And Baby Makes Three - Bath Time

“Is Mummy’s little piggy ready for his bath?” Ginny cooed to Liam, who’d just woken up from his afternoon nap. “Daddy will be home soon and we can’t have a stinky boy now can we?”

She made a funny face at him as she lifted him from his crib, stopping to rub noses. The baby smiled and squirmed happily at the attention.

“Eww,” Ginny said, wrinkling her nose. “You are a stinky boy. You’re as bad as your Daddy after he’s eaten Chinese! It’s almost enough to make Mummy consider a divorce.”

She held Liam at arm’s length as she made her way over to the changing table, trying not to take a deep breath.

“You know, when I signed on to this Mummy business, no one informed me of this part. You'd have thought that someone would have mentioned the soiled nappies, but no, it’s all cute outfits and baby talk - it’s a good thing I love you.”

She quickly stripped Liam down to his nappy, keeping the breathing down to a bare minimum. She considered a bubblehead charm for a moment, but didn’t want to frighten the baby. With a deep sigh, she divested him of the rank piece of cloth, whispering a quick scourify before tossing it in the dirty clothes bin. Liam grinned and wiggled as she wiped him clean so he wouldn’t pollute his bathwater.

“Oh, you silly boy,” she babbled. “You love being naked don’t you.” She blew a raspberry on his pudgy little tummy causing him to squeal in delight. “You’re just like your father. He loves being naked, too, not that Mummy minds all that much.” Her cheeks turned red as a wicked thought flitted through her mind. “You don’t care, do you?”

Ginny picked up her son, dancing and twirling her way to the bathroom to give him his bath. She felt a little silly, but there was no one there to see her and Liam loved it so she really didn’t care.

“Here we are,” she announced, dipping her fingers in baby tub full of water on the counter to test the temperature. “All nice and warm for the little baby.”

She lowered him into the bath, smiling as he started kicking and splashing the water getting her wet in the process as he fell into a fit of giggles. She continued to baby talk nonsense to him as she leisurely bathed him. Ginny loved moments like this with Liam, it made everything she and Draco had been through worthwhile. She sometimes found it hard to believe she was married with a baby, but she was hard pressed to think she was ever happy before now. The depth of her love for her husband and son knew no bounds.

“I don’t know why I even bother,” she sighed, reaching for the near full bottle of baby shampoo. “You don’t have any hair much to Daddy’s dismay.” She poured a small dab in her hand, warming it before she gently lathered his head. “See, he has this bet with Greg over your hair color – he doesn’t think I know about it, but Mummies tend to know everything.” She carefully rinsed the soap from his head, making sure nothing got into his eyes. “I find it amusing really; do try not to grow hair anytime soon okay? Can you do that for your Mummy?”

She grabbed a thick towel from the rack, charming it warm before she extricated him from the tub, wrapping him up tight. She made her way back into the nursery, stopping by the dresser to pull out a flannel, footed one piece romper in white with little green dragons all over it. Ginny carefully dried him off after laying him on the changing table followed by a gentle baby lotion massage before finally powdering and diapering him.

“Mummy loves you, yes she does, with all her heart,” she sing sang to him as he cooed along. She kissed each of his little feet before slipping them into the footies; moving up to rub her face on his tummy, making him giggle as she pulled the outfit up; finally kissing each hand before pulling them through the sleeves, then deftly snapping the outfit closed. She admired her handy work. “All dressed now, Uncle Charlie will be pleased to know you’re in the jammies he sent.”

Liam immediately started to root against Ginny’s chest as soon as she picked him up to settle down over in the rocking chair to wait for Draco to get home from work. “I knew you couldn’t wait until dinner,” she whispered to him as he greedily began to nurse. She relaxed, closing her eyes and resting her head back against the chair listening to him occasionally grunt and smack. “And everyone wonders why I call you a little piggy.”

She’d just finished burping him when they both heard a familiar voice in the hallway, giving instructions to the butler most likely. The baby started to fidget instantly, turning his head from side to side looking for his Daddy.

“There are my two favorite people,” Draco said entering the nursery, grinning at the sight of his wife and son.

Ginny met him half away across the room; she missed him when he was away at work all day. She stood up on her tip toes to press a soft kiss against his mouth. Liam took the opportunity to grab a handful of his father’s robes, gurgling happily at his accomplishment.

“Hey beautiful, did you miss me?” He bent low to capture Ginny’s lips again in a long, slow kiss that left them both wanting more.

“Terribly,” she answered huskily. “I’m glad you’re home.”

He gave her that half smile she couldn’t resist, but before she could kiss him again Liam let out a sharp wail to remind his parents he was still there.

“Someone else missed you, too,” she giggled, trying to hold on to the squirming baby.

Draco took his son before he could launch himself into the floor. “Were you a good little monster for Mummy today?”

Ginny watched as he lightly nuzzled the baby’s face and neck, making him gurgle and grin. Happiness radiated off her as a warm smile illuminated her features; this was a moment she wanted to remember forever, just for the sheer wonderfulness of it. “He was an angel.”

“Merlin, I love the smell of babies. They smell so good – all fresh and clean – like powder. Everything should smell like baby.”

She just chuckled. “If you say so.”

“Has he had dinner?”

She shook her head. “No, I just nursed him, but he probably wouldn’t say no to some applesauce and rice cereal in a bit.” She kissed Liam’s cheek and tickled his tummy. “We want that belly full; yes we do, so you’ll sleep all night.” She looked up at Draco with a sly smile and twinkling eyes.

A wicked grin lit up his face. “I’ll see about that applesauce and rice cereal right now.” He gave his wife a quick kiss full of promise. “I brought home Chinese for dinner.”

Ginny crinkled her nose as she trailed out the door after him. “Of course you did.”
Leave a Review