Ill Intent by CCC
Summary: Draco and Ginny are together at Grimmauld place. He's stalking her. Is it all in fun, or does he have ill intent?
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Future AU
Genres: Angst, Drama, Mystery
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 917 Read: 3867 Published: Oct 28, 2009 Updated: Oct 28, 2009
Story Notes:
I wanted to write a slightly creepy fic for Halloween. This is what came to mind.

1. Chapter 1 by CCC

Chapter 1 by CCC
Ginny sat at the kitchen table in Grimmauld place. She focused on the book in front of her even though she’d already read it three times. The pages shook as she gripped the book.

She took a deep breath and let it out. It wouldn’t do to let him see that she wasn’t in control. Pretending to take a sip from her teacup, she set the book on the table and turned the pages with her left hand.

Footsteps on the wooden floorboards made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. When he wanted, he could move like a ghost. He wanted her to hear. He wanted her to know he was coming for her.

“Ginevra, we’re alone.”

His voice was low, seductive and menacing.

“I’m reading a book. I suggest you find a way to amuse yourself, Malfoy.”

He was silent for a moment, and then he pulled a chair up next to hers. “Maybe I’ll read with you.”

Rather than looking up to meet his gaze, she slid the book toward him. “Fine.”

He gave a low chuckle. “We’re not children anymore. Why are we playing this game?”

An image of his younger self flickered in her mind. Back then she thought he was scary. The man he’d grown into was truly terrifying. Reminding herself she was twenty-two rather than twelve, she took a deep breath and met his gaze.

“I’m not playing a game. What happened between us was a mistake.”

He reached out and wrapped a strand of her hair around his finger. “Funny. I don’t remember you saying it was a mistake at the time. I rather remember you thinking it was a good idea. Or maybe I just remember you agreeing with me. What was it you said? ‘Yes, yes, Oh Merlin, yes.’ I believe it went something like that.”

Her face burned. She averted her eyes. “It was wrong and it won’t happen again.”

He released her hair and trailed his finger down the column of her throat. Goosebumps followed in the wake of his touch. “Do you remember what it felt like when I kissed your neck?” He brushed his thumb across her pulse point. “When I used my teeth right here, you came undone.”

Her heartbeat quickened as she remembered the sensation of his hot mouth on her skin.

“You’d been baking and your skin tasted like vanilla. With your red hair and freckles, I’d always thought you’d taste like cinnamon.”

His admission surprised her. “You hate my red hair and freckles.”

He shook his head. “Still concerned with schoolyard taunts?”

She glared at him and slapped his hand away from her neck. “You were a mean little bastard.”

He smirked. “I was. I’d like to point out that I’m now a foot taller than you, so I’m no longer little. There is no denying who my father is. My behavior toward you is no longer laced with ill intent.”

“You’re behavior toward me for the past six years has been indifferent at best. Then you decide to amuse yourself at my expense-”

“Here I thought all those noises you were making meant a good time was had by all.”

“Stop it.” She demanded. “Stop tormenting me. What happened between us was morally wrong.”

“Was it wrong when you gave yourself to Potter?”

She didn’t want to think about Harry. “Shut up.”

“You thought he loved you. Then he just walked away from you.”

“He did love me. Once. You don’t care for me, and you never will.”

“You’re bleeding.”

“What?” When she saw the broken fragments of the teacup, she became aware of the pain. Crying out, she dropped the shards of porcelain clenched in her fist and ran for the sink. After rinsing it with cold water, she saw the slivers of glass embedded in her palm.

“Let me help.” Draco stood beside her and reached for her hand.

Tears of frustration and pain blurred her vision, so she allowed him to remove the shards of glass. Using a small knife, he scraped the splinters from her palm. He was surprisingly gentle.

Once the shards were removed, he used his wand to sanitize the area and heal the wound.

“Better?” he asked.

“Yes. Thank you.”

Time seemed to stand still as he pulled her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm. Her breath hitched as he kissed her wrist and then the delicate skin on the inside of her elbow. When his mouth hovered by her ear, he said, “I could care about you, if you let me.”

His warm breath on her ear made it difficult to think. She took a shaky breath. “Why?”

“Because we’re here, together, all of the time.” He brushed his lips across her neck. “I know your moods, your likes and your dislikes.” He nipped at her pulse points and was rewarded with a slight moan. “I love the way you look just before you scream my name. I know, someday, Potter will find us. The look on his face will be a balm to your soul.”

Ginny weighed her options. If the road to hell was paved with good intentions, then maybe the road to paradise was paved with ill intent. Deciding not to ponder it too long, she wrapped her arms around Draco’s neck and pulled him into a searing kiss.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=6678