You're Beautiful by implausible
Summary: "You're Beautiful" is a one-shot song fic based off of the James Blunt song. It is a story following Draco Malfoy's 6th year and his thoughts about the one girl he fancies, Ginny Weasley.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 2436 Read: 5502 Published: Feb 03, 2006 Updated: Feb 04, 2006

1. Chapter 1 Part 1 by implausible

2. Chapter 1 Part 2 by implausible

Chapter 1 Part 1 by implausible
The idea for this story came along while listening to James Blunt on repeat. I'm an avid D/G worshipper, so that should explain it all.

I own nothing but the $4 in my wallet. These characters belong to Miss J.K. Rowling.

One-shot song fic, from the James Blunt song, “You're Beautiful”. This is my first fic, so be nice please!

_

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel,
Of that I'm sure.


Draco Malfoy, Arrogant, cocky, rich bastard. He was one of those privileged people who happened to have the luxury of looking down at others while looking good. He looked down on others, no matter who they were. He was simply raised that way. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy taught their son from a very young age to be better than others, than anyone else, nevermind what it took. Consequences never mattered. They were wealthy; money could buy any member of the Malfoy family out of any situation, leaving Draco a bit out of touch with the real world.

A smirk and a sneer kept outsiders away. Draco Malfoy had only associates, and no friends. And he preferred just that. People often meant trouble. Draco entered his sixth year with that exact mindset.

Draco Malfoy had a smug air about him, especially more so this new school year. The fact that the Dark Lord had called upon him specifically to handle a special bid caused Draco to feel more pompous than usual. Ever since Lucius landed himself in Azkaban, Draco found more and more opportunities avaliable to him. Draco figured that in no time, he'd be the Dark Lord's most trusted advisee.



Draco Malfoy lay there, his head resting uncomfortably on Pansy's lap, on the scarlet Hogwarts Express train, which was delivering the students back to the old castle. Her claws ran through his platinum hair, gently scraping against his scalp. Perhaps in another hour or so, the ride would be over, enabling him to avoid Pansy like the plague. The usual.

She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.


He adjusted his head slightly in Pansy's lap. A sliding glass door separated the narrow main walking space of the train from the compartments. He adjusted his head just so he could watch the train's inhabitants and whatever they happened to be doing. Anything was more entertaining than listening to Pansy's whiny ongoing voice, and Goyle's dull grunts. That was when he noticed her, not for the first time. But this time he noticed her, as well as his longing for the Weasley.

Her wand was extended out in front of her, pointing directly at a young man. A fierce look came across her delicate features. Ginny Weasley's red hair stood out like a rose in a field full of weeds. From what it looked like, Draco concluded, someone had crossed her the wrong way and it would be a hell of a consequence of doing so.

Ginny bellowed out an incanation, which resulted in the engorgement of the poor guy's bogies. They sprouted wings, and attacked his face. Draco thought this attack, the Bat-Bogey Hex, seemed quite familiar, and it was. Ginny used it on him in Umbridge's office last year.

Draco's eyes fixated on her. She was a small thing, covered in horrible freckles. She was attractive, and would have been more so without the red hair that seemed to do whatever it wanted to, and her slightly pointed nose.

His eyes drifted away from the Weasley, as Pansy had stopped stroking through his locks. She verbally wondered who Draco was staring at, but he wouldn't emit an answer. If he said something that even sounded like the word 'Weasley,' word would get back to his mother or someone, and eventually to the Dark Lord. Draco Malfoy was not about to give up his chance to be an actual Death Eater for no one, not even Pansy Parkinson and her giant mouth.

Sighing, Draco's eyes slowly wandered back towards the Weasley, which was now following a fat wizard, which Draco would learn to be Professor Slughorn.

The rest of the ride went by rather slowly, with Weasley plaguing Draco's innermost thoughts and him wondering why that same fat wizard Weasley was following had invited Zabini to lunch. It was something about Weasley, but he didn't exactly know what. He hated having the youngest Weasley on his mind. It felt like his brain was being polluted with filth and Muggle loving.

Once Zabini returned and informed the group of Slytherin sixth years about the events during Slughorn's lunch, Draco thought things in the compartment were kind of off. For one, he could have sworn he saw the flash of a sneaker whenever Crabbe or Goyle, whichever, fell over in the compartment. Subtle hints told him that there was an uninvited guest with them.

And once everyone left, and Draco was the last person remaining in the compartment, he discovered none other than Harry Potter. A brief reflection ran through his mind. Ginny Weasley, didn't she have a crush or something on Potter? Recalling that made Draco want to ground Potter into a pulp even more. Potter had a gorgeous girl pining for him, someone who would see Draco as only Malfoy, an arrogant asshole.

So Draco broke Potter's nose with his foot, and left him there. If he got rid of Potter, then perhaps, or so Draco thought, he'd have a better chance with Weasley. But then again, a part of him knew that would never happen, and he wouldn't let it happen. This year was dedicated to the Dark Lord. And besides, he'd be disowned for even letting a filthy, destitute Weasley cross his thoughts in the same way he was thinking about Ginny.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.




Draco sat in the Great Hall a month or so later, stirring around food idly in its plate. His cool grey eyes stared straight ahead, unblinking, at the back of Ginerva Weasley's robes. Lately he had been busy with a plan he was concocting, on behalf of the Dark Lord. He was unsure whether it would succeed or not, but for his and his father's sake, he hoped it would.

Ginny had tossed her fiery hair back, laughing at something Potter had said. Draco felt himself scowling. Why couldn't he be the one making her laugh? Fate sure did play wicked tricks. When he was eleven, Draco Malfoy wanted to be Harry Potter, and now, at sixteen, Draco felt as if he wanted to be Potter again, not for the popularity, because he had that, but for the sole fact that conversated with Ginny Weasley.

Damning himself as well as his thoughts, Draco stood up and removed himself to the Great Hall, hoping that if he propelled himself into his big plan, he wouldn't have to think about Ginny Weasley or Harry Potter for that matter.

_

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high.
And I don't think that I'll see her again.
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.


Three months into the school year, with one of Draco's plans involving a cursed necklace falling through, Draco began to work on his next idea for getting rid of a certain wizard. He walked down a dimly lit corridor. He stared ahead, though not paying attention to much. But that all changed when a vision in Hogwarts robes appeared, clad with bright red hair as well a those damned freckles. For that moment in time, Draco Malfoy couldn't tear his eyes away from her.

Ginny Weasley held her books tightly to her chest, and threw her hair behind her as she walked, talking to a bloke with a Muggle camera, Colin Creevey. Her white teeth flashed in a smile, and they seemed to enjoy each other's company.

Draco's pace slowed down for a moment. If only he were able to just reach out and touch her, if only once. It all was a fantasy, though, and he realized that. Ginerva would never allow him to talk to her, much less touch her.

As his eyes took her in totally, Ginny ceased the conversation that she was holding with Colin when she felt as if she were under scrutiny of some sort. Her eyes instantly darted forward, and that's when she saw Draco Malfoy. Cinnamon brown eyes locked on opaque grey ones. Colin continued to babble on about Quidditch as Ginny raised a single thin eyebrow at Draco Malfoy.

“Malfoy,” she said in passing, thinking that he would say something witty about how impoverished her family was, or something about her fancying Harry.

“Weasley,” he drawled, saying nothing more as he passed on by. Hearing her voice was like a sweet poem, and dreaming of her laughter was like a song. Somewhere lying in the back of his head, he knew that he'd remember that simple exchange of words, even if it were nothing more than reciting each other's surnames.

Ginny found herself facinated about Malfoy. Why didn't he insult her? And the way he was staring at her.. She could not get her head around it. Although she knew that she should've thought nothing more of Malfoy's bizarre behavoir, something about him aroused curiosity.

Perhaps this curiosity was because of hearing Harry constantly talk about Malfoy with Hermione and Ron.
Chapter 1 Part 2 by implausible
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.


After the small exchange with Ginny, which resulted in him not even ridiculing her, Draco threw himself into yet another plan. It was around February, and the snow had settled nicely outside of the castle. This was the big one. If his plan succeeded, Hogwarts would be attacked, he'd kill Dumbledore, the Dark Lord would be the most powerful in England, and Draco himself would become the Dark Lord's most loyal and trusted adviser. If the plan did not excel, then Draco would land himself with his father in Azkaban. And that was the last thing he wanted.

Draco barely noticed the Quidditch Cup game approaching. He had skipped so many of the games that he scarcely paid attention to the Quidditch season this year. His plan, as well as his thoughts of Ginny, consumed most of his time. Also, Potter appeared to be aware of the plan, which made Draco a bit more cautious. If Potter found out exactly what Draco was doing, the results wouldn't be pretty. He hadn't even told Crabbe and Goyle about the Dark Lord's plans. Draco Malfoy wanted all the glory to himself.



The day after the Quidditch Cup game, Draco heard gossip that after the Quidditch game, Harry Potter had kissed Ginny Weasley in the Gryffindor common room. Draco didn't want to believe the things being said. It would only make the realization that he had no future with Ginny Weasley a reality. Draco, during those long hours of sitting in the Room of Requirement, had began to imagine a life with Ginerva Weasley at his side. In his fantasy, Ginny had fallen head over heels, hopelessly in love with him, because he was most loyal to the Dark Lord, and in Draco's mind, the position held unsurpassable fame, especially if he succeeded in his plan.

But those thoughts completely turned into dust once Draco witnessed Potter and Ginny holding hands on their way to lunch.

_

More than ever, Draco Malfoy was determined to murder Dumbledore. And with the part of the plan involving the Room of Requirement accomplished, all Draco really had to worry about was planning the perfect evening to do so. Preferably, it would be some time when Dumbledore was alone and outnumbered.

But Draco, when lying down in bed, engulfed with darkness, often feels dejected over Ginny. It was hard to ignore feelings, even for a Malfoy.

_

Finally, that fateful day had arrived. Draco got news of Dumbledore leaving the Hogwarts grounds, probably in search for something to do with the Dark Lord, no doubt. The plan fell into action when the first of the Death Eaters appeared. There were a thousand little golden Snitches zooming around in the pit of Draco Malfoy's abdomen. But he had to be brave. And he had to succeed; Malfoys never failed at anything. And if they did, they bought their way out of it. But there was no money exchanging hands this time. Draco was in a situation where he couldn't back out on, not that he wanted to anyway.

The following events were a blur. There was dueling between the wizards on Dumbledore's side and the wizards on the side of the Dark Lord. Draco Malfoy threw out various curses and hexes. But Draco came to a standstill when he saw Ginny Weasley fighting on behalf of Dumbledore. Sure, he knew which side she and her family were on and everything, but he didn't think that she'd be actually out there, dueling with bigger and more powerful wizards and witches than she. It took nerves. Draco Malfoy admired Ginny's guts.

Ginny's face had taken on the same fierce look she had had when she was hexing whoever it was on the train so many months earlier.

Suddenly, Ginny pointed her wand directly at Draco and shouted out a hex. Draco jumped out of the way, almost shocked that Ginny would try to attack him. In his mind's eye, Ginny was in love with him, (yet she didn't know this yet) and would never want to hurt him.

And in a moment, everything, every single thought that had occurred about the youngest Weasley within the last school year came crashing down. And it dawned on him. Ginerva was on Dumbledore's side. Ginny was dating Harry Potter. Ginny didn't give a damn about Draco in the least.

Nothing else mattered to Draco anymore. He edged himself away from the ongoing duels to go finish off the final deed: killing Dumbledore.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth.
I will never be with you.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4159