Disclaimer: JK Rowling created this world. I just wreak havoc in it.

Chapter 2


Moste Impotente Potions

~*~


Draco was satisfied. Well - not quite, but he was going to be. He had arranged to meet Marietta down in the dungeons after dinner. She was pretty enough, but not extremely bright. It was a wonder that she ended up in Ravenclaw. It didn’t really matter, however, as he only needed her body, not her brain.

He was beginning to feel a bit better after that morning’s encounter with Weasley and her partner in crime. Only shortly after leaving the classroom he had bumped into Marietta and had arranged his little rendezvous with her.

During History of Magic he let his mind wander. He was trying to do anything but think about Creevey, Crabbe, or Blaise Zabini. He let his mind wander to the pretty brunette that he would have later that evening. He was going to enjoy her. From what he’d heard she was very experienced. The image of Marietta formed in his head. Her lips were swollen from his kisses and her red hair was mussed from unladylike activities. Freckles were dusted delicately across her face and shoulders and she was calling his name...

He recoiled at the thought of Marietta looking like Weasley and couldn’t believe the image had popped into his head at all. But it suddenly it gave him an idea. He needed a way to get back at Weasley and perhaps he had just found one. Two can play this game, Weasley, he thought.

~*~*~


“Ugh! I make one tiny mistake and he gives me detention. Detention! Can you believe it? I’m a prefect for Merlin’s sake.”

“Mistake?” Colin eyed her doubtfully. “And being a prefect doesn’t get you out of serving detention. Didn’t you read the prefect’s handbook? Unfortunately, we’re supposed to be just as well behaved as anyone else here.”

“Okay, so it wasn’t a mistake exactly. But you must admit the dungeons smell much nicer now,” Ginny said cheerfully. “Honestly, though. It was a perfectly good batch of the Draught of Peace. It would have worked just fine and you’d fall asleep dreaming of flowers. What could be more peaceful than that?”

“I doubt Snape enjoys the scent of roses as much as you do.”

“I was only trying to be creative. I know the properties of each one of those ingredients and adding a drop of rosewater and a single unicorn hair and stirring clockwise three times after adding the moonstone will have no ill effects on the potion’s potency. He always makes things sound much worse than they are. I should get extra points for making it better.”

“I thought the rose petals were quite creative,” he said grinning at his best friend.

Ginny didn’t just have a talent for potions. She made it an art. She had inherited her twin brothers’ gift of experimentation but had a tendency to be a little more accurate about the outcome of various combinations than her brothers. Thus far, however, she had behaved herself and always followed exact instructions in Potions. She would often complain about Snape being overzealous about the affects of one potion or another if you didn’t do everything exactly as he said. Potions were a precise science to some, but to Ginny there was always room for enhancement.

Today had been the first time she had ever actually finally acted on her desire to alter one of the potions Snape had assigned them. She had finally grown bored enough to do so. She added the extra ingredients and mixed them in so as not to disturb the effects of the remainder of the ingredients. She was quite pleased with herself when her silver vapors started turning into silver rose petals and floated around her cauldron. The scent of roses quickly began to fill the room. She had just filled her vial when the scent and sight of roses had caught Snape’s attention.

He had immediately given her detention telling her she would redo the potion exactly as he had instructed. He had still taken the vial she had filled with her version of the potion and surprisingly didn’t say much more to her. It was unusual for Snape to pass up a chance to berate a Gryffindor for making a mistake in his class. Of course, she hadn’t made a mistake. She had done it on purpose.

She really wasn’t that upset about getting detention, she honestly expected some type of punishment for her stunt. But she did have better things to do. She wanted to get out on the Quidditch pitch to train a little. Last year she had been Seeker in place of Harry, but this year she thought she’d try for a position as Chaser or Beater since Dumbledore had lifted any lifetime bans that had been handed out as punishment the year before, allowing Harry to have his position back. Harry had also been named Captain so she didn’t want to make a fool of herself during tryouts.

She had long ago gotten over her crush on Harry Potter. She was perfectly happy being just friends with him. Still, she didn’t want to disappoint him when she tried out for the team. Practice would have to wait until tomorrow. She hoped Ron wouldn’t be too upset.

~*~*~


“Detention? But you’re a prefect!”

Ginny had broken the news to her brother as they ate dinner.

“Yes, well as Colin reminded me we aren’t exactly exempt from punishments.”

“You should know that, Ron. What on earth did you get detention for, Ginny?” Hermione didn’t look too pleased with her. She took prefect duties very seriously and expected everyone to do the same.

“Potions.”

“That figures, Snape always takes his frustrations out on Gryffindors,” Ron commented.

“Well, I was bored.”

She explained how she managed to get detention in Potions that afternoon.

“So that’s why the dungeons smelled like roses,” Harry said grinning. “And we thought he had flowers for some woman.”

Ron was laughing, “That’s too funny, Gin. But it put him in a worse mood for our class. He really got upset when the girls commented on how ‘lovely’ the dungeons smelled today.”

“That’s actually very advanced potion making. It’s beyond NEWT level and I’m not even sure Snape goes into that until seventh year, if at all. I think he only allows his Advance Potion class to do it. It's quite dangerous.”

“What do you mean?” Ron asked surprised that his little sister was doing anything advanced.

“Potion enhancement.”

“Please, Hermione, it wasn’t really a big deal. I was only having fun,” she said dismissively. “Besides, Professor Snape didn’t seem too impressed. He’s making me redo the potion his way. I swear the man has no sense of humor. Well, I’ve got to be going. If all he makes me do is create the Draught of Peace his way then I probably won’t be too long. I might even make it out to the pitch.”

~*~*~


“I should have known it would be you,” Draco sneered as Ginny entered the classroom.

“What are you doing here?”

“Professor Snape has a meeting to attend, apparently, and as a prefect of his house I have certain duties which include supervising your detention. You’re to remake the Draught of Peace.”

Ginny gathered the ingredients she needed and began brewing the potion. Draco had taken a seat at a table across the room and was working on homework. They worked in silence for a time. Ginny, though, couldn’t seem to help herself.

“I should make you do this for me,” she said nonchalantly.

Draco had stopped writing. “I am not doing your punishment. It’s punishment enough to have to be here when I have plans.”

Ginny noted he was restraining himself from insulting her. It was amusing.

“Ruining a little tryst, am I?”

“I’d be careful if I were you, Weasley. You may have something over me now, but I assure you, I will get my revenge.”

“Is that a threat?”

“Get back to work. I want to get out of here. I’ve got things to do.”

Ginny smirked. She really couldn’t help herself. “Ah, yes. Things.”

Draco caught the meaning as he recalled their conversation from that morning. He barely retained his composure. “Actually, I have a pretty Ravenclaw brunette to do. She,” he emphasized, “knows how to please a man.” And then he added for reasons unknown to himself, “Unlike some inexperienced little girls.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Ginny was irritated. She shouldn’t have been, but his tone was contemptuous and that aggravated her.

Draco knew he hit a nerve. “Oh, just some things I’ve heard from your previous boyfriends. It would also probably explain why you were never able to get Potter either.”

Ginny was furious now. How dare he even go there! She thought about threatening him with the photos again, however, she realized that if she rearranged the order of the ingredients she was working with and stirred four extra times she had a potion capable of rendering a man impotent if applied to the correct region. She wasn’t sure how long the effect would last but it would be enough to ruin his little tryst with the Ravenclaw. For some reason she felt a little satisfaction at that thought, though she wondered why she was bothered by the fact he was meeting with the girl in the first place. She was angry and she needed revenge immediately.

She hadn’t said another word after his last comment so Draco went back to working on his homework feeling smugly satisfied that he had finally gotten the last word. Ten minutes later she had walked over to his table and plopped the cauldron down in front of him.

“What are you doing?” he said leaning back in his chair. It was just the opportunity Ginny needed.

She murmured the levitation spell and flicked her wand so that the cauldron flipped upside down and dumped its contents all over his lap.

“Oops!” she said sarcastically. “I guess I’m going to have to start all over.”

“Damn it, Weasley! These trousers are Zhovani custom made. You better not have ruined them,” he growled as he performed a cleaning charm on himself. “You just did that to waste my time.”

That wasn’t exactly why she had done it, only an added bonus. “Are you afraid your date won’t wait for you?” She started gathering the ingredients again. She was feeling much better already.

“She’ll wait. No woman can resist the Malfoy charm,” he said arrogantly.

Ginny snorted.

“What’s the matter, Weasley? Jealous?”

“Hardly, Malfoy. Though Crabbe may be. You really ought to take his feelings into consideration,” she returned smoothly. She was the one with the upper hand here and he’d best not forget it.

Draco glared at her and returned to his homework.

An hour later a fine silvery vapor was emanating from her cauldron. She had completed the Draught of Peace exactly as Snape had requested and she had done it from memory.

She had just filled another vial with the concoction when Professor Snape entered the room. He dismissed Draco who apparently thought better than to say anything about the potion she had dumped on him earlier, but still glowered at her just as he left.

“I’ve finished the potion, Professor,” she said as she handed him the vial and performed the spell to clean her cauldron. “May I go now?”

“I need a word with you, Miss Weasley.”

She sighed. She had wasted enough time earlier and was ready for a few rounds about the pitch. She wasn’t exactly in the mood for a lecture. She sat and waited for him to speak.

“You are aware, Miss Weasley, that up until today your performance in my class has been exemplary.” It was not a question.

"Yes, Professor Snape,” she replied, slightly bored.

“Are you also aware that this is an flawless sample of the Draught of Peace?” he said indicating the vial she had filled during Potions, not the one she had just completed.

“Well, yes. I just improved it a bit,” she commented, a little bewildered. He was supposed to be reprimanding her for changing the potion, not praising her.

“Did you happen to read the instructions on the board for creating the potion during your detention?”

She hadn’t even glanced at the board but as she read it now she noticed that there were two extra steps. She now felt a little foolish for doing it from memory now.

“No. I thought you wanted me to make the Draught of Peace the way you had instructed in class. The recipe on the board now calls for –” she reread the board. “ – wait. The steps that are listed now would cause nightmares!”

"How long have you been bored in my class, Miss Weasley?”

“I – I’m not,” she said lamely.

“Come now. The last four years you’ve been scoring perfect marks in my class. And today you have the audacity to enhance a potion that requires preciseness in all aspects in order for it to work correctly. You managed to successfully enhance it. You’ve just created that same OWL rated potion from memory. And you could tell just by reading the board that the concoction I created up there would give one nightmares.”

He was scowling at her. Ginny remained silent having decided it was not a good idea to receive another detention for mouthing off.

"I'm going to suggest that you be moved to my Advanced Potions class," he said, gruffly. "I hope you do not disappoint me."

Ginny made every attempt not to allow her jaw to smash into the floor. Had she really just been moved to an advanced class?

“I don’t normally take students prior to completing their OWLs, however, I believe that you will be capable of obtaining an Outstanding on your Potions OWL. Class will meet twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays after your lunch period. I believe that is your free period so we will not need to make any adjustments to your current schedule. I will still expect you to study on your own, as you will still be required to learn the material to pass your OWLs. If you feel that an advanced class is too daunting and you wish to pass on this opportunity and remain in your normal potions class, that is entirely up to you. But if you disrupt my class again with your bored antics, you will regret it. I will expect your decision by the end of the week. Advanced Potions begins next Tuesday. You are dismissed.”

Ginny nodded and left. She no longer had time to go out to the pitch but now she had a lot to think about. She had never had the problem with Professor Snape that Harry or Ron had. He wasn’t actually pleasant, but he never seemed to purposely pick on her as he did some others. He was giving her a great opportunity and she could quit her regular boring Potions class!

~*~*~


Oh gods! This can’t be happening, Draco thought in a slight panic. This can’t have ever actually happened to a Malfoy!

Marietta had been waiting as he had expected. They had begun their snogging session as Draco had planned but as things progressed he found that nothing was happening. Nothing. He had been with many girls before and this had never happened. She was touching him in all the right places, he was groping her in all the right places and still there was no reaction. This was a problem that old wizards have, not young men in their sexual peak!

“Draco, what’s wrong?” Marietta had asked when he was no longer responding to her.

He decided he’d have to quit before she became suspicious of his problem. That was the last thing he needed right now. He didn’t need Marietta spreading rumors.

“I’ve decided I don’t want you. You’re not nearly as good as I’ve heard. I’m leaving.”

He gathered his things, smoothed his hair back into position and left. The truth was, she really wasn’t as good as he’d heard. Her kisses were far too needy and she was too fast and not nearly as gentle as she should be. But there still should have been some reaction; a voice in the back of his head reminded him. He was male, after all. It shouldn’t take much.
~*~*~
Leave a Review