Fallen


A/N:
This is my first story and I've already posted it on fanfiction.net and decided to post here at dracoandginny.com too. This is a Draco/Ginny story (this is by far, my favourite pairing), and it is going to be based on the album “Fallen” by Evanescence. I love this album and I thought the songs would make a great foundation for the plot of a fanfic, so here I am with a story. I wrote this story to help improve my writing skills, so any feedback, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated, but please don’t just flame, give me constructive criticism, tell me what it is that you don’t like.
Enjoy!
dracosslytheringal

*~*~*~*~*


Summary: Ginny is tired of waiting around for Harry to notice her; she’s sinking into a depression and decides she doesn’t want her life to revolve around him anymore. One day she seeks help in the unlikeliest person, and the relationship evolves into something unexpected.

Disclaimer: I do not, nor will I ever have the good fortune or talent to own anything that belongs to the amazing writer J.K. Rowling, or the excellent musicians of Evanescence. Thus, the only thing I own is the plot.

*~*~*~*~*


Chapter One: Going Under

Now I will tell you what I’ve done for you
50 thousand tears I’ve cried
Screaming deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won’t hear me
Don’t want your hand this time I’ll save myself
Maybe I’ll wake up for once
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I’d reached the bottom
I’m dying again

I’m going under
Drowning in you
I’m falling forever
I’ve got to break through
I’m going under

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
So I don’t know what’s real and what’s not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can’t trust myself anymore
I’m dying again

I’m going under
Drowning in you
I’m falling forever
I’ve got to break through
I’m going under
So go on and scream
Scream at me I’m so far away
I won’t be broken again
I’ve got to breathe I can’t keep going under


-Evanescence

*~*~*~*~*


It was the first day of school, and Ginevra Weasley was about to enter her sixth year. She was now sixteen years old and had been waiting around for Harry Potter to realise what was right in front of him for five years. During that time, which seemed like an eternity to Ginny, she had blossomed into a beautiful, intelligent and mature young woman. She was tall, slim, and fair-skinned, and had the most beautiful deep red hair that flowed in soft waves down to the middle of her back.

“Ginevra Weasley! If you do not get down here this instant, you will miss the train!” Ginny was pulled out of her reverie as she heard her mother yell up the stairs to her. She knew better than to procrastinate when her mother was in her first day of school mood, so she quickly grabbed her bag and ran downstairs.

As Ginny came to the bottom of the stairs, there he was, the source of all her pain, sorrow, and suffering, that tortured her heart and soul every waking moment. She quickly turned away and ran out the door as Harry said a cheerful “Good morning!” to her. She ran to the car faster than she ever thought possible; as she sat down, she tried with all her strength to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. She could never understand how Harry could be so happy when she was experiencing so much anguish.

Ginny gathered herself as moments later Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley all piled into the car. The car ride felt like an eternity to Ginny, because she had to sit beside Harry and watch him completely ignore her existence, while he talked animatedly with Ron and Hermione.

They finally arrived at the train station, and quickly entered Platform 9 ¾. As always, students and their families were bustling around the platform ensuring they weren’t forgetting anything and would not miss the only train to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ginny quickly said goodbye to her mother and father and hastily kissed them before she rushed onto the gigantic train. Ginny wanted to make sure she could get her own compartment away from everyone where she could be alone and not have to face someone that might remind her of how unhappy she was.

Ginny found a compartment near the back of the train and immediately shut the door, so that no one would enter and disturb her solace. She sat down and curled up in the fetal position as if she were protecting herself from everything around her. She looked out the window and envied all of the smiling faces and abruptly turned her face away to avoid falling deeper into self-pity. Ginny closed her eyes, for the only time she felt at ease was while she was sleeping.

The train finally began to move and Ginny had almost fallen into a deep slumber when she heard the door of the compartment slide open. She thought to herself, ‘If I pretend to be asleep maybe they will just leave me alone.’ However to Ginny’s misfortune, that wasn’t the case; the person not only didn’t leave but actually went and sat down across from her.

She waited for several minutes but they just did not seem to be moving. Ginny finally opened her eyes; she was shocked, she could not believe what she was seeing, she blinked several times, thinking perhaps that this was a dream, or possibly a nightmare. Sitting before her was none other than Draco Malfoy, her family’s most hated enemy, and the man who would endlessly tease and torment her family for their lack of wealth and material objects. ‘Why on earth would he be caught dead associating with a Weasley?’

“Do you have something wrong with your eyes there Weasley? Your family cannot afford to get glasses for you? I have to say I’m not surprised,” Draco drawled.

“Malfoy, what the hell are you doing in here, wouldn’t you be incredibly embarrassed if someone saw you this close to a Weasley?” Ginny retorted. A slight smirk crawled across Draco’s face, and Ginny couldn’t help but feel her cheeks begin to blush. ‘Why have I never noticed how good-looking Malfoy is? Well I guess you don’t get the name Slytherin Sex God for nothing…’

“For your information, Weaslette, I wasn’t planning on interacting with a Weasley, I was simply hiding from that wench, Pansy Parkinson. There were no empty compartments and when I came upon yours, I saw you asleep, and thought that I would be able to leave before you woke up. So as you can see, this was the simplest way to escape that insipid girl.” As Draco mentioned Pansy, Ginny could sense the malice, and utter disgust in his tone, and watched as his eyes suddenly turned a stormy grey colour. This sent Ginny into complete disbelief and gave her chills; this reminded her so closely of someone, someone with just as much disgust, someone just a cynical, just as sinister, some who possessed just as much hatred for everything in the world. Ginevra was shocked because he reminded her of herself.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Weasley? You have been staring into space for a long time now, you’re scaring me, are you possessed or something?” Draco said with a look of curiosity on his face. She intrigued him, he had never seen such misery in a Weasley. It finally hit him, she was not just an ordinary Weasley. She was different, and now that he thought about it, she had never acted like a typical Weasley. Something had corrupted her innocence; she had been influenced by something for so long that it had turned her into someone else. It had turned her into someone, like him.

Ginny just sat there, completely ignoring all of the comments Malfoy was making about her family, she just continued to sit there in her sorrow, wallowing in her thoughts. All she could think about was all of the girls that would be swooning over Harry this year, all the times she would have to sit and watch Harry date girl after girl, and continue to ignore her. It was these thoughts that drove her deeper and deeper into loneliness, into a severe lack of self-worth, of confidence. ‘Why can’t he love me, why can’t he notice how much I love him, how much I would give up just to be with him?’ Ginny’s mind was rushed with this continuous flow of thoughts that haunted her soul.

Ginny struggled to restrain her tears for the second time that day. ‘I will not cry because of him, not again, why does he have this power over me, why can’t I control my own emotions, why does he command my every thought!’ As hard as she fought back the tears, her strength was not enough; besides, she no longer had to uphold any reputation she may have had. Malfoy would surely torment her for this later, but then again what did she have to lose? So she would be humiliated, but she had no pride left to defend, Harry had destroyed that long ago.

The tears began to fall despite Ginny’s best efforts, and after only moments, her body began to wrack as she sobbed, completely destroying any barriers that she had built up that would stop her from behaving like this in public.

Draco did not know what to do, in fact, he was absolutely overwhelmed. He knew that she had problems but this was far beyond his comprehension. Were Gryffindors not supposed to have legendary courage and bravery? Inexperienced in this area, Draco brought up what was causing Ginny to behave in such a way. “Weasley, what the hell are you crying for? Honestly what could be that horrible?” Draco asked with a very blunt, unsympathetic tone.

This only caused Ginny to cry more, and for her body to tremble intensely. “Look, I am sorry, I didn’t mean to make things worse. Seriously though, as much as you hate me, and I hate your family, is there something wrong? I do not think it is healthy for someone to be that depressed.” Draco tried his best to sound concerned, but this was new for him. In his family, you never dared to comment on emotions, you just pretended that feelings did not exist.

Ginny’s sobs continued for quite a long time, and Draco was now genuinely worried, he had never seen someone other than himself experiencing such misery. Draco finally decided that maybe if he were to talk to her, she might not think about whatever problems she was enduring. “Look, Ginevra, you know you remind me a lot of what I am like when I am at home. I sink into that same depression, when I am forced to be there and bear the torture from my father. You are not like your family, there is something greatly different about you, something has made you change.” Draco did not know what made him open up to her, maybe it was because she could understand what it felt like to be depressed, or maybe, somehow psychologically, he knew that they could help each other, that they had something in common. Whatever it was, he wanted to talk, he needed to, and there was no doubt that Ginevra did too.

Ginny looked up at Draco ... did he really care, was he just teasing her again, or was this genuine concern? Ginny looked into Draco’s silver-grey eyes, and she felt like she could see into his soul; there was something there that made her feel comfortable with him, she felt like she could open up to him, tell him what had haunted her for too long. She knew that this would make her vulnerable, but for some unknown reason, she trusted him.

After a few minutes of silence, Ginny finally spoke. “I am not like my family, I will never be like my family, they are noticed, they are loved. I will never have that, I am always the one that is being ignored, I am always seen as little Ginevra Weasley, who can’t be independent, can’t be noticed for who she is.” Ginny’s voice sounded hesitant, as if it were far away.

Draco just nodded in understanding. “That isn’t true, you know. I noticed you, didn’t I?” Draco was shocked by his own comment; he had noticed her, hadn’t he? She was definitely beautiful and they did have a lot in common, even if it was their misery and depression, but there was a connection between them that both of them could feel.

“I just can’t handle being controlled, I am like a slave to his every move, I can’t handle just waiting around for him anymore, he has this control over me that I just can’t avoid.” Ginny’s eyes turned dark as she spoke of him, the pain embraced her once again. A single tear fell, and slid down her flushed cheek, as anger rose up inside her.

“Who is this ‘he’ you are talking about? How can this one person have hurt you so horribly?” Draco was very interested in her story now, something in her life had altered her perception of existence itself, and it was truly terrifying to him.

“Harry Potter…” she said slowly, enunciating every syllable so that the name slid off her tongue as if it were cursed; Draco could feel the absolute revulsion it brought up in her. She said she loved him, yet she emanated such hatred for him. “I have loved him since I was eleven years old, and look where I am now, still pining for him like a little girl. Look what I have become, and yet I still want him, I still need him to love me; I have been rejected and ignored by him for five years and yet I still yearn for his acceptance, his attention, his affection.”

Draco was lost for words, he just stared into Ginny’s eyes, and it was as if they were having a conversation without saying a word aloud. The train slowed to a stop, and they broke their gaze. They both stood up and left the compartment separately without saying another word to one another, they needn’t say anything, both knew that they secretly needed one another, even if they were reluctant to admit it.

*~*~*~*~*
Leave a Review