Espresso Kisses by mochalatte
Summary: Who knew that such great things could come from a sip of bad coffee?
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 865 Read: 2665 Published: Dec 09, 2005 Updated: Dec 09, 2005

1. In the Library by mochalatte

In the Library by mochalatte
Disclaimer: All characters, except the ones made up by me are property of the great JK Rowling.

Author's Note: This is my first time writing fanfiction... and my first time in five years writing fiction. Any comments or suggestions are welcome! Sorry it's so short, I'll try and make the next one longer.





She sat in the library, dreaming about what the future would bring. She’d given up in the men department when she discovered Harry cheating on her with Luna Lovegood the night before their wedding. Looney Luna, she thought, shaking her head. Who knew? And the bastard had the audacity to blame it on her. Her eyes narrowed. Wonder Boy strikes again, she thought, remembering how he’d turned the press on her. Hard times, these were.

The espresso she just bought for the first time from the nearby café wasn’t helping her mood any, either.

She choked on the intensely bitter taste, nearly spewing it all over the intricately carved coffee table. She wondered how it had come to this, the only female of a prominent Wizarding family, exiled to the Muggle world.

“May I join you?” a deep voice asked, interrupting her thoughts.

“Of course,” she replied automatically, glancing up and getting caught in the intense gray-eyed gaze of the newcomer. What an odd character, she thought. Of all the empty chairs in the expansive room–-

“Is something wrong?” he asked, interrupting her thoughts again, gesturing to the nauseated look on her face.

Smoothing out her lightly freckled features that were flushing prettily (splotchy, she always thought), she murmured, “No, I’m fine.” Correcting herself, she said, “Well actually, this is the first time I’ve ordered- what do they call it? Espresso, I think? Whatever it is, it’s too bitter for my liking.”

The stranger looked concerned as he asked, “Would you like another type? I’m sure I could conjure up one for you.”

Momentarily distracted by imagining the things that could be done with his rather thin, but expressive lips, she replied, “I think I’ll stick with tea for now, thank you. I just want to get this bitter taste out of my mouth.”

“Oh, I can help you with that,” the stranger smiled as he smoothed back his light blond hair. He leaned forward until their noses were nearly touching, his hand reaching up to caress her cheek.

As his lips brushed hers, her heart stopped beating for a moment and she thought wildly, what am I doing? I don’t even know this person! Well, she argued with herself, what the hell. It’s not like I have anything to lose.

Sliding his other hand behind her neck and up to tangle in her hair, he brought her closer to him. This time, his lips covered hers entirely.

The kiss was sinful, a swirl of sugar and spice with a hint of bitterness, almost like dark chocolate. He made a languid exploration of her mouth, taking her breath away. His thumb gently caressed her face, leaving behind a trail of fire.

As he pulled away, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth, he noted her flushed appearance. “I’ve been waiting to do that for years. Is it gone now?” he asked.

Still breathless from the kiss, she touched her lips wonderingly and stammered out, “Is what gone?” Then, it hit her. “Years? Do I know you, then? Wait, that’s not possible, I’ve only been in the wor- uh, in this location, for a few months,” she finished lamely.

“The bitter taste, remember?” he reminded her, the smirk finally taking over his smile. There was something familiar about that smirk, but Ginny couldn’t put her finger on it. “So is it gone?” he asked again.

“Hmm? Oh yes. The taste... it’s gone,” she said, embarrassed by her avid participation a few moments ago, before blurting out, “Definitely gone. But I can drink some more so you can get rid of the taste again.” His eyebrows shot up as she clapped her hand over her mouth, eyes wide with suprise at her sudden boldness.

He chuckled, sending thrills down her spine. “I’m sure that could be arranged,” he said as he leaned in again.

“Wait,” she said, putting up a hand. “What’s your name? You owe me that, at least.”

“It’s Draco,” was all she heard before she lost herself in another thrilling kiss, shivers of pleasure coursing throughout her body. Any remaining thoughts instantly flew out of her head when his tongue snaked out to touch her lips.

As he trailed open-mouthed kisses down her throat, her head lolled back and her traitorous body arched in response. He murmured against her skin, “It’s only fair, I suppose, for me to taste my future wife.”

His words penetrated her state of bliss and her head snapped back. She stared at him like he had mushrooms growing out of her ears as she demanded, “What are you talking about?”
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3989