A Second Chance by Sloshie
Summary: Ginny deals with the loss of lovers and the complications of a new relationship with Draco. But, will her love for Draco be stronger than the love that she had for a certain someone before he died? Told in Ginny's point of view.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7521 Read: 16266 Published: Feb 26, 2006 Updated: Apr 06, 2006

1. Behind These Hazel Eyes by Sloshie

2. Angel by Sloshie

3. How did I fall in love with you? by Sloshie

4. I need you by Sloshie

5. Someday, Someway by Sloshie

Behind These Hazel Eyes by Sloshie
Author's Notes:
Behind These Hazel Eyes is by Kelly Clarkson.
Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on

“What do you mean ‘it’s over’?” I screamed at Dean as he told me that our relationship was ending. I never expected it to happen like this—actually, I never expected it to happen at all.

“I can’t do this anymore,” Dean said to me, his expression cold and distant. “I don’t love you, Ginny. Not the way Harry did.”

I felt a twinge of guilt. I’d never gotten over Harry since his death.

“I don’t care, Dean,” I explained. “I want you now.”

Dean sighed and shook his head. I immediately felt a wave of agony crash down on me. He’d always been very stubborn and now he was even more so.

“It’s for the best.”

For the best, I thought. Since when was breaking up with someone a week before your wedding ‘for the best’? He was hiding something from me.


Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

“Can’t we just work this out?” I asked him desperately. “Just tell me what’s wrong. I’ll understand...”

Dean looked up at me from the couch with those magnificent eyes. They weren’t their usual sparkling brown today—today they were dull, almost as though the life had been drained from them.

“I want to understand why you’re doing this.” I couldn’t stop the tears that I had been dreading from coming. “Why are you doing this?”

Dean looked down at his feet guiltily. My heart sank. Whatever he was going to tell me was going to be bad. I thought about stopping him from speaking for a moment, afraid of what he might say. But I let him speak to satisfy my curiosity.

“I haven’t been honest with you, Ginny.” He stopped for a moment as though waiting for me to speak. He continued. “I haven’t been going to Auror training.”

“Then what have you been doing?” I slowly asked, my voice cracking.

“I’ve been going to see an old friend—you might remember her—Lavender Brown.”

“Lavender?” I asked, bewildered. “What on earth would you be doing with her?”

The redness in his cheeks answered my question.

“No!” I gasped. “You’ve been sleeping with her? Dean, she has children.…” I couldn’t think of anything else to say to him. The words were tightening in my throat and the tears streamed from my eyes.

I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside
'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on

Dean stood up and took a step toward me. I stepped away. I didn’t want him anywhere near me after he touched her.

“Ginny,” Dean said quietly. “I’m a twenty-six year old man. I have needs. You just weren’t giving me what I needed. Lavender has what I want.”

“Really? You mean three children and a husband? Dean, you have really gone too far this time. What will her children think-“

“They know.”

“What?”

“They know. Lavender’s getting a divorce—“

I stopped him. “How long has this been going on?”

He had to think about it. “About six months.” He chuckled. “I’m like their second father.”

I just stood there. I was unable to think, to breathe. I didn’t know what to do.

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

“Go, Dean,” I managed to whisper a few moments later. “Just leave.”

Dean sighed and walked into our room to pack his things. I walked over to the couch and sat down. I needed to think of what to do next, but I was incapable of thinking. I just sat there for what seemed like an eternity, until Dean came out of the room holding two suit cases. The tears came once again. They were much worse this time. I sat there, sobbing in a child’s endless wails. While I was crying I heard the door shut and he was gone.

Swallow me then spit me out
For hating you, I blame myself
Seeing you it kills me now
No, I don't cry on the outside
Anymore...
Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

I lay crying on that couch for a long time. It seemed like forever before someone came knocking at my door. I was so weak from not eating that I couldn’t get up to answer it.

“Come in,” I called weakly from the couch. I had the feeling that it was going to be my mother having heard about the break up. So, it surprised me when I saw a tall man with light blond hair walking into my apartment. He looked familiar, and yet I didn’t know him. I quickly sat up and ran my hands through my hair.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

The man smiled. “Ginny, don’t you remember? It’s me, Draco.”

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes
Angel by Sloshie
Author's Notes:
Angel is by Amanda Perez.
It's been five months since you went away
You left without a word and nothing to say
When I was the one who gave you my heart and soul
But it wasn't good enough for you, no
So I asked God

“I don’t know what I’d be doing right now if it weren’t for you,” I told Draco as we walked into my apartment after grocery shopping. We had become very good friends over the last few months. His unexpected homecoming had been a shock, but I was so glad that he was back now.

“I do,” he said. “You’d be sitting on your couch eating cookies until you weighed five hundred pounds.”

I laughed. He was right. I tend to eat when I’m depressed. I put the two grocery bags that I was holding on the counter.

“Well, tomorrow we—“ I stopped talking when the phone rang. I sighed and walked over to it. I hated answering the phone. The only people who ever called me on it were Mum and Dad and they usually only called to ask if I’d found a new boyfriend or if I want to come back home.

“Hello?” I said irritably into the phone.

“Um,” said a voice that wasn’t either of my parents. “Hi. Ginny, it’s me…Dean.”

I almost dropped the phone. My mind began to race and I the only thing that I could think was ‘why is he calling me after so long’.

“Hi,” I finally managed to say.

“Uh, we need to talk.”

“I think that’s what we’re doing.”

“Er…yeah. Well, uh, Lavender and I broke up about a week ago. She’s getting back with her husband.”

“Why are you telling me this, Dean?”

“I was wondering if we could get together?”

I would have immediately said yes if Draco hadn’t been staring at me. He was looking at me with such rage on his face that I was afraid to accept Dean’s invitation. But, I thought to myself, why should I accept it? He left me. He slept with another woman. He broke my heart.

God send me an angel
From the heavens above
send me an angel to heal my broken heart
From being in love
'Cause all I do is cry
God send me an angel
To wipe the tears from my eyes

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I said in a whisper.

“Why not?” Dean demanded.

“Because you broke up with me?” I asked, as though I wasn’t sure if it was a good excuse. Because I really wasn’t sure.

“Ginny,” Dean said. “That was four months ago—“

“Five,” I corrected him.

“Whatever. Can’t we just put the past behind us? I miss you.”

Those last three words pushed me over the edge and I started crying. Draco began to walk over to me but I stopped him.

“You don’t miss me,” I said shakily. “You’re just upset because you don’t have a fuck buddy anymore. Well, you know what? You’ll find another one. But it won’t be me because I wouldn’t touch you if you were the last man on Earth!” I slammed the phone down.

Tears were now streaming from my eyes and my hands were shaking. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t speak, I could barely even think. I saw Draco walking toward me again and he embraced me. I held onto him with all of my might. I needed to be comforted.

And I know it might sound crazy
But after all that I still love you
You wanna come back in my life
But now there is something I have to do
I have to tell the one that I once adored
That they can't have my love no more
Cause my heart can't take no more lies
And my eyes are all out of cries
Oh, God

When Draco finally calmed me down he sat me down on one of the chairs in the kitchen and walked over to the coffee maker. I smiled to myself. He was so kind to me. He always put me first.

“I’m sorry about that,” I said about five minutes later when I was able to speak.

“Sorry about what?” he asked.

“About the phone call…about crying…”

“It’s not your fault he called. I’m actually surprised that he had the guts to do it.”

I laughed. “I was thinking that exact same thing. Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“Is it wrong of me to still love him?”

Draco paused.

“I know that I shouldn’t,” I continued. “But I can’t help it.”

“Well,” Draco said. “You did spend four years with him. I guess its okay for you to still love him. But you’re right about one thing.”

“What’s that?”

“You shouldn’t.”

God send me an angel
From the heavens above
send me an angel to heal my broken heart
From being in love
'Cause all I do is cry
God send me an angel
To wipe the tears from my eyes

I looked down at my hands. Draco was right of course. I knew that I shouldn’t love Dean anymore, not after what he did to me. But I just couldn’t help it. Then something struck me. I realized that I hadn’t asked Draco anything about where he’d been for the past six years. I’d told him everything over the past five months and he hadn’t told me one thing.

“Draco,” I began, “where have you been for the past six years? I mean, I tell you everything that happened with me and Harry…and with Dean. So, why haven’t you told me anything about you?”

Draco sighed. “I’ve been trying to avoid it.”

“Why? Do you think I’ll judge you?”

“No, it’s not that…”

“Then what is it? Just tell me, please.”

Draco poured two cups of coffee and came to sit next to me at the table. He handed me my coffee and took a sip of his. I could tell that this was going to be a long story.

Now you had me on my knees
Begging God please to send you back to me
I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep
You made me feel like I could not breathe
Now all I wanted to do was to feel your touch
And give you all my love
But you took my love for granted
Want my lovin' now
But you can't have it
Oh, God

“After the war,” Draco began, “everything changed. I wasn’t the same arrogant git that I used to be. The tragedies of war…changed me. I had nightmares for years about it. I dreamt about fighting Voldemort and watching Harry die again…I just couldn’t stay here. I had to get out.”

Harry and Draco had become friends during the war. Draco had switched sides and gave us information of the whereabouts of Voldemort.

“But it wasn’t you fault that Harry died,” I said.

“Yes it was, Ginny,” Draco whispered. “I was standing right next to him. I could have pushed him out of the way. I could have saved him.”

“But then you would be dead—“

“And you wouldn’t be in so much pain. You’d probably be married to him and have toddlers running around. But that didn’t happen. It will never happen. I ruined your future.”

I bit my lip and did everything I could to hold back tears. I didn’t want to cry—not yet.

“Anyway, I had to get away from here. So, I went to America. I attended a great Auror school and I was happy. But I never stopped thinking about you. I never stopped thinking about what would have happened if I had never left. I decided to come back. I couldn’t go home. I couldn’t face my mum again…”

“But, Draco, you’re her only child. Don’t you think that she needs to see you? She thinks you’re dead.”

“I can’t do it, Ginny.”

“Why not?”

“I just can’t!”

God send me an angel
From the heavens above
send me an angel to heal my broken heart
From being in love
'Cause all I do is cry
God send me an angel
To wipe the tears from my eyes

Draco was the first to break down. He put his hands over his face and began to cry. My heart broke with every jagged breath he took and soon we were crying together, holding each other. Draco had a way of making me feel like it was ok to show my true feelings. I wasn’t afraid to let him know how I felt. And at that moment I knew that he was sent to me to help me with everything. He was my guardian angel.

Oh God, send me (God send me an angel)
An angel (wipe the tears from my eyes) Oh baby
send me an angel from the heavens above
send me an angel (God send me an angel)
From being in love (send me an angel)
Oh God, send me an angel
send me an angel (send me an angel)
Ooohhhh..
How did I fall in love with you? by Sloshie
Disclaimer: The characters belong to J. K. Rowling.

Author's notes: I had recently deleted a chapter to this story because I didn't like the way I was going with it. Well, I have written a new one in place of the one I'd deleted. I hope you like it! "How did I fall in love with you?" is by The Backstreet Boys. Oh! And please review! Thanks!
******

Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends like
Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be,
Alone

It had been about three months since Dean’s phone call when Draco started acting strange. He was often rude to me, and he never helped me clean around the house like he used to. I was beginning to worry about him. At first I thought that maybe I’d done something wrong, but I hadn’t done anything at all. One night when we were watching a movie, much to Draco’s fascination, I confronted him.

“Draco,” I began. “What’s been bothering you lately? You seem so…distant.”

“Nothing’s bothering me,” Draco answered, staring at the television. “I’m fine.”

I rolled my eyes and turned around in my seat to face him. “Something is bothering you. I can see it in your eyes. Just tell me and—“

Suddenly Draco stood up and threw a glass against the wall. The glass shattered, causing me to jump. I looked up at him, confused. “Damn it, Ginny,” Draco said with his head down. “I think…I mean I know I’m…in love with you.”

Those days are gone, and I want so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
I never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be
Alone tonight

Much to mine and Draco’s surprise I started laughing. I don’t know what came over me. Maybe it was just relief that it wasn’t something worse. I looked up at Draco and saw that he had a look of utter confusion on his face.

“You can’t be serious!” I exclaimed. “How can you love me? You’ve only been here for a few months—“

“I’ve always loved you,” Draco interrupted. I swear, my heart stopped beating, I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t understand how he could just not tell me something like this. When I feel something, I have to let the world know. It shocks me that people can hold something in for such a long time—especially something that was this big.

“I’ve loved you,” Draco continued, “since the moment I saw you. I mean, it wasn’t as strong at first, you were only a child…but it was still there. Every time I saw you…I tried to make myself hate you so that these feelings would go away. But they only increased. And when you became engaged to Harry…I was so jealous. I’ve never felt like this before. And I don’t know what I should be doing about it.”

I was staring at Draco in disbelief. All these things he was telling me—I just couldn’t absorb it. I sat there, on the couch, staring at him for the longest time. Then, something came over me. I felt that fluttery feeling inside my stomach and it rose to my throat, stopping my breath. I was undoubtedly in love with Draco.

What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

“I’m in love with you too,” I whispered. I was more scared at that moment than I had ever been in my entire life. I didn’t know how Draco was going to react. I was afraid of how he’d react. Before I had time to even gather all of my thoughts Draco was practically on top of me and kissing me with such a passion that I had never experienced before.

I barely even noticed when Draco lifted me off the couch. I could feel my legs wrap around him as he staggered slightly against my weight. Somehow we ended up in the spare bedroom, which was now Draco’s, and we were kissing more passionately than before. I gasped as Draco gently lay me down on the bed. He looked down at me, his eyes hungry. My heart began to race as he unbuttoned his shirt. I felt the muscles in my chest tighten as he carefully climbed on top of me. He began by kissing my neck and I could no longer logically control the situation. I was lost in the moment.

Draco’s breathing was very heavy, I noticed, as he lifted my shirt off and then my bra. He stared at my breasts for a moment then he looked into my eyes. His eyes were shining magnificently gray in the lighting of the room. Draco smiled and kissed me again. I ran my hands down his bare back, noting that his skin was cold against my touch. Then, feeling totally out of control, I reached for his pants and unbuttoned them. After fumbling a little bit I managed to get them off. I put my hands against Draco’s chest and heard him moan against my cheek. He then began to run his hand up my skirt and I moaned as well. We got lost in each other that night and, together, the two of us became one.

I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble
I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be,
Alone tonight
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

Draco and I lay in each others' arms hours later. I didn’t want the night to end and I know he didn’t either. I hadn’t felt that loved by anyone in a long time. He and I both needed that closeness to finally realize what we truly wanted. And what we wanted was each other. There was no turning back now. Only time would tell what lay ahead. But I could only hope that there would be good things to come.

Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah
I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I wanna spend
The rest of my life
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
Everything's changed, we never knew
How did I fall,
in love ,
with you?
I need you by Sloshie
Disclaimer: The Characters, places, etc. Belong to J. K. Rowling.

Author’s notes: “I need you” is by Leanne Rimes. Enjoy and please review!
******


I don't need a lot of things
I can get by with nothing
Of all the blessings life can bring
I've always needed something
But I've got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You're my only reason
You're my only truth

I smiled with excitement as I held Draco’s hand and we stared up at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We had been invited there for our ten year reunion but had arrived early so that we could have a look around. It had been so long since either of us had been there. I knew that Draco was just as excited as I was. After staring at the building for what seemed like an eternity I saw a man walking toward us. He wasn’t very tall and he was slightly chubby. I smiled when he was close enough that I could see his face clearly.

“Neville!” I exclaimed and, letting go of Draco’s hand, I ran to give him a hug. I was in tears when I finally let go of him. “I didn’t expect to see you here so early! It’s been too long,” I said.

“It has indeed,” he said. Then he looked at Draco and back at me. “Where’s Dean?”

I felt myself blush. “We broke up,” I explained. “About a year ago.”

“Wow,” Neville said. “I had no idea. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’m with Draco now.”

Neville’s jaw dropped and he looked at Draco as though realizing who he was.

“Draco?” Neville’s expression was shocked. “I thought you were—we all thought you were…dead.”

“Nope,” Draco shrugged. “I’m alive.”

Neville walked up to Draco and put his hand out. Draco took it and smiled at Neville. My excitement got the best of me then and I couldn’t stay outside anymore.

“Let’s look around some!” I practically squealed. “It’s been such a long time, I can hardly remember what the place looks like!”

“Yes,” Neville said, “We should take a quick walk around.”

I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you

After we walked around the castle we made our way inside. It was warm and inviting in the castle, just as I had remembered it. We walked down the familiar corridors and into old classrooms. One classroom really caught my attention. It was the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom. I remembered that it had been Harry’s favorite class when he was at Hogwarts. I walked into the room and looked around. It was much different than when I had attended.

“I remember this room,” I heard Neville say to Draco. “It wasn’t one of my favorite classes. I believe that Lavender Brown teaches Defense against the Dark Arts now.”

I turned to Neville and looked at him with wide eyes. “Lavender teaches Defense against the Dark Arts?”

“Yes,” Neville said, “But she is…”

I didn’t hear anything else Neville said, for something on the desk in the front of the room caught my eye. It was a picture in a golden frame. It was a picture of all of the Weasley children, Neville, Luna, Draco, Harry, and me standing in a group laughing. It had been taken right before the final battle. We had been the last surviving members of the Order. I automatically grabbed the picture from the desk and traced my fingers along Harry and me—we were embracing and smiling wider than the rest. Tears came to my eyes and fell down my face. I was crying because I missed Harry deeply. But I was also crying because I was angry with myself for not missing the others as much. I suddenly remembered that Draco and Neville were in the room with me. I put the picture back on the desk and wiped my eyes.

“I’m sorry,” I said. “I shouldn’t have cried.”

Draco looked as though he could cry as well. He had a look of pity and fear on his face. He suddenly stood up and walked out of the room.

I turned to Neville. “Why did he leave?”

Neville looked startled. “Well, you did say ‘I love you, Harry’.”

I gasped. “Did I?”

Neville sighed. “Everyone knows that you never got over him.”

“But it’s been almost seven years. I should be over him… shouldn’t I?”

“Sometimes the heart refuses to let go.”

I smiled slightly. I knew that he was referring to Luna. She, also, had died during the final battle.

“I just can’t seem to let him go,” I continued. “I love Draco. I really do. But I’ll never love him the way I loved Harry. I’ll never love anyone that much.” I paused. “You know, we were secretly engaged.”

“Were you?”

“Mm-hmm, we were going to get married once the battle was over. But…”

Neville nodded. He understood exactly what I was going through. He and Luna had already been married though, with a baby on the way, when Luna died.

“Well,” Neville said, standing up. “You’d better find Draco. He needs you to explain everything to him.”

I shook my head. “He’s been acting so odd lately,” I said, “He’s been coming and going for the past two weeks. Something is wrong with him.” I stood up from the chair and began to walk to the door.

“Neville,” I said before I opened the door.

“Yes?”

“Thank you for understanding.” And I left.

You're the hope that moves me
To courage again
You're the love that rescues me
When the cold winds, rage
And it's so amazing
'Cause that's just how you are
And I can't turn back now
'Cause you've brought me too far

I found myself standing out across the lake hours later. I hadn’t found Draco yet. But I was debating what I would say to him. I did love him. Even if I did love Harry more it didn’t matter, because Harry was dead and Draco was alive. I made up my mind. I was going to be with Draco. I began to walk back into the warm castle but something stopped me. Something told me that Draco wouldn’t be there. An invisible force was somehow leading me to the Quidditch pitch—the place where Harry, and so many others, had died.

When I reached it I was filled with a terrible sadness. It seemed so dark and cold, even though the sun was shining brightly upon it. I could see small wooden crosses in the ground—memorials for the people who died. There had to be a hundred of them outside of the Quidditch pitch alone. It was obvious that Quidditch was no longer played here—something that I would have to change in memory of Harry who loved the sport so much. I held my breath as I entered the pitch. I could see Draco standing in the middle of it. He was looking at Harry’s cross. As I got closer I could read the inscription on it.

“Harry Potter,” it said. “The boy who lived: the man who saved the world.”

Tears filled my eyes as I remembered that night. I had been running towards Harry and Draco to help when Voldemort and Harry both did the killing curse. I closed my eyes and could see the exact scene display before me.

Harry had fallen to the ground and I ran to him, screaming. I fell to the ground next to him and cradled him in my arms. I saw Draco staring down with a look of regret in his eyes that, at the time, I didn’t understand. People gathered around us crying and celebrating. I opened my eyes, no longer wanting to remember. I stood next to Draco. He still stared down at the cross.

“Ginny,” He said after what seemed like an eternity. “I sent someone back in time. I sent them to give me a letter. They’re back now, but you need to go too.”

“What are you talking about?” Fear began to flow through my veins. His voice had sounded so afraid.

“Just trust me. You need to go back to that night.” Draco reached into his pocket and pulled out a time-turner. “You do know how to use one of these? I thought so.”

I took the time-turner and looked at him questioningly.

“Just listen to what I say,” Draco was crying now. “You will go back to the night of the battle. But you need to hide behind the staircase over there—“He pointed westward. “And do not let anyone see you or this will not work.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I will see you there, but I won’t be here when you get back. Know that I will always love you, now go.”

I looked into Draco’s eyes. He let no emotion show. I gently ran my fingers along his jaw and walked away. Once I was under the staircase I took a deep breath and began to turn the time-turner.

I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you
Oh yes I do

I arrived to the sound of screaming. Everyone was screaming. I could see people in black cloaks and others in red robes. I saw a few familiar faces—Lavender Brown, Parvati and Padma Patil. I noticed that none of the Order was there like they had been the first time, except for my past self. But the people that I paid the most attention to were three that were standing in the middle of the pitch. Voldemort was laughing and had his wand risen toward Harry. Harry was in the same stance with a look of pure hatred on his face. I was close enough to hear what they were saying.

“I have you now, Potter!” Voldemort yelled above the screaming. “Your little friend here has been of great assistance to me. He told me exactly what I needed to do to corner you like this,” Voldemort laughed. “So much for loyalty.”

Harry’s eyes flickered to Draco’s and then back to Voldemort. At that moment I could have sworn that I saw Draco look at me and wink.

Then I heard it. Voldemort yelled ‘Avada Kedavra’. I watched in horror as Draco jumped in front of Harry. And I nearly screamed as his body fell to the ground. Harry was screaming and Voldemort was staring in shock. Harry looked up at Voldemort, wand still out, and yelled the same killing curse. Then everything was silent and the ground around me began to shake. Tears were streaming down my face. I looked around me. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Many of the Death Eaters were fleeing the scene or staring stupidly at their fallen master. I saw my past self running toward Harry and embracing him, tears running down my face. I saw everything, yet I heard nothing. I closed my eyes, afraid of what would happen. Then I slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
And it carries me through
I need you
Oh yes I do
I need you
Someday, Someway by Sloshie
Disclaimer: Not mine...

Author's notes: Only one more chapter to go! Enjoy! And please review!
******


Some,
Someday
Some,
Someway
I'll understand
I can’t stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
You can't tell me what you mean
All I can do is wonder why

I opened my eyes to a place I didn’t know. There was light coming in through a large round window to the left of me. I slowly sat up and glanced around. I was lying in a large bed. The blankets were large and covered in rose designs of every shade of pink imaginable. The walls were painted a snowy white and the carpets matched. It was the most beautiful bedroom I had ever seen. I threw the covers off of myself and stepped onto the floor. I then realized that I was wearing only a sheer nightgown and underwear. I looked around, trying to find a closet. I found one at the southern end of the room—it was much larger than I thought. I walked into the closet and turned on the light. My jaw dropped.

It was the biggest closet I had ever seen. One half of it was filled with women’s clothing and the other with men’s. I grabbed a robe, hoping that the owner wouldn’t mind my borrowing it, and put it on. I walked out of the closet and was about to exit the room when I noticed some pictures on a cherry dresser. I walked towards the dresser and picked up one of the photos. I nearly dropped it in shock. It was a photo of Harry. He was smiling and holding a tiny infant in his arms. The Harry in the picture waved up at me. I sat the picture down and grabbed another one. This one was a family photo. Harry and I were standing behind two small children; one a girl and one a boy. They couldn’t be but three and five years old. As I looked at these photos my heart began to fill with a love that I had never known before. That’s when it hit me. I was dreaming. Everything that had happened with Draco had been a dream. I was still home, safe in my bed with him.

Then I did something very stupid—I slapped myself. When I didn’t wake up I knew—Draco had died.

Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe I'll understand you

I allowed myself to sit down on the edge of the bed—apparently it was mine anyway. I thought about standing in the quidditch pitch and talking to Draco. He had said that he wouldn’t see me again when I got back. Slowly, everything began to sink in. Draco had given up his life so that I could be happy. He knew that I would never be truly happy unless I was with Harry. He did the impossible. He brought me back to Harry and I loved him even more than ever for that. Then I realized where I must be. This was our home—mine and Harry’s. He had to be somewhere close by. I stood up, looked in the mirror, ran my fingers through my hair, and walked out of the bedroom.

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you
Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe you'll understand me

I ran into a large oval shaped room. It was painted in soft blue colors with mahogany rafters reaching up to a peak in the ceiling where a sparkling chandelier hung down. There was a white leather couch and matching chair sitting on top of an ancient looking rug. I looked around me and saw the biggest fireplace I had ever seen. It was made of a light gray stone that was filled with rainbow colors from the light that the chandelier was reflecting. While I admired the beauty I almost forgot what my mission had been. I suddenly realized that I had no idea where to look. I didn’t even know where to start looking.

I sighed and collapsed on the white chair in the center of the room. I was so distraught that I didn’t hear the footsteps coming toward me.

“Ginny,” said a familiar voice.

I looked up to see Harry Potter standing above me. My heart stopped. He looked so much different. He was still handsome, but his features were slightly older—a little worn from battle. Tears began to fill my eyes and I jumped up and threw myself on him knocking us both down.

Harry laughed. “I’m glad to see you, too,” He joked.

I ignored him and immediately kissed his soft lips—something that I had waited to do for nearly seven years. I didn’t want to pull away but I made myself look at him. Tears were now streaming down my face.

“I love you,” I whispered. “I love you so much.”

Harry smiled. “Did you miss me?” He asked.

I stared at him, confused. How did he know?

Harry laughed at my bewildered expression. “I know everything, Ginny. Draco sent himself back in time. He caught up with me right before the final battle and told me what was going on in the future. I will admit I was angry. I mean, he and I had been best friends before the war. I didn’t understand why he would sell me out to Voldemort like that. But, what he did for us…I could never be grateful enough.”

I stared down at Harry’s face and slowly pushed myself off of him. I felt something much deeper than butterflies in my stomach as Harry put his hand on my waist to help me up.

“Draco,” I whispered, tears coming to my eyes once more. “He loved me so much that he was willing…he was willing to… die, so that I would be happy.”

Harry was now standing next to me, ushering me back into the chair.

“I know,” He said. “I miss him too. But he did it so that we could have a future together; A future that he would have taken from us.”

I smiled. “He made it right. He knew that what he did was wrong and he went back and made it right.”

“He didn’t just save us, you know.”

“What?”

“He saved all of the Weasleys and Hermione as well. He also saved Luna. She and Neville are married now. They both teach at Hogwarts. Hermione is married to Ron. Fred and George even managed to settle down.”

I suddenly remembered something. “We have children?” I asked.

“Yes,” Harry answered with a smile. “Isabella Rose is turning six next week and James Draco just turned four.”

I sniffed. “What beautiful names…”

“Well,” Harry said. “You named them. Would you like to meet them?”

I simply nodded. Harry grabbed my hand and led me away from the spacious room.

You've taken it away from me
I've taken it away from you
I love you and out of all I'm true
After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you

My heart was beating fast as Harry led me out to the back yard. The landscaping was lovely. Roses were everywhere. I stopped breathing when I saw two tiny people playing with toy brooms. My eyes began to fill with tears again as I watched MY children play.

“Bella, James!” Harry called to them. “Mummy wants to see you!”

I smiled widely as the children’s eyes lit up and they ran towards me. I bent down to embrace the two children. I kissed each of their heads and then pushed them away slightly. Isabella was lovely. She looked just like her father—jet-black hair and emerald green eyes. Ron looked more like me—bright red hair, but he also had his father’s green eyes.

“Why are you crying mummy?” Isabella asked in a sweet angelic voice.

“I’m just very happy to see you,” I said.

Harry and I played with the children for hours after that. We eventually had to stop because it was dinner time. We all sat down at the small table in the kitchen. After supper Harry and I tucked the kids in bed and went to our room together.

Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway maybe I'll understand you
You've taken it away from me
I've taken it away from you
I love you and out of all I'm true
I cant stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
You can't tell me what you mean
All I can do is wonder why

When Harry and I were changed into out pajamas we lay down in bed staring at the ceiling. There was something that I had on my mind; something that I wanted to do. But Harry didn’t seem to want to, so I didn’t push it right away.

“Harry,” I said after a while. “Don’t you want to make love?”

Harry turned over to look at me. “I wasn’t sure if you wanted to.”

“Harry,” I said quietly. “I haven’t seen you in almost seven years. I watched you die in the quidditch pitch. For months the only thing I ever thought about was that I would never be able to touch you, to feel your skin on mine, to be one with you. I love you so much. I need this now.”

Harry smiled at me and brushed a stand of my hair out of my face. He inched himself closer to me, already breathing heavily. He then softly kissed my lips and I opened my mouth beneath them. The last logical thought I had was ‘thank you, Draco, for giving me this’. Harry and I spent a blissful night together. It was out first time—well, sort of—and I knew that it wouldn’t be our last.

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you
Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe I'll understand you
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4225