Once Upon A Dream

(Author's Note: Here's my comedic relief chapter, and like the last, it's been done for a while. I don't know when I'm going to be able to update next. School on top of my Grandma's funeral is going to take up quite of my time.)

Harry, Ron, Draco, and Ginny were all in a very empty Great Hall.

"Ron? How in the hell could you support this?" yelled Harry at the top of his longs.

"I don't support this, Harry," replied Ron, his tone dripping with disapproval as he looked at Malfoy, who was currently embracing Ginny, his new fiancé.

"Then why are you just standing here and not stopping this," Harry roared as he gestured emphatically toward the couple.

"Because, Harry...he makes her happy," Ron said staring at the smile on Ginny's face.

"He makes her happy," repeated Harry forcefully. "And for how long will that last, Ron? How long will that last until he breaks Ginny's heart? Or worse, breaks your family's?"

Ron whipped his head around to address his best friend, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"What I mean, Ron, is that Ginny would be much safer with me," Harry said in a voice that was a mere fraction of his earlier volume.

"As much as I would love her to be with you, Harry. She doesn't love you like she loves Malfoy," Ron shook his bowed head. "I don't know why, but she just doesn't."

"I can change that," Harry said a bit too confidently.

"What?"

"I mean, if you give me just one chance. If you yank her away from Malfoy for just a day, I swear I can get her to fall in love with me," replied Harry.

All of a sudden Luna Lovegood appeared next to Ron. "But do you love her, Harry?"

"Of-"

Just as suddenly as Luna had, Blaise Zabini appeared behind Harry. "Don't lie, Potter. You might love her as a sister. But let's face it, as of now, you only pay attention to her because the one person that could never best you, finally has."

Blaise moved from behind Harry to offer his arm to Luna, "Would you do me the honor of having this dance?"

Suddenly, all the tables disappeared, the candles dimmed, and a tune began to play.

At the sound of the music, Ginny and Draco turned to see their friends dancing. Ginny recognized this tune. Her father had brought home a new muggle contraption called a Stereo. It came with a little black box that fit right into one of the Stereo's mouths. It played a wonderful tune that she had heard earlier along with pictures in a box that muggles called a Television. The series of pictures was called "Sleeping Beauty."

Luna sang along to the song as Blaise held her in his arms,

"I know you

I've walked with you

Once upon a dream

I know you

The gleam in your eyes

Is so familiar a gleam

And I know it's true

That visions are seldom

All they seem

But if I..."

Ginny giggled as Draco shook his head at the scene.

Harry was already well on his way to beat Malfoy's head in, when Ron ran to stop him. Ron had just grabbed Harry's arms before he had the chance to even raise them.

Ginny glared at Harry, then turned to look at Ron, "I really appreciate this Ron."

Ginny moved away from Draco and placed an immobilizing charm on Harry before running into her brother's arms for a hug.

Ron, Ginny, and Draco looked back toward the dancing couple when they heard Blaise begin to sing along with Luna,

"I know you

I've walked with you

Once upon a dream

I know you

The gleam in your eyes

Is so familiar a gleam

And I know it's true

That visions are seldom

All they seem

But if I..."

Ginny smiled as she saw Luna's robes changing from Ravenclaw blue to Slytherin green and back again every two seconds.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draco paused from his stroking of Ginny's hair when he saw her smile in her sleep. If it were possible, he found that she was even more beautiful like this. She was truly a sleeping beauty.
He looked up at the bed next to Ginny's and saw her brother. Although, Ron was asleep, it was very obvious he was in pain. Draco was surprised that Ginny hadn't been awaken by Ron's screaming yet.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ginny removed herself from Ron's arms, and Ron let her go reluctantly.
Draco saw the look of hesitance in Ron's face when Ginny made her way back into his arms. Draco locked his eyes with Ron's and said, "Don't worry, Weasley. I won't hurt her. Ever."

Ron simply nodded. He, then, looked at his still immobilized best friend and turned to Ginny. "You know you can't just leave him like that."

"Who said?" snorted Draco.

Ginny glared playfully at him. "I know, Ron. I'll lift the spell," Ginny smiled at her brother.

The music had stopped and the candles brightened back to normalcy. Blaise and Luna received an applaud from Ginny and Draco. Though, unlike Draco, Ginny didn't have an amused smirk on her face.

Blaise smirked right back.

"Doesn't this smirking contest ever end?" Ginny asked the two Slytherin boys.

Blaise and Draco simply smirked at her.

"I think that's a 'no', Ginny," said Luna distractedly. She was eyeing the immobile form of Harry quite intently.

Blaise saw this. "What is this? I take my eye off you for one second, and you're already looking for the next dark haired boy to pounce on?" Blaise said in a playful tone to Luna.

"Ginny," said Ron, while eyeing Harry. Ginny got her brother's message and pulled out her wand. She walked over to Harry and undid her earlier spell.

"I can't believe this," said Harry with a tint of disgust. "You two will be so sorry when these Slytherin fools decide to drop you for their Lord," said Harry to the two girls.

Draco and Blaise immediately made a bee-line for the Boy-Who-Was-Not-Going-To-Live-This-Time.

Ginny and Luna pulled out their wands hurriedly, and before the boys reached Harry, they were on the floor.

Ron keeled over in laughter.

Luna went to collect the obviously upset black rabbit that lay at Harry's feet. Ginny did the same, only with the white rabbit.

"Does my little Blaisey have a problem?" purred Luna as she cuddled the rabbit to her face. Little Blaisey didn't seem to mind much.

Ginny simply held the white rabbit that was Draco in her hands. He began to make what sounded like whining sounds as he stared from Blaise and Luna to Ginny.

Ginny shifted her gaze from rabbit Draco to her brother. Ron was getting up and trying his best to collect himself. They locked eyes and Ginny smiled evilly. Rabbit Draco saw this smile and began to squirm in Ginny's hands.

"Ron, would you like to play with it?"

Rabbit Draco gave out a squeal of fright.

Ginny giggled.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draco sighed and sat back in his seat, his fingers never leaving the silk that Ginny referred to as her hair. Though he hated to admit it, he would have to make a truce with that boy she called her brother, and he had no clue where to start.
He glanced at the time. Lunch was almost over, and he'd have to leave for Snape's office soon.

Draco was about to stand and make his way toward the dungeons when Ginny giggled.

He paused to see Ginny's eyes begin to flutter open.

"Hello, love," said Draco when he was sure Ginny's eyes had focused.

"Hello," giggled Ginny, her dream still very fresh in her mind.

Draco raised a brow in question. "And what's so funny?"

"Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if Moody had changed you into a rabbit instead of a ferret?"

(A/N: Review. Please.)
Leave a Review