Disclaimer: I do not own, and never will own, anything of J.K. Rowling including her furniture, her characters, and etc.

Touch of your Fangs by ako Kanmu
Chapter 3


Two days have passed since the argument in the Great Hall and the students were still wildly gossiping about it. Usually, people questioned whether or not Ginny was a scarlet woman. Another hot topic was if Ginny's arse really jiggled for an hour after dinner. Draco had had a few good laughs from these rumours, but like all rumours, they eventually got annoying.

Although he was going through a serious case of nostalgia, he wore a facade and hid his emotions by laughing along. Draco was still thinking constantly of his mother.

He remembered how his mother had taught him morals about treating others with dignity and respect. Even though this was kept bottled up, he felt an obligation to be rude to the Gryffindors. They said that Slytherins were cocky, smug, and evil but did they ever look at themselves? Did they know they were just as bad as Slytherins were? Perhaps it is the House Rivalry that made him hate Gryffindors so deeply. He was particularly offensive to the Weasel, Mudblood, and Potter simply because they deserved to be insulted. He knew that even if they had been sorted into Slytherin rather than Gryffindor, he would still have a strong hatred for them.

When the Golden Trio had violated each and every one of the school rules near the end of his first year, they were not only left unpunished, but they were awarded for their achievements. It was totally unjust of how he would be punished for his minor violations, while they could get away with breaking the laws of Hogwarts. To put it briefly, Draco hated them because they were Dumbledore's Pets.

Was Draco Malfoy jealous of three bothersome people? No, he was far from being jealous. If he wanted to be able to break any rule that he sought and be rewarded, he would have become a murderous Death Eater long ago. Of course, this wasn't the case, and he would never become a Death Eater.

People invisioned him as an exact replica of his father, because he made the lives of the Gryffindors a living hell.

In his first year, he only teased and taunted to relieve his stress and worry for his mother. To see others hurt, made him feel as if he was not the only one in the world who was utterly depressed. After his mother's death, he continued this act of mentally scarring his peers to keep himself from being lonely. Although he yearned to revenge his mother, he delayed it.
Having his revenge would only be admitting that his mother was indeed gone. If he acknowledged his mother's death, it would actually be confessing that he really was alone in the world. As each year went by, this tactic of avoiding revenge and teasing his peers slowly deteriorated. This was his seventh year and the teasing and the delaying did not work.

This was the year that he would get his revenge but he knew that he could not do this by himself. Why? Simply because two heads are better than one. No matter how intelligent he is, Draco could not be able to solve each and every situation by himself.

This brought him to his current agenda at hand. He needed to make a list of females that he could flirt with until they agreed help him. Draco could not just work with any female. This was almost as important as picking a wife to Draco. She had to be flawless.

This girl could not be a prefect, could not have a boyfriend, or be a member of the Quidditch team. A prefect, an unavailable female, and a member of the Quidditch team would be constantly busy and would be useless to this project. Draco had resigned from his position of the captain of the Slytherin's Quidditch team at the end of last term, somehow knowing that he wouldn't have time for it this year.
The girl must also be able to get into the restricted section of the library. Plenty of the clues and information needed was in the restricted section of Hogwarts. Not any simpleton would be able to interpret these clues and use them to solve the case. He also wanted someone who had less than common knowledge about vampires. Draco knew that there was probably no one who could meet up with all of his criteria, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Currently, while he sat in the library, he struggled to find people who met all of his demands. Draco ruffled his hair in fury.

'Are there no smart girls in this large school?' Draco complained in his mind. He felt exhausted even though he had done nothing.

As if it was a sign, a slightly pink Ginny Weasley stalked into the library, followed by an outraged, purple-faced Ron Weasley.

"Go away, Ron, before I decide to stomp on your head!" Ginny obliviously sat beside the table where Draco was currently sitting. This caused him to hear every word of their quiet argument.

"Ginny, be quiet for a second and let me explain!" Ron slammed his fists onto the table in frustration.

Draco narrowed his eyes in annoyance at Ginny and Ron's direction. Normally he would have gladly obliged to listen to this argument. Today, however, he was trying to concentrate to the matter at hand. He hoped that Madame Pince would kick them out of the library so that he'd be able to think. However, Draco finally noticed that Madame Pince was not in the library at the moment.

"No!" She threw a random book from her bag at Ron. Ron yelped and ducked as it missed his head by a mere inch. The book landed under Draco's table but Ginny was too busy glaring at her ignorant brother to notice.

"I don't have to listen to your stupid, ugly, lying mouth! I can't believe you told mom that I was whoring around with all the boys in Gryffindor! Do you know what she said in that Howler? She said that she was ashamed. Bloody ashamed that her baby girl wasn't a virgin anymore. By the way, Ron, I am a virgin!"

Her eyes were watering slightly but she swiftly wiped them away.

"You know what else she said? She said I couldn't go to Romania this summer because she was afraid that I'd flirt with all the handsome Romanian boys there and end up pregnant. I was looking forward to that trip for years. I've always wanted to go to Romania and see the Dragons!"

She ferociously pushed Ron away from her, "You are lucky that I didn't kill you after I got that Howler from mom!"

As she scowled at him, her eyes revealed her hatred and disgust at him. Ginny sat back down and faced her back to Ron. He was clueless to how upset Ginny actually was. Ron glowered at her. He just thought she was a brat.

"I didn't mean for that to happen, Ginny, honest. I just didn't want Mum to prevent you from going to Romania. I was just worried about you Ginny…"

Ginny growled at him.

"If you were just worried, you didn't have to make up such a huge lie. Now Mum is never going to look at me the same way ever again!" Ginny huffed, "Save your lies for some foolish girl who will believe them, like Lavender. She's been clinging onto you like a wet shirt lately, go tell your lies to her!"

Ron was insulted by her comment about Lavender, whom he had in fact been fancying for quite a period of time now.
"If you're going to be a brat like that then I am not going to even try to obtain your bloody forgiveness!"

He stomped out of the library relieving the students, including a frowning Draco Malfoy, who were trying to work.

Ginny sniffed and began studying for the Potions test that she had the next day.

Draco sighed in relief. As he looked through his notes on what he needed in his girl, he accidentally knocked down his homework that he had been working on prior to this.
When he bent down under the table to pick up his scattered papers, he noticed a book that was rather old and tattered. Sitting back on his chair, he curiously opened the book to the first page.

October 31, the fifth year of the reign of Ernest Fudge

'Ernest Fudge…' Draco thought, 'he was the third Minister of Magic during 500-560 AD! Bloody Hell, this book is ancient.'

Draco began to read the words on the yellowed page.

There are some things that I cannot understand--such as the Ministry of Magic. How can they ignore the threat of those Vampires in the foreign lands east of us? As each day goes by, they pretend it isn't there and people are continuing to die and become blood-sucking beasts. I am only one man out of a million. I only wish I were able to save the lives of those people.
Several months ago, my fellow aurors and myself travelled to the foreign lands to seek partnership with their society of Witches and Wizards in a large village as an assignment from the Ministry of Magic. When we arrived after flying for three months on broomstick, we discovered that something odd was amidst. People lived in fear. They hardly left their homes, or walked the streets.
When we asked why everyone was so in horrified, they told us all about these creatures that they called Vampires. I was horrified by their description.
An image was drawn in my head of these horrible creatures. I was told that these creatures were actually once human. Their two canine teeth would become long fangs that they would stab into your neck and then they would suck your blood until there was nothing left. And then, you too would become a vampire, a beast, a monster. They were frighteningly fast monsters that could catch you no matter how fast you ran, no matter how fast you tried to escape it. And when you became a vampire, you would try to control yourself, but your urge… No, your thirst for blood would stop you from thinking any rational thought.
We decided that we would only stay one night in that village and then head back home to report to the Ministry of Magic about the vampires. That one night was all that it took for my comrades to be annihilated. Who knew that the very house we were staying in for the night belonged to a Vampire?
I will never forget the moment when I was awakened from my sleep only to see two of my friends on the floor, with two holes in their throats, dead and my other friend's blood being drunk by the Vampire. I was petrified in fear. I watched my friends, waiting for them to wake up and begin to live the life of a vampire. The villager had told us that after you were bitten you would wake up immediately afterwards and you were a vampire. However, they never did wake up. I grabbed my broom and my belongings and I flew away before the vampire could catch me.
I find it shocking that my friends didn't transform into blood-sucking vampires. Perhaps that particular vampire that bit my friends wasn't powerful enough to turn them into vampires.
When I had arrived back home after two months of flying. I was able to make it back faster because I barely made any stops unless it was absolutely necessary.
When I told the Minister about the vampires, he told me that the vampires would never make their way here to England, so why should we try to stop them?

I was never so shocked in my life. I want to go and kill those beasts and I have begun researching through old documents to see if I can create a way to do so. Although I am one man, I know that maybe in the slightest way, I can make a difference.

-Tyrus Weasley



Draco's eyes were nearly popping out of his head by the time that he finished reading the page. This was the journal of Tyrus Weasley, a man who was the ancestor of the current Weasley Clan. The journal was quite a handy source of information that could easily help him.

He glanced at Ginny. At that moment, he decided that she could help him in his investigation of Vampires. After all, she did fancy him. With a little blackmail and flirtation, he could easily obtain her aid.

Draco smirked.

'Perfect.'
To Be Continued.
ako_Kanmu is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Touch of your Fangs also liked 285 other stories.
Leave a Review