Breaking the Habit by secretkeeper
Summary: One sentence was all it took to take away all that had been stable in my life. One sentence was all it took to bring back all that had broken in my life. Two sentences was all it took to tear away all that I had left. Two sentences was all it took to give me everything I ever wanted. Three sentences was all it took to kill me. Three sentences was all it took to save me.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 318 Read: 2705 Published: Oct 02, 2006 Updated: Oct 03, 2006

1. Breaking the Habit by secretkeeper

Breaking the Habit by secretkeeper
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Story title 'Breaking the habit' is from the Linkin Park song of the same name, because I have no imagination. All characters belong to J.K.Rowling.

AN: You can take this in whatever context you want, make the story end however you want, I was just suddenly inspired to write this after reading 'Faults' by Burning Sky on HPFF.
I love you.

The whispered sin. The one thing we promised never to say. How he threw away the boundries we set, with one sentence. One sentence was all it took to take away all that had been stable in my life.

I hate you.

How that ripped me inside. I’d finally told her, broken everything we had agreed on, just to tell her. The way she replied, I could feel my fragile soul tear with one sentence. One sentence was all it took to bring back all that had broken in my life.

I always will.

No. He can’t. I’m not worthy of love, I’ve betrayed him, playing with his emotions and using all he lets spill under the sheets against him. The torment of this relationship has gone on long enough, and more than one thing shall be broken when I finish. Two sentences was all it took to tear away all that I had left.

I never have.

I know. She’ll never love me, I’m just a puppet to be brought out and played with when she wants it. And that’s all I want. Two sentences was all it took to give me everything I ever wanted.

I’ll be with you, forever.

The one thing I want most, yet fear more than anything. The pain that has been inflicted upon both of us by our joining, will cause everything to break down. Only one of us will win, the other broken for all eternity. Three sentences was all it took to kill me.

I never want to see you again.

And that will be my final gift to her. The gift of never seeing something that she wants so bad. This will be my final way of telling her the one thing we promised we would never say. Three sentences was all it took to save me.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4789