voice dangerously low, she would not look at him in the eye. “This war means a lot to me! You, of all people, should understand why.”

His frustration raged inside of him. She didn’t know what he did! She didn’t know the kind of thing she was going to face, and if they were to come face to face in this war, he didn’t think he would have the guts to fight with her. She couldn’t know that he was fighting on her side. The only one who knew was Potter. For his safety, it had to stay that way.

“So, you plan on joining the order.” His eyes bored into her. “You’re going to get yourself killed.” His voice was bitter.

“Well, at least I won’t sit in Sweden waiting for Tom Riddle to destroy all that I know,” she growled.

He dropped his head in his hands. They would always go in circles about this. He felt the back of his eyes sting and his body tremble. He knew he couldn’t allow his emotions to get the better of him, especially not at the Three Broomsticks. He pulled back his emotions once more in complete control. He set down the bundle of green silk that held her salvation, in his opinion, and pulled two more things out of his pockets. The first was his key to their flat in Diagon Alley. The second was a plain sheathed dagger.

“It’s too dangerous for us to hold a flat together anymore. I won’t risk your life. I will continue to pay for it since then at least I know you have a safe place to go.” He fiddled with the ancient looking dagger before setting it before her. She didn't know who the secret keeper was of their flat and Potter thought that it was best she didn’t. “This is important. It must never leave your side, even when you’re bathing, Red.”

She sadly watched him stand up tugging on his left sleeve, something she noticed him involuntarily do since his initiation. She understood, even though his mark wouldn't show unless Tom called for him. He kissed her on the forehead, another indicator of his obvious nervousness.

He knelt down before her pulling a strand of her wine red hair away from her face, looking seeing none of the usual happy green flecks, just solid sad brown. Cupping her face, gently he kissed her, his lips lingering above her own. He didn’t want to leave.

“I love you, Ginny. I will look for you when this is over.” He kissed her once more as though he was trying to burn it to memory and walked away.

A special thanks to Christine Collins and Gingergurl for doing excellent beta work
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3372