What Draco Knows About Red Lipstick by draconis major
Summary: Draco was in America and Ginny was in England, it ended soon after that.

Two years later Ginny is trying to get plastered in the Leaky Cauldron when Draco finds her and reminds her of what she's been missing.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2348 Read: 3667 Published: Nov 10, 2007 Updated: Nov 10, 2007

1. Chapter 1 by draconis major

Chapter 1 by draconis major
Author's Notes:
A simple one-shot written in about an hour. Hope you like.
26-year-old Ginny Weasley was sitting in a pub by herself; she had just left a first date with Ted, the most boring individual ever to grace this earth.

She had wanted to throttle herself the minute he opened his mouth. All he talked about was his oh-so-exciting job as a Potions Supply Dehydrator; it was like being on a date with Percy the cauldron guru. She felt a little bad because Ted had taken her out to one of the most expensive restaurants in Muggle London, but she just couldn’t take him. Sure, he was nice, but he was so boring she had practically fallen asleep during the appetizers. She had left soon afterward, faking a fever and saying that she had woken up feeling a little woozy. Ted wanted to take her home but she insisted that he stay and finish his meal because it was almost impossible to get reservations at the restaurant. He finally gave in to her and let her leave by herself after they exchanged an awkward hug.

Ginny had practically sprinted to the Leaky Cauldron in her four-inch heels. God did she need a Firewhiskey. She quickly made her way into the pub and ordered an entire bottle of the fiery liquid and a room for later; she figured that when she was too drunk to Apparate home she could just wobble her way upstairs with the help of Tom the landlord. Clutching her bottle by the neck she grabbed a shot glass and made her way to the back of the pub where she could sit and get plastered in peace. What she wasn’t expecting, however, was to be downing her third shot when a tall body came and blocked her light. She looked up, exasperated, and, seeing who it was, gagged on her drink.

“Hello, Ginny,” said a male voice that would make any other woman swoon.

Ginny could feel her face growing red as she tried to stifle her coughing. Finally she was able to choke out, “Go away, Draco.”

“Can I talk to you?” Draco asked with a small smile.

“No. I’ve got a bottle of Firewhiskey and I plan on drinking until I think Tom’s sexy. Now go away,” Ginny said with malice in her voice.

Draco looked over his shoulder to the haggard old Tom drying glasses. “I think you might need a few more bottles for that, Angel.”

Ginny, who had been pouring another shot, sloshed some Firewhiskey on the table. “Do not call me that, Draco,” Ginny said through gritted teeth. “As for the matter of Tom’s sex appeal, that is a risk I am willing to take.”

Draco smiled and nodded at the chair across from her. “Is someone sitting here?”

Ginny downed another shot and said, “Yes, my husband.”

Draco sat down anyway and grabbed Ginny’s bottle. “You are not married, Angel.”

“Draco, do not call me that. How do you know I’m not married?” Ginny grabbed her bottle back and took a long gulp.

“Because you are wearing your first date clothes,” Draco said matter-of-factly.

Ginny looked at him with her eyebrows raised. “My first date clothes?”

Draco grabbed the bottle back. “Yes. Your hair’s down, you’ve got four inch heels on, you are wearing that dress that I love, but most of all, you are wearing red lipstick.”

Ginny’s eyes were wide.

“Don’t look at me like that, Ginny. In the four years that we dated you wore that lipstick twice: once on our first date and once when I took you to meet my friends. I admit I was a little offended by the latter, it seemed like you wanted to pick up one of my friends, but I later figured out that you were doing it for my benefit, showing everyone just how hot you were and just how lucky I was to have you.”

Ginny’s shock had worn away and she said softly, “You are more perceptive than I gave you credit for.”

“Thank you,” Draco said with a small smile. “Can I talk with you,” Draco asked again.

“What exactly would you call what we’re doing now?” Ginny asked her voice heavy with sarcasm.

“I call it small talk,” Draco said taking a long swig out of the bottle. “I want to have a real conversation with you and I can’t do with all of these drunken morons around.”

Ginny’s tone was sharp when she said, “There is nothing that you can say to me that you can’t say in front of the drunken morons because we are not having that conversation. End of discussion. Leave now before I am forced to bodily remove you from the premises.”

“Ginny,” Draco said with his patience waning, “it is blatantly obvious that we need to talk. Why else would you be here drinking Firewhiskey with a rented room?”

Ginny was raising the bottle to her lips, but slowly brought it back down to the table at his words. “You…re-re-rem…” she choked on the last word.

“Yes, Ginny, I remember.” Draco’s smile was stiff. “I’ll admit it is a wonder after the amount of whiskey we drank that night and the amount I’ve had trying to forget about you, but there are some things you can’t let go of.

“Ginny, I’ve thought about no other woman but you for the last two years. Do you know how hard that’s been for me? Every night, I am unable to fall asleep because of the bright red light shining in my eyes.” Draco’s tone had turned pleading. “Please let me talk to you. I know you have a room because I see the key on the table and I only need a few minutes.”

Ginny’s hard expression hadn’t changed, but it was impossible for her insides to be unaffected by his soliloquy, because she felt the same way. “Fine,” she said with a locked jaw, “but you only get three minutes.” Ginny dropped the bottle on the table, grabbed the key, and made her way up the stairs. She made no motion for Draco to follow her and heard no sounds behind her, but she knew he was there. The level of stealth and silence he possessed at all times was by no doubt astonishing, but the power that his mere presence had on her was slightly unnerving.

Ginny walked to room 6 and stopped in front of the door. She heard the sharp intake of breath from behind her and closed her eyes; she knew what Draco was thinking before he voiced it. “Tell me, is this a coincidence or did you ask?”

Ginny bent her head and said quietly, “I asked.”

“That’s what I thought. Now, are you going to open it?”

Ginny brought the key up to the door and slowly opened it. She let the door swing open and looked at the too familiar room. She felt Draco’s large hands on her hips and bent back into him without any consent from her brain, realizing this she straightened her back as he gently pushed her into the room and closed the door with his foot. Ginny walked out of his grasp and made her way to look out the window, watching the people outside make their way slowly up the street. She saw Draco’s tall form walk up next to her out of the corner of her eye.

“Ginny,” he said softly, “I’m sorry.”

She quickly turned with her expression fierce. “‘I’m sorry’. That’s all you have to say. The first time I’ve seen you in two years and all you can say is ‘I’m sorry’. Not, ‘I know I’m a cheating scumbag who was sleeping around with an American hooker with big, fake boobs and big, fake, blonde hair?’” Ginny was fuming by this point. “I can’t believe you. I thought you would have something a little smarter than that to say, or at least more than two words.”

Draco closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “Gin, please just listen to me. I just need you to let me talk and we’ll work this out.” Ginny nodded with her jaw locked like she was physically stopping herself from speaking. “Okay. Do you want to sit down?” Ginny walked over to the small sofa and sat down, her arms crossed in defiance. Draco sat down next to her and took a deep breath. “Gin, I know I’m a cheating scumbag who was sleeping around with an American hooker with big, fake boobs and big, fake, blonde hair.” The side of Ginny’s mouth twitched in a suppressed smile and her jaw loosened somewhat. Draco smiled at the fact that he had gotten inside her and continued, “You have to understand, Gin. When I was in America I didn’t hear from you for six months. Half a year and not one letter or phone call – and don’t try and tell me you don’t know how to use a phone – how was I supposed to feel? I wrote you every week for three months, and when I hadn’t gotten one response I stopped. I didn’t know what happened and I still don’t. I kept mailing them to the Burrow with the Floo Network and nothing happened.” At this point Ginny started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” Draco asked with newly acquired rage.

Ginny wiped her eyes and said, “My parents sold The Burrow the week that you left, there just wasn't enough room for their rapidly growing family. The new owners must have been a little confused when letters that weren’t for them came every week.”

Draco’s expression was blank. “Your parents sold The Burrow. I was sending letters to people who I didn’t even know. Well, if you didn’t get mine how come I didn’t get yours?”

Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know, I kept sending them to Harvard like you told me. I thought you were ignoring me so I stopped after two months.”

This time it was Draco’s time to laugh. “I wasn’t at Harvard, I was at Georgetown.”

“But you told me Harvard.”

“I thought I told you that I’d changed schools.”

Ginny shook her head slowly. “Apparently not.”

Draco smiled and said, “I thought I had.” Then he said softly, “Gin, do you know what I’ve wanted to do for two years?”

“No.” Ginny replied.

Draco placed his hands on the sides of Ginny’s face and stroked her cheeks with his thumbs.

Ginny had frozen up when Draco touched her and when he was about to bring his lips to hers she said gruffly, “Try it and I will bite you!”

Draco smiled and said, “If you were going to bite me you wouldn’t have warned me, would you?”

“Find out!” Ginny snarled.

He moved a little closer and Ginny lashed out at him, closing her jaws swiftly. Draco moved back but quickly moved forward before Ginny could react, locking their mouths together and kissing her fiercely. Ginny tried to fight him but soon gave in, moaning into his mouth. His kiss was just as she had remembered, strong but sweet, and so amazing she couldn’t even remember why she had ever broken up with him. But then the memory clicked back into place and the picture of a busty blonde with Draco’s mouth latched onto her neck came into Ginny’s mind. Ginny growled and pushed back with all of her might. She jumped off of the couch and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, trying to forget how good the kiss was.

“What’s wrong,” Draco asked, getting up and walking to her.

Ginny held up a hand and said, “Not one more step, Draco.” Draco smirked and walked closer. “Draco…” Ginny warned, but he still went closer.

“You know you want to kiss me, Angel,” Draco said in a husky voice.

“Shut up, you!” Ginny yelled.

Draco’s smirk grew and he walked up to her, wrapping an arm around her waist and pushing their bodies together. He moved his face in to kiss her but she turned her head away. This was the reaction Draco had been counting on and he bent down to kiss her neck, knowing that she would turn into pudding when he did this. And, just as he had planned, Ginny melted in his arms, giving him the opportunity to pick her up and carry her to the bed. He placed her on the edge of the bed and stood over her.

She turned head with a look of pure ecstasy in her eyes, remembering only too well the last time they had been here. Ginny looked into his eyes and wrapped her legs around his, pulling him on top of herself. Their mouths met and they began to kiss passionately. Ginny wound her hands into the hair at the base of his neck and rolled them over so she was on top. She kissed him softly then crawled off him to the middle of the bed, laying down with her hair fanning out over the scruffy pillows. She watched his eyes appraise her before he crawled over to her, sticking his knee between her legs, he looked at her quickly before he forced his mouth upon hers. Ginny’s body responded to him just like it had the first time and she bent her pelvis up into his as she slipped his black jumper over his head, revealing his pale chest. Ginny flipped them again and straddled his waist, her eyes wandering over his torso. She ripped the dress off her body and unbuckled his pants. Then, still wearing her four-inch heels, she dove into the experience she had been waiting two years to relive.

~End~
End Notes:
Please review.

ps- Yes, the 'bite you' line is from 'Gangs of New York'. What can I say, I love the movie?
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=5776