Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Six
Scents

Ginny made her way to the rehearsal with her eyes on the paper in her hand. It was the lines she was supposed to know until today but since she had spent the whole evening yesterday together with Harry she didn’t know them. Chanté would certainly not be pleased.

They were getting closer to the premiere with every second and it was starting to make Ginny nervous. If only Angel was here to help me a bit with my work...No! Angel didn’t exist, he was a beautiful dream and he would never return.

She went through the double doors and towards the space that had been used as stage. Absently she noted that Malfoy was standing with Chanté talking about something in quiet voices. The usual coldness was radiating from Malfoy as always and Chanté looked serious. The white mask that belonged to the Phantom was resting on a stool not far away. A pleasant shudder ran through her, something about the Phantom attracted her. He was a horrible person and a murderer but just like Christine, she felt something for the mysterious genius. And he reminded terribly much of her Angel...

“Ginny! Haven’t you learned your lines?” Chanté hurried over looking reproachful.

“Not really...” The French woman snorted.

“Well, maybe Draco can help you if you forget.” With that she clapped her hands and the Hall fell silent. “Today we’ll practice the scene when the Phantom has brought Christine through the mirror and down to his chambers. No scripts and all actors who are not Christine or the Phantom are dismissed.” No one left, this play had caught everyone’s full attention. Malfoy put on the mask and as always Ginny felt a little thrill when she saw him. This was not the spoiled Draco Malfoy, this was a man, a dangerous and a very, very attractive man.

She moved to the spot where Christine would stand and felt when she did, she took a step into her character.

Harry watched how his girlfriend started to act against his archenemy and smiled at how good she was. It felt good to know that when the rehearsal was over she would come walking towards him and they would wait together for the dinner to begin. It was nice to have a girlfriend Harry had discovered, it didn’t have to be awkward as it had been with Cho, together with Ginny he could really relax.

Malfoy was singing now and even Harry and Ron had to admit that he was extremely good at it. One day he had been arguing with the pianist over some chord and insisted that it sounded wrong. The bald pianist had asked him to do it better himself and Malfoy had sat down and fluently played the whole piece. The man had sullenly agreed that it sounded better that way and Chanté had gotten a new light in her eyes. She actually admired the blonde Slytherin.

Since that day the pianist and Malfoy had been constantly bickering about chords and notes and no one but Chanté and Ginny actually understood what the hell they were talking about. His train of thoughts were interrupted by Chanté’s pleasant voice.

“Wait! Here comes the part where the Phantom lifts Christine and carries her to his bed.” A lot of giggles were heard and the witch sighed at the childish behaviour. “You know just as well as I do that Christine only sleeps in his bed and nothing else while he is sitting by the piano, Merlin! Anyway we must have someone who can cast a lightening charm on Ginny. So far there’s no problems but now you get some nasty side effects when you try to make a person less heavy. So what are we goung to do?” No one answered but Malfoy spoke up.

“I can carry Weasley without lightening charm.” Everyone turned and he smirked impatiently. In one move he took a step forward and scooped Ginny up. She was totally unprepared and threw her arms around his neck. Feeling dizzy she looked into his gray eyes, surprised over how strong he actually was. He couldn’t weigh much more than she with his slim seeker’s build. He smelt good too...Not like Harry who smelt soap and boy. Draco Malfoy smelt distictly man. Oh...Naughty Ginny, naughty! She thought to herself and let go of his neck as he let her down.

The rest of the rehearsal went by and Ginny hated herself for enjoying being scooped up. Hated to feel like a princess as he carried her to a beautiful bed.

Draco went into the music ballroom and was just about to play the melody his fingers ached to play, Ginny’s welcome tune.

He huffed and angrily walked over to the balcony door and kicked it open. Why had he lifted her up by the way? She could have the nasty side effects for all he cared. It hadn’t been beacuse he wanted to impress her or make her come back to her Angel. He managed just fine without her and she seemed to manage perfectly on her own. She had Potter now. Of course, that was what he had tried to do! He had wanted to get to Potter through Weasley. That was it. Absolutely.

Furious that at least one million little voices were arguing against him inside his head he sat down by the piano and slammed a hard C. When he went to bed that night he had managed to play away all the little annoying voices, except for one. It was rattling ´you’re lying, you’re lying over and over again.
Leave a Review