Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Twenty-one

Premiere

A/N: Alright people, last chapter...ohhhh..I hope you'll enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything that you recognize from the Phantom of the Opera or Harry Potter.

She couldn’t believe this was actually the night. Ginny peeked out through the curtain; it was unbelievable how many people were there. There had to be more people than just the parents of students here tonight.

She saw her own numerous family, easily spotted with their flaming hair. All of them were there, even Percy though he looked sullen and had a bulking briefcase at his feet. The tension between him and her family since the “Big Brawl” as Fred and George called it had been growing ever since he came back to the Burrow. Her parents did their best to make their son feel at home but his brothers and only sister had a harder time forgiving him.

It appeared that her two oldest brothers were teasing each other and her father was eagerly examining the suspected muggles in the room. Dumbledore had taken down the shield that prevents muggles from viewing the castle. For one night it would allow the muggleborns’ parents to participate.

The twins were sitting very still with their mother’s stern gaze looked at them. Ginny smiled and turned her attention to Chanté who entered the stage in full gala attire. She greeted the audience with her patented “Glad to see you like me” smile.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to what I know will be a night to remember. I would like to begin by congratulating all the parents who have a child in the play. Your children are absolutely marvellous!” the crowd cheered and Ginny saw her mother beam. She had two children in the play and complimented by Chanté Laux, no less!

“I’m sure everyone in here has a reason to be proud over their children but I just know the students from the play.” Suddenly Ginny spotted a familiar face in the crowd. Narcissa Malfoy was sitting in the front row, her usual face of distaste destroying her beauty. She turned to her boyfriend, “Your mother is here?”

“To gloat, no doubt. Not everyone out there has a child in the leading trio”, the blonde sneered. Ginny smirked back, “No, only the Weasleys,” she laughed.

“Well, you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me…”

“That’s true,” she said perfectly fine with letting him win. They weren’t enemies any longer. She leaned closer and whispered, just a breath from his mouth, “And I’m really grateful,” before closing the space between them. Briefly Ginny wondered if it would always be this wonderful to kiss this man as she entwined her fingers in his fine hair. I sure hope so…

They broke apart as Chanté started talking again and a disgusted noise was heard from the sofa behind them.

“Honestly!” Harry wrinkled his nose and the couple just smirked.

Harry felt a sinking sensation in his stomach as Ginny just ignored Malfoy’s bratty comment and kissed him. What wouldn’t he give to have someone to share feelings like that with? Well, not just someone, he wanted Ginny. Why hadn’t he seen her earlier? When he had the chance…Fate was a cruel thing. For years he could have made her his but when he finally saw her she belonged to someone else.

Angrily he looked away, willing the bitter thoughts to subside, concentrating on Chanté.

“I admit that when I first agreed to do Headmaster Dumbledore this favour I wasn’t very happy. I thought that the untrained students here would be disasters on stage and nothing makes me happier than telling you this: I was wrong. We have worked hard for several months to accomplish this play and I am honoured to present, Phantom of the Opera!”

The room went dark and Ginny hurried towards the stage entrance. A hand grabbed hers and she spun around, not seeing anything. She felt the heat of another body close to hers and she recognized Draco’s voice in her ear.

“Good luck!” She smiled in the darkness.

“Thank you, Angel” It took a lot of her willpower to not grin as the music started.

During the intermission Chanté entered the tiny room Ginny used as her changing room, with Harry and Draco in tow.
Immediately Chanté started to pace.

“I have...Well, good news,” she said and excitedly she started to fiddle with her silk gloves. Draco looked at her, his face impassive while Harry raised his eyebrows, Ginny almost jumped on the spot. What is it? She wanted to shout.

“Well, I invited some people I know...Friends of my agent...and such...I wanted to hear what they thought about your abilities...”

Yes? Ginny wanted to shake the woman. “And just now during the intermission they told me...Draco, you have gotten three role offers and Ginny you have been offered some auditions and they are interested in you as well Harry!” Chanté finished in a rush and eagerly watched the three youths. Ginny stood with her mouth open, Harry looked awkward and Draco had lifted a perfectly shaped brow.

“What do you think then?” The Frenchwoman said impatiently. Ginny didn’t answer, a huge smile played at her lips as she threw herself at Draco, wrapping her legs around his waist giving him a hug. Harry looked away and said, “I won’t...”

Chanté looked mildly disappointed but nodded and turned to the couple.

Ginny, now on the ground, said “I have school to finish but I...I think I will go to the auditions next year.” Draco looked thoughtful before saying what Chanté hoped for, “What part would I have?”

The curtain fell and for the first time in her life Ginny experienced the grand feeling of hearing a great audience applaud her. It was so big! Her cheeks hurt from all the smiling.

Another thing she valued was that everyone cheered for Draco too. The praise didn’t only come from loyal Slytherins this time.
They re-entered the stage several times to the never faltering applause and after four times Chanté called that only Draco and Ginny would enter. Harry wasn’t around. Ginny walked to the
middle of the stage again and saw Draco come out from the other scene entrance.

She grazed him with a huge smile and almost invisibly he smiled back. Neither of the noticed the curtain opening as Ginny walked into Draco’s embrace. It was not until the deafening applause stopped they looked up and noticed that they had kissed in front of all the people in the Great Hall. A Malfoy and a Weasley.

“I think our relationship just turned public, Ginny,” Draco said and tugged her closer.

“I think you’re right,” she answered and let herself be kissed once again.

A boy with green eyes in the row furthest back started to clap his hands and soon everyone cheered. Except for a family of dumbstruck redheads and a society lady in the front row.

Secretly Draco smiled and then whispered in his girlfriend’s ear,

“Say you'll need me with you here, beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too. I love you...”

“I love you too, Angel.”

THE END

A/N2: *holds sign saying applause* So? How was this story? Lemme hear!
The End.
Sannikex is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 20 members. Members who liked Angel of Music also liked 387 other stories.
Leave a Review