A Lesson in Kissing

Harry leaned in close to give his wife a quick kiss. She was standing over the sink peeling potatoes for dinner. He didn’t really want to disturb her.

“You did that all wrong,” Liam informed him.

“Did what wrong?” he asked, eyeing him warily. Really, what advice could a child give him?

“Well,” the little boy sitting at the table said, “my Da always makes Mummy stop what she’s doing so they can kiss.”

Hermione chuckled, but continued to peel potatoes. This was one conversation she didn’t want to be part of.

“And why is that?” Harry asked against his better judgment.

“Because,” Liam explained very carefully, as if he was talking to his baby brother, “Da says that there is nothing more important than them.”

He didn’t know what bothered him more. The fact that a young child was talking to him as if he was daft or that he was actually giving sound advice.

His wife gave him a questioning look as his silence dragged on. He felt a bit uncomfortable snogging his wife in front of their charge.

Liam rolled his eyes. “Kiss her already!”

Harry took Hermione’s hand in his, pulling her to him before capturing her mouth in a gentle kiss. She slipped her arm around his neck so she could toy with the hair at the nape of his neck with her free hand. For a few moments they were the only thing two things that mattered in the world.

When they finally surfaced for air, they had an audience. Noah and Gareth were both standing at the railing of the playpen watching and applauding their performance. Liam was regarding them coolly with a raised eyebrow.

Hermione smiled. “That wasn’t so bad was it?”

“No,” Harry sighed. “I just hate taking advice from a four year old on how to kiss my wife.”

“I think it’s adorable.”

“You would, he’s a bloody menace if you ask me.”

“Be nice or I won’t snog you anymore,” she warned with a decidedly evil grin.

Liam sighed heavily. “Less talking and more snogging is what Da always says.”

It was all Harry could do not to snicker. “Now there is some advice for you, Hermione.”

She turned back to peeling her potatoes with a vengeance. “Keep talking and there’ll be less shagging.”


Author's Notes:

This little drabble is for Lissanne because she's a fantastic friend.

I don't own Harry or Hermione either, at last check, JKR still does.
Leave a Review