How The Prince Of Slytherin Was Struck Dumb By The Only Weasley Girl by Nasty4904
Summary: Draco and Ginny, before the hormones get the better of them.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1169 Read: 2482 Published: Aug 17, 2005 Updated: Aug 17, 2005

1. Advanced Potions by Nasty4904

Advanced Potions by Nasty4904
Draco watched as Ginny Weasley casually walked in, late for another Potions Class. Professor Snape just ignored the fact the she was late and greeted her. Draco was unsure of the reason he just let her off the hook, he only did that to privileged Slytherins such as himself. Maybe it was because Ginny had improved, coming joint top with Draco, or that over the last year her body had grown up. Now she was a fine specimen of beauty. Even Draco had to admit that deep inside he wanted her gentle touch. She sat merely feet in front of him, gathering her books from her back, her hair swung down covering her face. Draco watched closely. She moved her thick red hair so it rested behind her ear. She saw Draco’s gaze and flashed him a quick smile before returning to her bag. He didn’t return the smile until she had her back turned.


During the lesson he kept watching her. The way she played with her hair, twisting it in her fingers, the way she drew little hearts on top of her “i” instead of a dot, as well as her moving border of her catching the snitch or scoring a goal in quidditch. He smiled, and then looked at his own notes. He had only a few mere points and Snape wanted a several feet essay. He thought the only way to get around it was to copy someone else’s notes. The lesson was dismissed. He took his time collecting his things, then remembered about the notes. He ran off after the Ravenclaw that sat across from him.

“I need your notes,” Draco panted after a few minutes of dodging first years, he would normally shout but he wasn’t in the mood.

“No can do. Sorry,” said the Ravenclaw still playing with her glasses.

“Oh come on!” Draco almost yelled. Was he pleading?

“God Malfoy. Have my notes!” It was Ginny. “You don’t suit begging,” she added. “Ignore the illustrations. She handed him a piece of parchment he knew far too well.

“Thanks,” he mumbled.

“No problem. Come on Luna.” She took the Ravenclaw’s arm and walked off. “I want them back Malfoy!” she yelled. He nodded and began to walk off in the opposite direction reading. He knew what he was doing that lunch time.



After eating, he went back to the common room to work on his paper. He took out Ginny’s folded notes from his pocket, laying them out gently on his desk in front of him. He read them through. His concentration was ruined when a small, pink fluffy creature scuttled across the page.

“What in Merlin’s name? A pygmy-puff?” He scooped the creature up in his hand. “Who has a pygmy-puff?” He thought during potions that Ginny had kept playing with something in her pocket. It had been pink but he'd just assumed it was a coloured feather or a fancy quill. It wasn’t unusual.

“Ginny Weasley,” he said aloud answering his own question. He safely put the Pygmy-puff in his pocket. He worked for the remainder of lunch and part of his free period on the assignment. He was finally finished at quarter to three. Just enough time to change and get ready for Transfiguration last lesson.


He was inside McGonagall’s classroom by three o’clock. It was a mixture of houses like all sixth and seventh year classes. Draco was dreading seventh year and N.E.W.T.’s. But at least he would have Ginny in more of his classes than just potions – he liked that idea. Transfiguration was nothing new. He had had to learn the entire book before term had started, meaning that classes were basically going over it. He turned his turtle into a pillow, or near enough the first time - it still had a small tail, but he did it completely on the second try. He left the classroom on one of those rare occasions without any homework.

“Where can I find Weasley?” he thought. He didn’t know the answer and decided to ask someone who would. He did one last check for Ginny; he didn’t see her, but saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. “Do you know where Ginny will be?” he asked. They looked shocked that he was being civil. Draco did what he had to do to get what he wanted, and he wanted to find out where Ginny was.

“What do you want with Ginny?” Harry asked, lifting an eyebrow.

“I have got her notes and her pygmy-puff if you must know,” Draco replied.

“Why do you have her pygmy-puff?” Ron said looking stern.

“Calm down Weasley! It was in with her notes. Where is she then?” He was surprised at himself for not insulting them by now.

“Common Room.” Hermione answered as if it was the easiest thing in the world. She received glares from the other two. Rolling her eyes she continued, “Malfoy, follow me.”

Draco wasn’t normally one to follow an order, especially from a Muggleborn, but he followed her all the same. She reached the portrait hole and saying the password, it swung open. It led to a round room filled with red and gold, tables, chairs, pictures, books, sofas and rugs. Unlike Slytherin’s common room it had windows.

Hermione dragged him inside, calling for Ginny. After calling her name about ten times, every head was turned staring, then Ginny came rushing down the stairs from what Draco presumed were the girls' dorms.

“What, Hermione?” Ginny asked, looking annoyed. She was no longer wearing her school robes but some shorts and a strappy top, to match the weather outside. Draco had to stop himself from staring, unlike some; Neville was gawking at her, mouth wide open. Ginny turned to Malfoy. “And how did you get in?”

“Mudbl- I mean, Grange ...” She raised an eyebrow. “Hermione brought me.” Insulting Ginny’s best friend was not a good idea. She turned back to Hermione.

“Why?” She looked slightly embarrassed.

“He has something to give you.” Again Ginny faced Draco.

“Your notes?” Draco said to her puzzled face. “And …” he edged out the pygmy-puff from his pocket, “him.”

“Oh honey! Thank you!” Draco raised an eyebrow.

“Honey?” Harry interrupted, looking angry.

“Yes. What would you call a pygmy-puff?”

“Oh … I thought... never mind.”

“I know exactly what you thought.” She laughed. Draco turned to leave. “Where are you going?”

“Erm... for a walk.” Draco had actually no idea. He just wanted to go somewhere where Gryffindors wouldn’t stare at him.

“Where?” she asked. He shrugged; she rolled her eyes at him. “The lake?”

“Erm ... yeah okay.” He just went along with it. She was smiling. “Want to come?” He was regretting that he asked as she wasn’t replying. But then when he was about to give up hope, she nodded her head, grabbed her cloak and followed him out.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3376