Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Five
Angel?

Ginny entered the music room looking around as if her Angel would stand there in front of her and let the soft voice he used occasionally, surround her.

“Are you here?” Instead of the usual welcoming tune his voice answered her.

“Yes.” There was long pause before he said. “You were good today. I’m proud of your talent.” Ginny felt like jumping and dancing. Angel hardly ever complimented her singing but that only made the praise sweeter.

“Angel...Angel can I see you?” There was a long silence.

“Don’t you trust me anymore?” His voice was soft but there was hint of steel in it.

“I do! I really do, but I have to know!” This time the silence lasted even longer. She thought he had left when he said, “Look at your face in the mirror.”

Confused, Ginny turned around and faced the mirror. She met her reflection’s huge wondering eyes and suddenly a soft click was heard and the mirror glass opened as door from the frame and Ginny cautiously neared it.

A pale white hand reached out and she promptly took it. It was her Angel she had known him for years, he had given her dreams a chance to become true. She stepped into the mirror and found herself in a dark passage. To her surprise she saw that from this side the mirror glass was half transparent. He had been able to see her and she hadn’t seen him. Not a very nice thought.

The door closed and she felt a body close to hers, she felt the warmth radiating from him. Her hand was held in his hands and it sent warm shivers through her body. She looked up but saw nothing but darkness. She felt a tug at her hand and followed the person in front of her. Not more than three steps forward there was a new door and when it slid open Ginny had to blink a few times.

She had stepped into what once must have been a ballroom. The walls were deep yellow and seemed to glow in the light from hundreds of candles placed all around in beautiful candlesticks. The floor was of polished wood and gleamed as if it invited people to dance on its crystalline surface. In the middle stood a huge black piano and everywhere there were music instruments. High French windows lined one of the walls and Ginny saw that a balcony ran outside and just as in her room piles of sheet music lay in the deep windowsills.

Suddenly she remembered that she wasn’t alone and turned rapidly towards her Angel. And wished she hadn’t. Before stood the most handsome boy in school. The most musically talented. The most horrible. In front her stood Draco Malfoy, his stony expression distant and cold.

“You...” she said weakly. He just raised an eyebrow. Ginny felt like crying. No more wonderful song lessons, no more listening to him play the piano and savour the sweet knowledge that he played for her. She did the only thing she could think of and ran.

Ginny didn’t know for how long she had been running with tears falling down her cheeks when she ran into someone. Harry stumbled backwards but kept his balance.

“What are you doing! Can’t you look where...Ginny?” She looked up and he saw her red eyes. “What is it?” Ginny stumbled over the words telling him disconnected sentences.

“He was my best friend Harry! I didn’t understand it but he was and now I can’t see him anymore and I don’t know why I had to see him in the first place! Why couldn’t I be content with what we had?” She sobbed violently and a tender feeling Harry had never experienced rose in his chest as he awkwardly patted her back. Without really understanding what he did he lifted her chin and placed a kiss on her lips.

She stood stricken before she realized that Harry Potter was kissing her. Slowly she placed her arms around his neck, she had dreamt about this since she was ten years old.

Draco sat down at the stool by the piano, sneering at no one. It irritated him that Ginny had left. He thought that she had liked her ‘Angel’. But he was no Angel he was just Draco Malfoy. Not that that was slight, after all; he was rich, handsome and talented. It pained him that Ginny would never sing for him again. She never sang for you! She sang for Angel’ cried an unwelcome voice in his head.

He sighed and rose, walking out on the balcony. He leaned against the railing and let the crisp breeze caress his face. He closed his eyes and sang softly “Hard as lightning, soft as candlelight, dare you trust the Music of the Night? Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth and the truth isn't what you want to see. In the dark it is easy to pretend...” He stood out on the balcony for a very long time that night, fighting emotions he didn’t want to acknowledge.
Leave a Review