See Chapter One for disclaimer

*********************************************************************

Marcus lay on his back and looked up at his naked girlfriend straddling his waist. "So do you want to try it?" he asked seriously.

"Well Ginny raved to me how well it worked when Draco did it for her. I'd say it's worth a go."

Marcus started to smirk, "You know this sounds kind of naughty."

Katie swatted at his chest, "Stop that, you prat. We need to focus here."

"Okay, okay. Do you want me to invite them?"

"No, I think it should come from me. If you turn up with the invitation Fred and George would hex first, find an alibi later."

"Shall we set it up for this Saturday? We can postpone it if necessary but I want to make sure the twins are there."

Katie raised an eyebrow at him. "I thought your main concern would be in wooing Oliver," she said.

Marcus screwed up his nose at her choice of words. "Draco has managed to get Bill and Charlie Weasley on side; this'll give him an opportunity to work on the twins without Ron being there to fuck things up."

Katie's face broke into a wide smile. Bending down she brushed her lips over Marcus's. "Now that is the side of Marcus they have never seen before," she whispered.

"The cunning devious side?" Marcus grinned as he kissed her lightly, "Because I'm pretty sure they're familiar with those facets of my personality."

"No," Katie murmured as she deepened the kisses, "The incredibly loyal and caring side that won me."

"Was that what did it? I thought it was my talent in bed."

"Well that too."

******************************************************************

Angelina was lounging outside when Katie Apparated to the Weasley home.

She looked up with a grin at her erstwhile friend. "Out of bed before noon on a day with no practice scheduled, Kit Kat? This is a surprise," she gently teased.

"Exactly, you should feel especially privileged as I left my gorgeous naked boyfriend all alone to come visit you lot,” Katie said. “Is everyone here, or have the twins already gone into the lab?"

"They're in the kitchen having a late breakfast." At Katie's raised eyebrow Angelina explained, "The smell of eggs is one of the only triggers I have for morning sickness, unfortunately it is also the food that Alicia craves the most."

Katie grimaced in sympathy. "That's an unfortunate coincidence."

"Not really," Angelina grinned. "I get to stay out here and they do all the cleaning up."

"Fair enough," Katie giggled. "Do you want me to call them out here?"

"No. It should be fine by now."

Linking arms with Katie, Angelina paused before entering the kitchen and sniffed experimentally. "See, told you it would be fine."

Pushing the door open Katie called out cheerfully, "Hello, the Weasleys!"

"Hey Katie," Alicia replied happily. The twins waved at her, mouths working to finish the last of the toast. "What brings you to Casa Weasley this morning?"

"I am here to check your social calendar to see if you can fit me into your busy lives."

*********************************************************************

Oliver opened the door at the hesitant knock to find Katie waiting nervously on his doorstep.

"Hello Katie. I wasn't expecting to see you," Oliver said quietly. He had been trying to move past his discovery of her relationship with Marcus, really he had. Oliver had lost sleep rationalising why this was her life and her decision, and then even more sleep over what he could do to convince her to let him pick a nice Hufflepuff as a replacement boyfriend. She was his family for Merlin's sake. Katie deserved someone who would worship the ground she walked on and look after her when Oliver couldn't. Not Marcus bloody Flint who went through women like Gilderoy Lockhart went through hair products. "Come on in."

Katie paused awkwardly inside the door and waited, unsure exactly how to proceed. Oliver looked over at her, noting the nervousness before opening his arms. Smiling in relief, Katie threw herself at him. A muffled "Missed you" soon emerged.

"Missed you too," he admitted. Since neither of them seemed to want to let go, Oliver shuffled them across to the couch. "Not that I'm complaining but are you planning on letting go soon," he teased.

"Nope," Katie muttered. "I have been deprived of Oliver snuggles and I need to make up my quota before I can move."

Oliver sighed dramatically, "I suppose that will be okay." After several minutes of covertly checking her appearance for signs of maltreatment from faithless Slytherin chasers, Oliver asked, "How have you been?"

"Apart from missing you terribly, I've been good." Katie paused, "I need to find a way to make this work, Oliver. You're a huge part of my life, always will be, but Marcus is too." Katie stroked a hand down his arm when she felt him stiffen slightly. "I'm not asking you to welcome him with open arms."

Oliver choked out something that sounded suspiciously like, "Thank Merlin."

"However, I do want the two of you to be able to be in the same room without hexing each other into little pieces," Katie said firmly.

"What do you have planned?"

"I want us to go out and spend a civil evening together."

"The three of us?" Oliver asked, horrified.

"Even I am not that optimistic. No, the Weasleys would be there as well." Katie looked up at him with a teasing smile. "When playing nice gets too much you can always hide with them."

Oliver was silent for a while, weighing up his options. Refusal would hurt Katie again, something he was loath to do. If he agreed he could at least see how Marcus was treating her. If he wasn't happy with what he found the twins would be there to help him dispose of the body. "Where and when do you want me?"

********************************************************************

Marcus looked gloomily over at Draco, "Can't we just hex the lot of them and then oblivate Katie and Ginny later?"

"Oh that's tempting," Draco groaned. "However if you ever plan on sleeping with Ms Bell again I advise playing nice with her friends tonight."

"The only comfort I am taking in this whole endeavour is that you will be suffering along side me," Marcus replied.

"You are a true friend, Marcus. I wouldn't be in this situation if not for you."

"Excuse me! It was your success with the eldest Weasels that gave me the idea in the first place." Marcus paused for a moment and looked at Draco speculatively. "Did you pick up the ring on Thursday?" he asked.

"Yes."

"And?" Marcus prompted.

"And I'm waiting for the right moment. I only plan on doing this once so everything has to be perfect."

Both men plastered on smiles as Katie and Ginny came through the door. Moving across the floor to their respective lovers the two women raised their faces for a quick kiss.

"Are we ready?" Katie asked.

"Amazing as it may seem Malfoy was able to tear himself away from the mirror in under two hours, so yes we are ready."

Draco had a slight pout as he complained, "Some days I ask myself why I'm friends with you."

"My poor baby," Ginny crooned before the laughter overtook her. "Let's get out of here.

************************************************************************

Fred and George Weasley had a slightly shell-shocked expression on their faces as they waited for Ginny, Katie and their associated Slytherins to appear. Their normally even-tempered wives had launched a blistering tirade at them before they left the house threatening all sorts of inventive punishments should they attempt to prank either Marcus or Draco this evening.

Angelina and Alicia chatted idly, pointedly ignoring their husbands to focus their attention on Oliver.

"We're very proud of you Oliver," Alicia said quietly. "We know this isn't easy for you but the fact that you're willing to try means the world to Katie."

Angelina nodded her agreement, "And we should probably thank you as well." At Oliver's surprised look she continued, "The fact that you were willing to come here also gives Ginny a chance to show her brothers what she has been doing."

"I hadn't realised that none of you had been here before," Oliver admitted.

"Well it wasn't for a lack of our trying, believe me," Alicia muttered.

"I haven't, but that was because I had no desire to bump into Flint off a Quidditch pitch. Unfortunately that plan appears to be shot to hell and back."

The Mrs Weasleys laughed and patted his arm in sympathy when a loud pop signalled the arrival of the rest of the group.

Katie and Ginny looked slightly nervous as they greeted their respective families. There was a lot riding on the success of tonight's experiment. Draco handed over a stack of green cards to Ginny.

"Oh I almost forgot - you all need one of these." Explaining as she handed them out, "These will get you into all levels of the club, and past any lines. Just show it to security. If you want a drink or something to eat, just flash the card again."

************************************************************************

Draco wrapped his arms around Ginny and rested his chin on top of her head as they stood chatting with Marcus. The older Gryffindors had paired up and were dancing enthusiastically on the dance floor. Marcus was watching Katie giggling as Wood twirled her around before dipping her extravagantly.

"She's enjoying herself," Ginny commented quietly.

Marcus smiled down at her, "She is. Tonight was a good idea."

"You weren't saying that two hours ago," Draco baited.

To say that conversation had been stilted would have been a gross understatement. So many conversation topics were off limits. Quidditch the standard conversational fallback suddenly became a lot more volatile when all of them had represented their House at Hogwarts and four now played the game professionally. Discussing politics was a bit dodgy as well. Although neither Draco nor Marcus had been a supporter of Voldemort their families had been. In desperation Ginny had taken them of a tour from top to bottom of the club. Alicia and Angelina were fascinated with the various levels and their enthusiasm had helped thaw their husbands' reticence. Unable to resist the hopeful smiles Katie kept throwing him, Oliver had eventually relaxed as well.

"Enough chit-chat you two, I want to dance." Ginny said firmly. Reaching over she grabbed Marcus's hand, dragging the two Slytherins in her wake she lead them out to the dance floor.

Although Oliver hated to admit it, he was enjoying himself. It had been ages since he and the Katie had partied with the Weasleys. Fred and George had been watching Draco almost as intently as Oliver had been watching Marcus's interaction with Katie. So far he hadn't found anything to fault him on. He was attentive to her wishes without being overbearing and their gentle teasing and unconscious touches spoke of an emotional intimacy that Oliver was not expecting to find.

Katie and Alicia were returning from the rest room and weaving their way through the crowds. Alicia was muttering about bladders, pregnancy and bloody Weasley fertility while Katie giggled helplessly. Just before they reached the rest of their group Katie was accosted by someone she would have preferred not to have seen again.

"Ma chérie, I thought it was you," Etienne exclaimed extravagantly, reaching towards her.

Katie recoiled at the heavy waft of alcohol that washed over face as Etienne bent and kissed her cheeks.

"Now, now Katie, is that any way to greet an old friend," He chided. Looking up and down her body suggestively "You have grown up nicely over the last few years."

Katie stiffened in anger, "If you'll excuse me." She made to move past him. She could see Oliver pushing towards them. His speed through the crowd alerting Marcus that something was wrong.

Etienne ignored her cold tone and continued; seemingly unaware of the imminent danger he was in, "What say you and I go some place … quieter and catch up."

"Or not," Oliver snarled, finally reaching Katie's side. He couldn't believe the bastard was propositioning Katie after what he had done to her.

Etienne looked across at Oliver and his face twisted with drunken rage, "Wood, are you still hanging around? If she hasn't fucked you by now she's not going to."

Oliver snarled and moved forward with his fist clenched. He paused as Marcus's hand descended heavily on his shoulder. Under the mistaken belief that the arrival of Snake Pit's owner meant that he was no longer in physical danger from Wood. Etienne smiled. "Monsieur Flint," he began, "Let my introduce myself. I am Etienne Costes."

Marcus ignored him completely. "Katie?" he questioned.

"I'm okay. I think Etienne was realising that he has other places he should be," she said whimsically. Although being accosted by ex boyfriends was never going to be her idea of a fun night out, on one level Katie was beginning to relish the confrontation. She had come so far from the lost little girl that fancied herself in love; seeing Etienne now just emphasised how real her feelings for Marcus actually were.

Marcus smiled as he realised she wasn't upset. Still an insult had been made here not to mention all those years ago. Katie had shed tears over this bastard and Marcus had a real desire to see blood spilled in punishment. Looking over at Wood he realised that he would be thinking along similar lines. "How do you want this to be played?" he asked conversationally.

Oliver looked at him expressionlessly. "I have the right."

"As do I," Marcus countered. "Plus you got to have the pleasure last time."

A pause, "Fair enough."

That was all the warning Etienne got before Marcus's fist shot out to send the Frenchman sprawling. He spluttered, looking in disbelief at the bloody teeth that appeared in his hand.

Draco and Ginny flanked Marcus in silent support. Their faces were cold as Marcus spat, "Vous n'êtes pas bienvenu ici."

Etienne looked up at them with something like fear as realisation flooded through him. Desperately trying to regain some semblance of dignity he turned and fled through the crowd.

One of the Snake Pit's security personnel approached Draco. "Mr Malfoy?" he questioned.

"Make sure he leaves immediately."

Ginny turned to them, "And make sure he does not gain admittance again."

"Yes Sir, Madam. I'll see to it personally."

Oliver smiled at Marcus for the first time all evening. "That was a nice punch," he commented.

"Thank you," Marcus grinned. "You're going to end up playing France in the semi finals aren't you?"

Oliver nodded in agreement. "That's the most likely outcome the way the pools are set up."

"France has a better seeker than you do."

"Agreed, McColl isn't the best seeker in the tournament. They may end up winning the game but I can guarantee that prick won't be getting a Quaffle past me." Oliver returned Marcus's grin with a wide smile.

Katie looked at them and shook her head. Although bonding over spilt blood and other displays of testosterone was not exactly the common ground she had hoped for, Katie wasn't about to knock it. The blood on the floor didn't belong to either Marcus or Oliver so she could live with the new understanding they seemed to have found. Moving over to them she smiled at the two most important people in her life. "The night is still young. I say we party."

End Chapter 8
Leave a Review