Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Three

Leading Parts

A/N: Hi! Update! Thanks to you who reviewed, I love reviews :D

The parchment in front of her read: Christine Daáe: Ginevra Weasley; Phantom: Draco Malfoy; Raoul: Harry Potter; Carlotta: Cho Chang; Meg Giry: Hermione Granger; Firmin: Ronald Weasley; André: Seamus Finnegan; Madame Giry: Pansy Parkinson; Piangi: Terry Boot; and so on.

She had got the lead! But she had to act against Malfoy of all people. Did he have to come here and put his pointy nose into her dream? And how in the world did he make it to get a role? She noted that the first rehearsal was the same afternoon and went into the Great Hall for breakfast.

Harry was on his way through the double doors for breakfast when someone called him.

“Oy, Harry c’mon over here!” He looked up and saw Ron standing in a little crowd of people, his ears red with excitement. He went over and Ron almost bounced

“Look, Harry! You are in for a leading part!” Surprised, Harry discovered that his friend was right. He was going to play someone called Raoul.

“And, Ginny’s playing in the lead to!” he said shining with pride. Then his bright smile died.

“But Malfoy’s going to play too...” Harry’s eyes went to the list on the door. Ron was right again; Draco Malfoy was chosen to play the phantom.

“I guess we’ll see him at the rehearsal.” Harry thought back on the days when he had been constantly fighting with the Slytherin. What then had been so important now seemed very childish.

“I wonder whom he had to bribe to get the role?” Harry didn’t answer and they went into the hall. Hermione came rushing towards them, her cheeks rosy with happiness. Harry heard his friend's breath catch. Irritated that Ron never did anything, although he had been in love with Hermione for years, he turned towards his bushy-haired friend.

“Congratulations, boys to the roles! I’m in too, I’m going to play Meg Giry!” With Ron and Hermioneon his right, excitedly chatting about rehearsals and people in the play they went over to the Gryffindor table.

Draco walked nonchalantly towards the casting list and noted without surprise that he was going to play the phantom. With a smirk he saw the youngest Weasley's name and grimaced when he saw Potter’s. What in the world possessed them to let Potter act? He couldn’t act if his life depended on it. Must have been Dumbledore who had begged for him to be on the casting. Of course it couldn’t be a play without Saint Potter in it! With that he walked into the Great Hall.

At lunch break Harry had gone somewhere again without them, and they had done what they usually did when he was gone. Taking strolls in the castle, hoping to find Harry and bring him with them.

This day, however, they had ended up in an abandoned room on the seventh floor. It was a beautiful room with colored-glass windows and the sun shone in making patterns on the floor.

The furniture was made of dark wood and the heavy curtains had once been burgundy red. There was a special atmosphere in the air of something happy and safe, like laughter.

Ron and Hermione went in and sat down on a sofa that faced the windows. They watched the grounds which through the windows looked a lot of different colours. Ron broke the comfortable silence.

“Hermione, what is the 'Phantom of the Opera' about?”

“Oh, it’s a long story. It’s about a man whom has a hideous face and lives under the Opera House in Paris. He has a protégé, Christine Daáe, who he teaches to sing. This girl has never seen him and she is sort of infatuated with him, or her Angel of Music, as she calls him. This man, the phantom, does anything to make Christine get the leading parts.
When the Opera House gets new owners who don’t believe in the Opera Ghost and don’t obey his wishes he starts to get really nasty. Anyway, one day Christine gets a leading role. Everyone loves her, and an old friend of hers, Raoul sees her and falls in love with her. But the phantom is obsessed with Christine and won’t let her meet other men...” Hermione stopped and sneaked a glance at Ron who was looking intently at her.

She wondered if he too was thinking of their fourth year and the Yule Ball...

“So he brings her downbelow the Opera House where he lives and tries to make her stay with him and she could have. He can spellbind her...” Again she looked at Ron.

She didn’t know why she had said that, the truth was that his music could spellbind her but now she was sort of telling Ron what she felt about him...

“She understands that he is the phantom and then she takes off his mask which he always wears to hide his face. He gets mad and shuts her out...”

Another lie, she thought, he sent her up again but now she was doing her best to leave clues. She carried on with the story leaving many not so very subtle clues and now she was nearing the end. Still she hadn’t got any response from Ron he was still watching her with his intent blue stare.

“And then the phantom understands that he is in love with her...” Now she turned her head staring back at Ron. He was leaning forward as if listening closely and she was just turning her eyes back to the window when he captured her lips.

Finally! Hermione thought triumphantly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and then there was no space left in her head for thoughts. Reluctantly, Ron let go of her mouth. “You have no idea of how long I’ve been dreaming to do that...” he said with his arms still wrapped around her.

“No need to dream anymore...” With that the world was left behind again.

For the first time in her life Hermione was not sorry for being late to class.



A bit R/Hr fluff ’t resist...that room was sooo romantic....Please review!
Leave a Review