Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Nineteen

Magic

A/N: Hey! Thanks for your reviews, as always they make my day! And now, Michelle I'm curious, who are Fyerio and Glinda? You have to tell and I'll see what I can do about your suggestion.

I hope everyone will enjoy some more fluff because I did ;D

Disclaimer: Who reads these, anyway? I do not own aything that already belongs to JKR and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Ginny smiled as she went off the stage during the rehearsal’s intermission. The teamwork between her, Harry and Draco had been working excellent the last days. Chanté was chirpy and the other actors were starting to relax into their roles even if the nervousness for the premiere hadn’t ceased.

She took a sip of water before looking around. They had practiced the masquerade scene so the whole cast were there. Cho Chang and Seamus Finnegan were talking with a nodding Neville beside them, a gang of Hufflepuffs were rehearsing lines and Harry and Draco were sort of talking, well, they weren’t fighting seriously.

Harry had apologized to her before she went to the ballroom the same day Draco had. She had immediately accepted. It had been a bit tense between them as they both tried to find the old friendship.

“Draco, Ginny!” Chanté called, “It’s time for Phantom of the Opera!” This song was among the hardest for Ginny to sing, it ended with wordless vocalizing that rose really high. Upon that she had to sit and sing. It was the first time the Phantom brought Christine to his lair and they had to go by boat, Christine in the front and the Phantom behind her.

The properties group had made a groove in the stage and filled it with water so the boat could float forward. It felt ridiculous to sit in the boat when you saw the narrow “river” but she knew that from the public’s view it looked really cool.

Nervously she bit her lip before stepping into the boat. To her surprise Draco assisted her. They never showed affection in front of people. He leaned closer casually as to help her sit.

“You can do this!” He whispered.

“But I’ve never sung it in front of people!”

“And what am I? A duck?”

“No, you’re my boyfriend,” Ginny said and had to sit on her hands to not caress his cheek. He straightened rapidly but Ginny saw in his eyes behind the white mask how happy she’d made him. She turned and drew a deep breath and Chanté nodded to the orchestra.

“In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came, that voice which calls to me and speaks my name. And do I dream again? For now I find the Phantom of the opera is there - inside my mind.”

All activity off stage had stopped and everyone was listening. Draco and Ginny had always sung well but the magic from the first rehearsals had been gone, now it was back, almost palpable enough to touch it...

Draco continued, “Sing once again with me our strange duet. My power over you grows stronger yet. And though you turn from me to glance behind the Phantom there - inside your mind.”

Again it hit Ginny how alike the play and her life was.

“Those who have seen your face draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear...”

”It’s me they hear...” As their voices joined in the final verse, a sigh could be heard over the whole hall. Who wouldn’t want to be able to sing like the couple on stage?

“And in this labyrinth where night is blind, the Phantom of the opera is here inside your mind...” Ginny started the tough part and the inebriating feeling she got from singing rushed through her. She did it! She actually could! The tone died and breathing hard she looked at Draco. He gave her an almost invisible nod and smiling, Ginny rose.

Then the applause started, stunned she looked out and saw all the students stand and cheer. Chanté was beaming and the orchestra were nodding and smiling.

Ginny bowed graciously and whispered to Draco. “Tonight!” Before they parted.

When Draco entered he immediately felt that something had changed in the ballroom. Looking around he saw that it was clean. Someone had put great effort to make the room immaculately spotless.

“I thought it would be perfect. I’ve decided that we’re going to dance now without getting interrupted.” Ginny stepped out from the shadows. Draco felt his breath hitch at the sight. Her burgundy red hair was pinned at her head with soft ringlets tumbling down around her face and she wore a white dress that seemed to float around her. Around her neck hung the tiny silver dragon he had given her for Christmas. She looked like an angel, his angel of music.

“Aren’t you going to ask me to dance?” Ginny asked nervously as he just looked at her. He seemed to wake up and drew his wand. Whispering something under his breath a white rose sprung out from the tip of the slender dark piece of wood.

“Would you give me the honour, Ginevra?” He said and held out the rose.

“Of course, Draco,” she answered and accepted the flower enjoying the sweet scent. She placed it in her hair as he stepped closer. Feeling his arms circle her waist she leaned her head on his shoulder and music started playing softly from some unseen source.

As they spun slowly Ginny marvelled that she could enjoy something so unrestrained, there was nothing that could stop her from savouring the sensations his proximity brought.

The scent from the rose, the music and Ginny herself made it feel unreal. Could one actually be this content? What was the price? He discovered that he didn’t give a damn about what he was going to pay for this moment of complete happiness. It was just now that mattered anyway.

Suddenly a cold hand gripped his heart. What if he hadn’t joined the play? He would be brooding down in the dungeons, sulking and cursing the damn amateurs who were having more fun than he.

He calmed himself and reluctantly let go of Ginny’s waist to spin her around. He had, joined the play and Ginny Weasley was his.

Ginny followed Draco’s lead and spun back, leaning her back against his chest. Feeling his hot breath tickle her neck sent shiver through her and instinctively she bent her head to allow him closer. He understood the invitation and kissed the spot where her neck met the curve of her shoulder. Not able to stop herself Ginny turned and pressed her mouth against his. A new element could be found in the so far gentle and sweet kisses; passion. That feeling brought their relationship to a new level.
Leave a Review