My Heart is Full


"Potter! Wake-up! This is not the time to be catching up on your beauty sleep! Why aren't you at the Mask? You're supposed to be the hero, and not the one napping in the dormitory!" Draco growled at a slumbering Harry.

"Malfoy? Is that really you, or am I dreaming again?" Harry asked, sleepily.

"This is no time for idiotic questions! I know even you dream about me, Potter, but Ginny's life is in danger, and I need your help. Juvenile as you may be, you are the only one with enough guts to go charging into a forest full of Death Eaters without having the whole wizarding world following in your footsteps. There is no time to question me, but you have to know that I wouldn't be asking this of you if Ginny wasn't depending on me," Draco pleaded.

Immediately, Harry jumped up. He grabbed his Invisibility cloak, and he and Draco made their way out of Gryffindor Tower.

***

Draco had just finished screaming at Pansy, and made his way up to the Mask. Colin Creevey passed him, and gave his lack of robes a questioning look. Draco immediately questioned Potter's whereabouts, and Creevy told him that Harry had gone to bed early since he couldn't dance with Ginny. Draco tensed at this, and looked around for the woman he loved, but she was no where. He ran up to Gryffindor Tower. He didn't hesitate, even though he knew that he was going to make quite an entrance.

The Slytherin Head Boy running into Gryffindor Tower, shirtless, demanding Harry Potter's whereabouts? Draco thought, smirking. Only for Ginny.

Surprisingly, the common room was empty when he opened the portrait hole. He found the staircase leading to what he anticipated to be the Boys' dormitories. He found the one labeled Seventh Years, and walked right in.


***

"Malfoy, we're out in the middle of a cold forest, looking for a bunch of Death Eaters you claim are here. What do-"

"Shut it, Potter! Pansy wouldn't lie about something like this!"

"How do you know? For all she cares, Ginny could die! One less Weasley in the world would be great to a Slytherin," Harry found himself forced up against a tree, Draco two inches from his face.

"You know, Potter, I can put up with your whining of the cold, how Voldemort hurts your head, and how your parents are dead. I can even be fair on the Quidditch Pitch when you aren't. But I will not listen to you rant on and on about how Ginny could be dead! I will not listen to you say that I don't care about her! I'd give anything to have her in my arms at this moment, where I know she's safe. I'd even give my own life, if need be. I brought you along, hoping we could end this 'war' tonight, but if you're too much of a bloody coward, you can turn back. I have five minutes to find her, and I am not wasting her life on an immature argument with a git that wasn't worth her time to begin with!" He was out of breath by the time he finished. He threw the Invisibility Cloak out from over him, and continued jogging through the Forest. He heard speedy footsteps behind him, and knew Harry had followed. Whether it was good or bad, he wasn't sure yet.

***

"How could you, Draco?" Ginny asked, once she had been firmly tied to the post. Wormtail had given them time alone before his master showed up.

"It was simple. All I had to do was play on your sympathies. Oh Ginny, I'm not who you think I am! My father beats me, and I believe Tom Riddle is an evil man! I love you, and we can be together forever! I will always protect you!" Draco exclaimed in a mocking tone. "You can't honestly think that was real?" Ginny's expression was clear. She had. "You did?! Wow, I should take up acting! No, honestly, Weasel, I'll never love. It's against the Malfoy Code of Conduct. And even if I wanted to, do you honestly think that I'd fall for you, a poor, ill-bred. freckled, clingy, tainted sixth year? Not a chance. I'd take Pansy anyday," Draco finished, leaving Ginny in tears. "Well, must go. Duty calls," and with that, he walked away from her.

Ginny's heart was broken, and she knew it would never heal. She loved him. The worst part was that she still did. There was too much. It was too real to have all been fake. She remembered the first day on the train. He'd been so different than she remembered. She'd seen the proof that he'd been beaten. The Crucio scar was the evidence. It had obviously been replaced by a semi-Dark Mark. She couldn't believe it. He'd been so against Voldemort, and Tom. She'd felt it. It had seeped from him and into her because he'd felt it so strongly. She thought of the first and only time she'd spent the night in his arms. It was her second to most recalled moment. He'd felt so protecting, so comfortable. Draco had become her home that night. She knew she could depend on him. She, then, remembered the time she'd twisted her ankle, and he'd been so intent on healing her wounds. He always wanted her to be okay, always helping her. She recalled the jealousy in his eyes when he accused her of being with Harry, and how he couldn't desert her when she'd challenged him. Lastly, she recalled the kiss. They'd given their hearts to each other. She'd felt him pour his soul into her, and she did the same. She put her life in his hands, and held his in her own. They trusted each other completely, even though they had been sworn enemies not even a year earlier. That couldn't have all been fake. It was impossible.

"Why, if it isn't little Virginia Weasley, here to give herself to me."

Ginny glanced up into the hooded slits that belonged to the Dark Lord. "Give myself to you, Tom? I don't think so."

"Virginia, you are positively shaking. And the name is You-Know-Who, if you don't mind. I like to be recognized. It gives me that extra umph, don't you think? Anyways, I'm not young yet, you know. Tom and I are totally different. He isn't so right in the head, if you know what I mean."

"No, you and Tom are exactly alike. And no, I'm not afraid of you, if that's what you're thinking." Ginny answered the half-being.

"You dare to contradict me?! I tried being nice, but you don't like it that way. Maybe I should get young Malfoy over this way, get him to rough you up a bit. He'd do it, and he'd do it with that signature smirk that you find so charming. He never really loved you. He only wanted your power. Now, we've got it. There's no reason for you to live, unless you want to become a Death Eater," Voldemort offered, and Ginny turned her head away from him. "I know how much you love him, Ginny. There are ways to make him love you. I can make you two be together forever," he proposed.

Ginny just shook her head. She wasn't willing to love somebody who would never truly love her back.

"Fine, don't make him love you. It's going to be awfully cold in the winter nights without your strong Malfoy with you. Oh well, it's your loss. I'm sure Pansy Parkinson will enjoy his company." Voldemort could see he'd struck a nerve. He reached out with a near translucent hand, and grabbed a stray piece of her hair. He started to intertwine it between his fingers while crooning, "Doesn't that make you angry, Gin? Here you are, a beautiful young woman who gave her heart to her worst enemy. He pretends to fall for you, but you forget to pretend, and love him with everything you have. Being a Weasley, that isn't much, but you don't care. Then, he turns you over, and leaves you good enough for dead, around the time when you had planned to make your 'love' public. Now, you find out that some other girl is going to be with him until the end of time, when my reign finally comes to an end. Don't you wish it could be you? Don't you wish he'd tell you he loves you one more time? Don't you wish he'd say that this is the act, and he's only doing it to save you? Well, it's not you, Ginny, he won't tell you he loves you, and this is all real. But it doesn't have to be. If you join me, I can make sure that you never remember any of this. You'd wake-up, and it'd be this morning all over again. You have breakfast with Draco by the lake, and hold hands as you walk through the halls. He'd whisper that he lives for you, and will hardly be able to contain himself through double Potions, but you'll remind him that you have DADA with him after that, and he tells you that he can't wait for the Mask so he'll be able to kiss you in public. You blush as he squeezes your hand, and know the best is yet to come," Voldemort finishes, glancing at a tearing Ginny. She remembered that morning. Sniffling, she turned to him.

"How did you-"

"Know that all that happened? Well, let's just say a little ferret told me. So what is it, Ginny? A vegatable life alone in St. Mugo's or a high ranking Death Eater?"

"What's the difference?" she inquired, smoothly.

"Why you little bitch!" Voldemort slapped her across the face. Little did he know, it could've been the last hurtful thing he'd ever do, atleast where Ginny was concerned. Lurking behind the tree was a pair of invisible boys. One was using all the strenght he had to hold back the blond from killing the Dark Lord then and there.

***

Harry cast a Silencing Charm over himself and Draco.

"What were you thinking? You could've gotten all three of us killed, Malfoy!" Harry screeched, waving his arms like a madman. It was a wonder the cloak stayed on.

"Did you see? Did you see what he was doing to her?! Did you hear what he said?! He's setting me up! He's trying to use me to get at Ginny, and he almost succeeded! All Blaise has to do is speak to Ginny as me, and he could make her turn!" Draco screeched right along with Harry.

"Blaise? Harry stopped screeching, and looked at Draco.

"He's being a Polyjuice me. All this year, he's been screwing with our lives. It wasn't just him. It was Pansy, Millicent, Malcom, and V-Vera." Draco couldn't believe Vera would do something like that, but it would explain the Polyjuice Ginny that night.

"Did you know?"

Draco just looked at Harry. "Do you honestly think that Ginny would be here if I knew, Potter?! I can't believe you would think that if I had known, I wouldn't have stopped it! I knew something was wrong, both of us did. I mean, it's not everyday you get framed for putting the Dream Team in the hospital. We just tried to go on without the suspiscions. We trusted each other... in most respects," he said, giving Harry an avid glare. "This isn't about my loyalities, Potter. I'm not the next in line for Death Eatership. I'm with Ginny, and will be forever. The question is, are you willing to give it all up for your cause. I have to do something, but I don't need you to do it. If you want to come, let's go."

I now have a fanfiction journal. It can be located at http://www.livejournal.com/users/dracosbeauty927

I often post cookies on there, and update my fanfics. You can check it out sometime. Sorry it took so long to get this up. My internet wasn't working... Please Review
Leave a Review