Author notes: If you've read this before, then you'll know that I combined the previous chapters 1 through 3 and made it chapter one. Chapter four is being rewritten and added on to. That way, more of the past will be shown, as well as present time. (Chapters 4 and 5 will make chapter 2 since everything is going to be pretty new. I also had it edited over again since I noticed so many mistakes and I'm hardly ever satisfied with my writing. I'm sorry if I confused you; really, I am. It's just that good fics have much longer chapters, and it's also easier to read if it's longer since it flows more... We'll see where this will end, k?

Thank you so much Sahalina for beta reading my story! You’re the best.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I locked away my heart
But you just set it free
Emotions I felt telling me back
from what my life should be
I pushed you far away
and yet you stayed with me
I guess this means that you and me
were meant to be...

"Why?" he asked coolly, his silvery eyes looking at her with a bit of anger showing on his face.

"You don't understand! Let's just leave the band and live a normal life. Please!"

He hugged her tightly, and as he did so, he slipped his watch given from her into her hand. "You need to choose, Love. If you drop out, you leave me as well. If you stay, we could get married next spring, just like we had planned..."

Tears streamed down her face. "You cruel, insensitive git! Do you love the band more than you love me?"

He stayed in place, his cold demeanor starting to appear. "Why are you doing this? We're famous now, and yet you still want to leave. Explain to me why we need to leave."

She wiped away her tears and glared, "You do love the band more than me. You love the fame, the limelight. You're already rich, and you had the perfect girlfriend..." She turned around and stormed out of the room.

He stared at her retreating back. The rest of the band members looked at them in shock. "She'll come back," he reassured the group, or was he just trying to reassure himself?

* * * * * * Several Years Later* * * * * *

"Did you know that my mommy was in a band before I was born?" questioned Juliet as she concentrated on the board game. She was losing badly and she hated to lose, especially to something as simple as a Muggle board game. She brushed away her silvery blond curls from her face and began to think of a new strategy.

"Really?" Katherine said, her interest on the subject rising, "Did she have her music recorded on those Muggle CDs? My parents have some CDs, but they're mostly from the '90s. Then again, they lived as Muggles when they were our age."

"A CD? I'm not sure what that is, but my mommy has this circular thingy that plays music," she responded, her brown eyes glinted as she smiled at her best friend, "Why not ask my mommy where it is? I'm sure she'll be happy to play it for you."

Katherine scrunched up her tiny nose, "You're up to something, Julie! Show me yourself."

"Fine. Fine. I'll show you," she sighed in exasperation, while quickly changing the position of her game piece without her friend noticing.

The two eight-year olds ran out onto the small hallway and entered the rather tiny master bedroom. Even if the apartment was small to begin with, Juliet's mother was a great interior decorator. Each room gave out a warm and comforting vibe, easing even the most haggard person. All the rooms were bright and cheerful, except one.

The master bedroom was decorated in dark colors, unlike the pastels throughout the apartment. Forest green, blood red, and silver seemed to be the main colors throughout the room. The rather large canopy bed took up most of the space, becoming the centerpiece of the room.

Juliet led her friend towards the walk in closet, and shuffled through the contents of a large trunk. Finally finding what she was looking for, she giggled with glee and shoved the CD case in front of Katherine's face. Katherine grabbed the CD out of her hand and examined the CD cover. She laughed however and handed it back to her friend.

"That's just the first Wistful Bliss CD. Everybody has that. Come on and show me your mom's CD already," Katherine demanded.

Juliet rolled her eyes and stood up from her crouched position. "That is it. My mommy was the lead singer of Wistful Bliss," she said proudly.

Katherine's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Your mom is 'the Ginny', the same Ginny who broke up with one of the cutest wizards ever..." She quickly covered her mouth from her slip of information. "I shouldn't have said that," she said weakly.

"Who did my mommy break up with?" Juliet demanded.

"I broke up with someone?" questioned Virginia by the door, and looked the two of them curiously. "What's going on in here?"

Katherine rushed over Virginia and grinned, "Ms. Weasley, can I have you're autograph? I'm a huge fan!"

"Mommy," Juliet said solemnly, "Who did you break up with when you were still in Wistful Bliss?"

Virginia stopped smiling and began to fidget with her ring. "Katherine, I thinks it time you go home."

Katherine understood and walked towards the fireplace on the far side of the wall. Grabbing a pinch of floo powder, she threw it amongst the flames and yelled, "Potter household."

Once their guest was gone, Virginia went towards her daughter and hugged her tightly. She wasn't going to tell her yet until she was older, or when both their lives reached some sort of normality. But Juliet had finally asked the one question that she had dreaded since her daughter's birth. It wasn't just an old school crush that was soon replaced by another. He was different from her very short list of boyfriends and pained her to just think of him, even if she had done it continuously for the past eight years...

"Are you okay, Mommy?" asked Juliet worriedly as she tugged at her mother's silk sleeve.

Virginia walked by the bedside table and pulled out a small object. She waved her hand towards the girl to come closer.

"I want you to touch this, and describe the owner of this object," said Virginia slowly.

Juliet did as she was told and cautiously touched the seemingly ordinary watch. Once she had done so, a fuzzy image appeared under her closed eyelids. "I see a rather tall man... He's pretty pale, and slim. And he has hair like," she paused and looked at her mother is surprise, "Is this my father's watch?"

Virginia nodded her head, a sad smile etched on her face. "Would you like to hear about his and my past?"

"Really? Of course!" Juliet said and jumped onto the comfy bed. Virginia did the same and pulled out an old photo album.

"Tell me the story of your heart," smiled Juliet as she cuddled next to her mother.

Virginia turned to the first page of the worn-out photo album. A large picture of two grinning teenagers greeted her, bringing back the memories of her past. Juliet stared in awe as her mother's younger self blew her a kiss while her father had a glint of happiness shining through his silvery gray eyes.

"It all started during my fourth year in Hogwarts. Your father, Draco, was in his fifth year," began Virginia as she fingered Draco's face lightly, her eyes beginning to water at the very sight of him. "I never talked to him, although he was a known enemy to your Uncle Ron. Draco was unlike all the other boys I knew, and he scared me for what he was, for he was a Malfoy..."

"But Mommy," whined Juliet as she rested her head on a pillow, "I'm a Malfoy too!"

"And don't I know it," she replied sarcastically and grinned.

"Anyway, how'd you meet? Was it love at first sight?"

Virginia coughed, "I wouldn't exactly say that. Let's just say we weren't the best of friends."

Juliet nodded her head in excitement, "Well go on. Tell me everything!"

"Yes, of course! Now back to my memorable fourth year. It all started when..."

~~~~~

Ginny packed up her books and rushed out the door. She had only four minutes to get to her next class, which was on the other side of the castle. The rest of her fellow Gryffindors headed one way, while she the other. No one else from her year seemed interested in taking Healing Studies. Not that many people knew of it, nor cared. It mostly involved the use of potions, and sometimes the use of wandless magic.

She took a sharp left from the dark hallway and heard a voice of an angel. She stood in place and listened to the soft voice as it sang a sad tune, moving her to tears. She could barely hear the words, so she walked towards the voice as if in a trance. The sweet voice drew her in like a Siren, a drug she couldn't get enough of.

The voice became louder with each step, her eyes straining to see who had this amazing talent. She finally spotted several figures hidden within the shadows, each playing an instrument. But there was only one that was singing... There stood Draco Malfoy, his smooth and melodic voice made her think twice of who he really was. How could such a cold-hearted person possess such an amazing voice? All she ever heard him use it for was to hex her brother or one of her brother's friends.

Draco stopped singing though, to her dismay, and glared at her direction. "Whoever is out there, show yourself."

A person would think that with a voice like that, the person would be a kind and gentle creature, not someone of Draco Malfoy's stature. But not everything was what it seemed to be.

She had a choice: run until she got to her next class, which she was already late for, or she could obey his command... Without much thought, she turned around and simply ran. She ran away from the usually deserted hallway, away from the students who had the gift of music, but most definitely away from those silver eyes that she could feel piercing her back.

~~~~~

"So why was Father in the hallway singing?" asked Juliet.

Virginia shrugged, "I guess he just likes to sing. I like to sing myself."

She checked her watch, groaning. Ron was coming over with his family for dinner and she needed to prepare everything. "I'll tell you more later, Julie. Uncle Ron, Aunt Padma, and your cousins are coming over for dinner."

Juliet pouted once she heard this, "Can't you just tell me some more? Please?"

Virginia looked at her daughter sternly. "I need to set up dinner, and I don't need to hear nagging. Why don't you make yourself useful and set up the table." It wasn't a question, but a command.

"Why don't you tell me the rest of your story and I'll make dinner for us?" she suggested hopefully.

Virginia smiled down at her daughter. "How 'bout not? You can't even make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!" she joked merrily.

Juliet pouted, "Mommy, you're being mean."

She winked back, "I know."

They walked out the door, hand in hand, to raid the kitchen. Juliet set up the simple table as she was told, while Virginia was busy looking over several boiling kettles. Both thought about the past, and what was to happen in the future. Just then, the doorbell rang. Virginia patted down her wild mane and made her way to the door. She smiled to see the faces of her brother's family.

"Hey Ron, Padma, Susie, John, Harry, and little Hannah," Virginia said in one breath. She kissed all of their rosy cheeks and moved out of the way, welcoming them in. "Dinner is just about done." She then turned her direction to her nieces and nephews. "Why don't you go play with your cousin now?"

The children nodded their heads and rushed towards Juliet's bedroom.

Virginia shut the door and sighed. Padma rushed towards the kitchen, while Ron looked at his only sister worriedly. "What's wrong Ginny? You could have just told us that you weren't feeling well. I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind..."

She just waved him off. "I'm fine Ron. Today has been what I had dreaded the most, and it's hard to believe that it went so smoothly."

Ron smiled. "You dreaded to see your older brother? I'm hurt."

Virginia slapped his arm playfully. "Only by a year. I meant that I finally told Julie about her father." She grinned as she saw Ron's reaction.

"Virginia! How could you tell her that she's related to that creep? She's too young to know! Why, if she was my daughter, I would..."

"You would what, Ron?" she asked coldly.

Ron blushed at his antics. "Nothing. I would do nothing."

She smirked, "Exactly what I thought. Come on, dinner should be ready by now."

Ron quickly agreed and both walked towards the kitchen. They were greeted with Padma pouring the soup into everyone's bowl. She looked up from her task and smiled at them.

"Hope you guys caught up in everything. This soup looks delicious, Virginia."

Virginia grinned at the compliment. "Thanks, Padma. Hopefully it tastes just as good."

The children came in and soon sat in their rightful places. Juliet ate as quickly as she could. Her theory was that the faster she ate, the faster she could hear the rest of the story. Virginia on the other hand took her time. She could tell her daughter was excited though.

"So Mom, when do I get to see Father?"

Virginia spat out her soup. "What?"

Juliet peered at her curiously and pouted, "I want to see Dad."

Everyone watched silently as Virginia shook her head vigorously. "We can't, Dear. I lost touch of him after all these years. Plus, I can't bare to face him again."

"Fine," came Juliet's curt reply, while smiling as if she was in on a private joke.

Virginia knew that smile. It was the same smile that Draco would always have before he caused mischief...

She stood up from her seat and placed the dirty dishes in the sink. Juliet did the same thing, and followed her mother to the master bedroom. The rest of the Weasley's looked at each other confusedly, but continued to eat.

Meanwhile, Virginia shoved the photo album back in its place. She yanked at her thermal blanket, and wrapped herself under its warmth. This is what she needed, just to relax... It was short lived however, when Juliet began to jump on the bed.

Virginia moaned in frustration as she placed a pillow over her head. Juliet began to jump even higher, all the while singing out of tune to one of the songs from her old Wistful Bliss CD.

"Leave me alone
within twenty minutes
you'll run to yer phone
what am I talkin' about?
just wait and see
within that twenty minutes
you'll think it's all a dream
u might think I'm happy
but do u really care?
I have a secret to tell u
a secret I must share..."

"Juliet! Stop it before I ground you!" Virginia yelled out in frustration.

"Only if you continue the story," Juliet replied stubbornly.

Virginia sat up and glared at her daughter, who acted so much like her father, that it was scary at times. "I'll tell the rest now, but you have to promise to behave in the morning."

"I promise!" she replied chirpily.

Virginia rolled her eyes as she hugged her daughter tightly. "Let's say goodbye to everyone then. They must be wondering where we went off to." Juliet frowned but had no choice but to agree.

"The food was great Ginny. Hopefully we could do this some other time," grinned Padma as she shuffled her children out the door.

"Yeah, just so you could have a break from cooking," Virginia replied dryly.

"You know my mind so well!" Padma laughed, "Just remember we're going shopping with the rest of the girls."

"Yes, of course. Goodbye now!" She closed the door and leaned against it. Closing her eyes, she stood there. That is, until Juliet pulled at her sleeve.

"Mommy, you promised! Tell me the rest now!"

"Fine." Virginia entered the decent-sized living room and laid down on the love seat. Juliet made herself comfy on a nearby chair and waited for her mother to continue.

Virginia continued on about her past, "My healing class was just about normal, except for the fact that I was thirty minutes late. I was headed to the Great Hall for lunch..."

~~~~~

She treaded towards lunch, her feet sounding too loud for her liking. She hated lunch, and dinner, and even breakfast out of the whole school day. It wasn't that she didn't like to eat, she just felt left out all the time. She faced the fact; she had no friends. She hanged out with her brother's friends once in awhile, but she knew that they found her to be a quiet pest.

Entering the Great Hall, she was greeted with the whole school, everyone sitting with their own cliques. Not her though. She made her way towards the girls in her year and sat next to one of them. The girl in turn unconsciously scooted away from her.

This was her life, and she hated it with a passion. But the poor 'Weasley girl' held no passion. As some would call her, she was just a doll that never spoke, nor held any emotions. It wasn't true though. She always felt the pain, the fear, and the loneliness...

Dozens of owls flew overhead. No one would ever send her an owl. Everyone deemed her unimportant to take the time to write her a letter. If anything happened at home, they would always send it to Ron, who would then relay the message to her.

But today wasn't like all the other days. She was surprised to see a rolled up parchment on her plate. Grabbing hold of it anxiously, she unrolled it and read.

Dear Miss Weasley,
You are cordially invited to the screening of Wistful Bliss.
When: Tonight at 8pm
Where: At the 4th floor.
Let the music guide you...

~Members of Wistful Bliss

PS. bring no one with you, and don't tell a soul about this.
PPS. Hope you liked what you heard before... Next time, don't run away.

She blushed as she read the final line. So they knew who she was. She looked up to see several letters that looked just like hers. Their owners were from all the different houses, except hers. No one else from Gryffindor held the letter. If she hadn't spied on the group, she wouldn't have gotten the invitation. She was glad that she did. Finally, she was in on something that her brother and his friends didn't know about. She was going, no matter what...

She got up from her seat and walked out of the hall. Someone else did the same and brushed up against her body, sending shivers down her spine.

"I hope to see you there, Virginia," the low voice whispered softly in her ear.

She gulped and nodded her head dumbly. The voice chuckled and his presence was gone. She looked up at the retreating figure to see the back of Draco Malfoy, all around bad boy. She took a deep breath and continued on to her next class, but a certain Slytherin filled her thoughts throughout the day.

~~~

Too long. Too short. All of them worn out. Ginny glared at her wardrobe with great dislike. Everyone else had pretty cloths, always adding on each year with the new fashions. Not her though. Every single garment that she owned was mostly from the second hand stores.

She shoved the rest of her clothing back in her truck and flopped on top of her bed. She had less than an hour till the screening, and she didn't know what to wear.

"Need help, Ginny?" asked the kind voice of Patricia Norwood. She stood just outside the room, peering at Ginny worriedly.

Ginny jumped as she heard the voice. She scrutinized Patricia's figure, then slowly smiled. "Actually, I do. Can you lend me some of your cloths for tonight? Please?"

Patricia gave her an all-knowing smile, "Going on a date now, are we? Of course you could. Just give me all the details later," she said, her deep brown eyes twinkling. She walked towards her large truck and quickly opened it. She shuffled through several of her possessions, but finally brought out a breath-taking green dress.

"It's perfect!" Ginny said in awe.

"I know," grinned Patricia as she threw it towards her. Ginny caught it and felt the smooth fabric. It was one of the softest and silkiest fabrics that she had ever felt before in her life. It slid through her hands like water and onto her lap.

"Thank you so much, Patricia!"

"No prob. Deep green isn't really my color. You can keep it if you want. I have no use for it," Patricia said warmly.

Ginny wanted to be in Patricia's shoes. Everyone knew she was rich, although she would always say she wasn't. Oh, how she wished she could give away very expensive cloths without a single thought; to have money that she could spend without worrying if she spent too much...

Patricia folded the remaining cloths neatly into her trunk and closed it carefully. "I better finish the rest of my homework now. Have fun, Ginny. You deserve it."

"Thanks. See you later, Patricia," Ginny replied shyly.

Ginny quickly changed into the dress and surveyed herself in the mirror. Her face looked plain, and she was too skinny for her liking. "I need makeup..." She eyed the eye shadow and lip gloss of her other roommates. "They wouldn't mind if I use a tiny bit..." She applied shimmering green eye shadow and a touch of gloss on her lips. Satisfied, she walked out of her room and towards the fourth floor.

She met up with several people who were going to the private screening as well. She walked with Jasmine, a Ravenclaw, and several Hufflepuffs. All of them chattered about what to expect, and if the group was any good.

They clambered up the stone steps until they finally reached the fourth floor. Others were already there, moving about confusedly.

"What's going on?" Jasmine asked a nearby Ravenclaw.

"Dunno. Nobody seems to know what the invitation was about. And it said to follow music, but we can't hear any."

Ginny strained her ears to hear anything at all, but all that she heard were the voices of everyone around her. She looked around the crowd to see if there was anyone that she knew. And then she saw, or more likely, heard him. At first, it was soft and barely audible. Then, it became louder and angrier.

Everyone stopped their aimless chattering and listened expectantly. They all grinned and slowly as a group, followed the music as was told. Some hummed to the music, while others stained silently to listen. Ginny did none of these, but began to outright sing. How she knew the lyrics, she didn't know, but she could have sworn she had heard the song before.

Then there they were, five figures all playing instruments, and Draco Malfoy strumming the guitar. He eyed the crowd coolly and stopped singing.

"We're Wistful Bliss," he said.

"Ya, and we're a band," said a dark-haired girl with a bit too much eye glitter.

"And we were waiting for all of you." Draco eyed the crowd and rested his eyes on her.

"We're also looking for a lead singer. Miss Weasley could audition first," he smirked.

"Me?" Ginny squeaked nervously as she backed away from him. He caught her arm and pulled her towards the band.

The girl with too much eye glitter grinned, "It'll be just fine. Just sing the words."

Ginny began to shake nervously. "What words?'

Another boy with long hair draped around his shoulders waved his wand; making words appear out of thin air. "Those words," he said simply.

Was she going to go through this? Of course she was. She needed to prove it to herself, as well as everyone here. She was an okay singer, but not the greatest. And if she messed up, a few memory charms were in order. She giggled at her last thought.

She stood in front of the 'band' and faced the crowd. All the students' faces looked at her expectantly. Taking a deep breath, she listened to the intro music. She sighed in relief. It was a Muggle song, and one of her favorites too!

"It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't stay all my life down at heel
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun

So I chose freedom
Running around, trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to..."

"You're the new singer for Wistful Bliss," he said nonchalantly.

She stopped singing and gaped at him, "I can't sing. I'm not a good singer like you. You're supposed to be the singer." She blurted out, stating the obvious.

"No, Ginny," said a girl by the name of Audrey, "You really are great. You sing like an angel."

"But we don't play those types of songs. We play rock." Another band member with wavy brown hair, wearing a very short skirt.

"But we made an exception for tonight," a rather cute boy behind the drums added in.

Ginny sat on the ground in a stupor. How did she get into this mess? She was too scared to actually stand in front of a huge crowd... But didn't she do just that? And why was she still here?

Slowly getting up, she swiped her dress to get rid of the dust, and bolted. She was blocked, however, with one very muscled body blocking her path.

"Now, now, Weasley. Didn't I tell you not to run away again?" grinned Draco.

"Draco," she looked up at him pleadingly, "I can't possibly be in a band. I'm..." She didn't get a chance to finish because she fainted dead away.

~~~~~

"What should we do?" she heard a muffled voice say.

"I dunno. We can't just leave her here," another voice, more feminine, replied.

Who were they talking about? She felt the smooth material of a couch, and her head was resting on someone's lap... Her eyes quickly opened and jumped up into a seating position. She glanced around the room nervously, unsure as to where she was.

As if reading her thoughts, the person she had just used as a pillow spoke up, "You're in the Ravenclaw common room. You fainted just a few minutes ago."

She faced the voice, which was the cute drummer from before, and blushed, "I guess I better get going now."

She stood up, only to be dragged back down again. "Stay awhile. If you're going to be the new singer, we should at least know the basics about each other."

"Basics? Like what?" she asked, confused.

"What he means," said the brown-haired girl with the very short skirt, "is that we should tell each other our names, year, house... That sort of thing."

Ginny fidgeted with the ring on her right hand and bit her lower lip. "Well, my name is Virginia Weasley, but everyone calls me Ginny. I'm a 4th Year and in the Gryffindor house..."

"My turn! I'm Sammy and I'm obviously in Ravenclaw. I'm a fifth Year, and I'll be the one who backs you up," Sammy said enthusiastically.

"Adrian, sixth Year, Ravenclaw, drummer," he said, bored.

"You already seem to know Draco. He was going to be the lead singer, but he only wants to be backup. He also plays the guitar and is the emcee," giggled Sammy.

Ginny soaked in the facts that she just learned. They both assumed she actually wanted to be in their group.

"But you do know that I can't be in your band, right?"

"Why?" Sammy asked with absolute horror on her face.

"Can't or won't?" Adrian folded his arms and looked at her questioningly.

Ginny began to feel light headed and dizzy. Blackness began to seep onto the outer corners of her eyes. Anxiousness filled her mind, her hands beginning to sweat profusely. She needed to get out of here, and fast. He only asked her a simple question, so why was she panicking over it? Oh how she hated confrontations.

Sammy and Adrian looked at her worriedly, all thoughts of the band now gone.

"You don't look well Ginny," Adrian said as he felt her forehead. "You seem to have a normal temperature."

Sammy walked briskly over to the small Ravenclaw bookcase and grabbed a heavy book. "Describe how you feel Ginny," she ordered as she shifted through the pages.

She didn't get a chance to answer though, since she fainted once again.

~~~~~~

She blinked her eyes several times as she adjusted to the bright light. She was lying on a bed instead of the couch, with her back supported by large mounds of pillows. Adrian and Sammy were there, as well as Draco and two others.

"This is starting to get old," the girl with too much eye shadow said jokingly. "I'm Victoria by the way, but I prefer to go by Tory. Oh yeah, he's Johnny." she said and pointed to the brown haired boy.

Johnny nodded his head and brushed away his long brown strands from his deep brown eyes. "We're both in Hufflepuff and we have double Transfiguration with you."

Ginny nodded her head dumbly and said nothing. She was in no mood to speak.

"Adrian says you don't want to join the band. Is this true?" Draco arched an eyebrow in her direction.

She nodded.

"Is something wrong with your voice?" he asked, his patience running low.

She shook her head in reply.

"Please join Ginny!" Adrian said, putting on his sad puppy dog face.

Ginny seemed to hesitate, but finally spoke, "I guess so..."

Everyone smiled once they heard this.

"Does this happen often Ginny?" Tory asked, "Because if it does, it won't make positive media for the band. Maybe you shouldn't be in it."

"Why? Just because she faints once or twice, you already want to kick her out? Just give her a chance," Sammy interjected.

"But we want to be successful. Ginny could be our downfall," Johnny argued.

Draco frowned at all of them. "Enough of this nonsense. Ginny will get better from whatever is ailing her, and then we do our first big gig."

"Which is?" Sammy asked curiously.

Adrian answered for her, "Draco managed to have the whole school arrange a masquerade ball before all the students go home for the holidays. We'll be performing of course."

"Brilliant Draco! I could just kiss you right now!" grinned Tory as she kissed Draco's pale cheek.

Johnny coughed as he put his arm around Tory's waist possessively.

"Don't show public signs of affection. It might be a negative thing for all the fans if they know we're taken," Sammy scolded good-naturedly. Adrian held her hand tightly and smiled.

"Maybe we should all leave and give Ginny some peace. I'm pretty sure she's tired from all of our questions," Draco suggested as stood up from the plastic chair and made his way towards the door. "Feel better Ginny. We need to start practicing soon."

The rest of them said their farewells and left as well. She was left to ponder the day's events. That was until Madame Pomfrey came back with a tray full of food.

"It seems you haven't been eating and sleeping that much lately. Eat everything up and get a good night's rest. I'll check up on you in the morning." Madame Pomfrey handed over the tray full of leftovers from dinner.

Ginny picked up a piece of fried chicken and chewed thoughtfully. So she was in a band, and it didn't seem too bad. She calmed down her raging nerves and let loose. There was no reason to be scared. She might have to sing in front of the whole school, but it might actually be fun. If only she could sing as beautifully as Draco. Then she wouldn't have to feel so intimidated. Draco was much better than her when it came to singing, and it was that tiny fact that she didn't want to join. Actually, Draco was better than her in all aspects. He's one of the smartest students in his year, he's a prefect, and he's rich, handsome...

Adrian wasn't that bad either. He seemed a bit dull, though, but she was the queen of dull. Except for today, she was just a nervous wreck. If Adrian didn't have a girlfriend (she noticed how he looked at Sammy), she would quickly go out with him. But would he want her? Would anyone want her to be their girlfriend?

And shouldn't all lead singers be pretty and glamorous? She was just a boring girl with hair that's too red and way too many freckles on her face. Tory and Sammy were both beautiful in there own way and she was just plain.

Madame Pomfrey walked back in and tsked at her patient, "No wonder you've been fainting. More eating, less daydreaming. Is that understood?"

Ginny nodded her head as she jammed a mouthful of buttered peas in her mouth.

"That's a girl! You'll just stay for the night and go back to classes in the morning. Night, Miss Weasley."

Ginny nodded her head as she stuffed more peas into her mouth. Her stomach groaned from the lack of food, so she had no choice but to obey her hunger.

~~~~~~

Everything seemed to go by normally for the rest of the week. Whenever she passed by one of the band members, they would say 'hello' and be off with their own agenda. She saw Draco once though, and all he did was smirk at her in a funny way. She had a bad feeling that they were all up to something. Why else had they not told her yet of when and where was and practice? If she remembered correctly, they wanted to start practice as a full band right away...

Ginny sat amidst the Gryffindors in the common room. There was no classes that day, and had nothing to do but to read a very long book. She loved long books, especially romance, so it would keep her usually astray mind focused on something.

Harry Potter, with an unusual look on his face, entered the common room and examined each and every person. His green eyes finally landed on her, and walked briskly towards her. He looked a bit peeved, and maybe confused about something as well.

"Ginny, I need to talk to you privately for a sec," he said as he closed Ginny's book and yanked her up into a standing position.

Ginny stayed silent and waited for Harry to speak. "A suspicious group just asked me to get you for them," he began. Her eyes widened. She had been about to go meet them until Harry touched her shoulder. He took a deep breath and began to speak once again, "They don't seem to be conventional, if you know what I mean. But that doesn't really bother me. It seems Draco Malfoy is part of this little get-together."

She sighed. She just knew her brother's friends would object to the band once they found out Draco Malfoy was in it.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" he asked cautiously.

Would she? She wasn't about to explain what she did in her life to him. "I got to go, Harry," she said, avoiding his angry glare. She walked out of the portrait and was greeted with the smiling faces of the band members.

"Guess what we're all doing today?" Tory said excitedly.

Sammy answered for her, "We're having a make over! It's going to be so much fun. And we also get to choose your style. That plain good girl image has got to go."

"And I'll pay for everything Weasley, so don't worry about money," Draco said nonchalantly.

With a makeover, she might be able to become beautiful. Or maybe she was beyond helping and would always be ugly. But she was a girl, after all, and it sounded great.

"When do we go?" she asked and grinned.

"Now!" Sammy laughed as she hooked arms with her. Tory did the same with her other arm.

She looked at them bewildered, "Now? Are we going to one of your common rooms or something?"

"You think we're doing each other's makeup? I don't think so! We're going down to Hogsmeade and meeting a professional," said Tory.

With that said, the group sneaked out of the school and walked towards the small town of Hogsmeade. The boys were fooling around, while the girls talked excitedly on what to expect.

Soon enough, the reached a red brick house. Ginny looked at the house dubiously. Weren't they supposed to go to a salon or something of that sort?

Sammy recognized her confused face and giggled, "The makeup artist is privately run. Only the stars and the very rich are her clients. Since we're gonna be stars, we got an appointment."

"As well as the fact that we got several rich snobs in our group," whispered Tory jokingly.

Sammy laughed. "I wonder who that could be. Tory," she coughed out the girl's name and ran inside the house without knocking.

"I am not a snob, Sammy! You come back here!"

The boys looked at the two of them in exasperation.

"Thank god you're not like those two. They're already enough trouble to handle," said Johnny.

"You never know... They say if you hang out with a certain person for a long time, you copy their habits and personality," she replied.

"It'll be funny," Draco said solemnly with his bright grey eyes, "if Adrian starts acting like the girls. I can just see it now."

Adrian punched Draco in the shoulder. "Shut up man. Let's just get this thing over with."

Everyone entered the small house and was greeted with Sammy, Tory, and several adults.

"Shall we begin?" asked a smiling woman as she took hold of Tory.

Several others began to pick their 'subjects' for the makeover.

A short woman wearing mismatched Muggle cloths approached her and grinned. "So you're the lead singer. We have to make you fab of course. Oh yes, I'm Dawn, and I own this place."

The two of them walked down the hallway until they entered a decent sized room with a huge mirror, a table, a chair, several various accessories, and tons of cloths! The styles were the entire trend setting type, with robes and Muggle garb.

Ginny sat of the leather chair and was faced with her reflection. She was a pale girl with thick red curls. Her dull brown eyes looked back at her with nervousness and excitement.

"Lemme see," Dawn said as she touched Ginny's wild mane. "I know! I'm gonna straighten your hair."

Pulling out a wand, she began to enchant her hair. Each curly strand became perfectly straight until there was no sign of any curls or frizz. Dawn scrutinized the figure before her and smiled once again. She made crazy motions through the air and as she did this, a piece of red locks fell to the floor.

Ginny's jaw dropped once she saw it. Her once very long hair was now several inches below her shoulders, still very straight and choppy at the end. It was pretty, but it just wasn't her style...

"Now we curl it!" Dawn said as she swirled her wand. The bottom edges of Ginny's hair began to slowly curl, leaving the rest straightened.

"Don't you look wonderful? Time for makeup!"

"Wait!" Ginny said, biting her lower lip. "Don't you think this is a little drastic?" she asked, pointing to her new hair due. "I mean, what will people think when the see me? It'll be so embarrassing..."

"You aren't very daring, are you Ginny?" Dawn said as she rummaged through a huge makeup kit.

Ginny shrugged. "I guess not. People usually don't notice me and they'll be shocked when they see the change."

Dawn ignored her last statement as she showed an object full of different colors. "You're so pale, but it goes with the hair. That's why we'll go with this ivory colored foundation. It also seems that green would be your best color. Oh, and a shimmering light pink gloss would do it."

Dawn gathered all the materials she would need and pulled out a liquid bottle full of skin colored glob. Using a sponge, she then applied liberal amounts onto her pale skin, hiding away any imperfections. It was then that she painted her face with greens, gold, and pinks. After what seemed like forever, Dawn stepped back and marveled at her work.

Ginny did the same and gasped. That was her? She was beautiful! She reached out to touch the flawless image of herself but met glass. Just as she was about to stroke her pretty face, Dawn moved her hand.

"Don't touch it! I haven't put the ever-lasting charm yet!" she warned.

"You mean I'll stay like this forever?" Ginny said in wonder as she kept on looking at herself.

"Don't be a Narcissus. That only means that it stays perfect for whenever you want to look like this again. It's sorta like a template. All you do is say the charm to get this perfect image of you again. Get the gist of it?"

Ginny nodded her head; although she had no clue what Dawn had just told her. Something about templates, or what not. But what exactly did that have to do with her makeup?

"Come on Ginny. We aren't done yet," Dawn said after she whispered some sort of unknown charm, "We still got to dress you up like the rock singer that you are!"
Leave a Review