Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Seventeen

Problems

A/N: Hello! Missed me? I hope so because I missed you! I loved your reviews for the last chapter ;P
Disclaimer: I do not own anything because I'm not J.K Rowling nor Andrew Lloyd Webber.

“What is your problem?” Draco, Ginny and Harry were rehearsing the final scene down in the phantom’s lair when Chanté’s voice interrupted them. Confused they looked up.

“What has happened? Two weeks ago you all played amazingly well and now you avoid looking each other in the eyes. You can’t be closer than ten feet or you totally forget your lines. Whatever little quarrels you have, it stays outside these doors. Understood?” The leading trio nodded but all silently wondered how they could leave the “little quarrel” behind.

Someone had to take the first step and all three were stubborn and proud. It could have lasted forever. But Chanté was becoming nervous. If they didn’t solve it in some way the premiere would be a disaster. The date was coming nearer with every minute and her stars were acting like four year olds.

“Everyone except for Draco, Ginny and Harry are dismissed!”

Relieved the rest of the cast filed out through the double doors. Many were getting just as nervous as Chanté about the approaching premiere and were grateful for some time off.

“Sit,” Chanté said and the leading trio obeyed. “Now we’re going to fix this because I want the play to be a success. And it’s not fair to your co-actors if the leading parts destroy the whole piece." Draco looked like he was about to say that “he never would be worse than the ‘co-actors”, but a glance from the Frenchwoman kept him silent.

“Now if I can first talk to you Harry.” She and the boy-who-lived went over to the other side of the Great Hall where the two others couldn’t overhear them.

Draco rose and went over to the piano. The orchestra hadn’t been there today as it was their day off and Geoffrey had already left. He gestured to Ginny to come after and reluctantly she did.

He wasn’t stupid, he knew perfectly well the power his voice had over her and now it was time to use it. He couldn’t apologize to her - he was a Malfoy and Malfoys were never sorry. Now he had a perfect excuse for wanting her to be his friend again; the play.

Softly he began to play and fastened his eyes on her. He was not going to show her how nervous he was.

Confused Ginny met Draco’s eyes, wondering where this would lead. When the intoxicating tones of his voice began she once again felt that he was singing only for her. To have him sing for her made her feel so special, so intimately cared for. He made her feel worshipped, and dear Merlin, loved...

The lyrics suddenly started to matter and she listened carefully to the recomposed lyrics.

“I gave you my music, made your song take way. You were once my one companion, you were all that mattered. Then my world was shattered.” Stricken Ginny understood that he was actually saying that he was sorry. Draco Malfoy was apologizing. “Say you'll need me with you here, beside you. Let me be your shelter, let me be your light. Try to forgive, teach me to live...”

He had forgiven her...Could she do the same?

He was sitting by the piano calmly regarding her, waiting for his judgment. The setting sun’s last rays illuminated his aristocratic features, making his hair shimmer. Disconnected she thought that he was like a black-and-white photography, everything around him seemed to be made of gold but he was plain black and white. The golden light didn’t touch him. The sun didn’t want to touch him...

“You are forgiven.”

Draco watched her where she stood opposite him silently regarding him, her hair seeming ablaze in the sunlight. Something in her eyes changed and she uttered three words that he had no idea meant as much to him as they did. His planning for what to play that night in the ballroom was interrupted by Ginny who added, “But you’ll have to apologize to Harry too.”

It felt like he had walked through a ghost.

“What?”

“I think you heard me, Draco.”

“Malfoys don’t apologize,” he said arrogantly.

“Too bad,” she spun around and began to leave.

“I said I was sorry to you. Isn’t that enough? Haven’t I made a fool of myself enough for a lifetime already?” She turned and looked tenderly at him making him want to squirm.

Merlin, he could manage glares from anyone but that look made him want to fidget.

“I’ve already told you that there is no reason for you to be embarrassed in front of me, Draco.” She said his name in a way no one had ever said it before. It made him feel warm inside. Get a hold on yourself, Malfoy! A voice inside his head shouted.

“I don’t want to embarrass you. I want you to see that you have to face the consequences of your actions. I could tell a teacher what you did...” she said severely.

“Are you blackmailing me into apologize to Potter?” He asked and narrowed his eyes.

“Yes, and I hope that one day I won’t need to blackmail you into it.” With that she walked away towards Chanté and Harry.

She hoped that he would apologize to Harry. She hoped that she meant that much to him. Ginny would never tell Draco, but a little part of her thought that he had done the right thing with Harry, Merlin knew that she had wanted to do the same. And it made her heart beat a little faster with the knowledge that he had stood up for her. Secretly smiling at her heart’s antics she approached the famous witch and wizard.

“Tell me what the matter is,” Chanté persuaded gently. Harry was leaning back in his chair, his arms crossed over his chest, eyes hostile. This was not a matter for Chanté’s ears.

The singer sighed wearily. She looked up and saw Ginny walking towards them. The redhead had a new light in her eyes and Chanté thought that maybe there wouldn’t be a need for her to talk “seriously” with the girl. She nodded at Harry in a dismissal way and he rose and grumpily walked towards the doors.

“So, Ginny, do you care to tell me what is going on?” Ginny who liked the kind Frenchwoman gladly told her about Draco, Angel and Harry. Well, maybe not quite everything but almost. Her feelings for Draco she could leave out of this.

Both being occupied with the story they didn’t see Draco slip out after his archenemy.

A/N: Hehehe, I'm such an evil person. In the next chapter we'll see if Draco apologizes, if Harry accepts and if our favourite persons have a chance together...
Leave a Review