Sometimes I think that a true love can never be

I just believe that somehow it wasn't meant to me

Life can be cruel in a way that I can't explain

And I don't think that I could face it all again

I barely know you but somehow I know what you're about

A deeper love I've found in you, and I no longer doubt

You've touched my heart and it altered every plan I've made

And now I feel that I don't have to be afraid





They gathered around the fireplace and quickly disappeared within the eerie green fire.



Narcissa Malfoy lounged in front of the fireplace, her emotionless dolled up face stared at the warm flames in an uncaring manner. She scrutinized the charred pieces of wood, and the outer bark sizzling off and burning away to a fine, black soot. Even her husband, who had nothing to do for the evening, looked dully at the hungry flames, as he sipped slowly on a glass of red wine.

It was a typical evening for the both of them, much to their dismay. Social events always happened on the special FSSes. In other terms, Fridays, Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays. She didn't work, only walked around the manor like a ghost, or went to go shopping at London. Lucius had long since retired from his position from the ministry.

Yes, it was utterly boring for the both of them. After feasting on a spectacular dinner, they'd enter the study, and sit before the fireplace until the embers burned out. (She would usually douse the flames with water if it got too late into the evening. Such a tedious task for a lady such as herself.)

They were a sullen couple. Hardly any words were spoken between themselves. It was like that every single day when it came to the weekdays. Being rich surely was a good thing, but having nothing to do was rather... boring.

Her interest peaked as she noticed a green spark. Soon enough, the flames leaped out at the Malfoy couple, surprising the both of them. The two of them jumped out of their seats and backed away from the roaring fire, and stared in bewilderment as a child stumbled into the room. The child was wearing Muggle clothing, much to her husband's horror. To her disgust, she stared at her beautiful wooden floor, now tarnished with sooty footprints. "Oh dear..."

The girl brushed off her purple pastel dress, adding on to the pile of soot on the ground. It was then that she took notice of the two of them and smiled.

"How do you do?" she greeted them, grinning widely. "My name's Juliet Malfoy."

Lucius scowled at the girl. I was expecting it sooner or later. Imagine, an old man glaring at the poor, lost little girl in the middle of our study.

"That's obviously a lie. My cousin Donnis, doesn't have any children, least all a little girl who wears tasteless clothing. Besides him, I have no other relatives." He sneered as he scrutinized the child's outfit.

She was just a little girl, and Narcissa could tell the dress was pretty expensive, despite the fact it was Muggle-made. "Lucius dear, please lighten up," she said, touching his shoulder lightly.

"Nuh-uh," the girl, Juliet, said to Lucius. "I'm definitely related to you. Otherwise, Daddy wouldn't have told me to come here."

"Where exactly are your parents, dear?" Narcissa asked kindly, eyeing Juliet's familiar looking blonde hair. She was certain, this girl was a Malfoy. She couldn't possibly be... No. Impossible. Draco wasn't even married.

Before Juliet could respond, another person stepped out of the fireplace, giving her husband a near heart attack. She too was surprised. In all her years, she had never thought she'd see the day when a Weasley would step into their Manor.

"Just to let you know," the female Weasley said, "he forced me to come." She pointed accusingly at the fireplace, which Draco soon appeared out of.

Narcissa plopped onto the nearest chair, eyeing their unexpected visitors.

"Glad to see you too, Mum," Draco said to her teasingly. His smile disappeared as he looked at the direction of his father. "Father, I need to ask you a favor."

Lucius stared at the Weasley woman. "What is she doing here? And who is that girl? Is she your illegitimate child Draco?"

Juliet stuck her tongue out at Lucius, then sat on Narcissa's lap, much to her shock.

"Hi Grandma," she whispered to Narcissa, then giggled softly.

Lucius overheard and gaped. Narcissa simply fainted in her chair.

"Is this about money?" Lucius asked dryly.

Draco shook his head.

Lucius looked at them skeptically. "If it's not money, then what is it then?"

"Aren't you even going to ask why we're all here?" Draco said, slightly peeved. Things weren't going as planned. He'd pictured screaming and objects being tossed across the room. He usually was never wrong.

Lucius calmly took a seat on the leather couch. "I'm guessing you secretly married Weasley, had a daughter, and decided just now to tell us."

"Well, not quite," Virginia said. "Juliet is our daughter, but we're not married."

"Yet," Draco interrupted her.

She nodded her head nervously. "Draco and I were hoping to have a few hours to ourselves. It would be a great way to get to know your grand daughter..."

"Wait," Lucius said, horror etched onto his face. "You're leaving the brat with us?!"

"Lucius!" Narcissa said, waking up from her shocked state. "Don't speak that way about our granddaughter."

He scowled in response.

"You go on Draco and leave Juliet with us. We'll take good care of her."

Virginia stared dubiously at the beautiful woman. "Are you sure?"

Narcissa waved her off, "Of course I am. I promise not to let Lucius curse her, which I'm sure he's trying to restrain from doing." She glanced at Lucius and glared. "We'd be more than happy to watch your little girl."

"Wait a second Grandma," Juliet warned, "I am NOT a little girl. Where did that misconception come from? I'm already eight!"

"Of course dear," she said, admiring her adorable grandchild.

***************

"So, that went rather well," Virginia said, wrapping her hand into his own cold one. "Strangely well in fact."

"Yes, it did," he agreed.

"Almost too well. Did your mother act a bit, odd to you?"

"You never even met my mother before," he stated dully.

"I've seen her a few times though. She has that whole cold aura going on."

"And I don't?"

"You're just like a teddy bear, waiting to be hugged," she answered.

"I resent that you know."

"I know," she smiled. Anyways, what are we going to do now?"

Draco smirked, "Kiss and make up?"

"You mean make out, right?" she smiled innocently back at him, yet a look of mischief crossed her face.

"Hmm," Draco put his other hand under his chin, his expression thoughtful. "Let me think about that. How about hell yes?"

Virginia laughed. "I feel as if we're back at Hogwarts, don't you? I hardly ever get free time to myself."

"We just got to start changing that now, huh?" Draco said.

Virginia stopped in her tracks. "You're not going to take my baby away from me."

"That's not what I meant."

"Good, it better not be," she replied sourly.

"It never even crossed my mind, " he smiled sweetly back at her, then tugged at her arm. Both continued to walk towards the restaurant.

"Draco, what are we going to do? With us, with Juliet..." Virginia said uncertainly.

He kissed the top of her head. "I know it would only just be wishful thinking if I said I wanted to start where we last left off..."

"Oh yeah. Too much has changed. People change, I changed, and from the looks of it, you've changed as well."

He nodded, "But I never stopped loving you Virginia." He peered into her brown eyes, making her heart melt.

"I really don't know what to tell you Draco but... I hurt me badly in the past."

He looked about to protest, but Virginia quickly silenced him.

"Not physically of course, but mentally. How do I know you won't hurt me again?" She looked at him questioningly, truly expecting a heart felt answer.

"That's the thing Virginia," he said, voice sounding slightly bitter, "You don't. I apologize for my previous actions."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Aww come on Ginny!" he whined. She took notice of her old nickname. He hardly ever called her Ginny. Virginia mostly, and Weasley when he was angry at her.

"I'm supposed to have this bad boy image going on here. What will the fans say when they hear Draco Malfoy apologizing to a beautiful mystery woman in the sidewalk?"

A flash went off, then quickly followed footsteps running away from them. It looked like the journalist had one juicy story to tell for tomorrow's headlines.

"Shit," he cursed. He stared off at the shadowy person's direction. "I blurt something stupid out, and look what happens? The manager is gonna kill me."

Virginia took on a intimidating pose, with her hand on her hip. "And what about me Draco? I gave up this kind of life. I swear, if I see my face on any magazines..."

He smirked. "You haven't read today's paper, have you?"

"Can't say I have. Why?" She grew worried at his fully smiling face.

"Dear Virginia, I don't really remember my drunk stupor, but upon stumbling out of a bar, a ' mesmerizing red head sweeps Prince Charming off his feet, dragging him to some unknown location.' Well, that's what was written in the magazine anyway."

She bit the bottom part of her lip. "Please tell me your joking," she said. "You must be joking. Only you would call yourself Prince Charming. You're hardly charming, what with that terrible attitude of yours."

He rolled his eyes. "Let's just get to the restaurant and discuss everything there, okay?"

"So even more people will overhear us, right?"

"For god's sakes woman, we'll get a private little corner or something," he responded, dragging her down the sidewalk, despite her screaming.
Leave a Review