Never Mind



It was considerably late when the trio had finally gone up to bed. Earlier that night, on Ron’s request, Hermione had gone up to the sixth year girls’dormitories to check on Ginny. She had seen that the curtains around Ginny’s bed were drawn, and assumed that she was already asleep.



What the trio didn’t know was that Ginny wasn’t actually in bed. Or at least she wasn’t in the one that belonged to her.



Oliver, however, did know.



About fifteen minutes after Ginny had left for Gryffindor Tower that evening, Oliver had decided to follow her. His actual problem was that he couldn’t find her. So, he decided to wait in the Gryffindor common room for her.



He didn’t really know why he was waiting for her. He knew that he wanted to talk to her, but about what? He had been thinking about asking her to the Ball, but decided against it. The professors wouldn’t be very comfortable with him courting students.



Oliver was so caught up in thought that he didn’t notice when the grandfather clock strike twelve. Around two in the morning he drifted off to sleep.



*****

They were lying in bed, talking. She knew how bad he wanted her, and he knew that she knew. But he refused to take her. He knew she was a virgin, she had told him several months ago. He wanted her first time to be special. He wanted to wait for her. He wanted it to be the night he married her.



*****



Ron sighed as he continued to look out the window. He had been counting stars the entire night, and for the eleventh time, he had lost count.



Something didn’t feel right. He didn’t know what it was, but he knew something was wrong.



He turned his head to see that Harry was sleeping soundly.



Ron still couldn’t get what Hermione had said a little over a month ago out of his head:



“Oh for heaven’s sake, Ron! Every straight male that has ever set eyes on your sister has looked at her like that. I dare say that even some of the not so straight ones have done so as well.”



“Harry doesn’t look at her like that,” Ron said matter-of-factly.



Hermione had to fight to refrain herself from bursting out laughing. “Are you blind?”



He couldn’t help but smile. If Ginny were to marry anyone, Harry would be the perfect choice. Although he and Harry were close enough to be brothers, he still wouldn’t mind making it official.



*****


Ginny ran her hands over the green silk covers of the enormous, soft bed. She was lying on her side staring at her reflection in a full-length mirror near the bed. She looked at the grandfather clock, and gasped as she saw that it was well past two in the morning.



When she tried to move, the arm around her waist tightened.



“Don’t go. Stay here tonight.” The young man held her closer as he mumbled sleepily into her ear.



“If I don’t go back, then in the morning someone will notice that I’m gone.”



He only nuzzled deeper into her neck.



She sighed. She would just have to make sure to wake up early.



“Red?”



“Hmm?”



He paused, “Never mind.”



*****

Oliver awoke to the gentle shaking of Ginny Weasley.



“Wood. Wood, wake up.”



“Huh? What?”



Ginny smiled genuinely, “You fell asleep in the common room.”



“I did?” He looked around and took in his surroundings. “Oh, I did.”



Ginny laughed, “Well, its time to get up now. It’s almost seven.”



Oliver nodded as he watched Ginny climb up the girls’ staircase. She seemed a lot brighter that he’d seen her in a very long time.



*****

Oliver wasn’t the only one to notice the sudden change in Ginny. The entirety of Gryffindor Tower had noticed by the beginning of breakfast and the rest of the student body by the end of it. By the end of classes, all the teachers had noticed it, too.



It was late afternoon, and Harry was leading the team out to the pitch for practice.



Harry had come up with some terrific plays, and was eager to try them out.



As they neared the pitch, they saw green blurs dashing through the skies.



“Harry?” Dean questioned.



“Don’t worry. Their session will be over by the time we’ll get there,” Harry said with a bit of authority.



“You sure, Harry?”



“Very.”



As they came nearer to the pitch, they saw the green blurs slow down and head to the ground. When they entered the playing field, the Slytherins were just exiting.



“I don’t see why you bother wasting you time, Potter.” Malfoy sneered.



“Correct me if I’m wrong, but you have yet to best me, Malfoy. So you really shouldn’t be talking now, should you?” Harry spat just as maliciously back.



“We’ll see about that.” As Malfoy passed the rear of the Gryffindor team, he addressed Ginny.



“Watch yourself, Red. The last thing we want is for you to get hurt. Someone might need you tonight.” And with a wink, he quickened his pace and stalked off toward the castle, leaving both a confused Gryffindor and Slytherin team in his wake.


(A/N: Review! Review! Review!)
Leave a Review