Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Eighteen

Truce

A/N: I don't know why the chapters dont appear when the story comes up at the site. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Anyway, here is chapter 18 which I hope everyone will enjoy. I did.
Disclaimer: I don't own anything from Phantom of the Opera or the Potterverse. Because I'm not them. I don't even have two coins to rub together at the moment and they do.

He was furious. Of course he didn’t let it be seen as he walked down the corridor but he was swearing quietly, making a nun in a painting faint from pure shock. Not even bothering to send her a glance he left the English and French profanities for Spanish, Dutch and Russian ones.

What in bloody hell possessed him to do what he was about to do? You’d do anything for her and you know it! The voice he hated so dearly, said maliciously. He didn’t want to hear that.

He spotted the black mop of tastelessly unkempt hair ahead and called, “Potter!”

“What do you want, Malfoy?” Glancing around and noting that no one else was around Draco drew a deep breath and started.

“Before I begin I just want to tell that I do not regret what I did to you, Ginny blackmailed me into this. I’m sorry for beating you up, Potter.” Very humiliated, the Malfoy turned and walked briskly down the hallway. He couldn’t get away from there fast enough.

“Hey, Malfoy!” Draco stopped hesitantly. He wasn’t sure he wanted to hear Potter’s gloating. “You really do like her, don’t you?”

Dumbstruck by his words Draco just stared. Harry walked closer his hands deep in his pockets. “I…I guess I have to apologise too. I mean for my behaviour. But it really pissed me off when she so clearly preferred you over me. I always thought we were friends but she didn’t tell me she had already given her heart to someone else.”

If someone had seen the “Evil” Draco Malfoy at that moment they would laugh, he looked like he had walked into an invisible wall.

“Malfoy? Malfoy, what are you doing? You look like you’ve swallowed a flobberworm and realised it three years later.”

Some unintelligible sounds escaped the Slytherin’s mouth and he didn’t doubt that his father would have locked him in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor for not controlling his emotions if he had seen his son.

“She’s in love with me?” He said weakly.

“Yes,” Harry answered looking grim. “Haven’t you noticed?”

Draco didn’t respond. He had known, hoped, that his feelings for her were mutual and still he had dreaded it. But to have it said straight to his face was different.

“How do you know?” Draco asked, he had to know, had to see it himself.

Looking irritated Harry answered, “The way she looks at you, and how she lies to all of her friends because of you. I’ve never seen anyone so ecstatic over “visiting Hagrid” every night for three weeks in a row. She has started to sneer. She started to use make-up. She would die for you, Malfoy,” he finished bitterly.

Desperately Draco tried to get a hold of the feelings that raged inside him. Intense happiness, ‘she looked forward to their meetings.’ Anger, ‘why hadn’t she told him?’ Something warm and fuzzy he would rather not acknowledge, ‘she had made herself beautiful for him, she lied for him, she had always sang for him.’

Harry watched the shifting emotions in eyes that for once were unguarded.

“Nothing witty to say, Malfoy?” Harry smirked and all he got was a burning look. “You know, I was angry because I thought she had given herself to someone who didn’t care. You obviously do. So I’m not going to interfere any more. I truly deserved what I got. Thanks for beating some sense into me,” Harry held out his hand. Draco looked at it, how very familiar this was. Should he let Potter suffer from the same humiliation he had? Ginny’s face flashed by and the Slytherin shook the Gryffindor’s hand.

Suddenly the green eyes behind the round glasses narrowed, “But if you hurt her…” He left the threat to the other boy’s imagination.

“You should apologize to Ginny,” Draco said to Harry as he walked away.

Leaning towards a statue of Pontus the Picky Harry smiled. He didn’t know why, but he felt happier than he had since the beginning of the year.

Steering his steps towards the ballroom Draco had to hide a smile behind his hand. Hagrid, indeed.

Ginny carefully approached the door she had itched to open for what felt like eternity. She opened and saw the back of whom she longed to meet behind the door of her dreams. Draco was sitting by the piano, his hair glinting in the warm gleam of the candlelight. He was playing and singing – he had to be in a good mood. Ginny shivered, he was singing the final line of the whole play and it always gave her goose bumps when he let his voice soar so freely.

“You alone can make my song take flight! It’s over now the music of the night!” The desperate tone in his voice tugged at her heartstrings even if she knew he was just acting.

“Angel...” He turned and faced her and she managed a rather feeble smile. What was she going to say?

“I think it’s your turn to sing today and my turn to listen.” She had to hear him singing for her. She wanted to feel the intoxicating tones fly around her. “Master,” she added playfully with mock esteem. Not bothering turning towards the piano, he again began to sing. His deep voice turned one octave darker and made her blood boil, burning her inside as it rushed through her. The lyrics did not help at all...

“You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge, in pursuit of that wish, which till now has been silent, silent . . . in your mind you’ve already succumbed to me dropped all defences completely succumbed to me - now you are here with me: no second thoughts, you’ve decided, decided . . .”

He rose and let his voice grow stronger enjoying Ginny’s closed eyes, proving the power he still had over her. “Past the point of no return, no backward glances, the games we’ve played till now are at an end . . .Past all thought of “if” or “when”, no use resisting, abandon thought, and let the dream descend . . .”

Ginny opened her eyes again and found Draco a lot closer now, barely three steps away.

“What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door? What sweet seduction lies before us . . .?”

One step closer...

“Past the point of no return, the final threshold - what warm, unspoken secrets will we learn? Beyond the point of no return...”

The tension was thick enough to cut with a knife as Draco stopped singing; his slightly ragged breath was all that could be heard as he regarded the girl in front of him closely, seeking an answer of some sort in her deep eyes.

She knew the song, it was from the play and they had rehearsed it uncountable times together but not until now, did the words make sense to her. Answering him in the same quiet voice he had used, she started to sing her part.

“You have brought me to that moment where words run dry, to that moment where speech disappears into silence, silence . . In my mind, I’ve already imagined our bodies entwining, defenceless and silent - and now I am here with you, no second thoughts, I’ve decided, decided...”

This time Ginny stepped closer and they could now feel the heat radiating from each other.

“Past the point of no return - no going back now, our passion-play has now, at last, begun . . . Past all thought of right or wrong - one final question, how long should we two wait, before we’re one? When will the flames, at last, consume us?”

They took the final step that carried them beyond the point of no return. Draco put his hands at Ginny’s waist and her arms circled his neck. Just a breath from each other they finished,

“Past the point of no return, the final threshold - the bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn. We’ve passed the point of no return…”

Finally destiny managed to complete what it had been working on for years, as the two born enemies sealed their fate with a kiss.

Ginny had never been kissed this way before. This was nothing like the unsure, rather , kisses she had exchanged with her former boyfriends, this was simply wonderful. It was like hitting the right tone at the right moment together with the right person or...

Here Ginny’s thoughts came to an end as the kiss deepened and her hands found their way into Draco’s silky hair all by themselves.

Draco had kissed a lot of girls before but it had never felt like this. It had never felt perfect. Maybe it was the longing he had for this girl without realizing for years, and now she was here, she was his and she liked it. Or the love for music they shared or that she was his friend. But he doubted it. Drawing her closer he stopped thinking at all and surrendered to the pleasant sensations thundering inside him.


A/N: Alright don't kill me because I suck at writing kisses! I have to practise *winks*. Now, how was the whole thing? Don't you think I deserve a little happy dance in front of your desk because I made them kiss? C'mon you now you want to let the triumph out!
Leave a Review