Phantasmagoria by Indigo Child
Past Featured StorySummary: Draco is haunted by night terrors and music he hears in the night. He soon discovers that through the gift of music he can find a love that will stand the tests of jealousy, tragedy and a potential destiny to come. A/N: Written BEFORE OoTP
Categories: Long and Completed Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 30514 Read: 12833 Published: May 08, 2004 Updated: May 08, 2004

1. Prologue: Just Breathe by Indigo Child

2. Ch1: Obessions by Indigo Child

3. Ch2: Shadows by Indigo Child

4. Ch3: Insults and Injury by Indigo Child

5. Ch4: Commonalities by Indigo Child

6. Ch5: Hidden Passions by Indigo Child

7. Ch6: Secrets Are Not Sacred by Indigo Child

8. Ch7: Outings and Enemies by Indigo Child

9. Ch8: The Hero, The Villain by Indigo Child

10. Ch9: Holiday Plans by Indigo Child

11. Ch10: Animagus (part 1) by Indigo Child

12. Ch11: Animagus (part 2) by Indigo Child

13. Ch12: Horrible Threats and Unlikely Pairs by Indigo Child

14. Ch13: Secrets Unspoken by Indigo Child

15. Ch14: Delusions and Confrontations by Indigo Child

16. Ch15: A Tragic Happenstance by Indigo Child

17. Ch16: Overcoming Obstacles by Indigo Child

18. Epilogue: After the Great Wizarding War by Indigo Child

Prologue: Just Breathe by Indigo Child
Prologue: Just Breathe


Draco Malfoy awoke gasping deeply and desperately for any breath of air that would enter into his lungs. His lungs felt as if they were collapsing in on themselves… as if all the air was being taken away. It seemed like an eternity before his lungs could actually intake the precious air allowing him to breathe normally once again.

The silvery blond placed his hand over his chest as if to convince himself that he was indeed breathing and that his lungs were not damaged in any way. He could feel his heart racing in fear as if it would beat out of his chest. Suddenly, he broke out into a cold sweat.

As he climbed out of bed, a slight dizziness overtook him for a moment causing him to grab onto one of the posts of his bed for balance. Once the moment passed, he put on his black slippers and black night robe and quietly walked over to the window of his private room.

It was times like these that he was indeed grateful that he now had a private bedroom of his own. He did not like these nighttime episodes he was having and they were becoming more and more frequent as the days went by.

~~~

It was Draco’s seventh and final year at Hogwarts. He had been stripped of the title of prefect during his sixth year after he was deliberately caught using his “power” in order to get certain students… namely Harry Potter and pals… into trouble. His plan had backfired miserably and he had to step down from being the Slytherin prefect. It was quite humiliating and his father, Lucius Malfoy, was infuriated with him as a result.

“Battles must be chosen carefully, Draco… you pick and choose such that you always have the advantage in the end.” Draco remembered his father’s words as clear as crystal. After the lecture, he received a punishment that he was sure most normal students never even dreamed of experiencing… it was far worse than anything even Delores Umbridge could think up.

The Cruciatus Curse. Never before had Draco felt such immense pain… he would take a beating by his father any day… for he had indeed been through the likes of that before and therefore knew the differences.

It was not long after his “prefect incident” that Draco’s father demanded that he receive a private room of his own. At first, Draco thought it rather odd that his father make such a request… it seemed an honour and a privilege to have a private room and he thought that his father was furious with him.

Eventually, Draco learned that his father’s request for the room had absolutely nothing to do with his losing his privileges of being prefect. Rather, it had to do with Lucius’s future plans for him… plans for him to join The Dark Lord’s inner circle of loyal followers… plans for him to become a Death-Eater.

Draco held many of the same beliefs as his father, but he in no way whatsoever wanted to become a Death-Eater. Yes, he enjoyed his private room, but he did not enjoy the late night calls that his father would make in his fireplace informing him of things to come, especially now that he was in his seventh year… informing him of his initiation.

~~~

The night air was cool and refreshing and soon all thoughts of Death-Eaters and initiations were out of Draco’s mind. Suddenly, his stomach rumbled rather loudly.

Draco frowned and then smirked to himself, “Figures,” he muttered.

At that moment, he decided to make a special trip down to the kitchens in order to get a late night snack. He just hoped that he could avoid any interactions with Dobby, his family’s ex- House Elf. He was sure that if Dobby saw him trying to get food, he would certainly be denied.

“I’ll use force if I have to… after all, I am a Malfoy,” Draco smirked again and began to make his way up out of the dungeons and head through the corridors leading to the kitchens… taking care to avoid those corridors most patrolled by Filch and his cat, Mrs. Norris. At least being prefect taught me something useful…

***

As Draco was walking through the corridors, he suddenly heard a faint sound. It sounded like music… a piano. And there was a shimmer of sound that sounded like a girl’s voice… singing… beautiful, intoxicating singing.

The Slytherin paused for a moment to listen. Thoughts of him playing the piano rushed through his mind. His mother, Narcissa Malfoy, had insisted that he learn to play… “It’s good to be cultured,” she would often say. Although Draco thought that it was also an excuse to bring some sort of joy into the household. Regardless, he thoroughly enjoyed playing the instrument and was quite good, though no one knew this little fact about him.

Draco closed his eyes and let the music penetrate his soul. He felt himself gasp; for the musical sounds were so moving… they surged through his veins like thick, rich blood. After several moments, he began to breathe normally again. He opened his eyes and a look of pure determination spread across his face.

Finally, Draco started traveling through the twisting hallways trying to find the source of this intoxicating music, his hunger totally forgotten. The blond boy walked for nearly an hour with no success. Every time he thought that he was heading in the right direction, the sounds suddenly seemed as if they had moved to a different part of the castle. Draco was getting very aggravated.

All of a sudden, Draco’s stomach rumbled causing him to clutch it. He heaved a sigh of disappointment and decided to give up the search for the source of the music. It’s not over… I’ll find out who she is yet!

At that moment, Draco resumed the walk to the kitchens where he hoped he could get a small meal… yet avoid Dobby at the same time.
Ch1: Obessions by Indigo Child
Chapter 1: Obsessions


Draco sat with his head held high at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. Crabbe sat to his left, while Goyle sat to his right. Pansy Parkinson and her best friend Millicent Bulstrode sat across from him.

“Oh Draco… you look as though you haven’t slept for days,” Pansy spoke.

Draco glared icily at the blond girl, “What makes you say that?”

The girl smiled, “Oh I don’t know. Perhaps it’s the dark circles under your eyes,” she paused for a moment and then her eyes suddenly turned angry. “You aren’t sneaking off with… with…”

Draco rolled his eyes. He knew that Pansy fancied him, especially after their one lustful night a few weeks back. However, he had distinctly told her that he was not interested in her as a girlfriend and that she was merely being used by him in order to satisfy his male yearnings… nothing more. She even seemed to be all right with that, well at least in the beginning.

“What if I am,” Draco drawled while Crabbe and Goyle sniggered at the situation. He was thoroughly enjoying his taunting of her… especially when everything he said had an empty meaning. Presently, he was not involved with anyone.

Pansy pursed her lips in frustration and Millicent turned a shade of red, “Who is she… I want to know all about this… this whore!!”

Draco clicked his tongue and shook his head, “Tsk… tsk… A little jealous are we, Parkinson?”

The girl scowled at his words and at his state of calm.

“Really. How many times do I have to tell you?” he smirked evilly at the girl. “Will it take a public humiliation for you to finally get it through that thick head of yours?”

Suddenly, Pansy’s expression turned to one of complete horror. At that moment, Blaise Zabini walked over and sat down, “Oh do tell, Malfoy… I’m curious to hear what she’s on about this time…” the dark-haired boy’s face was that of an eager child awaiting a Christmas present. “Besides, who can resist a public humiliation?”

“Ah, Zabini. Good of you to finally join us.”

“Yes, yes… get on with it.”

Draco nodded at his friend, “Well, you see Parkinson here is jealous that I might be seeing someone.”

Blaise gave a half-smile, “You aren’t…” he replied excitedly.

“That is for me to know… and me alone,” Draco answered. Blaise smirked in understanding. He knew all too well of Pansy’s obsession with Draco Malfoy… and like his friend, he detested the blond girl as well. Plus it was too much fun for them to both gang up on her and taunt her. She was such an easy target, well, for a Slytherin.

“I see… a ‘mystery’ woman,” Blaise responded. A small smile could be seen on his lips, he knew that Draco was not really seeing anyone.

“Perhaps.”

Pansy meanwhile was turning quite red and tears were welling up in her cool blue eyes. Her whole body seemed to be shaking with rage and sadness all at the same time, “You can be such a prick, Malfoy!”

Draco sighed lazily, “You didn’t think that two weeks ago, Parkinson.”

Millicent’s eyes widened at Draco’s comment and she turned to look at Pansy who was shrugging and shaking her head.

“In fact, you were begging for me… if I remember correctly. Weren’t you the one telling me that you were longing for me to just fuck you… even if it was only for one time in your life?” Draco’s expression was purely evil.

“Pansy!” Millicent shrieked. “You never told me you slept with him!!”

Pansy began to sob loudly and the other Slytherins were laughing as Draco announced how Pansy asked him to basically use her just so that she could experience what it was like to have sex with him. Other students in the Great Hall began to look over at the scene as well.

Out of the corner of his gray eyes, Draco saw a flash of red. He turned to look over and saw none other than Ginny Weasley… Ron Weasley’s little sister… staring back at him. The red-head furrowed her eyebrows at the scene once they locked eyes. Then she frowned disappointedly.

Draco felt a queasiness build up in his stomach suddenly, ‘How dare she frown at me… that stupid weasel! She’ll get hers… later…’ he thought to himself.

***

Classes seemed to go on forever, but they were finally over. To make matters a bit better, it was a Friday so Draco had the entire weekend to look forward to. He threw his bags onto his bed, as well as his robe, and changed into a more casual attire.

The Slytherin put on a pair of black pants and a black short-sleeve t-shirt. He then examined himself in his mirror. In general, he was pleased with what he saw. He was not too muscular, but he was fit and tone… the perfect Seeker’s body. He ran his hand through his silky blond hair and placed a dab of gel in it to keep it standing up a bit in that messy sort of way.

A smirk suddenly spread across his lips. He knew that he was very good looking and he was always ready to flaunt that at every moment that he could. He did have quite the reputation however, well at least in his own house. They all knew that he enjoyed seducing and then humiliating girls… especially his best friend, Blaise Zabini… who had recently challenged him to target fellow Slytherin Pansy Parkinson. Blaise did not think that Draco would be successful since she was a Slytherin and therefore should be wary of his reputation and such. Alas, the poor girl was putty in his hands. Draco smirked again.

“She was easier than any Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw…” he muttered to himself triumphantly as he reminisced about the earlier incident at breakfast with Pansy Parkinson.

~~~

Draco only seemed to target girls from either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Slytherins knew too much about him to be easy targets, with the exception of Pansy Parkinson… and Gryffindors, well, they were all mudblood-lovers. Not to mention that they would never even give him a chance to get close enough to them in order to properly seduce them. It did not matter though; there were plenty of girls in both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw… so he did not really care. Besides, it was just a game to him… a game where, no matter the outcome, he reaped some sort of reward when it was all over.

~~~

After Draco was fully satisfied with how he looked, he made his way from the dungeons towards the library. There was an interesting book relating to the subject of Transfiguration that he was interested in reading.

The library was like a tomb. He did not see any students there at all… they were surely all relaxing in their respective common rooms. Madame Pince, however, was seated at her desk near the front of the room. She was totally consumed with whatever it was she was doing… it looked as though she was just rummaging through a bunch of parchment.

Draco smirked and shook his head. The silvery-blond walked towards the back of the library into the Transfiguration area. He was interested in learning how to become an animagus and therefore wanted to study up. He had already enrolled in the special class that he would need to take in order to become licensed over the winter holidays. No one, not even Blaise Zabini, knew of his obsession for Transfiguration. Professor McGonagall knew that he was thoroughly fascinated by the subject and was aware that he planned to become a licensed animagus, but she did not know that he had read almost every book available to him on the subject.

Draco found the book he was looking for and made his way to sit down at a table near the back of the library. Suddenly, something struck him hard in the chest causing him to drop his book and gasp for air. When he looked down, he saw a red-haired girl on the floor. She looked a bit confused at first and then frantically began to pick up the pieces of parchment that she dropped when she fell.

The girl looked up into Draco’s steely eyes causing her own to widen a bit with fear, “I… I…”

Draco smirked and rolled his eyes, “Watch where you’re going Weasley. You nearly killed me there.”

Ginny Weasley stood up just then and frowned at the Slytherin, “I am sorry, you know. It was an accident.”

“Perhaps so… but I rank higher than you and now you owe me.”

“Whatever, Malfoy. I don’t owe you anything.”

“Come come, Weasley… you nearly killed me. I think that I ought to be compensated in some way for your complete idiocy.” The blond boy moved closer to her, without even realizing it.

Ginny’s eyes narrowed, “You better not step an inch closer… I’ll not be ‘played’ like Pansy!” she shouted.

Draco grabbed her arm, hard, “Don’t flatter yourself, Weasley. I don’t ‘play’ with Gryffindors… and I certainly wouldn’t ‘play’ with you if you were the last pureblood witch on the planet! You are disgusting… mere dirt that I walk upon.”

Tears began to well in the girl’s eyes at his stinging words, “Let go of me, you git! Or I’ll hex you into next week!!!”

Draco suddenly remembered her Bat Bogey Curse from his fifth year and he released her. She immediately ran away and out of the library. He was sure that he could hear her crying as she ran. A sudden pang of guilt surged through him, but it quickly vanished.
Ch2: Shadows by Indigo Child
Chapter 2: Shadows


Draco awoke gasping for air and sat bolt upright in his four-poster bed. As he tried to breathe, a pain filled his chest… it was almost as if he had been submerged in water. His hands immediately touched his chest and he desperately wanted to believe that he was breathing normally. After several minutes of panic and gasping, his breathing did indeed become regular once again.

These episodes were getting worse and worse. And though he hated to admit it, they were frightening him. Suddenly, there was a rushing sound coming from his fireplace and the head of Lucius Malfoy, his father the Death-Eater, appeared. Again Draco gasped, feeling as though all of his breath was being taken away from him.

“Ah, I see that you are indeed awake, Draco.”

Draco regained his composure and walked over to the fireplace, “Yes father, perhaps I knew that you would be calling.”

The elder Malfoy smiled, “Perhaps so… or perhaps you are just excited that your initiation time is getting closer.”

Draco felt all of his muscles tighten and he gritted his teeth through a smile, “Of course, father,” he drawled. How I hate this man…

“Well, as for the purpose of my visit… it seems that The Dark Lord is very pleased with how you’ve been developing you’re abilities in the area of Transfiguration.”

Draco’s eyes widened momentarily, but it seemed as though his father took no notice whatsoever, “Oh really…”

Lucius smirked, “Yes…” he paused for a moment. “In fact, he’s informed me that you want to become an animagus.”

Draco’s fists were clenched at his sides. Nothing he did was sacred anymore. How The Dark Lord knew these things about him, he had no idea. But he was sure that there must be someone within the castle who was informing him of his abilities… however, no one, except for Professor McGonagall presently knew that he was planning on learning the skills of being an animagus and he knew that she would never relay such information to anyone… not even to Dumbledore, unless he gave her his permission. Someone knew… but he did not have any idea as to who.

“An animagus… that’s very interesting. I wonder when I was going to be informed about this,” Draco replied lazily hoping that his father would not see through the deliberate lie.

Lucius’s eyes flashed wildly, “So are you saying that The Dark Lord is incorrect about your plans and your passions.”

Draco shook his head, “Well, he is correct about Transfiguration. It is indeed my favorite subject and I do find that I am excelling in it. But an animagus… that is just not something that I had considered. The idea never really occurred to me. Perhaps now I might consider it… but I must warn you that I find the idea foolish… I’d much rather live out my life as a normal wizard.”

“Crucio!” Lucius shouted.

Draco suddenly fell onto the ground in fits of convulsions. He was writhing on the floor in such immense pain. No matter what, he had no intentions of allowing his father to know the truth of his plans… even if it meant receiving punishments by the Cruciatus Curse every single night for the rest of his life. There were just some things in life that he wanted to remain solely his.

All of a sudden, the pain stopped and Draco just lay there limply on the ground. He could feel his heart racing and his breathing was very rapid.

“Pity… you really ought to learn that I do not do well with lying. One day you’ll be ready to tell me the truth. Ohh… and I must say that I really do not believe that our sources are the ones being deceitful here. Remember that, son.”

At that moment, Lucius Malfoy’s head completely disappeared from the fireplace. Draco struggled to his feet and heaved a sigh. He then put on his black slippers and draped his black night robe over his shoulders. He needed to take a walk and clear his mind.

***

Draco quietly stalked through the corridors of the castle. Suddenly, he heard sounds… those musical sounds! He could hear the piano and the girl’s voice. He closed his eyes as he listened to the intoxicating sounds. So beautiful…

Draco felt himself being pulled towards the music. He walked through the halls trying to follow the sounds. I’ll find you yet!

The blond Slytherin found himself walking up several flights of stairs and then along a long corridor that he knew existed, but he had never walked down before… it was a hall that the Ravenclaws had usually patrolled and he had always preferred the dungeons anyway.

While walking, he came across a large mirror hanging on the wall. He smirked, ‘Funny to have a mirror in a hallway,’ he thought to himself. Regardless, he found himself gazing into it in order to admire himself.

He felt pleased with what he saw. His pale skin was flawless and his features well-chiseled and his eyes appeared to be an icy gray… any girl should feel honoured to be allowed to gaze into them at all. Despite the fact that he had just climbed out of bed, his messy hair still looked good and his well-toned features could be seen through his night robe.

All of a sudden, Draco became aware of the music once again. He left the mirror behind as well as his thoughts of self-admiration. The only thing on his mind now was the sound of the beautifully intoxicating music… and that angelic voice.

His heart was beating fast once he realized that the music was growing louder and louder. A small smile spread across his lips and determination set into his gray eyes.

Finally, he came upon a large wooden door. He stopped and pressed his ear to it and listened. Those wonderful sounds were coming from inside the room. His breath caught in his throat. He decided to peer through the keyhole before being so daring as to open the door on the girl.

Draco could only see a shadow… a mere silhouette of the girl singing and playing the gorgeous piano that was located in that room. Though he could not see her face, he could make out every curve and detail of her figure. To him, she looked beautiful. Her long hair flowed past her shoulders down to the middle of her back and her curves looked so inviting. When she sang, he was sure that he was listening to an angel.

The blond boy stood up and had decided that he would push open the door.

“I hear you!!” shouted a voice.

Draco’s head went erect and he looked all around. The music stopped as well. Filch!! Damn him!!

Draco could hear the girl scrambling inside the room. He longed to see who she was, but the fear of being caught overtook him and he ran through the corridors away from Filch… away from the girl…

***

It was a brisk day, but Draco wanted to go outside for a walk anyway. He liked the cool air. Besides, he needed some time to himself… away from the other Slytherins… away from his private room. He grabbed his robes and immediately headed outside.

After several minutes, he suddenly found himself walking near the lake. As he rounded a corner, a flash of red hair caught his eyes. There sitting near a bush close to the water’s edge was Ginny Weasley. Draco felt a knot form in his stomach, but he paid it no mind.

He walked over to the girl, “Oh look… the little weasel is contemplating taking a bath!” he replied.

Ginny turned her head and heaved a sigh, “Leave me alone, Malfoy. I’ve done nothing to provoke you.”

Draco smirked and shook his head, “Your mere existence provokes me, you dirty mudblood-lover!”

Ginny stood up and walked over to the boy, “Just go away!”

“Why don’t you go away.”

Ginny’s eyes flashed with anger and frustration, “I was here first, Malfoy!”

“So… and I’m here now. So leave… how many times do I need to tell you that I out rank you, Weasley.”

The red-head slapped him hard across his face. A look of pure shock spread over his face and he then instinctually pushed the girl. He pushed her so hard that she fell into the lake. Immediately, he doubled over in laughter at the sight of her.

Ginny sat there in the shallow waters for a moment, the wind knocked out of her. Her long red hair was a total mess and her clothes were soaking wet. Luckily, because of the water covering her face and body, Malfoy could not see the tears streaming down her cheeks.

The girl began to shiver as her lips started to turn a slight shade of blue.

Draco noticed that she was freezing and a wave of guilt came over him. He felt bad that he had pushed her and so he graciously offered her his hand. What am I doing?

Ginny’s lips turned into a pout and she looked away from him, despite the fact that she desperately wanted to be out of the cold waters and the cold air. She just wanted to run back to the castle and snuggle into some warm clothes and blankets.

“Get away from her!” a voice shouted.

Draco sneered in disgust. Harry Potter… the Boy-Who-Lived.

Harry ran over to Ginny and extended her his hand, which she graciously accepted causing Draco to blush a pale shade of pink. He hoisted the girl out of the freezing waters and suddenly she sneezed.

“You should go see Madame Pomfrey,” Harry stated.

“I’ll decide where I ought to go, Harry Potter.”

Draco smiled to himself as she spoke. It seemed as if she indeed had grown out of her infatuation for the old scar-head. He found himself feeling pleased, almost triumphant, at learning this fact.

“Just trying to help,” he answered as he tried to place an arm around her. Ginny just shoved him off, which caused Draco to chuckle silently.

Harry turned towards him and shouted, “What are you laughing at, Malfoy… you’re not wanted here so bugger off!!”

Draco smirked, “With pleasure.”
Ch3: Insults and Injury by Indigo Child
Chapter 3: Insults and Injury


Draco sat in the windowsill of his private bedroom, just gazing out into the night. He glanced over at the clock against his wall… it was near midnight.

He stood up and walked out of his room. He was determined that, after two nights of failed attempts, he would find this girl who had such a hold over his soul with her voice and musical talents. Now, at least, he knew where to go so he would not waste any more time wandering about the halls and corridors.

The Slytherin hurriedly made his way towards the piano room. He was disturbed, however, because he heard no music… no intoxicating voice. Finally, he came upon the door. He gently pushed it open… the room was completely empty except for the piano.

Draco frowned as he entered the room. He walked over to the piano and gently brushed his hand along its smooth black edge and then finally onto the keys. He smiled slightly and sat down.

He placed his hands on the keys as if ready to play and he suddenly closed his eyes. Thoughts of his mother raced through his mind… thoughts of how happy he was when playing. For when he played, all his worries and troubles were forgotten… it was just him and the piano… nothing else existed during those moments.

When Draco opened his eyes again, he pressed down on one of the keys. A beautiful sound echoed in the room. Draco pressed another key… and soon another and another. Before he knew it, he was playing.

He forgot about his father… the Death-Eaters… the up-coming initiation. The only thing that existed was him… and the piano he was playing at that very moment.

When the song ended, Draco pushed himself away from the piano. His heart was racing and his breathing was rapid. He had forgotten how emotional it was for him when he played. It was the only time he ever felt or showed any real emotion at all. This was the reason why he never played in public and why no one in Hogwarts knew he even played at all.

‘Where is she?’ Draco thought. ‘She plays every night… why not tonight?’

Draco frowned and left the room. He was upset that his attempts to find the girl were turning disastrous yet again… so he decided to continue walking through the corridors, taking care not to get caught of course. He really needed to clear his mind.

The blond Slytherin felt himself being pulled towards the Hospital Wing for some reason. When he walked by, he glanced inside to see who was there. All the beds were empty except for one. Draco arched an eyebrow and inched a little closer to see who was sleeping in the hospital bed.

He still could not see who occupied the bed. So, he took a deep breath and cautiously and quietly walked over to the bed.

There he saw Ginny Weasley sleeping soundly. She looked like an angel… her breathing was silent, but her chest was moving up and down.

Draco stood there in awe, just watching her, for several minutes. Suddenly, she began to stir causing Draco to wake up from his reverie.

He was about to run out of the Hospital Wing when Ginny opened her eyes and sat upright just staring at him. Draco felt his body shiver as her eyes locked with his.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered.

Draco smirked, “What’s it to you, Weasley.”

Ginny frowned, “I just wondered… it’s in the middle of the night and you are hovering over my bed like some sort of phantom.”

Draco arched an eyebrow, “I suppose,” he hesitated. “Sorry to startle you.”

Ginny’s eyes widened, in shock. Is he really being nice for a change…?

Her face softened, “It’s all right… but really, what are you doing here at this hour?”

Draco sighed, “I couldn’t sleep, if you must know. Needed to take a walk and clear my head.”

Ginny nodded in understanding.

“So… you here because of earlier?” Draco asked already knowing what her reply would be.

“Yes. I caught a chill, but Madame Pomfrey said that I should be fine by the morning.”

Draco felt a knot forming in his stomach. Why does this seem to happen only around her?

“Sorry about that. My temper got the better of me.” Draco could not believe that he had apologized to this girl twice already in about three minutes time… she was a Weasley… a Gryffindor… a mudblood-lover!

The Slytherin suddenly sneered causing Ginny to shrink back a little in fear. Draco noticed the affect he had on her and he felt the knot in his stomach tighten even more. Dammit!

“Well…” he began.

“W-well…” she answered with a slight stutter.

“See you around, Weasley.”

***

The next morning, Draco hurried through the corridors towards the Hospital Wing. When he got there, he saw Ginny getting ready to leave.

The girl turned around, a look of surprise on her face. “Malfoy? What are you doing here?”

Draco smirked, “I don’t know… just felt like a walk. Would you like to accompany me?”

Ginny’s expression was that of pure confusion. Even Draco looked a little surprised at his own words to the girl.

“Well… all right,” she finally agreed… a hint of exasperation in her voice.

But Draco only smiled… a real smile. Ginny looked astounded.

The two silently walked through the halls and went outside onto the grounds. The air was a bit damp with chill, but neither of them seemed to mind. “Will you be okay with the cold?” Draco asked. Ginny just nodded.

They both headed towards the lake when Ginny suddenly stopped and turned to look directly into Draco’s eyes, “Look… I’m not sure what you are on about. You’ve always been horrible to me… and these past few days… well you’ve been just impossible!! Now, all of a sudden, you’re acting like I’m your best friend! Why the sudden change? It doesn’t make sense!”

Draco sighed, “Well Weasley… I owe you… for making you ill and all. I’m trying to make us even is all.”

Ginny narrowed her eyes, “I suppose… but you have a reputation, you know. I’m surprised that the Hufflepuffs and especially the Ravenclaws haven’t caught on yet.”

Draco sneered, “What do you know of my reputation. You don’t even know anything about me!”

“I know enough!” Ginny’s cheeks were turning very red, “If this is some game where you think that you can be my friend one moment and then my enemy the next, you are sorely mistaken. And if this is some cruel joke to get me to sleep with you… well, you’re sorely mistaken about that too!!”

Draco shook his head lazily and rolled his eyes, “Weasely, Weasley… do not flatter yourself. What on earth would give you the notion that I wanted anything to do with you at all… I’m merely trying to repay a debt is all… then, I’ll be done with you. You are disgusting… I want to get all associations with you done and over with. I am a gentleman you know and I’m trying to repay you… nothing more… get it through that thick head of yours!!”

Ginny’s eyes were becoming wet with tears at his cruel words, “You are such a bastard…” she mumbled.

Draco walked closer to her and whispered, “They all say that… at some point.”

“Just leave me alone…” she was crying now, though she tried desperately to hide it.

“Or what… you’ll have Potter, your boyfriend, come and hex me?” He stood there eagerly awaiting for her response and reaction to his words… for he remembered her reaction towards Potter the other day when he tried to help her. He found the whole thing amusing.

She looked up into his eyes, “He’s not my boyfriend… I don’t want him to be my boyfriend… and I can hex you myself… I’ve done it before…”

Draco backed away from her, “Fine then… if I leave you alone at your request, I’ll consider my debt repaid.” At that, he walked away… leaving her to cry by herself.

***

That night, Draco wandered the corridors of the castle. He could hear the intoxicating music once again and it grew louder as he approached the room in which he knew had the piano in it.

He came upon that mirror and glanced at himself. He smirked and ran his fingers through his blond hair. Finally, he looked away and continued onward towards the piano room. She won’t get away this time… not this time…

When he came upon the door, he peered into the keyhole. He could see the girl’s silhouette swaying slightly as she played… and her voice… that of an angel. Draco closed his eyes for a moment. Finally, he stood up and gently pushed on the large wooden door causing it to creak open.

The girl stopped singing and playing. She sat there silently for several moments as if in shock. Suddenly, she got up and tried to run past him. Draco grabbed her arm and pushed her away from the door. He then quickly shut the door behind himself.

“Shh… do you want Filch finding us?” he hissed. The girl recoiled, still hidden by the shadows.

Draco walked over to the girl, “Oh gods… not you…” she muttered almost inaudibly.

The Slytherin arched an eyebrow and walked even closer to the girl. Suddenly, his gray eyes widened… there before him stood Ginny Weasley.
Ch4: Commonalities by Indigo Child
Chapter 4: Commonalities


“You?” he shouted. “It’s you who’s been playing and singing night after night?”

“I didn’t know anyone could hear me… well except Filch when he got too close…”

“You? It’s you?”

Ginny heaved a sigh, “What are you on about?”

“I’ve been hearing you sing and play every night now for the past three nights…”

“Wait a minute…”

“You’ve been haunting me!”

“That’s when you started acting so horrendously…”

“I wake up and then I need to look for you… the source of the… that music!”

“I knew something was wrong…”

“You have a power over me with that music of yours…” his voice trailed.

Both Ginny and Draco widened their eyes. They had been babbling back and forth for several moments, but a sudden realization struck them. They actually had something in common… they both liked… no, adored… music.

“You like music?” Ginny asked, a small smile playing on her lips.

Draco sighed, “Yeh… no one else knows… and you’re not going to tell anyone, right!!”

Ginny raised her hands up in surrender, “Don’t worry… your secret is safe; I promise you.”

Draco seemed satisfied with her promise. Gryffindors were known to keep their promises… especially Ginny Weasley.

“You’ve really been listening to me?” Ginny asked.

Draco hung his head as if ashamed, but it was more to hide the redness in his cheeks, “Yeh… for three nights now I’ve searched. But I finally succeeded tonight. Finally…”

Ginny giggled, “I can’t believe it! Draco Malfoy loves music!”

Draco narrowed his eyes, “What’s so funny about it?”

“Well,” she began, “Music has emotion… I’ve never known you to have any emotion.”

“Shows what you know. There’s a lot of emotion in me… I’m just good at hiding it.”

Ginny smiled genuinely, “I like this side of you,” she stated.

Draco just rolled his eyes and groaned.

“Seriously, it’s like you are a real person.”

“Thanks for that assessment, Weasley…”

“I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that… well…”

Draco moved closer to Ginny, closing the space between them. “It’s just what?”

“Well… I… that is to say… well… you just…” the girl stammered. She was nervous due to their closeness.

Draco smirked and took hold of her hand, “Guess we’re more alike than we thought.”

Ginny just nodded and gazed deeply into his steely gray eyes. She felt lost and warm when looking into them. It was almost like if she looked hard enough, she could see into his soul. It was exhilarating beyond belief.

The blond Slytherin let go of the girl’s hand, “So, when did you start playing?”

Ginny tilted her head, “Ever since I was five years old. Mum thought that I ought to learn… she tried with all of my brothers, but failed miserably. She wouldn’t give up on me though… especially since I was her only daughter. Luckily for her, I rather enjoyed playing… and I found out that I’m not half bad at it either,” she grinned.

“No… you’re great, actually.”

The red-haired girl blushed, “And you? Do you play?”

Draco nodded, “Yes… mother wanted me to be cultured and therefore insisted that I learn. I’ve been playing since I was really young as well.”

“C-can I hear you play?” Ginny asked timidly.

Draco arched an eyebrow, “You want to hear me?”

Ginny nodded.

The blond boy sighed, “Very well, then.” He casually walked over to the piano and carefully placed his hands against the keys. He pressed one key… then another and another. The music that flowed forth was strong and eerie. Ginny gasped in spite of herself.

Finally, Draco finished. His eyes were closed and his breathing was rapid. Ginny just stood there silently gaping. This Slytherin was full of passion… she could see it and feel it in how he played.

The girl was panting, “You are… wonderful… heaps better than I could ever be…” she paused, “Would you teach me? To be as good as you, I mean?”

Draco pushed himself away, “I guess I could…” he sounded so unsure.

“Please… we could meet here every night and you could give me lessons. I’ll help you in homework or do whatever I can to repay you for your time… please… I…”

Draco placed his forefinger against her lips, “You won’t need to repay me… just never let go of your gifts… that’ll be payment enough.”

Ginny smiled and blushed. Then, she suddenly felt a wave of embarrassment come over her and she looked down at the ground.

Draco gently lifted her head upwards and looked directly into her eyes, “You have a lot of talent, Virginia Weasley… with me teaching you, you’ll become more than you ever imagined.”

Their heads moved nearer and nearer. Ginny closed her eyes.

“Can I hear you sing?” Draco asked breathily.

Ginny pulled away just then, feeling rather foolish. Her cheeks were on fire, “If you’d like,” she replied quietly.

“Please…”

Ginny sang a few scales trying to show off her range. She had a rather large range… she could sing fairly low notes and reach higher than most well-known sopranos. Draco was impressed. Her breathing technique was impeccable… she had so much control and could do many interesting things with her voice.

“So where’d you learn to do that?” Draco asked.

“Self taught… no voice lessons or anything… just sort of came naturally.”

“I can help you there too, if you’d like. Though I never took lessons, I know a lot concerning music and voice.”

Ginny smiled, “That would be wonderful.”

Draco once again walked over to the girl, “I had no idea that you had this ability and love for music.”

“Well, I had no idea that you did either. Like I said… I like this side of you. I feel like I’m finally getting to know you… the real you.”

Draco smirked as he looked down into her eyes, “There is more to me than music, Weasley… much more.”

“I know that…” she paused, her expression turning thoughtful. “And I think that I’m going to enjoy getting to know you… even if its through music… at least we found a common ground… somewhere to start.”

“I suppose,” he pushed some of her hair behind her ear. “Just remember… I don’t ‘play’ with Gryffindors.”
Ch5: Hidden Passions by Indigo Child
Chapter 5: Hidden Passions


“Draco… Draco…!” Pansy spoke.

Draco was in a slight daze and there were dark circles under his eyes.

“What’s the matter with you… you really are sneaking off!!”

The blond Slytherin rolled his eyes in disgust while Blaise Zabini sniggered at the girl and whispered, “She doesn’t give up easily… even public humiliation doesn’t seem to stop this one… I think you’ve got a problem on your hands.”

Draco whispered back, “Yeah… I think you’re right… and she wasn’t even that good!” he laughed.

Pansy’s face was twisted into an ugly pout, “I want to know who she is so that I can give her a piece of my mind!” the girl shrieked.

“Really Pansy,” Blaise interrupted, “Is Malfoy worth all the trouble? Just the other day you were telling him off. Personally, I think that you ought to set your eye on someone else… you don’t want to get involved with the likes of him anyway.”

“Thanks a lot,” Draco whispered back to his friend as he sneered at the Slytherin girl.

Pansy’s expression turned thoughtful, “Perhaps… Maybe it’s as the old saying goes… if you set it free and it comes back to you, then it’s yours forever,” the girl giggled.

Draco merely arched an eyebrow, “What’s she on about? I don’t understand her at all.”

***

Several weeks went by and Draco and Ginny continued to meet at the secret piano room every night after curfew. He taught her new techniques with piano playing as well as with singing… and she was getting better and better. Draco was pleased with her progress and relished the moments when she would just sing and play to her hearts content.

Ginny was sitting at the piano, her delicate fingers moving swiftly over the black and white keys. She swayed slightly to the wonderful rhythm she was playing, eyes closed, and she was singing.

Draco sat there just gazing at her. She looked beautiful when she was totally giving into the passion of music. It thrilled him to see her this way.

“Ginny?”

The girl stopped playing, “Hmmm?”

“What do you feel when you play?”

It was an odd sort of question for Draco to ask, but Ginny did not seem to mind, though she was taken slightly aback, “I don’t know… it’s a combination of things really…”

“Like what?” he pressed.

“Something big… buried deep inside and trying to claw its way out of me… almost like it could rip itself out of my chest.”

Draco smiled causing Ginny to look away, “Yeh.”

“I… I feel like I’m… like I’m almost pretty when I play…” she hesitated and felt so embarrassed at her superficial words. Music meant so much to her and here she was talking about her looks. In an attempt to recover from her shallow words, she began babbling and rambling about the first thing that came into her mind, “Of course, you probably don’t understand… You always look good. I mean… I know that you know that you look good… ummm… I…” she blushed the deepest shade of red imaginable. Gods… I’m such an idiot!

Draco grinned, but turned it into a smirk. She thinks that I look good? “Well, I know that the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws think I look good… and well Pansy Parkinson!” he laughed.

Ginny smiled, “Pansy Parkinson… what were you thinking?” Ginny felt mild relief that the subject of their conversation had finally turned away from her and onto him.

Draco shrugged, “It was a stupid challenge… I feel bad about it, but she knew the rules and decided to ‘play’ anyway.”

Ginny scowled, “You know, it’s horrible that you do that… there’s so much more to you, you know?”

The blond’s eyes widened a bit, “I can’t believe that a Gryffindor just said that!”

“Well, believe it!” Ginny’s eyes flashed.

“Well, Miss Weasley… if I may quote you… I must tell you that I like you this way… you seem more sure of yourself.”

“It’s because I know that I’m decent at playing and singing. I don’t feel that way when it comes to other things.”

“You should…”

Ginny just looked over at him, not sure of what to say.

Draco suddenly stood up and walked over to the girl and sat down next to her at the piano bench, “I want to teach you something,” he replied.

“All right,”

“Here,” the Slytherin reached his arms around hers. Ginny stiffened at first due to his touch but soon relaxed. “Place your hands on top of mine.” Ginny did as he requested. All of a sudden, he began to press down on the keys.

She felt her fingers move along with his. It was quite a thrilling and moving experience. The melody that reverberated through the room caused Ginny’s eyes to roll back as she allowed the music to penetrate her very soul.

Finally, Draco stopped. His breathing was rapid as was hers.

“I wrote that for you,” he panted.

“What?” she asked breathily.

“I just wrote that now… for you. You inspired me.”

Ginny blushed an even deeper shade of red than before and looked down at the keys, away from his penetrating gaze. Draco grasped her hands and gently kissed them. Ginny shut her eyes and began to tremble. The blond boy gently placed his hand on her chin, forcing her to look up into his eyes. The red-haired girl gasped as he moved closer and closer. She felt as though her breath was being taken away from her.

Suddenly, his lips were against hers. She tasted so sweet… like strawberries with sugar. Her lips parted slightly and he took that as an invitation to explore her mouth with his tongue. She sighed contentedly as he deepened the kiss. Draco was surprised as to how nicely she fit against him and how right it felt for his arms to encircle her slim body.

All of a sudden, Draco pushed Ginny away. She looked confused and tears began to well in her eyes. Draco frowned at her reaction, “Shhh… it’s not you. It’s just… well… if we continue kissing like that I may just find a reason to ‘play’ with Gryffindors.”

A small smile played on Ginny’s lips at his words. Suddenly, she felt special… he liked her, she turned him on… and more importantly, she now knew that he also respected her. He can change!

Draco ran his fingers through some of her red hair. It felt so silky and soft.

Ginny looked up into Draco’s eyes, “I… I…”

“I know… me too. I don’t know when it happened, but it did.”

Ginny threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Draco wrapped his arms around the girl, drinking in the sensation of her body so close to his. He was in heaven… well, almost.

“I don’t want us to ever be parted…” Ginny muttered.

Draco looked into her big brown eyes, “We won’t.”

“I’m not stupid, Draco… I know what kind of family you come from… I have an idea as to what is going on. I know why you have those night terrors you keep talking about.”

Draco arched an eyebrow. He had not told anyone of his nighttime episodes except for Ginny, but he never once told her why he thought that they occurred. He was astounded as well as impressed with her perceptive nature. She belongs in Slytherin!

“Your father is making you join the Death-Eaters… isn’t he…?”

Draco nodded silently.

“Please don’t,” she pleaded.

“I’ll be tortured until I join…”

“Please… Draco… for me…” her voice sounded more desperate.

Draco heaved a sigh, “It’s not that easy, Gin. These are forces unlike any you’ve ever known.”

“That’s not entirely true.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well… I’ve experienced the wrath of You-Know-Who…”

“What? When?”

“It was during my first year… Your father never told you…? It was I who opened the Chamber of Secrets.”
Ch6: Secrets Are Not Sacred by Indigo Child
Chapter 6: Secrets Are Not Sacred


The next morning Draco did not feel the least bit hungry. He was greatly disturbed when he learned that it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber, releasing the basilisk within. What bothered him even more, however, was the fact that his father had planned the whole thing… and he never even knew it.

Pansy walked by Draco, smiling sweetly at him. Rather than stopping to talk with him, however, she walked on by and sat next to her best friend Millicent. Draco smirked to himself, thankful that Pansy was finally giving him some much needed space. He would take what he could get because he knew that she would not stay away for long… she was very possessive about him regardless of what she said.

“Draco, you seem out of sorts this morning,” Blaise replied to his friend as he took the seat across from him. Crabbe and Goyle, who were sitting on either side of Draco were silent.

“I suppose…”

Blaise narrowed his eyes, “Something’s going on, isn’t it?”

Draco just shrugged.

“You aren’t acting like yourself. You seem quiet, withdrawn… not your usual witty self. You haven’t even insulted a single Gryffindor yet.”

Draco looked over at the black-haired boy, “I have a lot going on.”

Blaise nodded in understanding, “I know… my father’s been owling me at least three times a week trying to prepare me for this summer… you know, with the initiation and all…”

Draco shivered, “Yeh… mine too.” Thoughts of his father flooing him in the night invaded his mind. He felt sickened at the fact that he was the only one being contacted in such a way in preparation for the initiation. Quickly, he shook off the wave of nausea.

“You don’t seem excited by it…”

“Why should I be? I mean really… do you want to spend the rest of your days bowing down to someone who is half dead and half crazed? I know I don’t… it’s absolutely ridiculous the way my father drops everything to do You-Know-Who’s bidding… pathetic if you ask me.”

Blaise’s expression turned thoughtful for a moment. He highly valued Draco’s views and opinions of things… after all, he was of the Malfoy name and bloodline and thus very respected amongst all Slytherins… but mostly because the blond Slytherin was usually right about everything. However, Draco’s confession of his thoughts about Death-Eaters did take him by surprise.

The black-haired boy nodded, “I know…” he finally replied in agreement. He paused just then and suddenly added, “But it’ll be fun to go after people and rid the world of mudbloods.”

“True… but is it really worth it all? Besides, there are other things that I’d rather spend my time doing.”

“I never looked at it that way… but I suppose that I do agree with you.” Blaise smiled momentarily and then his expression turned serious, “But at the same time… we were bred for this… and you know it. They’d torture us until we joined… and that’s worse than death.”

Draco nodded, “Yeh… that’s what scares me.”

Suddenly, Pansy walked over by Draco and Blaise, “So, what are you two discussing? Anything interesting?”

“Not really,” Blaise replied.

Pansy smiled evilly, “No?” She turned towards Draco, “I hear that you will be staying here over the up-coming holidays.”

Draco’s eyes widened slightly, “So? What’s it to you?”

“Draco, Draco… We’ll be taking the animagus classes together, perhaps we could be study partners? I’m sure that your father would be most pleased with that?”

Draco’s eyes narrowed and he stared daggers at the blond girl.

“I didn’t know that you were studying to be an animagus?” Blaise interjected.

“Oh yes, he’s quite good at Transfiguration, didn’t you know?” she interrupted.

Draco sneered at the girl, “Go away, Parkinson… or I’ll transfigure you into a disgusting worm and rip you in two!!!”

The girl recoiled at the silver-eyed Slytherin’s words causing her to bump into a vacant chair. At that, she walked away.

Blaise turned to his friend, “An animagus?”

Draco looked down at his plate, “Yes… all right? Yes, I’m studying to be an animagus.” He scowled. Weren’t secrets sacred anymore?

An amused grin spread across Blaise’s lips, “Really… does your father know? If he doesn’t, I’m sure that Parkinson will tell him. She’s the type, you know.”

Draco nodded and sighed, “Well, my father does know, though I don’t know how.”

“That’s interesting… is he having you watched for some reason?” the dark-haired boy whispered cautiously.

“I don’t know… but he does seem to know a lot about things that I haven’t told anyone… not even you.”

Blaise arched an eyebrow, “Very interesting. Draco, my friend, I fear that you are most definitely being watched. The question is… by whom?”

***

Later that night, Draco and Ginny were sitting and talking together in the secret piano room.

“What’s bothering you… you aren’t acting like yourself,” Ginny replied.

Draco shrugged, “Lots of things are going on,” he paused for a moment and then stared hard into her eyes, “And I really don’t want you involved in that part of my life.”

Ginny narrowed her eyes, “Draco…”

“I know… I know… You opened the Chamber…” Draco’s voice was that of great annoyance. “Even still, that part of your life… your involvement with Dark Arts is over. I have to live with it every day! And I will not allow you to be a part of that… no matter what.” His eyes were piercing and angry.

Ginny recoiled.

At her reaction, the silvery-blond walked over to her and kissed her hands, “Look… I’m sorry for losing my temper. It’s just that you don’t really understand… I know that you think you do… but you don’t. You have to trust me on this one.”

Ginny heaved a sigh and leaned against his chest. Her arms wrapped tightly around him, “Though I don’t like it… all right.”

Draco looked down into her eyes and kissed her lips. She responded by entangling her fingers in his silky blond hair. He thrust his tongue into her mouth causing her to whimper with pleasure. At that moment, Draco picked Ginny up and set her down on top of the piano, their lips never parting. He stood there before her; her legs wrapped tightly around his waist. He grasped her bottom pushing her closer. The red-head could feel his excitement grinding into her and she groaned. Draco suddenly bit down on Ginny’s lower lip and she moaned louder. He bit harder and suddenly he could taste her blood on his tongue. It was so sweet… so luscious.

Draco immediately began nipping at her earlobes and then placed vampire-like kisses along her neck and then along her sensitive collarbone. Ginny pulled him closer… gasping for precious air. His hands then grasped her breasts hard. He could feel that her nipples were very erect. Immediately and animalistically, he pulled up her shirt and sealed her left breast with his mouth. He lightly bit her nipple.

“Oh Draco…” she whispered.

Exhilaration pulsed through his veins at the sound of her speaking his name, it was echoing through his mind… he then went to her right breast and lightly bit that nipple.

“Oh Draco…”

She was panting and it excited him immensely. He wanted to rip off all of her clothing and just plunge himself within the depths of her being. But he could not do this… this was Ginny… not Pansy, not some silly Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. No… he could not do that to her. Suddenly, he pushed away.

“What’s the matter?” Ginny asked breathily.

Draco panted, “I can’t.”

Ginny’s eyes became a bit watery, “Why? I’m ready… I want you…”

Her words were like sweet music to his ears. Each secret lesson he held with her placed him in a deeper and deeper state of yearning for the red-haired girl. But he cut her off saying, “Not here… not yet…” He paused, “You’re a virgin aren’t you…?”

Ginny hung her head, “Yes…” she whispered.

Draco smiled, “It’s all right… I just want your first time to be special. It will be soon, I promise you that.” He chuckled, “I don’t think that I can hold out much longer anyway.”

Ginny smiled and hugged him tightly.

***

Meanwhile…

“He does indeed plan to become licensed. I heard him say so,” the girl replied while looking into a hand-held mirror with a silver handle.

“You have no doubts about this then?” drawled the lazy voice of Lucius Malfoy.

“I am certain. It is all going as planned… just as I told you it would.”

“Good… so you’ve enrolled in the classes… be sure to keep an eye on him. I don’t want him to… well, stray.”

“Oh I most certainly will… I’ll keep more than an eye on him.” The girl let out a little laugh.

“I’m sure that you will. If you are successful in keeping him in line for the rest of the year, perhaps I will allow you certain liberties with him. I’m sure that you’d like that. Wouldn’t you?” his voice sounded almost maniacal.

The girl’s lips turned into an evil smile, “Oh yes… you know that I would. I’d do anything to ensure my future with him. Anything…”

“Really…”

The girl nodded frantically, “Of course,” she paused just then, “So long as it serves you and our Lord.”

“Very good. Keep me informed if he develops any strange behaviours. Remember… in the end, you will be rewarded.”

The girl smiled, “Yes, Mr. Malfoy.”
Ch7: Outings and Enemies by Indigo Child
Chapter 7: Outings and Enemies


Draco lazily made his way out of the dungeons and up into the main corridors of Hogwarts. Very few students seemed to be out and about as of yet… most likely getting themselves ready for one of the many Hogsmeade trips.

The Slytherin had contemplated asking Ginny to go along with him, but they had agreed to keep their relationship secret for a time until they worked out a plan… a safe plan… to let everyone know. They wanted it to be as easy a transition for everyone as they could possibly manage… which of course meant that the transition would be nearly impossible.

As a result, Draco decided to go along with his group of Slytherin friends… Blaise Zabini, of course, as well as Crabbe and Goyle. He rolled his eyes suddenly as the thought of Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bullstrode tagging along after the four of them invaded his mind.

Draco made his way up to the Astronomy Tower for a bit of alone time before leaving for Hogsmeade. Once up in the tower, he sat in the large window and looked out onto the school grounds. Everything looked so peaceful and serene… there was not a single ripple in the cold, black waters of the lake. He heaved a sigh and closed his eyes.

The winter holidays were fast approaching and that meant that his animagus classes would soon be starting. He was very excited for his class, but he was annoyed that Pansy would probably end up being his study partner. At that moment, he cleared his head of all thoughts of Pansy and he felt a sudden shiver run down his spine.

He sat there alone for quite some time, just relishing the moments he had to himself, when he suddenly saw groups of students gathering outside… obviously awaiting the mass migration to the nearby wizarding village. Just then, he noticed a flash of red… it was his Ginny.

She walked down toward the lake shore. He smiled to himself as he remembered that day he pushed her into the cold waters giving her a chill… and though he never showed it back then, he really did feel terrible afterwards. She looked beautiful just sitting there… like an angel… his angel. Suddenly, he saw another figure walk over to her. He knew that figure anywhere… Harry Potter. The blond boy sneered.

The messy-haired boy sat down next to her and it appeared as if he was placing his arm around her shoulders. Draco eyed the two of them, feeling the jealousy surging within his very being. He wanted to just storm out there and punch the scar-headed git square in the nose.

He saw Ginny abruptly stand up and move away from the boy. Draco smiled and laughed to himself… he was comforted in seeing her reactions to Potter’s advances. Suddenly, he saw Ron and Hermione join them. The gray-eyed Slytherin smirked. It definitely was going to be an interesting outing in Hogsmeade.

***

Pansy linked her arm with Draco’s without even so much as asking. Draco rolled his eyes while Blaise let out a snigger. At that moment, the black-haired Slytherin found Millicent Bullstrode linking her arm with his causing him to let out an annoyed sounding sigh. Crabbe and Goyle just silently followed the two Slytherin pairs.

They all walked through the streets of Hogsmeade, only stopping at places that interested either Pansy or Millicent. “Oh Draco… that robe! It’s absolutely exquisite! Do you see?” Pansy shrieked with delight.

The blond girl released Draco’s arm, much to his relief, and ran over to the shop window where a beautiful dark green velvet robe was being displayed. Draco looked up at it and immediately, he thought of Ginny and how absolutely breathtaking she would be in something like that.

Draco just walked past Pansy, Millicent and his Slytherin friends and entered the shop.

Pansy looked over at Millicent and gave her a suggestive look causing the larger girl to blush.

When Draco came back out, he held a package in his arms. Pansy smiled broadly, “Oh Draco… you shouldn’t have!”

Draco looked over at her, an expression of confusion on his face, “I didn’t…”

“Wha-… what?”

“You heard me.”

Blaise let out a howl of laughter while Crabbe and Goyle chuckled silently.

Pansy twisted her face into an ugly pout, grabbed Millicent’s arm and briskly walked away.

“Good one, Malfoy!”

Draco grinned, “I suppose…”

“Who’s the package for? Your ‘mystery’ woman?”

“Perhaps… perhaps not.”

Blaise smirked, “All right… you keep your secrets… for now.”

***

Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Ron entered The Three Broomsticks. The four Gryffindors made their way to sit together in a nearby booth that was empty. Ron and Hermione sat on one side of the table leaving Harry and Ginny to sit together on the other side. Ginny frowned, but gestured for Harry to take his seat on the inner part of the booth seat.

“’ello dearies! Four butterbeers?” Madame Rosmerta was all smiles as she approached them.

“Yes, that would be wonderful,” Hermione replied.

“Be right back!”

Suddenly, the door to the little pub was thrust open causing a whoosh of cold air to blow through the room. There in the doorway stood Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and of course Crabbe and Goyle. Harry, Ron and Hermione all rolled their eyes and let out groans of disgust. Ginny just frowned at their reactions. The Slytherins had not even done anything as of yet to provoke such a reaction.

The Slytherins walked inside and made their way towards a booth, which happened to be behind the very booth that Ginny and the trio were sitting at. They walked past them giving them ominous looks of hatred. Ginny felt herself recoil in fear when she looked up into Draco’s cold, gray eyes. His eyes had not looked that hateful for weeks and weeks. As he walked by her, however, his hand somehow found hers and gave it a gentle squeeze… a squeeze that let her know that he wished that they did not have to pretend. The red-haired girl smiled.

“What’re you smiling at? Malfoy and his dumb friends just gave us death glares and they are now sitting right behind us… and you’re smiling?” Ron shouted.

“Sorry,” Ginny stated.

“Honestly, Ron. If your sister wants to smile, just leave her be. Perhaps she was thinking of something amusing?” the bushy-haired brunette looked over at Ginny obviously expecting her to answer.

Ginny bit her lip, “Oh y-yes… I was,” she grinned weakly. She could not even think of what to say, “I was just thinking about how Fred and George left school on their brooms in order to avoid another detention with Umbridge during their last year.” She scowled to herself hoping to the gods that they did not see through her lie. I really am an idiot!!!

Ron grinned, “Yeh… that was pretty funny! Mum and dad were so upset with them though… leaving school like that just before graduation!”

“Your mum and dad got them to take special summer classes though, right? So they ended up graduating and everything?”

Ron nodded, “Yeh… it wasn’t easy to convince them to take the classes either. They had had it already anyway.”

Ginny smiled to herself. Suddenly, she felt something touching her on her lower back and slowly making its way up towards her shoulders. Her whole entire body stiffened and she moved in order to get away from Harry’s hand, which was now desperately trying to reach around her waist.

“Will you excuse me?” Ginny asked. She abruptly stood up and darted out of the pub into the cold outside.

At that moment, Madame Rosemerta returned with the four butterbeers, “Well, I guess it’s only three then?”

***

Ginny walked by herself along the main road in Hogsmeade’s center. She was very upset at Harry’s behaviour. ‘How dare he make such an assumption! How dare he try and touch me without my permission!’ she thought to herself.

She walked for several minutes and then finally sat down on a small wooden bench. Suddenly, she felt strong hands grasp her shoulders causing her to jump and let out a small shriek.

“Sorry…” came Draco’s voice.

Ginny looked over at him as he walked around the bench and sat down next to her, “It’s all right.”

“And I’m sorry for that glare I gave you back there in The Three Broomsticks…”

Ginny sighed, “I know you are…” her voice trailed.

“I bought something for you. I think that you’ll like it.”

Ginny’s eyes brightened, “A present? But it isn’t my birthday and Christmas isn’t for another month and a half!”

“Really Weasley… does there need to be an occasion for me to buy you a present?”

The girl smiled, “I suppose not.”

Draco stood up and glanced around. All was clear so he grasped her hand and led her to a more secluded location… there was some space in a little alleyway between a bakery and a wizard photo shop. The blond boy handed her a package and gestured for her to open it up.

Ginny obliged and found herself gasping in awe at the beautiful dark green velvet cloak she held in her hands. It had a lovely large hood with satin ribbons and a warm lining that could be removed for warmer weather. The material was so soft to the touch and the cut was very feminine.

“Try it on,” Draco replied.

Ginny blushed and removed her own tattered cloak and tried on the new and beautiful cloak. She smiled broadly, “I don’t know what to say… it’s so beautiful… I don’t deserve something as exquisite as this…”

Draco smiled, “You look beautiful in it… it suits you. And you are worth more than this cloak any day… always remember that.”

A single tear streamed down her cheek. Draco was thrilled to see that she loved the present and placed a sweet and gentle kiss on the tip of her nose.

“Let’s get out of here…”

Ginny nodded.

“To the piano room?” he asked.

“To the piano room.”

Across the road, Pansy Parkinson watched Ginny, in the ravishing cloak, head back to Hogwarts with Draco. Her cool blue eyes narrowed, “That whore…” she whispered.
Ch8: The Hero, The Villain by Indigo Child
Chapter 8: The Hero, The Villain


A few weeks later, Ginny was sitting in the library reading a book about neoclassical music composition. Draco had actually recommended that she read it… though she was surprised, as well as amused, to learn that it was a muggle book. But at the same time, she knew all too well, that muggles had kept the best records regarding the various types of music out there. Funny how he actually loves muggle music!

The red-haired girl was sitting quietly in a squishy chair all to herself when suddenly the book was grasped out of her hands.

“What’re you reading?”

Ginny frowned, “Oh Harry… give me back my book!”

Harry smiled, “If you want it, you’ll have to catch me.”

“That’s not fair… you’re much faster than I am… you’re a Seeker for crying out loud! Now give it here!” The girl desperately tried to reach for it, but Harry being taller and quicker was able to keep it just far enough away that she was unable to reach it.

Ginny scowled. Just then, she noticed that Draco, along with Blaise Zabini, entered the library. She wanted to run over to him, but she really wanted her book back as well. Music was precious to her and she did not want certain people namely her brothers, Hermione or Harry interfering or getting involved with that part of her life unless it was on her terms. Besides, she and Draco had decided not to be too public about their relationship… the timing just was not right… not yet.

Draco glanced over at Ginny and stared daggers at Harry. Ginny was trying to get a book back, but Harry was instigating her and preventing her from even touching the book with her finger tips.

‘So immature…’ Draco thought.

“Come on, Ginny… you can do better than that!” Harry laughed.

Ginny was getting angry now, “Give it here, Potter!”

Harry’s green eyes widened. Did she just call me Potter?!?!

“You heard me… give it here!!!”

Draco smiled to himself. That’s my girl…

Reluctantly, Harry handed her the book back, “I don’t see what the big deal is… I was just playing, is all…”

Ginny actually sneered at him, “Well I’m not in the mood for your games Harry Potter!”

Harry frowned, “But Ginny… I really didn’t mean to upset you. I actually wanted to ask you to go to Hogsmeade with me this coming weekend. It’s the last trip before the winter holidays and it’s almost Christmas and all…”

Draco looked up; Blaise was too busy writing something on a piece of parchment to notice all that was going on. His silvery eyes narrowed. Ginny looked over at Draco and noticed his jealous expression. If only it was safe to tell people…

She placed her hands on her hips, “No.”

“Did I just hear you correctly? Did you actually say ‘no’?”

“Yes, you did hear me correctly. My answer is no.”

“No? But why?”

Ginny heaved a sigh, “Because there’s someone else… and he is a far cry better than you!”

“Who is he?”

Ginny remained silent, she did not want to break the agreement that she and Draco had made without discussing it with him first. Besides, he was only sitting a few tables away from them and therefore she was sure that he could hear every word of her conversation with Harry and she in no way wanted to force him into an awkward situation. If he was not going to speak up, then she certainly would not either.

Finally she spoke, “That is my affair. Now, if you would excuse me.” Ginny stood up and stormed out of the library, book in hand. Draco immediately excused himself as well and went after her, Harry never noticed him leave.

***

As Draco neared the secret piano room he could hear very strong music being played. He smirked to himself, ‘So that’s what she plays when she gets frustrated and angry!’ he thought. His smirk suddenly turned into a smile.

Draco pushed open the door, but Ginny continued to play. He just stood there, leaning against the wall and listening to her. Finally, the girl stopped and heaved a sigh. She could feel his icy gray eyes gazing at her.

“What!” she shouted.

Draco just smirked, “A little feisty today, aren’t we.”

Ginny scowled, but Draco just smiled at her. His change of expression caused Ginny to blush a deep shade of red and then finally she let out a small giggle.

“You are so beautiful when you are angry,” Draco drawled as he walked over to her.

“Well, he was being ridiculous… really!”

Draco arched an eyebrow as if he were curious about what had happened to her to make her so upset.

“Oh come off it… I know that you heard everything.” The girl smiled.

Draco kissed her hand, “And you handled it beautifully. In fact, would you like to accompany me to Hogsmeade? We’ve let one chance to go together already pass us by and I’d like to finally get the chance to show you off. And you can wear your new cloak.”

“But I thought that you wanted to keep it secret for now. Besides… what about the other Slytherins? What will they think… Blaise… and Pansy!”

“First of all, Blaise will be fine about it. In fact, he already knows… I told him earlier today. I must say that he was disappointed… but we do have his full support. Pansy… well, she’ll just have to get over it.”

“What if she can’t… and there’s your father, Draco… his plans…”

“Well, his plans will just have to include you now, won’t they.”

“He won’t ever include me… he tried to kill me, remember? The Chamber… and…”

“I don’t care about any of that… he’ll just have to get used to it.”

“Draco, I don’t know… I’d love to… it’s such a tremendous risk… is the risk really worth it?

“Yes, it is…”

***

“I fear that he’s straying Mr. Malfoy… he’s grown attached to someone that he should not have grown attached to… it should be me… not her!”

“Now now, Miss Parkinson… all will be remedied in the end. Who is this girl that he’s infatuated with now?”

Pansy scowled into the silvery mirror, “Virginia Weasley… a Weasley? How insulting!”

Lucius Malfoy remained silent for several seconds, “I see. Well now Miss Parkinson, the winter holidays are nearly here. You will make sure that his attachments with the girl are severed and destroyed… after all, you will be with him nearly everyday in those classes that you’ll be taking, correct?” he replied lazily, though a hint of malice resounded in his voice.

“Yes.”

“You must also keep me abreast of how he fairs in the class. It will be a major asset to us all if the two of you become licensed animagi… well, I suppose that the license does not really matter, but you will have gained the skill. Not many in our circle have the gift or natural ability to become animagi… Peter Pettigrew is one of our best, but he is too timid to be of any real use… besides, he is missing an arm…” the elder Malfoy’s voice trailed a bit at the memory of the ritual that had happened just three years earlier.

Pansy nodded at the mirror, “Yes, Mr. Malfoy.”

“Very good. You needn’t worry yourself, Miss Parkinson… I have no intentions of allowing my son to breed with such pureblood filth as a Weasley… Now, you have the winter holidays to make sure that he loses interest in the wretched girl and once she’s out of his life for good, it should be easy for you to keep him in line for his up-coming initiation this summer. I am counting on you… The Dark Lord is counting on you. You will not fail us.”

“Yes, Mr. Malfoy.”
Ch9: Holiday Plans by Indigo Child
Chapter 9: Holiday Plans


Draco and Ginny walked along the main road of Hogsmeade’s center together… linked together… arm in arm. Ginny was wearing the new velvet cloak that Draco had bought her and he held his head up high in that arrogant, aristocratic sort of manner that he was so good at portraying. Only a Slytherin…

They walked by a flower shop. In the window, there were all sorts of flowers… both magical and non-magical. Ginny stopped and gazed inside while Draco just stared at their reflections in the glass. They were really quite an attractive couple. She was so beautiful… her red hair flowing down her back and her skin looked like milky white porcelain with the exception of a few freckles sprinkled across her nose. He was pleased with his own looks as well. His blond hair had a slightly mussed appearance that most of the girls seemed to go wild for… and he had a nice ‘Seeker’ build that could still be seen despite his heavy cloak. He marveled at how flawless his finely chiseled facial features were. He returned his stare back to Ginny and smirked suddenly.

Ginny looked up at him… staring at him through her reflection in the glass. The girl smiled and turned to look at him with her own eyes. Draco leaned down and kissed the tip of Ginny’s nose causing her to blush. At that moment, he walked inside the flower shop and minutes later returned by her side handing her a beautiful rose. The rose was such a deep shade of purple that it almost appeared to be black. Ginny held the flower to her nose and breathed in deeply… drinking in the delicious scent. She sighed.

“Thank you…” she whispered.

“It’s nothing… I just wanted you to have it.”

The two continued on their walk through the village. Several students stopped to stare at them as they meandered along the roads. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff girls were whispering wildly while the Gryffindors were gaping in utter astonishment. The Slytherins… both males and females… all seemed to sneer in disgust. But neither Draco nor Ginny paid them any mind… they did not care. They were content to just spend some time together.

***

Harry stood in line at Honeydukes anxiously awaiting to purchase some sweets for his friends. Both Ron and Hermione had decided not to go to Hogsmeade. Hermione wanted to stay in and study and she had somehow managed to talk Ron into studying with her… though Harry was sure that Ron did not really mind ‘studying’ with Hermione… he knew all too well that he fancied her and besides, his act of being annoyed by Hermione’s demands was absolutely terrible. He smiled to himself.

“What’ll it be deary?” and old witch asked.

Harry looked at the sweets displayed at the counter, “I’ll have one bag of melonberry sugarquills… and… three chocolate frogs… and… one bag of caramel crèmes… and… one bag of lemon drops… please.”

Harry paid for the sweets and then scowled to himself. He was still very upset that Ginny had refused to go to Hogsmeade with him. He was sure that she fancied him as much as he fancied her… but was mortified and humiliated to learn that she actually fancied someone else. Then, to make matters worse, she told him off in front of everyone in the library.

Harry walked out of Honeydukes and planned to make the trek back to the castle so that he could share all the newly purchased sweets with his friends. He stopped suddenly, however, and nearly dropped his purchases onto the ground, which was lightly dusted with snow. There, across the street, he saw Ginny Weasley… and she was linked arm in arm with… Draco Malfoy?

Harry took off his glasses and wiped them clean. When he put them back on, the scene had not changed. Ginny was with Draco… and she looked… happy. Draco looked happy. Harry sneered and narrowed his eyes.

‘How could she choose Malfoy over me? It doesn’t make any sense! None at all!’ he thought to himself. He immediately wondered as to what Ron would think about this… Ron would definitely be outraged and rightly so. All of a sudden, Harry felt a knot form in his stomach. He could not tell Ron… it was just too embarrassing. Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, being beaten in the games of love by Draco Malfoy, Death-Eater to be extraordinaire?! He felt utterly humiliated.

About a block away, Pansy Parkinson watched Harry as he stood there in surprise and disgust while looking at Ginny and Draco. An evil smile curled on her lips.

***

Draco sat there listening to Ginny play the beautiful piano. His eyes were completely closed as he listened. The music pulsed through him… it was flowing within him along with his blood. He could feel it reverberating in his chest. The emotion inside him swelled and he suddenly felt as if all his breath was taken away. He gasped for the precious air… trying desperately to breathe. He felt faint. The music stopped just then.

“Are you all right?” Ginny asked.

Draco’s eyes snapped open, “Yes,” he drawled.

Ginny pursed her lips, “Oh… you seemed to have trouble breathing… I thought that you took ill or something.”

Draco smiled, “No… it’s just the music… your playing really has an affect on me.”

Ginny grinned, “I see…” her eyes sparkled.

At that moment, Draco walked over to her and sat down on the piano bench with her, “Mind if I play something?”

“Not at all…” The red-haired girl stood up and sat down on one of the pillows on the floor.

Draco heaved a sigh and placed his hands on the piano keys. He began to press them one by one and an eerie melody spilled forth. It rushed at Ginny like a flowing river… sweeping her up in its currents. She gasped. The minor sounds echoing throughout the room gave her bones a chill and she shivered.

Suddenly, Ginny felt compelled to walk over to him… to touch him. She stood up and walked behind him… her eyes watching with amazement at how deftly his fingers moved across the black and white keys. Then, she wrapped her arms around him, but he continued to play. She leaned her head against his back allowing her senses to be overwhelmed by the feel of him as well as by the intoxicating music he was creating. Her breathing became erratic, but he still continued to play. He was lost in the music. Her hands moved along his chest and she gently kissed the back of his neck. The music became stronger, more powerful. Her hands moved down to his thighs… she squeezed. Draco continued to play; his breathing was very rapid, however… more than usual when he played. Suddenly, she found her hand brushing him between his legs. She could feel his excitement, causing her to gasp. The music grew even more emotional and finally it came to its climax and ended. When Draco stopped playing, he was panting… sweat was dripping along the sides of his face.

He turned around just then and looked deeply into Ginny’s eyes, “That was amazing…”

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows, “What?”

“I don’t know what you just did to me… but it was amazing…”

Ginny laughed, “I just touched you while you were playing is all… you didn’t even really ‘climax’ or anything.” She smiled coyly… for she knew exactly the effect she had just had on him… not only had his emotions been apparent in a physical nature, but they had been apparent in the music he played as well.

“It was more than that… you have no idea!”

Ginny giggled, “Well… I must say that whatever that was that you played… it was wonderful… it touched me unlike anything I’ve ever heard you play before.”

Draco smirked, “Consider it one of my Christmas presents to you.”

Ginny arched an eyebrow causing Draco to chuckle.

“That… is how I feel for you.”

Ginny just smiled. She truly loved this side of Draco… the passionate, emotional side. The side that did not seem to care as to how he came across to anyone… all that mattered was that he expressed his feelings to her… and her alone. She felt so special.

“Well, that was wonderful… thank you.”

Ginny leaned toward him, but Draco grasped her and kissed her hard on the mouth. He suddenly forced her down onto the floor, smothering her body with his. She groaned at his slight forcefulness, which caused him to almost snarl with animalistic pleasure… he deepened the kiss. She responded by parting her lips… inviting him to explore every inch of her mouth and tongue. He obliged. He then planted vampire-like kisses along her sensitive neck causing her to gasp in both pain and pleasure.

Suddenly, Draco pulled away.

“What’s the matter?” Ginny asked, while trying to catch her breath.

“If we don’t stop… you’ll lose more than just your breath…” he panted.

Ginny blushed. Her body was longing for his… she just wanted him to take her… but she knew that he was waiting for the right time. He really wanted her first time to be extra special.

She sat up and looked down at her opened blouse and gasped. Then she also realized that her bra had been unclasped. She smiled sheepishly to herself. When did he manage to do all that?

“So… when are you going home for the holidays?” Draco asked.

Ginny fixed her skirt, which had been pushed up almost to her waist. “Tomorrow… late morning…”

“I’ll miss you…”

Ginny smiled, “I’ll miss you too. But you have classes to take, right?”

Draco nodded, “Yeh… I’m really looking forward to them, actually… I just wish that Pansy Parkinson wasn’t taking them with me… she’ll probably end up my study partner or something.”

Ginny winced, “Well… hopefully it won’t be that bad.”

Draco noticed her flinch at the sound of Pansy’s name, “You don’t have to worry about her, you know…”

The red-head looked over at him, “I know… I trust you…”

Draco helped the girl up and hugged her tightly, “That means a lot to me… thank you…”
Ch10: Animagus (part 1) by Indigo Child
Chapter 10: Animagus (part 1)


Draco sat bolt upright clutching his chest… gasping deeply and desperately for delicious, precious air. Pain… a dreadful pain filled his lungs and it frightened him. Ginny. He began to fill his mind with thoughts of Ginny… the only person in the world who seemed to love him and care for him… just as he was… no questions asked. At least he was mostly sure that she did. His labored breathing slowly became easier as images of the red-head filled his mind and thoughts of initiations and Death-Eaters left it. He tried to calm himself… letting the air flow naturally in and out of his lungs.

The blond Slytherin got up out of bed and put on his black slippers and night robe. He then proceeded to walk over to his window… allowing the cold air to blow upon his face. His face was expressionless. His Ginny had left that morning for the winter holidays and he missed her terribly… her eyes, her hair… her singing, her playing… He heaved a sigh.

Draco was glad, however, since his first animagus class began later on that morning. The only thing he dreaded about the class was having to interact with fellow Slytherin, Pansy Parkinson.

Suddenly, Draco’s fireplace erupted and the head of Lucius Malfoy… his father and Death-Eater… appeared. Draco scowled, but his father took no notice.

“Ah Draco.”

“Father.”

Lucius smirked, “Good, you are awake. I wanted to check on you as your first animagus class is tomorrow is it not?”

Draco rolled his eyes and sneered, “Yes father if you must know.”

“Crucio!”

Draco fell to the floor writhing and convulsing in pain… though he would not shout out no matter how much he wanted to. That is what his father wanted and he knew it… he would not give him the satisfaction. Slowly, Draco was becoming more and more defiant towards his father when he called… and Draco knew that this was beginning to anger the man immensely… though he no longer cared. He had his Ginny… and he had his music…

“I fear that you are softening! Why is that, Draco?” Lucius’s voice sounded like that of a madman.

Draco continued to convulse from the pain that was surging through his body. It felt as though a thousand knives were stabbing and ripping at every ounce of flesh on his body… as though his skin were peeling off while he still lived and breathed… it was torture… but he would not shout out.

“Well? Answer me!”

At that moment, the pain stopped and Draco lay limply on the floor, his hands clutching his head. Slowly, he turned towards his father’s head in the fireplace.

“I’m not soft… I’m as hard as steel,” he paused. “Whoever your informant is… they obviously don’t have any clue about me at all!” Does he already know about Ginny? I’m so stupid!

Lucius looked fiercely at his son, “Really? I disagree…” The man’s eyes grew wild, “You just be sure to keep me informed as to how you fair in your class. I’ll be calling again soon. Hopefully you’ll be more… agreeable… then.”

Suddenly, Lucius Malfoy disappeared from the fireplace and the room became eerily quiet. Draco hoisted himself up and sat there for several minutes on the floor of his private bedroom. He knew that it was going to be a long two weeks… he needed to get out. So, he headed out to the one place he knew solace… the secret piano room.

***

“All right, class,” Professor McGonagall began. “Now you are all here because you are interested in becoming licensed animagi. Well… hopefully by the end of the next two weeks… you will get your licenses. However, you must be able to pass the exam first,” she peered over the top of her square-shaped spectacles making sure to set her eyes on every student in the class.

Draco looked around. There were not nearly as many students in the class as he was used to. He saw Pansy Parkinson of course, which caused him to roll his eyes in disgust… as well as Susan Bones and Ernie MacMillan of Hufflepuff; Terry Boot, Padma Patil and Mandy Brocklehurst of Ravenclaw; and lastly Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil and Seamus Finnegan of Gryffindor. It would indeed be an interesting two weeks where this class was concerned.

“Right then… first I want you all to think of an animal. Don’t be long about it now… picture the first one that comes to mind,” she paced up and down along the aisles between the desks. “This particular animal would be the one most natural for you to transform into… however, that does not mean that it is the best choice.”

Draco cleared his mind and immediately the image of a snake emerged. He smiled evilly and let out a soft chuckle. ‘Wonder if that’ll be all right?’ he thought to himself. Suddenly, the crisply clear image of the snake transformed into that of a hawk… specifically, a red-tailed hawk. He arched his eyebrows in surprise.

“Now… I assume that you all are picturing an animal.”

Everyone in the class nodded and a few of the students even replied, “Yes, professor.”

“Good. I’d like to speak to you each individually concerning the animal you have chosen at this time to transform into. If there are any problems, we can work it out now and determine what animal would be best for you,” she paused just then and smiled. “In the meantime, you are free to read or talk quietly amongst yourselves… Bones, Susan?”

The Hufflepuff girl walked up to Professor McGonagall to begin her discussion as to what animal she would learn to transform into.

“Draco…” Pansy whispered.

“What…” he replied, annoyance evident in his voice.

“What animal have you chosen? I’m going to become a cat… just like McGonagall!”

“What’s it to you anyway.” She seemed way too cheerful and it bothered him greatly. What’s she up to?

The blond girl pouted, “Oh Draco… the things you say sometimes… really, I don’t know why I put up with you.”

“I don’t ask you to put up with me,” he retorted.

“Hmph… well, you had better be nicer… especially if we’re going to be study partners and all.”

“Boot, Terence?”

“Who said anything about us being study partners,” Draco hissed.

Pansy glared at the Slytherin boy, “Oh come on… who else are you going to pair up with? One of the Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs? Or are you know pairing up with Gryffindors…”

“Brocklehurst, Mandy?”

Draco narrowed his eyes, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Pansy flinched at his words and bit her lip. Suddenly, she spoke, “Nothing really… it’s just that you’ve been acting really weird lately and I don’t like it one bit.”

“Then why don’t you just ignore me?” he growled.

“Brown, Lavender?”

Pansy smiled her sexiest smile, “Now why would I want to do that… after all, we have a past. A glorious past…” Obviously, the girl was trying to sound seductive.

“I told you Parkinson, you were just a mere fuck… and not even a good one at that…”

Pansy’s eyes widened and tears began to well in them, “How can you say that?”

“Finnegan, Seamus?”

“Very easily… do I have to put you through another public humiliation in order to get it through that thick head of yours? This is getting to be really annoying.”

“Draco Malfoy… like it or not… you will be my study partner for this class or else you’ll be sorry!”

Draco could see the menacing look in the girl’s blue eyes and he knew that she probably would go to great lengths to make sure that they indeed worked together. That look in her eyes was so familiar and it caused him to shudder. She is definitely up to something…

“MacMillan, Ernie?”

“Fine, Parkinson… I’ll be your bloody partner… gods.”

The girl smiled evilly at his words, “Good… wise decision. You won’t be sorry, Draco… we’ll work wonderful magic together.”

The blond girl reached her hand up behind Draco’s neck and caressed it. A wave of nausea swept over him at her touch.

“Malfoy, Draco?”

A feeling of sweet and wonderful relief filled Draco at the sound of Professor McGonagall calling his name. Immediately, he stood up… eager to get as far away as possible from the female Slytherin. Casually and calmly he approached the Gryffindor Head of House.

“So, Mr. Malfoy… I’m glad that you’ve decided to take my animagus class.”

“Thank you professor. I’m looking forward to it.”

“Very good. I expect much from you and I hope that you’ll be willing to help out any student who has trouble, seeing as how you have the highest marks in Transfiguration for your year and all.”

Draco just nodded.

“Now, what animal have you chosen?”

“Well… at first I pictured a snake…” his voice trailed.

Professor McGonagall frowned slightly.

“But, it changed to into a red-tailed hawk.”

“Ah… wonderful… and very interesting.”

Draco arched an eyebrow in wonder.

“Now then… your first assignment is to learn all about the animal that you have chosen. You’ll find it easier to transform if you know all about that which you are trying to become. I expect a one foot long essay about the red-tailed hawk at tomorrow’s class… and the incantation that you must say to yourself during the transfiguring process is ‘Formam Amoveo.’”
Ch11: Animagus (part 2) by Indigo Child
Chapter 11: Animagus (part 2)


Over the next several classes, everyone was learning how to clear their minds and only allow thoughts of their specific animal to enter in. It was not an easy task to say the least. There was so very much to think about concerning the animal.

Professor McGonagall had said, “It is imperative that you know as much as possible about your animal because it makes the transformation much easier as well as more complete. Therefore… the better the transformation, the more difficult it is for someone to determine if you are indeed a transfigured witch or wizard.” Obviously, the animagus, if truly skilled, could be an asset to The Ministry of Magic or become an outstanding Auror… or even a spy!

~~~

Draco suddenly leaped out of bed and collapsed to his knees clutching his chest as he desperately tried to breathe. Frantic thoughts raced through his mind… he felt as though he were dying. His heart was racing and an overwhelming sense of panic flowed through his entire body. He could feel his hands trembling. After several minutes, his gasps became longer and his air intake became easier. He closed his eyes, trying to let calmness take over… desperately pushing all thoughts concerning Death-Eaters and initiations out of his mind.

Suddenly, he heard a tapping on his window. The blond boy looked up and saw a battered old owl perched outside. Slowly, he stood up. He paused for a moment since he felt rather dizzy. Once he regained his balance, Draco walked over to his window and let the old owl inside.

The owl dropped a letter and instantly fell onto the floor. Draco arched an eyebrow in confusion. ‘Is it dead?’ he thought to himself at the owl’s strange behaviour. He kneeled down next to the large bird… it was still breathing… it was just exhausted.

At that moment, Draco smirked… Errol! The Weasley Family owl!

Draco snatched up the letter and began to read the gently swirling letters that only Ginny could have written.

My dearest Draco,

I miss you more than you could ever know. But we’ll be together again soon.

I hope that you are enjoying your class and learning heaps. I can’t wait to hear all about it from you once I get back! It must be so interesting! I believe that Seamus, Parvati and Lavender are in the class as well… they had said that they were going to be taking it… well, that’s what Ron had told me anyway.

Have you been playing much? I hope so since I know how much you love it! I’ve been playing a bit here and my mum is astounded as to how much better I’ve become! You really are a wonderful teacher… I thank you for that!

Well, it’s almost dinner time so I must go. I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday. Remember that you are always in my thoughts and in my heart.

With all my heart,
Ginny

Draco smiled after he read her letter and held it close to his heart. At that, he heaved a sigh and made his way towards the secret piano room.

***

“Now, you’ve all been doing fairly well concerning your research on your specific animals. And for the most part, you’ve all become fairly proficient at clearing your minds of everything save your animal. The next step to learning the skill of the animagus is the most difficult.” Professor McGonagall’s expression suddenly became very serious.

Draco glanced around the room. Ernie MacMillan looked over at him. Draco gave him an evil glare causing the Hufflepuff boy to gasp in fear and abruptly look away. Draco smirked.

“All right everyone… in order to take the next step, I’d like for you all to pair up into sets of two. Each of you is to try and transform into your chosen animal one at a time. I’d like for one of you to say the incantation and transform while the other observes. Observers, it is your job to see if there are any obvious mistakes occurring. Transfigurers, you will probably find this spell to be more difficult than you are used to… seeing as you will not be using your wands,” she paused as several students gasped. “All right… on you all go then.”

“Draco…” Pansy sang sweetly.

Draco rolled his eyes, “Yeh… you first… I’ll watch.”

Pansy’s eyes widened for she was fearful to do a spell without the aid of her wand. But she smiled and stated, “Formam Amoveo!”

The blond girl began to change shape… whiskers and bits of fur appeared on her face and her eyes turned a strange shade of green. Suddenly, a tail sprouted out of her bum.

Draco sniggered to himself. Pansy’s transformation was obviously incomplete… she looked downright dreadful.

“Well… you definitely need more practice!” Draco howled with laughter.

“Hmph… well, if you’re so clever… meow!”

Draco doubled over clutching his stomach.

“It’s not funny! Meow!!”

Draco continued laughing and pulled out his wand, “Finite Incantatem!” he shouted.

Pansy changed back into her normal self, “Oh Draco! It’s not funny… it’s more difficult than it looks!”

“Really?” he drawled.

“Why don’t you try it then… you’ll see what I mean and then you’ll be sorry!” her cheeks were red with embarrassment. “It’s not the same without a wand!”

“Formam Amoveo!”

Immediately, Draco’s form shrunk down into that of a bird… and not just any bird. He turned into the animal of his choice… a red-tailed hawk. He let out a shrill cry that pierced all of the students’ ears.

Professor McGonagall’s face bore a huge smile, “Well done Mr. Malfoy! Well done!”

Draco looked over at the professor and lowered his head. He was amazed at the sensation of being in this new form. He noticed that his eyesight was much sharper… as was his hearing. He could also feel that his other senses were heightened and that his reflexes were quicker. Suddenly, he had the urge to try and fly. Immediately, he began to flap his wings and he easily lifted off the floor and flew over to a nearby desk.

“Wonderful! Class, this is an example of what you are trying to achieve! You are to thoroughly become your animal in every way!”

Draco tried to smirk at her praising words, but found that he could not. His beak would not allow for such an expression to be shown. At that moment, he thought the words, ‘Finite Incantatem!’ Draco transformed into his normal blond self once again, though he was casually sitting on top of the desk he had flown to just moments ago.

Pansy walked over to Draco… her lips twisted into an ugly pout and her blue eyes flashing with an unusual fierceness.

Draco just heaved a sigh, “I told you that it was simple.”

***

“Mr. Malfoy… I’m not having any luck with your son. He is impossible!”

“Crucio!”

The blond girl dropped her mirror and fell onto the floor into a fit of convulsions, “Stop it! Make it stop!”

“You will not fail me, Parkinson! You will turn him away from that filthy vagabond of a girl or you will suffer the consequences!”

“I’m trying!” she shouted as she writhed in pain on the floor. Suddenly, the pain stopped.

“Yes, yes… of course you are, my dear.”

Pansy Parkinson unsteadily tried to stand up, but found that she could not. Instead she picked up the mirror and sat on the floor, leaning against her bed.

“I’ll try harder… I swear it upon my life!”

Lucius sneered, “Of course you will, Miss Parkinson,” he paused for a moment. “How is he doing in class?”

The Slytherin girl smiled weakly, “Very well, sir. He is the top student… he can already transform completely. I don’t think that anyone could tell that he was a transfigured wizard… not even Mad-Eye Moody!”

An evil grin curled the elder Malfoy’s lips, “Ah that is good news. His newly acquired skills will prove useful for us.”

“Oh yes, indeed.”

“Very well, then. I’ll contact you again in three months time. That ought to be sufficient enough time for you to turn him away from that… that girl,” he spat. It was almost as if he thought of the fiery red-head as less than human.

“Yes, Mr. Malfoy… I swear it will be done… no matter the cost.”

***

The holiday was nearly over and Draco had passed his animagus class with flying colors. He was so proud of himself for getting his license. The only other thing he felt passionate about besides music was Transfiguration… and of course, Ginny Weasley.

Ginny. She was to return to him later on that afternoon and words could not even begin to describe the emotions that surged through his veins at the mere thought of that. He rushed to the secret piano room… waiting anxiously for the red-head to arrive.

To pass the time, he began to play the song that he wrote for her as a Christmas present. The silvery-blond became desperately lost in the music he was creating… eyes closed, breathing labored. Suddenly, he felt small hands gently caress his neck. A shiver ran down his spine and he stopped playing.

“Ginny…” he whispered as he turned around to face the girl.

Ginny smiled at him, “Did you miss me?”

Draco smirked, “Silly Gryffindor… what do you think?”

Ginny giggled at his antics as he tightly wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head beneath her breasts. He sighed as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“So… are you an animagus now?”

“Again… you silly Gryffindor… what do you think?”

Ginny shook her head, “And you call me silly!” she laughed.

Draco released her and looked up into her big brown eyes, “You want to see what I can become?”

The red-haired girl smiled broadly, “Of course!!”

‘Formam Amoveo,’ Draco thought to himself. Instantly, he transformed into the red-tailed hawk.

Ginny shrieked with delight, “A hawk! You can transform into a hawk! Brilliant!”

Draco bowed his head at her and flew up onto her shoulder. Ginny gently stroked his neck and he nuzzled her cheek. At that, Draco flew over onto the piano bench. ‘Finite Incantatem,’ he thought to himself as he transformed back into his normal self.

“That was fantastic! How’d you do it? Is it a spell or something? Perhaps a charm? But you didn’t use your wand… Or did you drink some sort of potion? Or…”

Draco kissed the tip of her nose and placed his index fingers against her lips, “Shhh…”

Ginny crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

“I’ve told you before that you are beautiful when you are angry.”

Ginny could not help herself and she blushed a deep shade of red, “You…” she smiled.

Draco laughed, “Oh how I adore you, Virginia Weasley.”

At that, Ginny laughed as well, “So really… how is it done?”

“Well… it is a spell. But you do it without the wand.”

Ginny’s eyes widened, “Really? I didn’t know that wandless spells could be done?”

“Well, they can… but it’s really difficult. But there’s more to Transfiguring as an animagus than the wandless spell. There was all this research and stuff that we had to do… quite burdensome, but very necessary to get everything right.”

“I see… well, I must say that it’s quite amazing to see someone other than McGonagall transform into an animal!”

Draco chuckled, “Why thank you… I trust that you had a nice holiday?”

“Yes, I did. Very lovely indeed… but I missed you so very much. I’m afraid that it’s quite obvious to my family that I’m swooning over someone special… I’m surprised that Ron wasn’t more inquisitive… and…”

Draco then cut her off, “So long as that someone is a dashing blond Slytherin seeker…” he hinted.

“Who else would it be you silly!” she giggled.
Ch12: Horrible Threats and Unlikely Pairs by Indigo Child
Chapter 12: Horrible Threats and Unlikely Pairs


Draco and Ginny left the secret piano room and quickly said their goodbyes before going their separate ways… Ginny towards Gryffindor tower… Draco towards the Slytherin dungeons.

As Draco walked down along the stairway leading to the dungeons, he felt this strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had this strange notion that he was being followed. Suddenly, two cool hands covered his eyes. Draco heaved a sigh and then unexpectedly felt himself being turned around. At that moment, warm lips were firmly pressed against his own.

“Get the fuck off me!” Draco roared as he pushed Pansy Parkinson away.

The blond girl fell down onto the ground.

“Really, what the hell were you thinking?”

Pansy stood up just then, “Well… I know you want me… I’ve known since that fateful day we slept together…”

“Parkinson… you were just an easy ‘lay,’ a notch on the bedpost… nothing more…”

“Oh really? And what is that whore of a Gryffindor to you then? Is she just another one of your infamous targets as well?”

“You leave her out of it!”

“I will do no such thing! Do you know what the other Slytherins are saying about you right now? Do you know what will happen to… to you if you continue on in this way? You and I were destined for one another! Can’t you see that? We are of the same kind… you and I!!!” tears were forming in her blue eyes.

“Whatever…” he replied as he turned his back towards her.

“You think that you can have any girl you want!”

Immediately, the silvery-blond Slytherin turned back around to face her, “Of course I can… look at me! Hmph! You are lucky that I even allow you the privilege to look at me at all! I should have your eyes gouged out!!!”

Pansy’s eyes widened suddenly at his words and she felt herself recoil slightly, “You’ll regret this, you know… you will…” her voice was a hoarse whisper.

Draco just waved his hand in front of her and walked away.

***

Pansy Parkinson ran through the corridors of Hogwarts… tears spilling forth from her cool blue eyes. She seemed to be running aimlessly through the school, but she knew exactly where she was going… it was time to put her plan into action. The plan she had started to devise the moment she saw that Gryffindor whore with Draco… the man she knew she was destined to marry. After all, Lucius Malfoy had promised his son to her… that was, if she was successful in keeping him in line until his initiation. Deep down, she really did not care that she was helping the Dark Lord and the Death-Eaters or that she was helping Lucius Malfoy gain favor and power within the inner circle… she wanted one thing… Draco Malfoy. And nothing would stop her from going after what she wanted… she would do whatever it took.

The blond girl climbed up the endless stairs… having to wait at one point while they changed. She scowled. The change that the staircase had decided to make caused her to have to go the long way round. She heaved a sigh and continued running towards her destination.

Finally, Pansy found herself walking along a corridor that caused the hairs on her neck to stand on end. She shuddered as she heard the familiar voices of Ron, Hermione and Harry… She was very close to Gryffindor tower. The girl carefully concealed herself behind a pillar located down the hall from the voices of her enemies. There, she waited.

After several hours, the Slytherin girl saw who she came looking for. Ginny Weasley.

***

Ginny felt herself being grabbed by the collar of her robes, “Ahhh!” she shouted.

The red-head found herself looking directly into the eyes of none other than Pansy Parkinson.

“What do you want, Parkinson!”

“What do you think you are doing?”

Ginny arched her eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

Pansy rolled her eyes in disgust, “You know very well you fucking whore!! What are you doing with my Draco?!?!”

Your Draco? Since when was he yours? Besides, people do not belong to other people!”

“Listen here, Weasley… you will keep your distance from Draco if you know what’s best for you… and for him…” her voice trailed and there was a hint of insanity glinting in her eyes.

Ginny’s eyes widened at the blond girl’s remarks.

“You have no idea of what I’m capable of doing… especially when someone crosses me and takes my things… I’m very used to getting what I want… and I always get what I want in the end… no matter what the price…”

Ginny could feel Pansy’s grip tightening and it hurt. Though she desperately tried not to, she found herself wincing from the pain the blond girl was inflicting. Pansy grinned evilly at Ginny’s discomfort.

“Remember, Weasley… I’ll be watching you…”

At that, Pansy released Ginny and darted away. The red-haired girl clutched her now aching shoulder… she knew that it was bruised due to Pansy’s tight grip… and tears were welling in her eyes. She felt afraid… desperately afraid. Never before had she seen anyone look so infuriated and just plain mad! Suddenly, she ran through the corridors, making her way to hers and Draco’s secret piano room.

***

Ginny sat at the piano, fingers moving swiftly. Suddenly, Draco entered the room. He stood there just drinking in the sounds that Ginny was creating. The sounds reverberating from the instrument were ethereal… and caused chills to run along his spine.

Finally, Ginny stopped playing and she looked up to see Draco just watching her. She felt herself shrink back a bit in fear and then she looked away.

Draco frowned, “What’s wrong? I can tell that something is wrong, you know.”

“You shouldn’t be here… I shouldn’t be here… neither of us should ever come here again… not ever.”

“What the hell are you on about?”

“I had a little chat with someone… namely a certain Slytherin girl who has her eyes set on you…”

Draco rolled his eyes, “Come on, Gin… you can’t tell me that you really want to end everything we have together because of something Parkinson said,” he mused.

Ginny’s expression was very serious, “I don’t think you understand… she is desperate… I think that she’s mad.”

“Well of course she’s mad…”

Ginny sighed in frustration, “No… I mean really mad… insane. I really think that she’ll go to great lengths to get you. I think that she would hurt or kill me… I…”

Draco walked over to Ginny and took her hands in his, “Look… don’t you worry about her. But if it makes you feel better, we’ll go back to keeping things a secret. No more outings to Hogsmeade, no more walking in the corridors together… everything will be a secret again.”

Ginny smiled at Draco’s words, “Thanks… though I don’t like it, it’s for the best… well, until Pansy calms down anyway.”

Draco ran his fingers through Ginny’s fiery tresses and leaned down to place a sweet kiss on her soft, pink lips.

***

Harry sat in one of the squishy library chairs reading one of his favorite Quidditch books. He was desperately trying to keep his mind off of Ginny. She avoided him entirely over the two week holiday.

~~~

Both Harry and Hermione had been invited to spend the holidays with the Weasley’s at the Burrow. Originally, Harry had thought that he would finally be able to talk with Ginny about her supposed relationship with Malfoy since he had seen them together at Hogsmeade… but the opportunity never arose.

The red-haired girl avoided him totally… and to make matters worse, it was obvious to the entire Weasley family that she had a secret infatuation for someone… someone other than himself… but she was like steel. No matter how hard anyone tried, she would not reveal her secret crush. But Harry knew right well who her crush was… and it was more than just a mere crush, though he desperately wished that it was not the case.

There had been several moments where he had wanted to say something to both Ron and Hermione about Ginny and Malfoy, but embarrassment and pride always won over. He knew, however, that eventually he would have to say something, it was just a matter of timing… and he knew that none of the other students would ever say anything to Ron for fear of his temper. Ron had quite the reputation in that regard. Harry knew that in the end it would be up to him to break the news… but he would wait it out just a little bit longer…

~~~

The messy-haired boy heaved a sigh.

“Well, well, well… if it isn’t Harry Potter,” drawled a female voice.

Harry looked up from his book and found Slytherin Pansy Parkinson walking towards him.

“Parkinson?”

The blond girl smiled, “I have a proposition for you, Potter… come along with me… we need to discuss this matter privately.”

Harry arched an eyebrow, but something compelled him to follow her. She led him out of the library and into the corridors. They walked for several minutes until they came upon a deserted hallway, where they hid behind a bunch of pillars.

“What is it? Why’ve you dragged me here? What the hell is going on?”

Pansy smiled sexily and ran her fingers through Harry’s messy black hair. “You see, Potter… I believe that we can help each other.”

Harry inched away from the girl, “You help me?”

“Oh Harry, Harry, Harry… really… I know what is troubling you… and believe you me, it troubles me as well.”

Suddenly, Harry’s eyes widened, “You are upset at their relationship too?”

“But of course, sweet Harry… you know that I’ve had my eye on Draco since year one…”

An evil grin spread across Harry’s face.

“I see that you finally get my meaning…”

Harry nodded, “Yeh… I think I do… what kind of plan do you have in mind?”

“Well… first of all, I think that we need to follow them and keep an eye on them… we need to learn what they do and where they meet… only then, can we put any sort of plan into action.”

“They won’t be hurt or anything?”

“Of course not…” she replied, though her fingers were crossed behind her back. Don’t care if that red-headed whore is hurt… or killed!!!

“Okay, Parkinson… consider us a team.”

“Excellent. We start tonight.”
Ch13: Secrets Unspoken by Indigo Child
Chapter 13: Secrets Unspoken


Draco quietly made his way through the corridors of Hogwarts… though he had this feeling in the pit of his stomach that he was being watched… followed. He glanced behind himself several times, but no one was there to be seen.

Finally, the silvery-blond found himself walking along the hallway leading to the secret piano room… the very room where his Ginny was waiting for him… where they could unleash their passions for music as well as for each other. He felt his heart begin to race.

Suddenly, he came upon the mirror hanging on the wall. He stopped abruptly and could not help but look at his reflection. He smirked and heaved a contented sigh. He was quite pleased with his appearance and was sure that Ginny would certainly approve as well… How could she not? He laughed to himself as he remembered the lesson where she had given away that very secret.

~Flashback Start~

Ginny blushed and turned away from his gaze.

Finally, she spoke, “I… I feel like I’m… like I’m almost pretty when I play…” she hesitated just then. It was obvious that she was embarrassed at her superficial words. For it was apparent that music meant so very much to her and there she was talking about her looks.

She bit her lip and began babbling and rambling about the first thing that came into her mind, “Of course, you probably don’t understand… You always look good. I mean… I know that you know that you look good… ummm… I…” she blushed the deepest shade of red imaginable.

Draco grinned at her words.

~Flashback End~

At that moment he thought about the girl’s beautiful eyes and soft skin… her silky hair and perfect lips…

Again, the Slytherin smirked… but his eyes were shining brightly.

Yes, Ginny was beautiful… but there was more to her than just beauty… she had such an addicting personality and love for music… her love for music rivaled even his own passion and that thrilled him more than he could tell.

He suddenly wondered at that very moment if she felt the same way towards him… he knew that she thought him attractive… But was there more… did she truly feel as he did towards her? Often he thought that he saw a special look in her eyes… but she had not even told him that she loved him… but then again, neither had he. Suddenly, thoughts of past years flooded his mind. He had always been so horrible to her in the past and to her brothers and friends… Perhaps she can see past that?

For the first time in his life, Draco felt so unsure of himself… he hoped to the gods that she returned his feelings for her… but he had no idea how to ask or find out for sure. One thing he knew for certain was that he at least had his flawless features to help him win her over… and for that he was sincerely grateful… for he had never loved or cherished anyone as much as he did Ginny Weasley… and every little asset helped. Besides, she had more than admitted her physical attraction towards him.

Suddenly, he blinked hard and allowed all his doubtful thoughts leave his mind and body… his Ginny was waiting… Slowly, he walked towards the door and opened it.

“Draco!” Ginny exclaimed. “I was beginning to wonder… did you have a run in with Filch?”

Draco just smiled, “No… but I do think that I was being followed.”

“Did you see anyone?”

“No… just a feeling… it’s probably nothing.”

Ginny walked over to the blond boy and placed a sweet kiss against his lips. “I have something for you to hear… come…” she took hold of his hand and led him over to the piano.

She sat down and began to play a beautiful melancholy melody unlike anything Draco had ever heard before. He closed his eyes and drank in the sounds… they penetrated him deeply and he suddenly was able to envision very clear images… images of his past… times when he had been especially mean to his Ginny… and then the sounds changed… he could see the friendship that developed between he and his fiery red-head… and then something more… he gasped. Suddenly, his eyes shot open and tears began to stream down his pales cheeks… quickly he wiped them away. Could she love me?

The Slytherin stood up and walked around to the other side of the piano… his breathing labored. He placed his hand over his heart… it ached… with sorrow and happiness. Finally, he turned around to look at the girl playing this haunting music… his eyes wide and full of such expression.

Ginny locked her eyes with his and at that moment, the song ended. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and a sweet smile touched her lips. She stood up just then and walked over to Draco… he was shaking… full of such raw emotion. Little did she know how her music captured the thoughts he was having moments ago while staring at his own reflection in the hallway.

Draco stared down into Ginny’s cinnamony-brown eyes for several moments and leaned slowly downward… gently touching his lips to hers.

“That…” he said between kisses. “Was… one of the most beautiful… pieces of music… I have ever… heard…”

Ginny smiled, “That… was for you… Draco…”

***

About an hour or so later, the Slytherin and Gryffindor emerged from their secret meeting place. Hand in hand, the two raced along the hallway desperately trying to return to their respective dorms before they were caught by Filch or a prefect.

“I could have sworn I heard music coming from in there!” Pansy whispered.

“Yeah… me too.”

Harry removed his invisibility cloak off of Pansy and himself.

“Hmph… so that’s the room they meet up in… one of them must play…”

“Well, I know that Ginny does… maybe she likes to practice at night or something…”

“Very unlikely… I think that there’s more to this little room of theirs… let’s go take a look at it, shall we?”

Pansy quickly ran into the room… Harry reluctantly followed. Once inside all they could see was a large piano and a bunch of old decrepit chairs and pillows. The room was rather shabby… not at all Draco Malfoy’s style. Pansy smirked.

“What the hell is so special about this room? Maybe the piano is enchanted or something.”

“Parkinson, I told you that Ginny plays…”

“Well, I have a hard time believing that Draco Malfoy would sneak through the halls of Hogwarts in order to listen to some stupid Gryffindor play a bunch of rubbish!”

Harry frowned, “I suppose… but I don’t know.”

Pansy turned to face Harry, “Harry Potter… either you’re with me or you aren’t… you had better decide now.”

Harry heaved a sigh, “I’m with you.”

“Good,” replied the Slytherin. “I have a plan to break them up… since we now know where they meet, we could always set up a little scene… perhaps I could stall Draco and then he could find you and Ginny getting a little friendly in their special place,” her smile was that of pure evil. “So… you game?”

Harry’s eyes flashed with a sense of hope as well as revenge, “Yeh… I’m game!”

***

Draco entered the Slytherin common room and sank into one of the velvety green chairs while heaving a contented sigh.

“You seem to be in a good mood,” drawled Blaise Zabini.

Draco smirked, “Perhaps…”

“You’ve been with your ‘mystery’ woman.”

Draco looked over at the black-haired Slytherin, his happy mood slowly diminishing into nothingness, “Come off it Zabini… you know who she is… and so does the rest of Slytherin. There’s really no use in hiding it anymore.”

“Too true, my friend,” he grinned wickedly.

“I’m surprised her brother hasn’t tried to kill me yet!” he laughed weakly.

“I’m sure there’s a reason…” Blaise’s voice trailed.

“She played me a song tonight… and it… it…”

“You love her…” Blaise interjected.

Draco stared daggers at the boy.

“Come, come Malfoy… you needn’t pretend anymore… it’s quite obvious in my opinion… though I must say that I don’t quite understand your choice. But, as I’ve told you before… I support your decision.”

“Well… it’s my affair.”

“I didn’t mean it that way… remember, I am your friend. I’m just telling you what I see.”

Draco sighed, “I know… sorry.”

Blaise arched an eyebrow, “Did I just hear the illustrious Draco Malfoy utter an apology?” he asked sarcastically.

Draco just rolled his eyes, “Yes… you did…”

Blaise smiled and then his expression turned serious, “You ready for this summer?”

The blond boy’s breath caught in his throat causing him to gasp. His father had continued to floo him during the nights… trying to prepare him for the upcoming initiation, despite the fact that he had already made clear his decision about joining the Death-Eaters. And all too often their conversations ended with his father cursing him with an Unforgivable and then he writhing on the floor in pain.

Draco was also sure that his father knew about Ginny… he was sure that one of the Slytherins had informed him… and he had a good idea as to whom… but he was not totally sure. He just hoped that Ginny would not be in any more danger seeing as Pansy Parkinson had already threatened her.

Draco shrugged, “Yeh… I guess,” he lied.

“You guess? You sound unsure… not like you at all.” Blaise knew Draco all too well… he knew that he had no intention of joining the Death-Eaters… that he loathed the idea. He had told him so just before the winter holidays.

“Well, what do you want me to say? I’ve made my choice, but it’s being ignored… I’m powerless to stop it! But I assure you… I’ll find a way… there must be a way… I’ll withstand any torture that they can think of!” he shouted.

Blaise’s eyes widened, “Did she put you up to this? Is she the reason why you’re questioning our fate?”

“Partially… I never really wanted to join the inner circle in the first place… but before I never really questioned it because I didn’t think that there was any other way or choice… Now, that’s all changed… I see that things can be different. I want them to be different. I don’t want to be like my father!!!”

Blaise just sat there silently. He, like Draco did before, never questioned his destiny to become a Death-Eater. But since Draco’s secret rebellion against his father, he began to ponder the situation more seriously. Slowly, he was starting to see Draco’s point of view in full. He did agree that it would be a rather pathetic life… but he too never really thought that there was any other way to live… now, Draco was showing him that there could be more… that there was more.

“I see…” the black-haired boy sighed. He then looked into his friend’s eyes, “I don’t think that you ever will be.”
Ch14: Delusions and Confrontations by Indigo Child
Chapter 14: Delusions and Confrontations


Draco sat alone in his private room… the time was passing by so very slowly that he was unable to stand it any longer. At that, he stood up and began to wildly pace back and forth.

The blond Slytherin was looking forward to another music lesson with Ginny, but his mind was also occupied with the horrid thoughts of the fast approaching summer. He knew that his initiation into the Death-Eaters circle was getting closer and closer… it caused his stomach to be in a constant state of nausea.

Draco knew that he did not want to be a Death-Eater… he had even told his father so, not that he listened or accepted it. And he had secretly promised to himself that he would not join… for his Ginny, though she did not know his intentions in that regard… and his secret promise meant more to him than anything else… for she was everything to him… He did not want to disappoint her by revealing the inevitable truth nor did he want to do something against his own will… but he also did not want to place her in anymore danger. What happened to him did not matter anymore… so long as she was safe.

The tinkling sound of chimes echoed throughout his room… midnight! It was time for him to go to his Ginny.

Draco quietly exited his private rooms and entered the dungeon corridors. He began to briskly walk through the halls towards the stairs… suddenly, he felt a cool hand grasp his own. The silvery-blond rolled his eyes. Pansy Parkinson.

“What do you want, Pansy?” he spat.

The girl blushed and fluttered her eyelashes, “Really, Draco… I think you know exactly what I want.”

Draco wrenched his hand free from the Slytherin girl’s causing her eyes to tear slightly. “Parkinson… I’ve told you at least a million times to leave me alone. Don’t you get it? I don’t want to be with you… not ever! Not in any way! I’m disgusted that we have to share the same air! You really are mental, you know that?”

Pansy’s eyes flashed wildly. Mental am I… I’ll show you mental if you’re not careful!

“Hmph…” Draco muttered and began walking away. Pansy just seemed to stand there totally dumbfounded.

The blond boy continued his journey through the twisting halls of Hogwarts… thoughts of Pansy Parkinson far from his mind. Finally, he came upon the corridor leading to the only place he knew peace… He heaved a sigh of relief as he gazed down the dark hallway. As he walked, he glanced at his appearance in the mirror hanging on the wall.

Just then, he stopped and shut his eyes. Draco knew that someone was following him and he was fairly sure as to who it was. At that, he turned around and found himself face-to-face yet again with Pansy Parkinson. Why doesn’t she just get it?

“Parkinson, you really need to get a life…”

“The things you say…”

Draco glared at the blond girl causing her to shiver… he smirked at his small triumph in frightening her. “Now… if you don’t leave me alone… I’ll show you a new meaning in the name of Malfoy…”

Pansy recoiled at Draco’s words, but she did not run away.

Draco moved closer to the girl, “I’m serious, Parkinson. I don’t think you realize just how serious I am… you… are not worth my time… you… are not worth anything…”

Tears were now welling in Pansy’s eyes, “But I… I…” she stammered. “We are meant for each other…”

Draco shook his head, “No… we are not.”

“But your fa-…” Pansy suddenly covered her mouth with her hands.

Draco tilted his head in thought and then his expression turned angry… all of his curiosities concerning his father’s informant had been realized… and what was worse was that his suspicions were correct. “You are the one speaking with my father, aren’t you!?”

Pansy dropped her hands from her mouth and her eyes widened with fear and her lips began to tremble.

Draco grabbed her arms just then and began to shake her quite violently, “You are his informant! I know that you are! What has he promised you!!??”

Pansy began to sob, “Yes… I’ve been telling him about you…”

“And what have you been telling him exactly!?”

“Animagus class… your Gryffindor whore!!”

“You leave her out of it or I will personally see that you face the wrath of You-Know-Who!!!”

Pansy let out a frantic wail.

“What has he promised you in return for this information!? Answer me!” he roared.

“You! He promised me you!”

At that, Draco released the girl. She fell to her knees… gasping for air between sobs.

“Get out of my sight!” Draco hissed.

Pansy looked up into Draco’s angry face… she felt her heart flutter and she immediately got up and ran away.

***

Draco walked over to the piano room door and slowly pushed it open.

“Get off me, you git!!” came a young girl’s voice. Ginny?

When Draco entered the room he was utterly horrified. There, right before his eyes, was none other than Harry Potter groping and kissing his Ginny. The silvery-blond felt his breath catch in his throat… he felt as though he would never be able to breathe again. His heart ached… the woman he loved was with another man!

“Draco… help!” Ginny shrieked.

Draco shook his head and blinked his eyes. Ginny was not willingly with another man… was not with Harry Potter… she was actually being harassed by the scar-headed prat! Immediately, Draco pounced on the dark-haired boy… he grabbed him by the collar of his robes and shoved him, hard, onto the floor.

“She said to leave her alone!! So, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” Draco shouted.

“Me? What about you?” Harry stared up into Draco’s steely-gray eyes. “What kind of spell do you have on her? She doesn’t belong with you… she belongs with me!”

“Harry!!!” Ginny shouted. “I’ll choose who I want to be with for myself thank you!”

Draco smirked.

“And I do not choose you! You missed your chance years ago… have you really been so wrapped up in yourself that you didn’t even realize that my infatuation for you ended during my fourth year?”

“Ginny… I…” Harry stuttered.

“Save it, Harry! I’ve been dropping hints to you that I’m not interested all year long and you haven’t let up one bit! And over the holidays… everyone had figured out that I liked someone… and that that someone was not you!!! I’ve tried subtlety in order to save your pride and feelings and it looks like I actually need to be blunt!! So how’s this for blunt… you are despicable and I never want to speak to you again!”

Harry just sat there on the floor like a fool while he hung his head in shame… he was speechless.

Ginny ran over to Draco and he hugged her tightly, “You all right?” he asked while running his fingers through her fiery hair.

The red-haired girl looked up into his eyes and smiled, “Yes… now that I’m with you.”

Draco gently kissed the tip of her nose.

Harry felt so foolish. Deep down he knew that Ginny was lost from him… and it was obvious to him that she cared very much for his arch-nemesis… just as it was obvious that day in Hogsmeade when he first saw them together. And to make matters worse… it was even obvious that Malfoy cared very deeply for her in return. He cursed at himself under his breath, “You’re a damn idiot…”

Finally, the messy-haired boy stood up and made his way to leave the room. Before leaving, however, he turned towards the happy couple, “I won’t tell Ron… just wanted you to know that… hope you two are happy together.” His voice resonated with defeat and he smiled weakly. “And I’m sorry… for everything…”

Ginny smiled warmly at Harry’s words, “Thanks Harry… and I’ll tell him when the time is right… and I’m sorry too.” Draco held her closer to his body as she spoke.

At her words, a genuine grin spread across Harry’s lips, though his heart was aching. He then turned his gaze towards Draco, “I can see that she likes you… take care of her…”

The blond Slytherin looked down at Ginny, “I promise you… on my life…”

A single tear dripped from Harry’s left eye and slid down his cheek. He casually tried to wipe it away, “Good,” he replied and then left.

***

Mental… he says… I’ll show him mental… of showing me a new meaning to the name Malfoy, eh? What about a new meaning for the name Parkinson… hmph…” Pansy muttered to herself… her eyes flashing insanity.

~~~

The blond girl had locked herself away in one of the many secret rooms in the Slytherin dungeons and had been there for quite some time… mulling over the earlier incidents of the night. The girl was mortified and angry… and thoughts began racing through her mind. After several minutes, she had a small cauldron set up on a bench-top and before she knew it, its contents were boiling and brewing.

~~~

“So glad… so very glad that I created this…” Pansy muttered to herself… the mania dripping off her tongue with every word. “So glad I paid attention in class…”

She then added a dash of fireweed causing a small burst of fire to erupt from the cauldron. She laughed, “The final ingredient… and it will be done! I knew that I was right to come up with a backup plan… no one would ever suspect! I’m a genius!!”

The girl slowly stirred the contents within the cauldron and once she was satisfied, she ever so carefully poured the orange liquid into a special container. She let out another maniacal laugh and ran out of the cold, damp room.
Ch15: A Tragic Happenstance by Indigo Child
Chapter 15: A Tragic Happenstance


Draco just gazed deeply into Ginny’s eyes, “I want to play another song for you… I just thought of it.”

Ginny smiled, “I’d love to hear it… please, play…”

Draco first kissed Ginny on the tip of her nose and then smirked as he made his way to sit down in front of the piano… placing his hand on the black and white keys. Slowly, almost timidly, he pressed down… and a music unlike anything Ginny had ever heard began to pour out of the instrument… out of Draco’s soul. She was touched and could not help but go over to him.

Draco’s eyes were closed… tears forming at the corners of his eyes. Ginny could feel her heart swelling inside her chest. She loved him so very much and she was certain that he felt the same way… but he still had not spoken the words, ‘I love you…’ She longed to hear him say those words… but being a traditionalist in the ways of romance, she wanted him to say it first… though she found it becoming more and more difficult to hold back.

Draco continued to play… the music flowing throughout the small room. Ginny caressed his neck and then knelt down behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly… her own salty tears causing the back of his shirt to become wet.

The music was rich and gorgeous… thick with dark, melancholy sound. It penetrated Ginny’s soul to its very core. Her breathing became labored and she gasped. Draco too was panting from the intensity of the moment.

Suddenly, the door to the room was flung open… there in the doorway stood Pansy Parkinson.

Draco stopped playing. He and Ginny both stood up and just stared at the Slytherin girl.

“Parkinson…” Draco whispered almost inaudibly.

Ginny looked up into Draco’s eyes… her fear was evident.

Draco heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes, “How many…”

“Shut up, Draco!!” Pansy shrieked. “I know what you think of me… I get the point… and I see no other choice now…”

“What?”

Ginny’s eyes widened with terror.

“I’ve nearly done my share… and soon it will be your turn to do yours…”

“I don’t understand.”

“You will in a moment…” she quickly took out her special container holding the contents of the orange liquid she had earlier concocted in the Slytherin dungeons.

Pansy lunged for Ginny, but Draco blocked her… protecting the only thing he ever loved… and the orange liquid splattered all over his flawless face.

“Aaaaaaarrrrrrraaaahhhh!!!” Draco screamed. He clutched the left side of his face and immediately fell to his knees.

That was meant for Ginny!” Pansy shouted. “But I suppose this will work too… if I can’t have you… then no one can!!” she smiled evilly at the sight before her.

A putrid smoke was rising off of Draco’s sizzling flesh. Ginny let out a blood curdling scream and was immediately crouching down at Draco’s side.

“Aqua Purgo!” Ginny shrieked… within seconds Draco’s screaming ceased, but he continued to clutch his face.

Pansy stood there smiling, “For who could ever love a monster…” she whispered, insane amusement dripping from her mouth, and then she ran away.

Pansy’s words echoed in Draco’s ears as Ginny hoisted him up and began rushing him towards the Hospital Wing.

“Please, Draco… we must hurry!”

Draco groaned from the pain he was feeling on his face… he clutched at it desperately… fearful of what the Slytherin girl had done to him. Oh gods, what has she done?

Ginny raced along the corridors… dragging her Draco ever closer to the Hospital Wing. She did not dare ask Draco if she could look at the damage that Pansy had inflicted on him… he seemed so distraught and in such pain. His moans caused a wave of nausea to consume her.

“We’re nearly there… hold on…” Ginny replied nervously.

Finally, they both arrived at the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey ran towards them in a great hurry when she saw that Draco was clutching at his face.

“What happened?” the mediwitch asked.

Ginny frowned, “I’m not sure… he was burned or something… an orange liquid burned him, I think…”

Madame Pomfrey gasped, “The Water of Fire potion… it must be…” she whispered half to herself and then grimaced. “We must get him looked at immediately.”

“Is there anything I can do?” Ginny asked.

“No, my dear… I’m afraid not… I must tend to him now… you can come back later on.”

Ginny nodded reluctantly and left Draco in the hands of the mediwitch.

Madame Pomfrey led Draco into one of the examination rooms, “Here, let me have a look there then.”

Draco scowled, “No…” his hands still clutched at the left side of his face.

“Dear, I can’t help you if I can’t see the injury.”

Draco heaved a sigh… his face still burned, however the pain was now tolerable… but he feared what the mediwitch had to say about the damage inflicted upon him. An uneasy feeling settled deep in the pit of his stomach. Finally, the silvery-blond removed his hands… he found it very difficult to open his left eye and his vision seemed somewhat blurred… however he could see perfectly out of his right eye.

Madame Pomfrey let out a small shriek, “Oh dear, oh dear…”

Draco’s stomach felt as though thousands of little butterflies were flying about… and he suddenly thought he was going to be sick.

“I see you’ve had the purification spell performed on your injury… that is most fortunate… it would have been much worse if it hadn’t been used.”

“Well… can you cure me?” Draco inquired… arrogance resounding in his voice.

The mediwitch closed her eyes… “It might take some time to heal… that is, if it can heal.”

What did you say? Did I hear you correctly? I thought that you could cure… well, anything!!!”

“This Water of Fire potion is tricky business… very difficult to cure… nearly impossible actually… I…”

Draco interrupted her, “What exactly did it do to me?!” he roared.

The mediwitch handed him a mirror.

Draco’s heart sank… for in the mirror he saw the most hideous sight… on one side, a flawless beautiful face… on the other side, a scarred and wrinkled face… a face that had been burned to the point of disfiguration… a disfiguration that could not be cured… and his perfect eyesight in his left eye gone forever.

Draco dropped the mirror… it shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces. A single tear fell from his injured eye. I am a monster… now I will never know love… she’ll never love me now…

“Come come, Mr. Malfoy… we must start your treatment… there is a chance that I can mend you…”

Draco smiled weakly and nodded.

***

The next morning, Draco awoke early. The left side of his face was wrapped up in bandages that had been doused with a special potion that was used to heal wounds inflicted by the Water of Fire potion. He immediately jumped out of his hospital bed and ran to Madame Pomfrey’s office.

“Madame Pomfrey… am I healed? Am I?” the blond Slytherin was hopeful… the fates just had to smile upon him. After all, he was Draco Malfoy.

“Now, now… let’s do this properly.”

The mediwitch led Draco into one of the examination rooms and carefully removed the bandages. She smiled at the blond boy… her eyes shining brightly.

“Well?” Draco asked. “How do I look?” he smirked. He was happy that his vision in his left eye had returned to normal… a good sign indeed.

Madame Pomfrey just shook her head.

Draco’s bright mood suddenly turned dark… ominously dark. He brought his hands up to his face… one side felt normal… the other…

“No!!!” Draco shouted.

“You can wear a mask, Mr. Malfoy… they can be quite fashionable actually.” She desperately tried to comfort the Slytherin in his time of despair.

Draco stared at the mediwitch in sheer horror. A mask… forever concealing the abomination I have become!

“Dissimulo Persona…” the mediwitch incanted. Suddenly, a black mask appeared… floating in midair. She gestured for Draco to take it.

The horrified boy grabbed the mask and placed it on his face… it totally concealed the injuries on the left side of his face save for his left eye, while his flawless right side shown through for all to see. His heart ached and his stomach hurt.

“You’ve been through a lot, Mr. Malfoy… you need to rest for now… then you can be on your way,” she replied in a soothing tone. She touched Draco’s shoulder, but he moved away. The mediwitch sighed. “Please, sleep for a while…”

Draco walked out of the examination room and laid down on one of the hospital beds and drifted off into a disturbing and restless sleep.

***

Ginny ran into the Hospital Wing.

“Miss Weasley… the patient I believe you are here to visit is currently sleeping… but it should be all right for you to visit with him. He’ll be awake soon, I’m sure.”

“Thank you, Madame Pomfrey,” Ginny smiled.

The red-haired girl quietly entered the area in which Draco was sleeping. She arched an eyebrow as she moved closer to him… there was something hiding half of his face. Is he wearing a mask?

The girl stood there for several minutes just gazing upon his sleeping form. She bit her lip and dared to move her hand to touch his mask… just as she mustered up her courage and was about to remove it, Draco’s eyes fluttered open.

He grabbed a hold of her wrist causing her to gasp and wince from the pain due to his grip.

“Don’t… you have no idea as to what that would do…”

“But Draco… I…”

“I don’t ever want to see you again… you hear me… not ever!”

Tears formed in Ginny’s eyes, “What? I don’t understand…”

“There’s nothing to understand… get it through that thick head of yours, Weasley… I don’t want to be with you ever… get out of my sight!” he roared.

The tears spilled forth from Ginny’s eyes and she began to shake with silent sobs.

Draco’s heart was searing with pain… but he needed to push her away… how could she ever love him now… now that he was a monster… her rejection would just be more than he could handle. It would destroy him. Is this punishment for my past… for my destiny?

At that moment, Draco thought the words, ‘Formam Amoveo!’ and he transformed into the red-tailed hawk. He let out a piercing cry and flew out of the Hospital Wing and into the corridors of Hogwarts… leaving his Ginny to cry all alone while sitting on his now empty bed.
Ch16: Overcoming Obstacles by Indigo Child
Chapter 16: Overcoming Obstacles


It had been several days since Ginny had seen Draco… He was never at the Slytherin table during meal times and it was rumoured that he was not showing up to classes either. Despite everything, every single night she went to their secret piano room… hoping with all her heart that he would end up there… sweeping her up into his arms… kissing her… caressing her…

Tears welled in her cinnamony-brown eyes and streamed down her pale cheeks. She had not been able to eat very much since Draco ran out on her… she was beginning to give up hope… and all she really wanted to do was to be left alone and wallow in her own misery… and then just wither away and die. Her heart hurt so much…

“Hi Ginny…? You all right?” Hermione asked one evening while Ginny was sitting alone in the common room… she was sitting on one of the windowsills and staring outside onto the school grounds.

“What? Oh… hi Hermione,” Ginny answered.

Hermione frowned and walked over to the girl, “Something is wrong, Ginny… you know that you can talk to me, right?”

Ginny just smiled weakly. She knew that Hermione meant well, but she was in no mood to spill her heart out to the girl… not yet anyway… she was too confused and needed to sort out her emotions on her own first.

“I know… and thanks.”

Hermione grinned and placed a reassuring hand on the red-head’s shoulder, “No problem… when you’re ready… I’ll be here… and whatever is said will be strictly between us. I promise you that… Nothing will be said to either Ron or Harry… it’ll be just between you and me.”

“Thanks…” Ginny replied as a single tear streamed down her face.

***

Ginny sat bolt upright in bed… her lungs felt as though they were collapsing… and her face being smothered so that she could not breathe. She gasped desperately for the precious air… trying to fill her lungs to their fullest capacity. Suddenly, she began to choke and cough violently. Her hands immediately went to her chest and she tried to gain control of her breathing… inhaling and exhaling in a controlled and methodical rhythm.

Once she was breathing normally once again, the girl got up out of bed. She put on her slippers and night robe and immediately went down the stairs leading to the Gryffindor common room and then out through the portrait hole. She raced through the corridors of the school knowing exactly as to where she was heading… with great determination, she was bound for the secret piano room.

Finally, she came upon the hallway leading to the one place she knew love and happiness… the one place where she could be herself and not be criticized. She could hear the soft sounds of music emanating down the hallway… she knew that Draco was inside the room… playing and living through his music. Her breath caught in her throat and she could feel her heart race. Oh… Draco…

Slowly, she walked down the hallway… she passed by the hanging mirror, but did not give it a second glance. When she came upon the door, she paused for a moment… and pressed her ear against the door… drinking in the sounds of the music. She then peered through the keyhole. Ginny could see the silhouette of her beloved… swaying to the entrancing music rushing out of his soul. Finally, she mustered up all of her Gryffindor courage and gently pushed open the door.

The music stopped suddenly and her big brown eyes locked with Draco’s silvery-gray eyes… half of his face was hidden behind a black mask. He stood up abruptly and began to make his way towards the door in order to run out and away from her.

Ginny turned to shut the door behind herself, “No… please don’t…”

Draco stopped and just stood there… head hung down.

Ginny walked up to him and placed her arms around his neck. She could feel the Slytherin blond trembling… from fear or from anger… she could not be certain. Then, she leaned her head against his chest and hugged him tightly… he did not hug her back, however.

“Please… hold me…” she pleaded. But Draco just stood there motionless.

The red-haired girl moved back a little in order to look up into his mesmerizing eyes. Draco looked down at her… but all the life she had once seen in those pools of gray was dead and gone… it was as if the boy had shut down completely… it was as if he did not want to exist anymore. An enormous pain began to swell in Ginny’s chest.

“Please… don’t push me away… I told you that I never wanted to be separated from you… and I meant every word of that.”

“Really…” Draco finally replied.

Ginny nodded, “Yes…” she whispered.

“And would you still want to be with me if you knew what I truly was?” his voice was so cold.

“Draco… I’d want to be with you no matter what…”

The blond Slytherin raked free from Ginny’s arms and turned so that his back was facing her.

“Even if I was a monster?”

Ginny arched an eyebrow, “You could never be a monster.”

Suddenly, Draco turned around… his eyes were flashing wildly, “You have no idea…” he hissed.

Ginny recoiled slightly at Draco’s tone and she could feel her lips trembling, “Can I… can I… see… see your face… please?” she begged.

Draco heaved a shaky sigh, “I don’t want you to see me ever again.”

“Please, Draco… let me see…”

The blond boy walked up to the girl until he was only mere inches away from her. Slowly, he brought his hands up to his mask and he carefully untied it so that he could remove it… revealing the horrors beneath. Then, he slowly moved the mask away from his face… until everything was totally revealed.

Ginny gasped at the sight… the left side of his face was wrinkled and disfigured with scar tissue… only his eye seemed untouched… but the right side of his face was still beautiful and flawless.

Suddenly, Draco put back on his mask and he shoved Ginny aside in order to run out of the secret piano room.

“No Draco! Please don’t leave!” she shouted. But it was too late… Draco had gone. “I love you…” she whispered to herself.

***

A few days later, Ginny noticed that Draco was finally making an appearance at meal times in the Great Hall… though he did not seem to talk with anyone except for Blaise Zabini… even Crabbe and Goyle seemed to ignore him.

“Hey there, Gin!” Ron said brightly as he took a seat next to his sister. “Have you heard the news of Malfoy’s unfortunate accident?”

Immediately, Ginny felt a knot form in her stomach… and her face paled.

“Seems he was making some sort of crazy potion and it back fired!! All over his face! He’s scarred for life… literally!! Now he won’t bother us ever again!!”

Ginny’s eyes watered slightly. Hermione took notice of Ginny’s state and suddenly realized who her secret crush was… No wonder she kept it secret! Harry, meanwhile, remained totally silent… all emotion erased from his face.

“Ginny? Didn’t you hear me?”

“She heard you, Ron!” Hermione interjected.

Ginny sighed with relief and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Hermione for taking control over the situation. The bushy-haired brunette nodded and smiled.

“It isn’t nice to laugh at the misfortune of others… you of all people ought to know that… you do not want to go stooping to levels that you have criticized others for following in the past now do you?”

“Well… I… that is… well…” Ron stammered.

“That’s what I thought. I’m glad you see it my way. Come on, let’s eat… I’m hungry.”

Hermione smiled and plunged her fork into her eggs.

***

It was really late and Ginny could not sleep. She was so distraught over Draco’s unfortunate circumstances… and even more distraught over the fact that she was certain that he believed that she could not love him if he did not look perfect. What is perfect anyway!

Suddenly, Ginny felt two strong hands grasp her shoulders. The red-head let out a small shriek and turned to see who grabbed her.

“Oh… Harry…” she replied.

Harry smiled and then sat down next to her, “How’re you doing?”

Ginny shrugged, “All right… I guess… can’t sleep.”

“It’s because of him… isn’t it…”

Ginny shut her eyes for a moment and then opened them, “Yes,” she answered. “I love him… and I can’t even get close enough to tell him.”

Harry’s green eyes flashed, “You love him? How can you love an evil git like Malfoy?”

“He’s not evil at all… do you have any idea as to what he goes through day after day?”

Harry just shook his head.

“I didn’t think so… you have no idea as to what you are saying… if only you knew the half of it! Then you… and Ron… would say differently!”

“I suppose… but how do you know he’s not tricking you… he does have a reputation you know!”

“He’s changed!”

“Slytherins do not change! At least now he looks as hideous as his personality!!”

Ginny shivered at Harry’s words and tears began to spill forth. Harry suddenly felt so ashamed about what he had just said.

“Ginny… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean it… really.”

Ginny just sat there, shaking with violent sobs. Harry then leaned in and hugged her tightly.

“Really… I’m sorry… I’m just jealous… I’ll get over it.”

Ginny calmed down a bit and looked up into Harry’s cat-green eyes, “I’m sorry, you know…”

Harry grinned, “I know… I’m the idiot who waited too long… Looks like Malfoy won in the games of love.”

Ginny smiled.

“I can see that he really cares for you… it was really obvious.”

“Well… I wouldn’t know it now…”

“Give him some time… he’ll come round if he’s sensible. You are the most beautiful and most wonderful witch… he’s lucky to have you.”

Again, Ginny smiled. “You know, Harry… you will find someone… someone who will love you for you. I just know that you will. And she’ll be absolutely perfect for you.”

“Thanks, Gin…”

***

It was late at night and Ginny found herself wandering the corridors of Hogwarts… she knew exactly where she was going… to the secret piano room. Her heart told her that she could find her Draco there… waiting…

As she neared the room, her stomach began to do flip-flops and she thought that she might be sick. Finally, she gained control over her nerves and entered the piano room.

Sure enough, there was Draco… sitting at the piano bench.

“Please… don’t leave me…” Ginny pleaded before he even moved.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

Ginny walked over to the silvery-blond and knelt down behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. His entire body tensed at her touch… so she backed away. Draco then turned to look at the red-haired girl kneeling on the floor. He got up from the piano bench and knelt down on the floor right in front of her.

Tears welled in Ginny’s eyes as she found herself reaching up to remove his mask. Draco shied away at first… but finally gave in and let her have her way. She deftly untied the mask… allowing it to slip onto the floor. Draco shut his eyes… waiting to hear his beloved gasp in horror… but she did not. Instead, she reached up and touched his scars… gently caressing them.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes… and found himself intensely gazing into her eyes. She smiled at him.

“So beautiful…” she whispered.

Draco’s breathing became quite erratic and he began to tremble. I don’t understand…

Finally, Ginny cupped Draco’s face with both of her hands and she gave him a gentle kiss on the lips and then spoke softly, “I love you Draco Malfoy…”

Draco’s heart swelled and he felt his pulse increase… She loves me?

Again, Ginny leaned towards him and kissed him. She lovingly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. Draco then hugged her tightly against his body and gently laid her down on the floor… their lips never breaking contact. She parted her lips… inviting him to explore her mouth. Immediately, his tongue sought hers and she sighed contentedly.

Draco pulled away and looked down into Ginny’s eyes, “You love me?” he asked… sounding so unsure of himself.

Ginny just smiled, “Yes… I’ve loved you for quite some time… and I’ll always love you…”

Draco closed his eyes… he could feel the tears forming but he held them back. “I love you too… Virginia Weasley…”

Suddenly, Ginny began to cry… happiness emanating from her face with each tear that fell. “Do you have any idea as to how long I’ve been waiting for you to say that?”

Draco just laughed, “You? What about me?” he pulled her close to him and hugged her with all his might.

“Draco… I want you to make love to me… right here… in our secret piano room.”

The silvery-blond stared down at his Ginny… his beloved. “Are you sure about this?”

Ginny nodded and then took out her wand. She tapped her belly and said, “Gero Imperium…”

Draco smiled as she cast the birth control spell over herself. He then leaned down and kissed her gently… running his fingers throughout her fiery hair while her delicate hands were totally entangled in his… He was excited beyond belief… he was with his Ginny… and she loved him. Immediately his arms encircled her body… his hands making their way up her shirt… yearning to touch her bare skin.

Ginny moved her hands along Draco’s back… and he shivered at her touch. She then began to push off his robes and unbutton his shirt. He slipped them off without a care… and then began to kiss her along her neck, slowly making his way to her chest. Swiftly, he unbuttoned her pajama top… allowing her breasts to spill forth. She blushed from embarrassment under his gaze.

“You’re beautiful…” he stated as he gently caressed her cheek.

“So are you…” she whispered as she reached up and lovingly touched his scars.

Draco then leaned back down onto Ginny… kissing her deeply… passionately. Suddenly, he felt her hands working on the buttons of his pants… he chuckled to himself and sat up a bit. He gently touched Ginny’s breasts with his hands… making her nipples hard and red… she let out a moan. He then sealed his mouth over her right breast… and then her left breast. Ginny’s groans excited him even more… and he began to trail kisses along her flat stomach… drinking in her intoxicating scent.

Once he reached the rim of her pajama bottoms, he slowly began to pull them down. Ginny helped by lifting her bottom up off the ground… making his task much easier. He smiled at the red-haired girl beneath him. He cupped her womanly areas with his hand and rubbed her gently… Ginny’s breath stopped suddenly and she gasped… Draco lovingly smiled at her.

“Oh gods…” she whispered.

Draco leaned down and kissed her inner thighs. He hovered over her most sensitive area for a brief moment… allowing the sensations of his hot breath against her to arouse her even more. Suddenly, he plunged his tongue within her depths… she grabbed him by the hair and pushed him closer… forcing him to go deeper. Draco obliged… taunting and teasing her all the while. He relished the whimpering sounds she was making.

He then sat up and quickly took off his pants and boxers, “Are you sure that you’re ready?” he asked.

“Oh gods… yes… please…” she begged.

That was all Draco needed, he could not help himself any longer… he wanted her more than he wanted anything else in his life. At that moment, he carefully entered her… she gasped at first… a look of pain crossing her face.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yes…” she panted. “Go on…”

Draco pushed deeper still… again the girl gasped, but she pulled him closer to her body… Draco tried to go as slowly as he could… but she kept on pulling him towards her… her hips instinctually moving back and forth in rhythm with his own.

“You see…” she began breathily. “We fit perfectly…”

Draco smiled down at her, “Yeh…” he answered… his voice barely audible.

Ginny let out a series of small moans as she rhythmically moved along with the slow pace that Draco was setting. He was thrilled that she was actually enjoying her first time… and he was even more thrilled that he was her first.

“Draco…” she whispered. “Oh gods… Draco…”

Draco gripped her hips hard and began to thrust in and out… faster and faster… Ginny dug her fingernails into his back. All of a sudden, Ginny grasped Draco’s buttocks, pushing him deeper, and let out a wail of sheer ecstasy… soon after Draco too shook with pleasure… their sweat intermingling together… and he held her close.

“I love you…” he stated… that Malfoy air almost sounding in his voice.

“I love you too.” She smiled and ran her delicate fingers through his silky blond hair and then allowed her hand to gently rest upon his scarred cheek.

Both could hear the music that each had written for the other in their minds… a music so beautiful… so touching… penetrating deeply into the core of their souls… a music expressing their love for each other… a love that was pure… a love that was unconditional.
Epilogue: After the Great Wizarding War by Indigo Child
Epilogue: After the Great Wizarding War


Nine years later…


“I would like to propose a toast!” Ron shouted while laughing. “A toast… everyone… everyone!!” Ron finally stood up, his glass held high. The red-haired man cleared his throat and began to speak, “First of all… I’d like to say… Malfoy… this is your last week before you are officially a member of the Weasley family… so, you big git, you had better take care of my sister!!”

Hermione giggled as she lovingly punched her husband’s shoulder.

Ron looked down at his wife, wearing an expression of confusion, “What? Well, he’d better!” he laughed.

“Oh Ron… honestly!” Hermione muttered through giggles.

“Anyway… as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted… Malfoy, you had better take care of my sister… she’s a very special person, you know…”

Draco, adorned in his black mask, looked over into Ginny’s eyes… so much passion and feeling swirling in his pools of gray, “You don’t have to tell me twice…” he whispered.

Ginny blushed and took hold of Draco’s hand… she gently squeezed.

“And I also must say… and I can’t believe that I’m actually saying this… but I’m proud to have you enter into our family…”

Draco’s mother, Narcissa, let out a tiny squeal causing Ginny’s entire family to burst into laughter.

“Here… here!” Harry shouted. He was dressed in his auror’s uniform and a lovely young woman with dark auburn hair sat beside him. She leaned in and gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek, “Not now, Celia… this is for Draco and Ginny!” he smiled.

“I know… but I couldn’t resist!” Celia laughed.

Draco chuckled to himself at the sight.

~~~

It had been about four years since the Great Wizarding War… as it became known, at least in the Wizarding world… and times had never looked brighter. The dreaded years of the war brought much misery to Ginny, her family, friends and all those whom she loved. Though, in the end… Harry was able to defeat Voldemort… and live to tell the tale.

Due to their failure to turn Draco into a Death-Eater and animagus spy… both Lucius Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson suffered a horrible fate… Voldemort tortured them beyond imagination and then proceeded to use the most evil of the Unforgivable curses… the Killing Curse… and killed them both.

Upon learning his father’s fate, Draco made arrangements for his mother to be taken to The Burrow… where she would be safe from the Death-Eaters hunting him on his father’s behalf. Ginny would not allow for Draco’s mother to be brought anywhere else. And both Molly and Arthur were wonderful with her and they protected her with all that they had. Of course, Draco visited the family as often as he could… though he was very busy as an animagus spy for Dumbledore… Molly and Arthur soon became very fond of the Slytherin boy and his mother… and years later when they learned that their youngest and only daughter and Draco wished to marry, they could not have been happier.

~~~

Harry wheeled himself away from the table and over to where Ginny and Draco were sitting… battling Voldemort had left him paralyzed and wheelchair bound… he took hold of Ginny’s hands and kissed them, “Ginny… you truly are a wonderful and beautiful witch… you know that…”

Ginny blushed at Harry’s words and smiled.

Harry then turned towards Draco, “Draco… hmm… a bit hard to say that… so used to calling you Malfoy!” he laughed.

Draco smiled.

“Draco… you are a lucky man… and I know that you two will be happy together forever…”

Draco placed his hand on Harry’s shoulder, “Thanks… you too… with Celia, I mean.”

Celia blushed and looked down at her plate.

Harry nodded, “Yeh.”

Finally, Molly Weasley stood up, “Now… now… it is time for dessert…”

“We’ll get it mum!” Fred and George replied in unison.

“You most certainly will not!” she shouted.

The twins wore sheepish grins and feigned hurt at their mother’s words. Bill and Charlie both laughed out loud while Percy just rolled his eyes.

“I think that I ought to get it,” Arthur finally stated. At that moment, he stood up and went into the kitchen. When he returned, he was following a floating tray carrying a large chocolate cake.

Ginny looked over at Draco who suddenly looked very sad.

“Draco… what’s wrong?” she inquired.

Draco just heaved a sigh, “This day would be perfect if…” his voice trailed.

Ginny frowned and took hold of his hand. She brought it up to her lips and kissed it gently. “I know… we all wish that Blaise could be here. I mean… he was your best friend…”

“He was more than that… he was like a brother to me…”

Ginny looked over at her mother who was busily serving out the cake to everyone. The girl bit her lip and stood up suddenly, “Will you excuse us for a few minutes? We won’t be long.”

“Go on, Ginny dear… your cake will be waiting when you two get back!” Molly answered with a grin.

Both Ginny and Draco exited the dining room and entered the small living area. The fiery red-head hugged Draco tightly.

“He would want you to be happy right now, you know.”

“I know.”

“And to think… that it was because of you that he fought by your side and helped Harry to defeat Voldemort… he really was very brave.”

“But it was because of me that he died.”

“Draco…”

“Well, if he had joined the Death-Eaters like he was meant to… then he never would have been attacked by one of Voldemort’s spies.”

Ginny kissed Draco lightly on the lips, “And do you think that Blaise would have been happy being a Death-Eater… bowing down to Voldemort and taking senseless orders?”

“Well… no… but…”

“See there… Blaise made his choice. And I personally think that he made the right one. He will always be remembered… and honoured for his bravery.” The girl smiled.

Draco looked down into Ginny’s cinnamony-brown eyes and cupped her face in his strong hands. He leaned down and touched his lips to hers. She let out a small sigh causing Draco to smile. When he backed away he could see the tears forming in her eyes, “Why are you crying?”

“Because I’m so happy… life with you is what makes me happy.”

Draco smirked causing Ginny to arch an eyebrow. “I didn’t want to show you this until later… but I think that now is a good time,” Draco replied… a hint of amusement in his voice. “Now close your eyes.”

Ginny shut her eyes tightly… eagerly trying to guess what Draco could possibly want to show her at this very moment. The silvery-blond led her out into one of the small side-rooms of The Burrow that no one really used very much.

“All right… open your eyes.”

Ginny’s eyes flew open… and there before her was one of the most beautiful pianos she had ever seen. And in front of it was a very large bench… large enough for two people to easily sit on it without feeling too cramped. She smiled and then looked over at her beloved.

“Consider it my early wedding present to you…”

Her breath caught in her throat, “It’s wonderful… it’s perfect…” she whispered.

“When I saw it, I knew that you had to have it…”

Ginny looked up into Draco’s stormy-gray eyes, “Thank you… I love you so much.”

“Now we can play together whenever we want… and always remember… that I love you so very much too.” He smiled just then and whispered so that Ginny could hear, “I guess I do play with Gryffindors after all…”
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=63