Disclaimer: I do not own, and never will own, anything of J.K. Rowling including her furniture, her characters, and etc.

Touch of your Fangs by ako Kanmu

Before the Story


"The only people you can really trust are the people you love."

My mother had once whispered these words to me as she kissed my sorrows away. Her face, unlike mine, was still as radiant as it had been when I was born. I was a blessing to her and my father when I came into their lives. I was their world, and they were mine.

I was six and times quickly changed. My mother and I had soon become a jinx to my father. He felt as if we were dirt and didn't deserve as grand a home as Malfoy Manor. For this reason, I was confused at my mother's warm-hearted advice. We had both been severely beaten by my cold-hearted father prior to this. He used to be just as loving as my mother but had drastically altered after reuniting with his long time friend. It burns to mention his friend's name as it brings back agonizing memories so I will leave it unheard. Scars still curse my body from those many nights that my father had expressed his bitter hatred for us.

I remember replying to my mother perplexed manner, "We trusted daddy not to hurt us again but he continues to. I love him too, but I don't trust him anymore. Why do you continue trusting him, Mommy?"

The words that came out of my mother's lips made me recognize her as my idol forever.

She played with my hair and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Because I love your father so much, I will continue to trust him. That is real love. Trust is love's structure. Without trust, love will fall apart. Remember that, Draco, when you grow up and fall in love."

She smiled down at me as I nodded.

"I'll try to trust daddy again, mommy."

"That's wonderful, sweetheart."

She kissed my forehead and held be tightly in her warm embrace.


My mother continued to smile even after these violent acts of hate. She was a brilliant woman. Nobody could ever replace her in my life.

I know that in her heart, she was waiting for my father to return to his old ways and kiss her generously as he did before his sudden change. In my opinion, she loved him too much. To love a monster is to ask for death.

Life continued on and I grew weary of these daily beatings. When I learnt about Hogwarts from my mother, I found myself looking forward to being away from my father.

The days upon my arrival to Hogwarts tardily decreased and I began to fear for my mother's safety and life.

"I am not going to Hogwarts, I'm staying here to protect you," I had said to my mother in a serious tone, trying to convince what a fine idea it was.

She shook her head, "Dear, you must go to Hogwarts so you can become a healer or even an auror. Staying home with me won't do you any good. I'll be fine here."

"NO! I've had enough of this crap!" I recall throwing a fairly expensive antique vase onto the floor; it had shattered into a million pieces.

"He'll hurt you! I've tried to trust him after all these years but its bloody useless! Mother, maybe you can forgive him after he has beaten you millions of times,
but I can't!"

I ran my hand through my hair, something that I had a habit of doing.

"One day he's just going to kill both of us and replace us with people like himself! He is going to continue his abusive ways! If I stay here, I can plan a way to find revenge and then we'll NEVER have to be beaten ever again!"

I was annoyed that she did not agree. I wanted her safety more than my own.

She was silent for a moment and her eyes were in deep emotion and thought.

"If you don't trust him, please, trust me?"

Her eyes were watering. Never in my whole ten years had I seen her cry. She had always been cheerful no matter how hurt she really was. My heart only shattered at this as I felt hot tears drip down my face. I tried not to give into my Mother's good intentions; I could not let her cry any longer.

"He won't kill me. I am going to stay alive and welcome you into my arms the second you come home from Hogwarts next summer. I promise, Draco, I would never lie to you."

After moments of tears and hours of begging, I finally gave in. Days afterwards, I arrived at Hogwarts.


Mother had never lied to me and I believed she would keep her promise. However, the next summer when I came back to Malfoy Manor, I made an astonishing discovery.

She had lied.

Throughout that year at Hogwarts, I had written daily letters to my mother about what happened at school. She loved receiving letters from me. In these letters, she always reassured me that everything at the Manor was well. These letters were all that I had to look forward to after each dreadful day. Nevertheless, I continued to worry for her. When the end of the school year was approaching, I knew she was alive and well as she composed a lengthy parchment to me every single day.

It was the day before school ended, when I received a letter from her. It was the last one that I'd ever acquire from her. The moment I saw it, I knew that she was out of danger because she was not in the same universe any longer. The letter had been splattered in blood, making the paper a dark maroon color. It was all but a few words. No matter, it was lengthy enough for me to realize her fate.

Dearest Draco,

I am sorry that I couldn't keep my promise.

Love, Narcissa Black
P.S. Vampire.

It was clear that my mother had lost all the love and trust she once had in father. She recognized herself as Narcissa Black, the girl she was before she married into the Malfoy family. Not recognizing herself as a Malfoy displayed her anger towards the name. I do not know why she wrote the word vampire. Perhaps it had something to do with her untimely death.

My father covered up my mother's death from the public. That summer, he blamed me for my mother's untimely death even if he had caused it. Pathetic is the only one of the words that I use to describe him.

To this day, I do not know how my mother died. I only wish that I would know. The only clue that I have is the word Vampire that she had scribbled on the letter. Perhaps a vampire assisted in my mother's death.

All I want in this moment is to get revenge. He made her lie and he will have to pay for it. That's a promise to you, mother, and one that will not be broken.
Leave a Review