Chapter 16
Confrontation: B

One Week Later

Ginny Weasley sat in her N.E.W.T. level History of Magic class, wondering for the umpteenth time just how in Merlin’s name she had gotten in. Ah well, she sighed, laying her head down on the desk. At least she now had a class she could sleep through. She stared at the window just centimeters from her face and watched the October rain lash against the glass. She loved rain. If she hadn’t been stuck inside N.E.W.T. level History of Magic, there was a good chance that she would’ve been outside. She considered this for a moment. No, that was lie. It was too cold outside. Suddenly something, or rather someone, was poking her arm.

“Hmm?” she hummed. Cassie poked harder.

Ginny yelped, sitting up and glaring at her dormmate. A few half-asleep students sent glares her way, before returning to their slumber.

“What?” she hissed. “I was almost asleep!”

“How was I supposed to know that?” the blue eyed girl grumbled.

Ginny shook her head. “Mind explaining why you decided to suddenly abuse my arm?”

Cassie looked a bit confused for a moment. “Huh? Oh! Oh yeah. What do we have due in Potions today?”

“Um,” Ginny thought back, trying to remember the assignment. “Oh, that essay. Why?”

Cassie furrowed her brow. “What essay?”

Ginny almost grinned. Truth be told, Cassie was hopeless in everything but Potions. No wonder she liked it so much.

“The essay Slughorn assigned two weeks ago.”

Cassie groaned and let her head hit the desk with a loud ‘thump.’ Some more students sent glares their way.

“You forgot.”

“Of course I did!” She suddenly sat up straight, hair mussed and eyes lit. “Wait, isn’t Slughorn leaving today?”

Ginny nodded, resting her head again. “He’s going to that International Conference thing. How he can just leave at a time like this is beyond me. But how is that going to help you?”

Cassie put her elbow on the desk, propping up her head. “Ah, you see my red haired friend, he’s probably going to be in such a rush trying to leave, that he’s going to forget all about the assignment. And maybe he’s not really leaving for some conference.”

“I doubt he’s going to forget about the essay,” Ginny said. “And what do you mean he might not be leaving for some conference?”

Cassie shrugged. “Maybe he’s going to help with the War.”

The word ‘war’ had now become capitalized in everyone’s mind and speech.

Ginny frowned. “I don’t think so.”

“Why not?”

“He just doesn’t seem the type.”

“Well, are he and Dumbledore friends?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Well,” Cassie continued. “What do you know about him?”

Cassie’s intense questioning was beginning to make Ginny feel uncomfortable.

“Not much, really,” she admitted.

The dark haired girl nodded wisely. “Then get to know more about someone before judging them.”

She paused, nodded again, and lay her head down on the desk. Ginny looked at her for another moment before turning back to the frightfully interesting window. Cassie’s unusual show of seriousness had made her more than a little uncomfortable. She really rather preferred Cassie’s usual hyperactivity and nonsensical chatter. She did have a point though; maybe she had been too quick to judge Slughorn. Ginny had finally gotten comfortable on the hard, cold desk, when of course, the bell rang.

She groaned, but nonetheless got up and began to pack her things. Cassie stood by the desk waiting for her, looking for all the world like a puppy. A black Labrador, she mused. She grinned as they swept out of the room.

“What’s so funny?” Cassie asked.

Ginny shook her head. “Nothing.”

Cassie shrugged. “Slughorn’s leaving right at the beginning of class, right?”

“Mmhmm,” Ginny affirmed. “He’s going to have some seventh year looking after the class while he’s gone.”

Cassie sniggered. “Wonder what poor soul he’s going to leave us to.”

The two Gryffindor girls walked into the Potions dungeon and took their usual seats in the front just as the bell rang. Ginny sat down and dropped her overweight bag on the ground. She was convinced that her books were growing heavier with every passing hour. Possibly stealing food off her plate at meal times.

She looked up at Professor Slughorn, who seemed quite apprehensive. The rotund professor kept bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet and his eyes were darting everywhere. Odd behavior for the Potions professor. Ginny looked over at her dormmate with raised eyebrows. Cassie shrugged in response.

“Good morning,” he said, his voice forcedly jovial. “As you all know, I will be leaving in just a few minutes. Just as soon as my temporary replacement arrives. I’m leaving you in the hands a very capable seventh year student.”

At that moment, the door to the dungeon cracked open and all the sixth years swiveled around in their seats to see their victim.

“Ah, here he is now.”

The door swung open fully, revealing the person in the doorway. Ginny’s breath caught in her chest. A few other students seemed genuinely surprised and disappointed. This was no victim. Rather, they were now the victims.

“Mr. Malfoy will be taking my place for the next couple of weeks. I have left a potion for you to brew each day I’m gone. Mr. Malfoy will collect and store the potions at the end of each day until I return.”

During Slughorn’s speech, Draco had swept up to the front of the room, smirking at the class. The thing about N.E.W.T. classes, was that there were students from all four houses. Upon gauging the situation, the Slytherins looked delighted, while the others looked quite horrified.

“Well,” Slughorn said, sounding quite decisive. “I’ll be off then.”

As he made his way out the door, Cassie looked over at Ginny triumphantly.

“Yessss! I knew he’d forget!” she whispered happily.

“Oh, yes,” Slughorn said, poking his head back into the room. “I’d nearly forgotten. Please hand in your essays to Mr. Malfoy.”

The crestfallen look on Cassie’s face was enough to shake Ginny out of her shock and make her laugh. She dug her essay out of her bag and inadvertently looked directly at Draco. Her gaze seemed to be fixed on him.

One week. It’d been one week since she’d spoken with him. Another week in which demons were running rampant and the Warriors were sitting around idly. Well, at least the supposed co-leaders. The most horrible thing about it all, was that she hadn’t even tried to track him down. It was too exhausting. She’d dissected and analyzed every word of their encounter that she could remember, and had come up empty handed and confused. She’d confronted Draco seeking answers and got even more questions. She’d begun to feel as though she were trying to untie the Gordian knot, but apparently, she wasn’t the one to rule all Asia.

A sharp tap on the back brought her back to reality. She turned around and accepted the essays that Anthony Goldstein passed to her. Once all the essays were passed up, Draco muttered a spell, and the essays went zooming into a back room. He pocketed his wand patiently, and when he was assured that all eyes were on him, he crossed to Slughorn’s desk. He sat down in the leather chair and propped his feet up on the desk.

“Well, what are you lot staring at?” he sneered. “Get to work!”

A flutter of activity erupted in the room, as cauldrons, equipment and ingredients were being pulled out. Draco surveyed the room, obviously pleased with himself. Haughty ferret, Ginny thought vehemently.

“Geez,” Cassie said, coming back to their table with an armload of potions ingredients. Ginny looked over at her, surprised. She hadn’t even realized Cassie had left.

“What?”

Cassie raised her eyebrows and nodded at Draco. “If looks could kill…”

“He’s a sleazy bastard,” the red head spat by way of explanation. She shook her head, trying to clear it of homicidal thoughts.

Cassie gave a small laugh, and the two girls quickly got to work. In all truth, Cassie was brilliant at Potions. She was usually quite absent minded and easily distracted (she claimed to have ADD, whatever that was,) but when it came to Potions, she was really quite brilliant. She’d quickly risen to become one of Slughorn’s favorite students. Ginny herself wasn’t too bad at Potions, either. Of course, she’d never be as good as Hermione or Cassie, but years of cooking with Molly Weasley had left its mark on her. Pity it didn’t actually apply to edible things.

Within a couple of minutes, their cauldron was simmering and the two were engrossed in the task at hand. Ginny’d even forgotten about Draco in the rhythmic chopping of the potions ingredients. Sadly though, all good things must come to a rather abrupt end.

Her first indication that the Malfoy heir had gotten bored watching them was a sudden chill in the atmosphere. Not that it hadn’t been chilly before. She looked over to her left and saw Draco at the Hufflepuff table. The two Hufflepuffs looked murderous.

“That is supposed to be a potion?” Draco sneered.

“It’s not done, Malfoy,” spat the braver of the two.

“Yes, you’ve managed to ruin it before you’d even started,” he drawled.

With one last scornful look at the Hufflepuffs’ potion, Draco turned on his heel and swept to the Slytherin table.

How Snape-like, Ginny thought dryly. If they managed to live through the War, Draco had a job as a Potions professor lined up for him. He could frighten and insult a whole new generation of young witches and wizards, just as Snape did. Then again, seeing as how things were going, neither of them would probably participate in the War, let alone die in it.

She sighed and added some more ingredients to the potion. What she wouldn’t have given to find out just how the Potions lesson was going to end…

“Ginny,” Cassie called from the other side of the cauldron.

“Hmm?”

“Could you make a note that the snail shells need to be added in before the lizard tails and not after?”

“Sure.”

She put down her knife and picked up a quill. She’d just dipped it in an ink pot when it was snatched out of her hand. Gritting her teeth, she looked up.

“Malfoy.”

“Weasley.”

Cassie’s head jerked up like an animal scenting danger.

“What do you want, Malfoy?” Ginny asked, trying to keep her temper under control.

“Simply checking on everyone’s potions. After all, as Slughorn’s replacement, I’m supposed to be supervising the class,” he glanced down at her textbook. “I knew your family was dirt poor, Weasley, but couldn’t they afford to buy you some common sense, at least? I’ll lend you some for free; follow the textbook. Snail shells are added after the lizard tails.”

Ginny was shaking with fury. Usually his jibes at her family didn’t even phase her, but for the last couple of months, nothing concerning Draco went the way it ‘usually’ went. How dare he! How fucking dare he!

“Temporary replacement, Malfoy. And even with all your family’s money, I see you never did get any decency. What, did your parents keep buying you some, but your wretched soul kept rejecting it?”

The look Draco fixed her with was enough to chill bone marrow. A year ago, what she said would have been sneered at and ignored. Now though, she had crossed the line. She felt a guilt nibbling at her stomach, but pushed it aside. If he was allowed to act as though the summer never happened, then so was she!

“Here’s some common sense for you, Malfoy,” Cassie said, her voice frighteningly icy. “Get away from our table before we cause you great bodily harm.”

Draco raised one pale eyebrow. “Tsk, tsk, Jones. Is this how you speak to all your professors? I knew Americans were lacking manners, but I didn’t think it was to such an extent.”

Ginny saw Cassie’s eyes blaze. The raven haired witch opened her mouth to say something, then shut it quickly, as though she’d changed her mind.

“You know what, Malfoy? I’m generally a very accepting person and when I heard a load of crap about you when I got here, I passed it off as normal school gossip. But, I was wrong. Stay locked in your freaking ivory tower and don’t bother the rest of us in the real world.”

“Twenty points from Gryffindor,” Draco snarled, before swirling back to the desk.

Ginny gaped at him. “You can’t do that!”

“I can and I will, Weasley. I don’t think Slughorn would appreciate his replacement being spoken to in that tone of voice,” Draco sat back down in the chair and glared around the room. “Back to work!”

The similarities between him and Snape were frightening. The rest of the class had been watching their verbal battle, spellbound. At Draco’s words, a flutter of activity broke out in the room again and everyone began trying to salvage their potions.

Ginny looked down at her textbook, hair falling in a curtain around her face and tears clouding her vision. It was not supposed to be like this. When they came back from San Francisco everything was supposed to be simpler. She had a part, a role, in the War now. She had powers and could actually do something. She’d thought she had a partner, maybe even a friend. Apparently, though, it was all faulty thinking. All Draco had done was cause her grief and headaches. She bit her lip, trying to stem the flow of tears. She knew what she was going to do. She was going to stay after everyone had left and talk to Draco. Or at least tell him that if he wanted to keep acting the way he was, then fine. She would get into contact with the others and try to keep an eye out for demonic activity. How was a mystery, but she’d figure it out eventually. Draco could let hundreds of die and feel perfectly fine, but she was different. She would fulfill her responsibilities as a Warrior, with or without Draco. A couple of tears fell out of her eyes and hit the text. Those would be the last tears she shed because of him.

She felt a soft hand on her shoulder.

“You okay, Ginny?” Cassie asked gently.

Ginny nodded, looking up and hoping she didn’t look as though she’d been crying. “I’m fine.”

Cassie gave her a reassuring smile and turned to bottle their perfect potion (snail shells added before lizard tails.) She took it up to Slughorn’s desk, where the other potions had been turned in. Draco sat there, feet propped up on the desk and scowling. Cassie set down the potion, then swiped at Draco’s feet, knocking them off the desk.

“I don’t think Slughorn would appreciate your paws being on his desk,” she said with a frightening smile.

Ginny was genuinely surprised. Who knew Cassie had such a mean streak? The normally happy, bubbly girl could apparently spit acid when offended.

“Asshole,” Cassie muttered darkly, packing up her things.

Ginny couldn’t help but laugh at her vehemence. Cassie looked up, a corner of her mouth twitching upward.

“Seriously. Somebody that horrible should not be that good looking,” she muttered quietly.

The red head managed to restrain a snort, albeit with some difficulty. Hopefully, in about ten minutes, she would be free of that horrible ferret. If only the bell would ring.

As though hearing her thoughts, it did. The class began to file out the door, muttering about the lesson’s events. Cassie looked over at her unmoving dormmate.

“You’re planning something, aren’t you?”

Ginny nodded.

“I should leave, shouldn’t I?”

Another nod.

“Okay. See ya!”

With that, Cassie swept out of the dungeon, leaving only
Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley. A volatile combination, really. Ginny took out her wand and quietly muttered the most complex locking and silencing charms she knew, directing them at the door.

Draco finally seemed to notice her presence. He looked up at her, then at the closed door.

“What do you want, Weasley?”

Ginny took a deep breath and let it out. “I want to know whether or not I should keep wasting my time.”

“What are you on about?” Draco stood up and walked around the desk.

Staying calm was surprisingly easy. She’d exhausted herself earlier. She had no energy left for an all out shouting match. Just as well, this way she could get her point across.

“Draco, being a Warrior means having to actually care about other people. Innocent people. It means having to care whether they live or die. I need to know…” she trailed off, then shook her head. “No, I don’t need to know. It’s staring me right in the face.”

Draco looked at her, bewildered. “What in Merlin’s name are you on about? What do you need to know?”

Ginny shook her head and hoisted her bag onto her shoulder. “Nevermind. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“What? Sweet Salazar, Weasley. Explain what it is that you’re talking about.” Draco was seeming to become quite frustrated with her.

She looked him straight in the eye, feeling as though everything inside of her had turned to lead, for some odd reason. “Nevermind. I’ll see you next week, Malfoy.”

She turned to go, but a hand on her wrist stopped her. She turned around to find Draco only a couple of feet away, looking bewildered and serious.

“Ginny, what did you start saying?”

He was persistent, she’d give him that.

“It doesn’t matter.”

Draco dropped her wrist. “Yes it bloody well does!”

Calm was starting to seep out the window.

“Why do you suddenly care?”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

Ginny dropped her bag on the ground and threw up her hands in frustration. “You don’t care, Draco! You don’t care about anybody but yourself!”

Draco looked at her, incredulously. “Where the hell is this coming from?”

“It’s coming from my past month’s frustration! Do you know how bleeding confused I was, Draco? For a month you just ignored me! I just suddenly didn’t exist! We spoke on the train and then suddenly you’re like ice! Not a letter or anything!”

Calm was definitely gone.

“I told you, I couldn’t communicate with you! The Dark Lord would have found out, then you, I, and the rest of us would all be dead!” Draco was pacing in circles, dark robes flying out behind him, looking frustrated.

“Like you care about anybody but yourself! I was going to ask you if I should wait for you to get your head out of your arse, or go ahead and start demon hunting alone, but I didn’t realize that you will NEVER get your head out of your arse! And what the hell do you mean ‘couldn’t?’ What’s changed?”

“You want to go demon hunting alone? What are you? SUICIDAL?”

“I’M SICK OF THIS, DRACO! I’M SICK OF CONSTANTLY WORRYING MYSELF ABOUT YOU AND I’M SICK OF NEVER BEING CERTAIN OF ANYTHING! I DO KNOW THAT I’M A WARRIOR AND I DON’T JUST WANT TO SIT AROUND DOING NOTHING WHILE INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE!”

Ginny knew her face was as red as her hair, making her look quite comical. Draco wasn’t that well off either; his face was flushed with color and his hair had become quite tousled from running his hand through it every few seconds. He stared at her, eyes nearly black with anger.

“Brighton had to happen! We both would have died!”

“You still could have told me!”

“I wasn’t about to let you commit suicide!”

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?”

“You would have insisted we go, and once you decided something, nobody can change your bloody mind! I would have gone with you and we would have been in over our heads! Ginny, you would have GOTTEN KILLED!”

Ginny stared at him, not quite believing her ears. “You didn’t tell me about Brighton, because you thought I’d get killed?”

“What did you think?”

Their voices had returned to normal volumes, but their breathing hadn’t. Ginny felt as though she’d just run a marathon, and was beginning to feel quite foolish.

“I-I…”

“Ginny, I’m not the monster you make me out to be.”

That stung. She had been making him out to be a monster. True he wasn’t the kindest person in the world, but he never compromised his beliefs. If he thought something was right, then he would stick with it no matter what. Usually, he was right.

“I- I’m sorry.”
Draco nodded, as though the matter was settled. “And I could have handled the situation better.”

No, Ginny thought. You are in the wrong this time, Draco Malfoy and you are apologizing.

“Draco, I may have thought wrong about you, but you had me going mad for weeks. You sure as hell could have handled the situation better! There were thousands of ways you could have given me at least some clue as to what was going on. In the hallway, when I was on Prefect’s duty, for example! You are at fault here, and I want an apology.”

“I’m not going to apologize!” Draco sounded scandalized.

“Fine, then.” Her voice was ice.

“Goodbye, Draco.”

She picked up her bag. She stood at the door, getting her wand out with shaking hands. Surely he wasn’t going to just let her walk out like that. Then again, this was Draco. He never acted as she expected him to. She finally heard footsteps behind her and turned around. Draco stood less than half a meter away, looking irritated.

“I’m sorry, alright?”

Ginny nodded, feeling butterflies in her stomach. She’d gotten her apology. Now what?

“We, uh, we should set up a time to meet. T-t-to practice.” She stood fidgeting with her wand, eyes downcast.

“Your dormitory’s not an option is it?”

She shook her head, looking up.

Draco ran a hand through his hair again, looking around the room. After a few moments he turned back to her.

“Do you know where the alcove off the fourth floor corridor is?”

She nodded. The fourth floor corridor was the only one with an alcove. Quite odd, actually.

“On the left wall, there’s a suit of armor,” Draco continued. “You shake his right hand and tell him the password.”

Ginny raised her eyebrows, trying to keep the amused expression off her face.

Draco rolled his eyes. “Go ahead, laugh. Dumbledore, the old fool, probably thought it a great joke.”

Ginny let the snort escape her, but covered her mouth with her hand. When she felt composed, she looked up.

“So, you shake the suit of armor’s right hand,” she
grinned. “And tell him the password. Got it.”

“You know,” Draco observed. “You are really dreadful at trying not to laugh.”

“The password is hilarious, too, isn’t it?” Ginny was grinning from ear to ear.

Draco sighed. “It’s ‘cauliflower.’”

Ginny doubled over with laughter. Dumbledore’s creativity had to be praised.

“When I figure out how to change it…” Draco was glowering.

After a few more moments, the red head composed herself.

“A time and date might not be a bad idea,” she suggested.

“Right,” Draco seemed to consider this for a moment. “Tomorrow?”

Ginny started. “Tomorrow?”

“You have plans?”

“N-no,” she stuttered. “It’s just that…For weeks you didn’t even notice me and now…”

She shook her head, serious again. “What’s changed, Draco?”

Draco shook his head. “Suddenly my whereabouts this summer have lost their priority. I don’t know what’s happened. I’m waiting to hear from my father.”

Ginny nodded. She knew she’d be treading on dangerous ground, but couldn’t let the opportunity slip.

“You still could have met with me. Or at the least, told me what was going on.”

Draco threw up his hands in agitation. “I handled the situation like a pillock, happy?”

“You don’t have to raise your voice at me!”

“Well when you’re done being thick I’ll stop!”

“Thick? Thick? YOU didn’t tell ME what the hell was going
ON!”

“Sweet Merlin, Ginny! I’ve explained that to you five times!”

“What? So, I’m just supposed to pretend that the past month didn’t happen? That everything is peachy-bloody-keen?”

Draco made a noise that sounded remarkably like a growl.
He stalked up until he was practically nose to nose with her.

“I’ve apologized, Ginny, not something I do very often, and I even agreed to meet with you. What more do you fucking WANT?”

“I want to know why the hell you kissed me!”

The words were out of her mouth before she even thought about them. Draco stepped back, shocked.

“That’s not important.”

I said it, might as well get an answer, Ginny thought.

“Yes it is! I want to know why you kissed me and then ran
away!”

“I did not run away!”

“Yes you did! Draco, I want an answer and I’m not going away or shutting up until I do!”

“Fine!”

“Fine!”

They stood, breathing heavily and glaring at each other. Suddenly, Ginny’s eyes inexplicably filled with tears. She tried helplessly to bite them back, but somehow that only made it worse. The anger drained out of Draco’s face to be replaced with something akin to horror. She bent her head and swiped at her eyes.

“Damn,” she muttered.

“Ginny…”

She turned towards the door, fumbling with her wand. She tried to make some sound come out of her mouth, but apparently she’d lost control of her body. She heard
Draco’s footsteps drawn nearer to her.

“Gin…”

She whipped around, to find that Draco was only a few centimeters away. The height difference between them wasn’t great, but at such a close distance, she had to tilt her head up some to see his face.

“What?” she asked, tears still cascading down her face.

“Ginny, I-I’m sorry. Please don’t cry.”

Sweet Merlin. Shed a few tears and a bloke will say anything it takes for the tears to stop. For the first time, she saw Draco look uncertain. He seemed to be at a complete loss of what to do.

“I’m not-”

“Crying? Unless I am sorely mistaken in my definition of the term- I’d say you are.”

She bent her head so that her hair fell around her face in a curtain. Long hair was such a blessing. However, a finger under her chin forced her to look up. Draco was looking down at her, searchingly. Why, oh why, couldn’t she stop crying? She must have looked awful- red puffy eyes, nose worthy of St. Nicolas, and black streaks down her face from her running make-up.

While she was on that train of thought, Draco leaned down so that his lips brushed hers. It was so soft she’d barely felt it. He straightened up for a moment, searching her face again. Apparently, he found what he was looking for, because he bent down and kissed her again. Harder this time. His other hand found her waist and steered her closer, while her own arms wound around his neck. For the second time in a week, Draco was kissing her. This time, though, it wasn’t a fleeting, angry kiss. It was…tender, in a way.

Just as she was starting to get into the kiss, Draco pulled back. She’d been afraid that he would run off again, but he actually didn’t even remove his hands from her waist. Her hands slid down from around his neck and found a resting place on his chest. Funnily enough, she didn’t feel awkward in the least. She looked up, to find that Draco was smirking.

“Why did you do that?” she asked. Thank all things holy that the question didn’t come out accusatory.

Draco raised his eyebrows. “Do what?”

“Kiss me.”

Much to Ginny’s surprise (and delight,) he leaned down and kissed her again. He pulled away after a few moments, smirking wickedly. She considered repeating her earlier question, but instead just fixed Draco with a questioning look.

“You said ‘kiss me,’” he explained.

Ginny’s mouth fell open in shock. That little…He’d tricked her!

“You tricked me.”

“Well observed.”

She gaped at him for a few moments, not knowing quite where to start. She needed answers and he was distracting her. For all she knew, he could disappear in a minute or two. Ginny didn’t even notice his hand move until it was wiping away a stray tear on her cheek. The strangely intimate gesture shocked her back to reality.

She took a deep breath, which really turned into a shuddering one.

“Draco…”

“I don’t know, alright?” There was agitation in his voice, but she didn’t know if it was directed at her or at himself.

“You don’t know…” she trailed off.

“I don’t know what in Salazar’s name possessed me to kiss you last week.”

“Oh.”

The conversation was going nowhere. “What about just now?”

Somewhere out there, a psychologist was quite happy with the two of them. Getting all the issues out in the open and such.

Draco raised his eyebrows. “You are really stubborn, you know that?”

“I’ve been told. And don’t avoid the question.”

He shrugged. “I was overcome with the sudden urge to kiss you.”

Trust Draco to put something so simple in such a flowery sentence. Inside, she was screaming for joy. She let a tiny smile escape.

“So, basically you wanted to?”

“If you choose to phrase it that way.” Draco seemed annoyed.

She couldn’t help but grin. He’d never admit it outright, but maybe this was going somewhere after all.

“We still need to set up a time to meet tomorrow,” she remembered.

“You are very determined.”

“Well observed,” she shot back, using Draco’s own words.

“Later,” he said, decisively.

“Later?”

Draco nodded, smirking. “Right now, I’m overcome with the
sudden urge to kiss you again.”

Ginny grinned as she met his lips. She’d gotten all her questions answered, a meeting set up, and was currently being snogged by the one and only, Draco Malfoy. If a month of going mad ended up with that, then sweet Merlin, it was worth it.

Currently, the only thing she wanted to do was enjoy the fruits of her labor. Everything else could be put off until tomorrow.

********************

A/N: Okay, before I forget, I’m not sure what year Anthony Goldstein is in, but he just popped into my head, so there.

Big, big, big thanks to all my reviewers! You guys really have no idea what your reviews mean to me. They make me very, very happy and motivate me to update. See? It’s a win-win situation for me and you.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. It’s my longest one so far (over 5,000 words!) and I’m really proud of it. I know the sudden, hem, change in Draco and Ginny’s relationship is a bit rushed, but I have my reasons for it. Ginny thinks life’s taken a turn for the better, but… Poor Ginny. –grins evilly-

Soon, my faithful readers, soon. Alright, I’m having too much fun with this, so I’m going to wrap it up.

Big thanks to all who reviewed, and I’d love to hear (rather, read) your thoughts about this chapter.
Leave a Review