Disclaimer: I do not own, and never will own, anything of J.K. Rowling including her furniture, her characters, and etc.

Touch of your Fangs by ako Kanmu

Chapter 2



Dinner in the Great Hall was noisy as usual. Typically, Ginny would have been part of the reckless racket, although today she wanted to hurt every single person or object that made a sound.

Her anger was focussed mainly on the one and only Draco Malfoy. He had arrived at Hogwarts in his first year as a simple pretty boy but now he was tall, dashing, and prince-like. He not only had a champion physique, but he was also successful in the academic area. He was smart, and good looking, though unfortunately a shame he was a complete git to all existing Weasleys.

It was peculiar that this was solely the reason that she became attracted to him. His accusations were correct. She did fancy him; heck, she stared at him at every given chance. He was a book, ready to open up and read. Thus she hated herself for not being more subtle about it.

She observed his behaviour thoroughly. When he was angry, he pulled on his right ear until he had to go to the hospital wing for a Pain-Relieving Potion. He would also exasperatingly complain about the food served at the Great Hall and how the house elves never seem to serve his favourite dishes. She found him always running his hand through his hair, which was something that she longed to do for him. Ginny also took note of how Draco seemed to have some kind of love for spicy foods. Every time spicy chicken, spicy beef, or even spicy oyster was served, Draco seemed to sport a grin when he though no one was looking. Of course, someone was always looking and that someone was Ginny Weasley.

Taking pleasure in watching him show off his slick "I'm the ruler of the world" attitude made her want to snog him senseless. Ginny didn't know why she was attracted to his rude behaviour.

Perhaps she was just sick of good little boys like Harry Potter.

Today he had suddenly revealed something. No matter how much she could deny the fact, he was unable to be fooled. He knew it. He knew that Ginny fancied him.

Which is why she was so distraught and chafed at the moment.

She found everyone around her annoying, but she found her brother especially exasperating. He was sitting in front of her, chewing on his food with his mouth opened. Every so often he would try to talk, but only slurs of nonsense came out of his mouth. Ginny found mouthfuls of spit already splattered on her face. She tried to make him realise his annoying habit by glaring coldly at him. Yet, he did not realise that it was mainly him that was annoying her.

"What's wrong Gin? Are you hungry?" Ron spat a few gallons of food and saliva onto her face, causing her to scowl even more at him.

He plopped several mounds of mashed potatoes onto her plate. She hated mashed potatoes.

"I'm not hungry, Ron." Every word that left her mouth was filled with spite but Ron was unaware.

"Even if you aren't hungry, you should eat. Look at yourself! You're skinnier than a broom!" Ron poured some gruel and oatmeal onto her plate, which was already full of mash potatoes. The three foods mixed together, creating a large pile of vulgarity.

The sight of the food caused her to lose her appetite altogether. She wanted to puke.

"I won't be able to finish all of this!" Ginny stated firmly, hoping he would understand that he had given her too much food to eat.

Ron gave her a suspicious look, "You eat ten times this much at home!"

Ginny crossed her arms around her chest before huffing out a big breath of air, "Well, Ron, we aren't at home, are we?"

Ron stood up and glowered at her.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley! Eat your dinner now!"

She groaned in annoyance and shot daggers at her brother.
"Bloody hell Ron, I don't want to eat!" she spoke this through her clenched teeth. "By the way, would you bloody sit down! Merlin, you are such a drama queen."

Ginny's cheeks were tinted with pink, while Ron's were tomato red. He was ready to explode. Ron clenched his teeth together and let out his roar.

"Have you become anorexic? You never eat anymore! I give you a little bit of food to eat and you get a temper tantrum!"

"Oh Puh-lease," she said spitefully, making sure to exaggerate, "anyone who has ever looked at me remotely for five seconds can tell you my thighs are bigger than England and my arse jiggles for an hour after eating dinner."

"Your arse doesn't jiggle for an hour after dinner!" Ron stated disgustedly.

"Yes it does," she reasoned irritably, "you can any bloke who likes to stare at the bottoms of girls, and anyone of them will tell you that my arse does!"

Ron had to stop and think about it for a second. Oh good gracious, his sister was so weird. He simply couldn't believe that she thought that her arse jiggled.

"Seamus! What do you think of my sister's arse after dinner?" Ron asked Seamus at the other end of the Gryffindor table as calmly as possible, which wasn't very calm at all.

"Well, now that you mention it, Ginny has a very nic-" Dean elbowed Seamus in the stomach before he could finish.

Upon realising that he was about to make a very bad mistake, Seamus gave Dean a thankful look before replying again, "I mean, Ginny's butt is very flat and she should eat more."

The look on Ron's face was priceless as he strode over to Seamus and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"You look at Ginny's arse?" he questioned angrily.

Seamus winced as he heard his shirt tear, "Yes, I mean no, I don't."

"Then how come you knew her arse was flat?"

Before Seamus could think of a reply and Ron could knock Seamus unconscious, Ginny shouted ill-temperedly at Ron.

"Ron, for goodness sakes! Stop being such a prat, sit down, and shut up so everyone can eat their dinner in peace!"

The people watching were surprised when they actually saw steam coming out of Ron's ears.

"You're telling me to shut up?" Ron looked purely shocked, "I'm only looking out for you! Do you want blokes to be starring at your arse without you knowing!"

Ginny rolled her eyes and stated quite sternly, "No, of course not…"

Ron, however, didn't seem to hear this at all as he paled at a sudden epiphany.

"Oh no, you must like it when they stare at your arse. Merlin, you're turning into a scarlet woman. I must owl Mum and tell her."

Ron began to run out of the hall in haste, but Ginny quickly grabbed his arm.

"What!" she exclaimed in a offended tone, "you are not going to owl Mum. Every time you owl Mum about me, I always end up looking like trash."

"Let go of my arm." His voice was calm in a creepy sort of way.

Ginny shook her head and only held on tighter.

"I said, let go of my arm."

As Ron tried to pull his arm away, he realised that Ginny was far stronger than she looked. How she got this strong, he didn't know. However, he had a slight suspicion that the disappearance of the muggle weights that Hermione had given him a few years ago had something to do with it.

"No, Mum is going to end up sending me a Howler after this. I know it. I hate it when she sends Howlers to me. They are always so much harsher than yours because I'm her baby girl!"

Ginny looked as furious as ever. Ron nearly wanted to give up when he saw the angry spark in her eye, but he was too overprotective. He didn't want to let her continue leading her life down the wrong path as a scarlet woman.

"If you aren't going to let go of my arm, I'm going to have to yank my arm away. Then that will send you flying!"

Ron really didn't know how he was supposed to wrench his arm away from her. He did know that he wouldn't escape Ginny uninjured and would probably have to visit the Hospital Wing after sending his Mum a letter.

Ginny's grasp on his arm was still as tight as ever.

Ron waited a few good moments to see if she was ever going to give up. Upon noting the fact that she was never ever going to, Ron used all of his strength to pull his arm away from Ginny. Then using his other hand, he pushed her away to prevent her from grasping onto his arm again.

Ginny landed on her bum on the hard floor. Ron quickly ran out of the Great Hall as Ginny recovered from her fall.

After muttering a few curses as she rubbed her injured bum, she discovered that Ron had disappeared. Ginny dashed out of the Great Hall after her brother. The wind created from her movements caused her hair to flow swiftly behind her.

The other students, especially the Slytherins, began whispering and gossiping amongst each other when she disappeared from sight.

Draco, on the other hand, didn't pay much attention as his fellow Slytherins crudely gossiped about Ginny and Ron's fight. He heard little bits of some juicy lies about a relationship between the two siblings involving incest. He laughed along with them even though he felt incredibly sickened by their remarks. Dirty jokes were still jokes. However, when they got too dirty, they weren't funny anymore.

As soon as he was finished eating dinner, he left the Great Hall without muttering any farewells.

Draco Malfoy walked through the twists and turns of the dungeons making his way back to his private room. It was half as large as the common room. The lights were dimmed; there was barely enough light for Draco to see.

He ducked under his bed and pulled out a trunk. It, like any other object in his room, was free of dust as if it were constantly opened and used.

Draco fumbled under his shirt, trying to grasp the chain around his neck. When he had the chain clenched in his hand, he took it off of his neck. The chain only carried a single ring, which Draco pulled off of the chain after unhooking it. Draco placed the ring in a space in the trunk that seemed to be made just to fit the ring. The ring emitted an eerie red light before a soft click was heard from the trunk. Draco opened the trunk and placed the ring back onto the chain before returning it around his neck.

The contents of the truck did not seem suspicious as it only contained a large stack of parchment. Draco knew, however, that underneath all this parchment was her last words, her last letter, and inevitably all that he had left of her. Letting out a mixed sigh of frustration and anguish, he picked up the parchment and neatly stacked it beside him.

Draco Malfoy held the bloodied letter in his fingertips. He ran his hand through his hair similarly to when he fought with his mother before coming to Hogwarts. He blinked away a few tears before they could fall as he examined her last words.

Draco had hid the letter well, not letting anyone find it. How was he to explain why he had a bloodied letter from whom the entire Wizardry World thought was still alive? No one knew about her death except for his father, the woman who pretended to be his mother using a Polyjuice Potion, and himself.

He felt a nostalgic heart wrenching presence in his heart, as he reminisced of one of his last days with his mother. It was the summer before he began to attend Hogwarts.

Narcissa was watching the house elves water the display of flowers in the Malfoy Manor Gardens. As she observed the captivating terrace through the window, Draco joined her for tea.

"Draco, a tad after noon, my dearest friend from school is coming to the manor. I want you to meet her and her daughter." Narcissa smiled as she told her son.

The ten year old Draco frowned as he spoke quietly, "It's not another one of those women with daughters who would follow me around all day, is it?"

Narcissa laughed at her son's comment. Lucius used to set up play dates for Draco and the Parkinsons' daughter. However, after Draco had coldly caused the young girl to run out of the manor with tears streaming down her face, the Parkinsons had refused to arrange any more play dates. They didn't know that Draco had been beaten horrendously afterwards while his mother was resting in her room.

"Honey, you know I would never do that to you," she said with a grin, "I met this friend of mine from Hogwarts. She's a few years older than I am. Nevertheless, she was always there when I needed her."

"How come I've never heard you speak of her before?"

"It has been a very long time since I have been able to talk to her. I thought I'd never be able to have another conversation with her again. You see, Draco, her husband and your father do not get along very well. Thus, we grew apart." Narcissa lifted up her teacup to take a sip of tea before continuing, "Recently, I ran into her in Diagon Alley and we decided to have tea. She's been very busy after all these years. After all she does have plenty of childr-"

An owl landed right in front of Narcissa, interrupting her, onto the table causing the teapot to roll onto the floor and smash into many pieces. Draco motioned from a house elf to come to clean the mess up as his mother pulled the parchment from the owl's grasp, unrolled it and read the letter carefully. Her smile faltered as she placed the letter in the pocket of her robes.

"She couldn't make it today, but I'm sure we'll be able to have another meeting some other time."

Draco glanced at his mother. She still had a smile on her face, but it was nowhere as glamorous as it was a few moments prior to receiving the letter. Draco felt furious, knowing in his heart that his mother was in denial and that she was unhappy.

"You two are never going to see each other again, are you?" Draco stated angrily, "It is because of father isn't it? Why, he must've done something otherwise your friend would be here right now, sipping tea with you! Why does Father not get along with your friend's husband? Is it because they do not belong to a family of purebloods? Or perhaps, is it because they don't support the Dark Lord!"

Narcissa smiled at her young son as she ruffled his hair.

"You're growing up, Draco, and you're beginning to think for yourself. There's no need for me to justify whether or not your father really did ruin my lovely afternoon because you already have your own beliefs. I ask you, would you believe me even if I told you he didn't? Of all the people on this Earth, I know you the best and I know that you would continue to believe what you want to believe." Narcissa was silent for a moment before she began to speak again, "You got that from your father."

"I got nothing from Father, I'm nothing like him!" Draco snapped at his mother.

"Oh really?" Narcissa said mockingly to Draco, "If you're nothing like your father, tell me where you get this beautiful silvery blond hair from or your blue-gray eyes. I'm sure they didn't just magically appear on you one day. You certainly didn't get them from me."

Draco tried to glare at his mother, but failed as she smiled brilliantly at him.

"Hmph, I would have rather obtained your dirty blond hair and your blue eyes than what I got from him!"

Narcissa laughed at her son as he crossed his arms around his chest.
"One day, Draco, you'll be thanking your father for giving you the handsome Malfoy attributes. Girls will be jumping all over you."

Draco frowned at his mother, failing to see the humor in the situation.

"I don't see what's so pleasant about having pig-faced girls trying to grope me as I walk down the corridors."

Narcissa only laughed more as she ruffled his hair and preoccupied herself with her son, knowing that in a matter of weeks, he would be away from her.


Her laughter still rang in his ears after all these years. His hands gripped tighter on the letter before gently placing it back into the trunk and locking it away to be taken out another night. Seven years had passed since he had seen her smiling down on him. Time was supposed to make the pain subside, but Draco's pain only grew as days past by.

Merlin, he missed her so much.
Leave a Review