A/N~ I would like to thank all my reviewers…but I also want to warn you that I have no idea where I am going with this story and it will most likely be pure fluff…And I still don’t know how Draco did it…and I have an idea about what was in Ginny’s letter…but still not certain…just thought I’d warn you all…this will probably suck…a lot…thanks again, byez!


***


Ginny’s eyes fluttered open. The first thing she noticed was the unbearable silence. The second thing she noticed was that the train was not moving as it should have been. And the third thing she noticed, as she swept her gaze across the darkened compartment, was the silvery-blonde head of Draco Malfoy on the floor in front of her. Please don’t misinterpret, Draco was attached at the time, it’s just that the only thing she saw was his head because it had darkened and he was wearing his usual black. That was one thing that hadn’t changed in the past few days.


She leaned forward and looked out the window to find the sun setting behind an unfamiliar forest. The sky was ablaze with fire as the blood-red sun slowly sank behind the trees.


She didn’t know how, but she had fallen into some sort of trance and was shaken out of it by a low moan coming from the floor. She looked down to see Draco lifting his head up to look around him. His eyes slowly moved upward toward her and for the second time that day, their eyes met.


***


“What the bloody hell was that?” came a familiar voice laced with irritation. Hermione pulled herself up off her seat and lit the end of her wand. Harry and Ron were picking themselves up off the floor where they had fallen when the train had come to such a sudden stop.


Hermione sighed and said, “I don’t know but we better start looking for other people.” She had noticed the eery silence first, just as Ginny had, and a shiver was making its way up her spine. “Come on then, let’s see if we can find out what happened.” She gave the two boys a little nudge out of the door and followed.


Ron promptly lit his wand as well and Harry followed suit. “Why don’t we just find the conductor? He’ll know what happened.” Ron asked as if this were the most obvious thing in the world.


Hermione rolled her eyes toward the ceiling and said, exasperatedly, “Won’t you ever read ‘Hogwarts, A History’? It plainly explains that the Hogwarts Express runs on Magick and doesn’t need a conductor. Although there is usually a teacher or two on board, there were none today, seeing as how the Wizarding world is safe once again and all.”


Ron mumbled something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like ‘according to Malfoy’ but the other two decided to ignore it and the three began to move toward the back of the train.


***


“Why are you looking at me like that, Weasley?” Draco scoffed as he picked himself up and sat across from her.


Ginny just opened her mouth and promptly shut it again, deciding it was smarter to remain civil…seeing as how he was all powerful and such. For the moment at least. Instead, she opened her mouth, once again and said, “Come on, we need to find out what’s going on. It’s too damn quiet in here for comfort.”


He then watched, a façade of boredom on his face, as she stood and slid the door open. She turned when she was in the hallway, and beckoned for him to follow. He reluctantly stood and went into the hallway after her.


He watched as she looked both ways, weighing their options. “We should head toward the front of the train. There weren’t many people back there.” She jerked her thumb over her shoulder toward the few compartments that were further back than hers. “So there’s likely to be a better chance of finding people in this direction.” She smiled like she was proud of herself.


Draco smirked at her and said, “Give me one moment, Weasley. A few of my old friends were said to be back in that corner compartment. Let me just check it. I’ll be right back.”


He headed toward the compartment he had indicated before and began to open the door when he realized that Ginny was right behind him. He smiled a little to himself and opened the door. It was dark. Almost too dark. But he could just make out three dark forms on the floor, beginning to stir. He immediately stooped down to help them. Ginny watched as, one by one, they all stood. She couldn’t make out their faces very well.


She saw Draco exchange a few whispered words with them and she saw them all nod. Tired of all this secrecy, Ginny lit her wand and shined it at them.


“Bloody hell, Weaselette, why did you have to blind us all? I was about to introduce you but now I can’t very well see you, can I?” Draco spat at her. But his friends laughed.


“Stop whining, Draco. It isn’t becoming in a young wizard of your stature.” The one speaking then turned to Ginny and held out her hand, “I’m Domaris,” Ginny shook her hand, taking in her dark hair and eyes. “And this is my brother, Davion.” She elbowed the boy beside her in the sides and he held out his hand as well. He had dark hair, like his sister, but instead of her red-tinted black, his was deep black and instead of her deep brown eyes, his were bright blue.


“Pleased to meet you,” he said, rather stiffly.


“Don’t mind him, he’s suspicious of everyone,” Domaris told her with a sly smile and a wink. Ginny decided she liked this girl.


“I am not!” Davion scolded his sister.


Domaris scoffed and said, “Really? Remember that time you thought Mother was plotting to have us killed? In our sleep? On Christmas day?” Davion rolled his eyes and she continued, “Of course you aren’t paranoid. You’re just stupid.”


This sent the two rolling into the hall, ripping at each other and growling. Ginny sighed, Ah, to have had a fun sibling.


The third person cleared her throat, drawing Ginny’s attention back. She was a small, wiry girl but she obviously had strength. “I’m Raye!” She then shook Ginny’s hand rather vigorously. “I’m a Rum and Monkey Pirate!”


Ginny sent a questioning look to Draco who sighed and said, “It’s a club they started when we were all little. Of course, I was never invited, but it did seem to be fun.”


Ginny almost laughed out loud at the look of remembered rejection on Draco’s face. Draco Malfoy excluded? NEVER!


But her mirth was cut short when she heard the door at the head of the car slide open and Domaris and Davion stop fighting.


She grabbed Draco and Raye’s hands and pulled them out into the hallway to see who it was.


***


A/N~ Thanks to all reviewers…I didn’t expect to have any…cool…This chapter’s a little more light-hearted so…yeah…Like I said, any suggestions are extremely welcome!!!
Also, I would like to have a Beta because…it would just be good to have one so…if anybody’s interested….
To Be Continued.
Qweene_of_Argylle is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Unexpected Hero also liked 28 other stories.
Leave a Review