Good thing for ya'll, none of this is mine! It belongs to a very talented Britsh Women. Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Seeing Certain Dangers


The door was slightly ajar, so Draco pushed it and it opened the rest of the way. Both he and Ginny took a deep breath before walking into their daughter’s room.

“Ah,” Healer Whimper said, striding over to meet them, “please sit down, this sort of thing is never easy to hear.”

Ginny sat herself on the couch near the foot of her daughter’s bed. She stole a glance at Sarea; she was pale, even for a Malfoy, and her normally alive face held no _expression. One of her hands rested on her stomach, which still housed no breath, and the other was down by her side. Ginny closed her eyes and silently prayed. Draco stepped up behind her and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. Ginny relaxed slightly when she felt the weight of them. Draco leant down and placed a kiss on the top of her head. With that Ginny opened her eyes and ears to Whimper.

“Well,” Whimper began, pacing near Sarea’s bed, “as you both well know Sarea has visions. What you may not know is what kind.”

“Kind?” Ginny wondered, cocking her eyebrow.

“Yes,” the elder man continued, “the visions Sarea has pass before her and for a few seconds she’s away from the world. Once the vision passes it’s as if nothing ever happened to her. This is known as a passive vision. The ones she normally has are passive; she has them and then she is able to get on with her life. Unfortunately Sarea has begun having aggressive visions. It doesn’t happen to all Seer’s, but once it does it won’t stop, and one can never tell what kind of vision they will have. Aggressive visions will do harm to whomever has them. So Sarea may be in danger.”

Ginny turned her face into Draco’s chest; Draco hugged her to him to comfort himself as much as her.

“Can we do anything? Is this fatal?” Draco wondered.

“It can be deadly if the warnings I give you are not heeded. There is a potion you can give her once she faints. Every aggressive vision will cause her to loose consciousness; they put a great deal of strain on a body. Once she faints give her the potion and then use a levitation spell to get her to a bed or a couch. She must rest for at least a day after she has one of these visions; bed rest is the best option. Now I need both of you to listen and listen well, this next part is the most important.”

He paused and Ginny turned back around; she faced him to hear the advice the elder man had to give. Whimper stopped his movements and looked at the Malfoy’s. It was crucial that they understood.

“No one must wake her!” he said each word firmly and clearly, “Once the potion touches her lips she must wake up from the vision on her own. If she is woken from the vision before the potion wakes her it will most likely mean death. If the potion is not given time to work it will turn into poison inside her and almost certainly kill her. The time it takes for the potion to work its way with her will vary. Sometimes the reaction will be almost instantaneous; sometimes, it could take hours. If she has a vision and after more than eight hours of the potion in her system she’s not woken up, call me immediately. It is never supposed to take over eight hours.”

“What can we do to keep her from waking up before she needs to?” Ginny wondered, a quiver in her voice.

“Do whatever you must: silencing charms, stillness charms. If you feel like if has to be done, then you should do it to keep her safe. I dare say that she will need to be at peace until she wakes up.”

“Why would you say that?” Draco wondered.

“Well the best example of a Seer with aggressive visions I can give you is Sybil Trelawney. Hers are not as serious as Sarea’s seem to be but you must take care of Sarea whenever she is experiencing one. Professor Trelawney would go through an aggressive vision, and then she would just continue on with her job. The less time a body takes to recover from a vision such as that, the more strain it will cause. Also, aggressive visions only begin when a Seer is entering a part of their life that scares them. Trelawney had her first during You -Know -Who’s first go round and as best as I can tell that may be a reason Sarea is having her first now.”

“You really think so?” Ginny wondered, becoming increasingly concerned.

“Well Mr. Malfoy, and a great number of your family are going to be in the fighting when it begins again. That is enough to trigger it, especially for Sarea. I have been her healer for a great amount of her life; I know her quite well. She values her family, and every time they are sent off to fight, I know she gets scared.”

Draco and Ginny looked at the aging Wizard and smiled slightly. It was not untrue that over the years Whimper and their daughter had gotten close. Corey and Adam had also become close to him. He was often invited to parties the Draco and Ginny threw because he helped keep the three most important parts of their lives safe.

“Now Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, when your daughter does wake up you must get her to tell you about the visions. It will help her more to get out what she’s just seen. You both can be here to calm her. If she does not want to tell you a vision, I would not press her, but it is best to talk about them. It takes the edge off the weight and memory of the visions. In my pocket I have five vials of the potion to give to her, I also have the recipe for it. If there are any problems I encourage you to Floo me at any time. I also suggest lightening the mood by bringing Sarea a friend or a family member with whom she feels at ease. Bring her someone who she will feel better around and who can get her to relax. I also know that sometimes she likes to hide how much she may hurt from you two.”

“Why?” Ginny asked.

“She never wants you two to worry. Now if I may go to my coat and get what you need, then I may be off.”

A minute or two later Mr. Whimper had gone. After many thank-yous from Draco and Ginny and some advice on brewing the potion for Sarea he had Apparated out.

It was then that Ginny broke down. She turned around and all but threw herself into Draco’s arms.

“Gin what’s this?” Draco wondered, wrapping his arms around his beloved.

“Draco I can’t bear it!” she cried into his chest, “What if something happens to her?”

“Nothing is going to happen. I promise you. I will do everything to protect her, Adam, Corey, and you, especially you. Ginny you can’t always be strong, nor can I, but I will die before I see anything happen to you or our family. Sarea will be fine; she does not know the meaning of the word quit. She can’t and won’t give up.”

Ginny looked up and gave him a watery smile, “She’s probably about as stubborn as you are!”

He laughed and then bent his head. Slowly he began to kiss her tears away, hoping that with each touch he could heal some of her. Finally when the tears were gone, Draco locked his lips onto Ginny’s for a brief kiss. When they finally broke apart, they knew they had to give the rest of their family the news.

“You go down and tell the family what’s happened. I need to go Floo someone.” Draco said, kissing Ginny on the forehead.

She nodded and walked towards the stairs. Soon after she disappeared from sight Draco slipped down the stairs and into his office. He looked around and heaved a heavy sigh. He made his way over to the bookshelf and took a great black bound book from among the other books. He sat down in his leather chair and opened the book now settled in his lap. The first thing that greeted him when he opened the book was a picture of him and Ginny of their wedding day. He looked at it for a while but turned the pages, moving through years of his life in only seconds. He flashed by the birth of his daughter, her growing, then the birth of the twins, and his family growing more and more over the years. Finally he reached the newest pages, the pictures he wanted to see most.

The first picture he looked at was of his daughter at her seventeenth birthday party. It had been the day she was considered an adult in the Wizarding world, so she had a huge party. She had looked more beautiful that day then she ever had, and she was always beautiful. She was standing in a yellow ball gown with pale pink flowers clasped in her hands and adorning her hair. Her smile shone even in the picture, as she beamed and blew kisses at her father.

He turned the page and was greeted with the rest of the pictures from her party. Draco and Ginny had decided to pull out all the stops for their little princess’s seventeenth birthday. A grand gala was planned and almost half of Hogwarts, including staff was invited. Snape, Dumbledore, Hagrid and even Professor Mcgonnegal were still holding on well after almost twenty years of employment at Hogwarts. The family was all there too: every Weasley, Malfoy, and Potter was there to celebrate with Sarea. She spun around the dance floor so many times it started to make Draco dizzy. She had danced with Draco at least twice, her grandfather, all of her uncles, and a fair few of her cousins. She was looking very tired when her two twin brothers came up to her, each offering a hand. She couldn’t refuse the two of them, so off she was whisked for one more dance. Corey and Adam took turns leading her in a dance. It was rather funny to watch and everyone, including Sarea, was laughing. She stopped the dance, thanked her brothers, and went to cool herself down with some punch. That’s when someone came along that she never had the strength to refuse.

While she was talking and laughing with some of her friends over cool punch a tall boy with dark brown hair made his way over to her. She turned and met his eyes for a moment. All he had to do was hold out his hand and hers was in it. Deafly he led her to the floor that cleared as soon as the two of them were upon it. The music began and the two fell into dance. Draco smiled and looked over at Ginny; she too was smiling. There were a few more whispers going around then they thought should be and finally Narcissa leant over to Draco and asked, “Who is that boy?”

“That is Sarea’s boyfriend mother,” Draco answered, his smile not fading from his face, “Christian.”

Draco was brought back to himself with that thought. He had reached the last picture in the book. The picture was of his only daughter and her boyfriend. She was wrapped in his arms and looked as if she would rather be there then anywhere else in the world. Everyone in the family knew Christian and Sarea were in love, even at seventeen. As much as he didn’t want to admit to losing his daughter to another man, he knew Christian was good for his daughter. That’s what she needed to help her, Christian; he was the one person she felt most at ease around.

Draco walked to the fireplace, picked up some Floo powder and threw it in yelling.

“Christian Finnegan.”

A few seconds later a head appeared in the fire; it looked up and was a bit surprised to see Draco

“Oh hello Draco,” Seamus Finnegan said smiling up at him, “Didn’t expect you to be calling.”

“I’m sorry Seamus,” Draco said, not able to hide the worry in his voice, “but I need to speak to Christian. Something’s happened to Sarea.”

Seamus’s happy face dropped greatly upon hearing this news, “Don’t worry, I’ll send him straight along to your house. He’ll not be able to stand this; I’m not sure how I’ll tell him.”

“Well,” Draco hesitated somewhat, “If your not sure what to say, Ginny and I can explain everything. At this point we only know half of what’s happening to her. She fell unconscious about an hour ago and has yet to wake up.”

Seamus frowned and his brow furrowed, “He’ll be over as quick as he can Draco.”

Seamus’s head disappeared from the fire rather quickly. Draco could not contain a sigh of relief at the thought of Christian being with his daughter to comfort her. Most fathers became hostile when their daughters begin to date. Draco was no exception to that. When Sarea and Christian had first started dating Draco was livid and he refused to trust Christian but after a certain incident the young boy won Draco over.

About five minutes later, the flames he was watching turned emerald and a young man stepped though them. He bowed his brown haired head and brushed some of the soot off of his clothes. He looked up, Blue eyes met gray, and for a moment neither of them said a word. Then Christian held out his hand.

“Mr. Malfoy,” he said, his voice shaky and tight.

“Christian,” Draco smiled slightly, “I’m glad you’re here.”

Draco grasped his hand briefly and at once launched into what had happened to Sarea. Christian sat in stunned horror. He knew Sarea was a seer but like Draco and Ginny had never heard of aggressive visions. He was now even more nervous then before. The only girl he had ever loved was in danger.

“Come,” said Draco when he was done explaining, “Let’s go down and see the family. They’ll be happy to see you and then we can work on waking Sarea up."

Christian got up and followed Draco out of his study. They walked into the kitchen to see their entire family huddled around the table, heads bowed, and completely silent. As Draco entered with the young man all heads went up and they saw there was not a single dry eye out of all of them.

"Hello everyone," Christian said gently.

Ginny saw Christian and immediately got to her feet.

"Christian," she breathed and then gave him a small hug. "Why are you here?"

"Mr. Malfoy called my father and he woke me up saying that Sarea needed me. Of course I came if she needed me."

Ginny let out a sigh and almost started crying again. She looked at Draco, then back at Christian, and then her family, "Christian why don’t you go up and see Sarea, Draco and I will be up soon."

He nodded and walked away.

"We need to give Sarea her potion and as soon as she's awake and calm you all can see her, but that could be awhile. If you'd like to go home, we can Floo you when she can see people." Ginny said.

"Like Hell we're leaving!" Ron said.

Everyone nodded in agreement with him.

"If it's alright, we'd like to Floo the twins, Charlie, Bill and Percy to see if they can come."

"Of course," Draco assured them, "they should know as well. We'll be back soon."

He and Ginny walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs but before they could go to Sarea's room Ginny pulled Draco into their own room.

"What is it love?" he asked.

"You Flooed Christian," she stated.

"Yes, I thought it would help Sarea. The only person who knows her better then you or I is Christian. She loves him with all her heart and I could not think of anything better for her then love right now."

"Draco," Ginny whispered, "That is so unbelievably sweet!"

She cupped his face in her hands and lowered his mouth onto hers. After a few moments he pulled away, "I thought it would be good for our girl, and well…" he hesitated then.

"What?' Ginny pressed him.

"Nothing," he said hastily.

"Draco, I don't like the look in your eyes!" Ginny continued, "We always promised each other we would never hold anything back."

"Gin I don't want to upset you," he said wrapping her up in his embrace.

"Please," she whispered, knowing that was Draco's undoing.

He gently put her away from him and touched her cheek. He was hesitating for many reasons but he knew he should tell her.

"If what Mr. Whimper said is any clue then I could be leaving soon," he whispered, "I thought if Voldemort is coming then Christian could be here to protect Sarea, Adam, Corey, and maybe even you."

"Draco…" Ginny began but Draco silenced her with his lips.

He didn't want to think about leaving either but it was going to happen sooner or later and he would rather tell her now. Then she would at least be warned. All he wanted to think about at this second was her: her lips on his, her arms wrapped around his neck, her tongue sliding over the seam of his mouth. She was his world and he'd be damned if anything was going to happen to her while he could prevent it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to my lovly Beta's! They rock, all three of them! Thanks in advance for reading and reviewing!
Leave a Review