Chapter Two


“Ewww! Gross! Draco what’s that nasty Gryffindor doing to you?” Crabbe said from the doorway that led to the hall.


“Oh, I bet it’s that liplocking curse that Lockhart told us about! Run, man, run!” Goyle added looking truly startled.


Ginny sighed, threw a hand over her eyes and rolled off of Draco. Great. That’s just what she needed to make a humiliating experience even worse. Drab and Boil catching her about to snog with their oh-so-mighty leader. She had to think of someway to get out of this mess.


Draco got up, dusted off his robe and started walking toward his lackeys. He turned then towards Ginny and said, “I told you that I didn’t eat your Every Flavor Bean. The next time you make a mistake like that I will turn you into a blast-ended skrewt. "


Ginny’s mouth dropped open and her hand flew away from her face. She stared at Draco like he had just sprouted three heads. He just grinned and then turned from her, replacing the grin with his Malfoy sneer. She still had that dazed look on her face when he left the room. As soon as the door was closed she sat up and growled! That, that...ugh! She slammed her fists into the carpeted floor and then got up. She checked the hall before she left the room, then quickly made her way back to the Gryffindor Tower.


That evening, Ginny was having a very hard time eating. She kept trying to appear not to be looking at Malfoy while she was looking at Malfoy. She wanted just once to catch him looking at her. He was sitting way too close to Blaise though and she was keeping him occupied. Ginny stabbed at something on her plate and jumped when someone beside her howled in pain. She looked up to find Ron sucking on his thumb.


“A bit old for that, aren’t we, ikkle Ronnikins?” Ginny asked.


“Ya din’t have to stab me just cuz I was going to eat your lambchop! You haven’t even taken a bite of anything the whole meal. That wasn’t very bloody nice!” Ron said accusingly, still coddling his wounded hand.


Ginny gave him her lambchop for an apology then excused herself from dinner. She couldn’t eat with the disgusting floorshow going on across the room anyway. Ginny sighed a deep, unsatisfying sigh as she gave one last look toward the Slytherin table. Then she left the dining room and decided to take a walk in the gardens. The gardens were beautiful at Hogwarts. Unlike her mum’s garden back home, she had never seen a nasty gnome running around in it. Well until this moment when an unmistakable form entered the garden.


“What do you want?” Ginny asked.


Draco smiled. “What makes you think I want anything? I’m just enjoying a leisurely stroll through the garden before I retire for the night.”


“Humph,” Ginny scoffed, “I thought that taking candy from babies or pulling the legs off of lacewing flies would be more your idea of a relaxing pastime.”


“Well, while I do enjoy those two activities, tonight I was hoping for some real excitement.” He had gotten very close to her very quickly and the last few words were whispered so close to her ear that she got goosebumps.


“Uh...oh really? Like...uh...what?” Good God, she could kick herself. She might as well just go ahead and strip and throw herself down on the moss-covered ground to be ravished. What was wrong with her?


“I mean, do whatever nasty thing you have to do. I was just leaving anyway.” Ginny turned to go when Draco did exactly what she was telling herself she didn’t want him to do. He grabbed her arm and pleaded, yes to her ears it sounded like pleading, for her not to go. She turned back to look at him and it did her in. The moon was shining on his light blond hair. His eyes seemed to have gray lightning in them; they flashed and shone so brightly. His lips were parted and oh, damn, she was moving into his arms. He tipped her chin up and lightly brushed his lips against hers. She went up on tiptoes to deepen it like she knew what she was doing or something. If Draco was surprised by her bold move, he didn’t show it. He just wrapped his arms tighter around her and flicked his tongue over her lips.

Ginny felt like she was in a dream. She couldn’t really be standing in a garden, hanging on to Draco Malfoy like the world was coming to an end and he was her only hope for survival. She opened her mouth a little, maybe to say something -maybe not but she was hoping to convince herself of that anyway, and she let him deepen the kiss further.


When his hand strayed from her back to her backside she suddenly realized just what she was doing and with whom. She put her hands on his shoulders and softly but firmly pushed away from him. Now he did look surprised. His eyelids were heavy to match his breathing. She couldn’t make herself look at his face. She mumbled something and then took off like a bat out of hell, dropping something as she went but not daring to stop for it. Draco stood in the moonlight stunned by what had just happened. He had really only came out to tease her about this afternoon and the next he knew...hell, he didn’t know. That was the problem. He walked over to retrieve what she had dropped. It was her Gryffindor scarf. He held it up to his face and breathed in her scent. Roses, fresh air and vanilla. His Ginny rolled up into a mixture of sweet smells. ‘His Ginny?” He shook his head to clear out the cobwebs. Maybe he needed to see Snape about this. Somebody must have poisoned him.


Ginny was thinking along the same lines herself. When she left the garden, she rushed up to Gryffindor tower. Thoughts and images were swirling around in her head and she couldn’t remember the password to get by the Fat Lady's portrait. The Lady finally took pity on her and with a ‘tsk tsk, young love’ she swung open so Ginny could go in. She really didn’t want to have to explain her loss of appetite to Ron so was relieved when she found the common room empty. She went up to the girls' dormitory and flopped down on her bed. She was horribly confused by her emotions and it didn’t help that her stomach was still dancing around with butterflies. How could she let Malfoy kiss her? And, not just let him, but kiss him back like that? She must be mental, they were going to lock her away and throw away the key. She finally settled down and hugging her pillow fell into a fitful sleep, dreaming often of gray eyes and silvery blond hair.

Leave a Review