Chapter Two:
“…form it we can—“

“Father, a word,” Draco insisted.

Many masked people in black robes looked at Lucius Malfoy slightly taken aback. “How dare you—” Lucius snipped.

“This is important.”

Noticing the many faces turned toward him, Lucius Malfoy enforced superiority. “You will sit and be quiet until this meeting is over—”

“But—”

The older man’s voice growled, “Or I will make you sit and be quiet.”

Draco Malfoy glared at his father with the hatred of many years. He knew Lucius and the other Death Eaters would love to learn of his discovery, but if his father demanded silence, so be it. Draco’s top lip curled as he sat in an empty chair by his father. Lucius glared back hardheartedly.

“As I was saying, it will allow us to bring him back. Potter thinks he has killed the Dark Lord, but he hasn’t; not completely.” Lucius looked around. “I need your opinions.”

Given the chance to speak most of the men in the room began to whisper to each other, but the noise soon grew into a low rumble.

“Gentlemen,” called Lucius’ voice, “We will meet to discuss these matters tomorrow evening. Dismissed.”

There was a scraping of chairs but Lucius sat scowling at his son. Draco kept his eyes locked on his father trying very hard not to reveal anything. The younger Malfoy knew he accomplished his goal when his father heaved a sigh and asked wearily, “What is it?”

“Father, that Weasley trash…” His tone was not nearly as cold as he wished. “I don’t think she really knows where or who she is.”

“Shouldn’t you have disposed of her a while ago? Or is she too tough for you?” asked Lucius as he stared at Draco’s bruised and broken nose.

“We could use her,” he said with an edge to his voice.

“I thought you already had.” Lucius let out one short, shrill, sharp, “Ha!”

“Don’t be ridiculous. She’s a Weasley.” Draco’s tone changed from denial to business. “Father I am being serious. This girl is Harry Potter’s girlfriend. We could lure him here. We could kill him.”

“Potter’s girlfriend? Interesting…” Lucius seemed to ponder this thought for a while then said, “Keep her safe and alive, and don’t…soil her.” With that he rose and left in a swirl of black fabric.

“Yes sir.” The door closed. “Father…master,” Draco sneered and performed a low mocking bow.


Harry bowed graciously to the members of the Order. Everyone seemed excited, but Harry felt heaviness in his heart. True, Voldemort was gone, but Harry had lost so much: Cedric, Sirius, Ginny, Luna, Percy and Colin.

“Harry…do sit,” came a camling voice. Harry let Dumbledore’s voice sooth his nerves. He had wanted this meeting to come for so long, but now that it was here, he wished for something, anything else. Stiffly, Harry sat.

“Shall we begin?” the old man questioned. The party all nodded and agreed. Harry gulped. “Ginny and Colin were taken in the final battle, and we must get them back. Thanks to Molly’s wonderful clock we know Ginny is still alive and can only hope the same for Colin. We must find the both of them before they die.”

“We don’t know who has them, though,” said Tonks, her hair long and tomato colored today.

“There are at least ten families still thought to be practicing the dark arts,” said Ron.

“We have the Crabbes, the Goyles, the Andersons, the Thompsons, the Malfoys, and the ministry even has us lined up to question you Professor,” said Harry looking into Snape’s black pools.

Snape sneered at Harry. “Really?” he asked trying to appear unconcerned. Harry could tell he was somewhat shocked, and even Dumbledore noticed Snape’s unnatural tone.
“Let’s get this started. I want my daughter back,” said Molly Weasley, who had gotten horribly thin.

“Relax Molly, said Arthur. “We must come up with a plan.”

“I think—“

“We should start by making a list of all the…” Hermione butted in. “I’m sorry Porfessor.”

“By all means Miss Granger,” said Dumbledore.

Hermione nodded. “We should put together a list of all the dark wizards we knew to be there the night Ginny and Colin disappeared. Then, if we don’t find her captor we’ll move on to suspected dark wizards.

Chatter broke out, and the people in Grimmauld Place planned and plotted. Harry participated in the conversation. They decided to start with the Andersons, followed by the Crabbes and then the Malfoys. Hermione insisted that they go in alphabvetical order. “It will keep things organized,” she snapped when Harry asked her to explain.

“So, when Harry and I go to work tomorrow we’ll show the statements from other wizards proving the Anderson’s were there the night Gin and Colin were taken. That way we can get started tomorrow.”

“Yes, and we won’t be stepping into any Auror’s way,” added Arthur.

“That school has become so lenient with students. When I was in Auror training…” Everyone at the table moaned as Moody began a story. Snape joined in full-heartedly complaining how young witches and wizards today were too soft.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione were thankful to hear Mrs Weasley’s request for help in the kitchen. Sooner than thought, dinner was ready and Harry enjoyed the company of his friends, but the task of rescuing Ginny never left his thoughts.
Leave a Review