Authors Notes: Thank you everyone for reviewing. I had a ton of trouble logging onto this site so I kinda gave up for a while there but I figured it out so I'm back!

Disclaimer: Still applying honestly.

Last chapter:
Ginny’s brow furrowed in confusion, she hitched a thumb behind her to where Harry was standing. She turned around as well and gasped.

Harry was gone.
* * * * * *

“He was just there,” Ginny said, gaping, then eyes narrowed she muttered, “His invisibility cloak.”

Sure enough, she heard the trapdoor creak open as if on its own accord. Then they heard the pattering of feet down the stairs.

Fuming, Ginny sat on the stone wall, facing out into the night. She sensed Malfoy standing behind her.

“How was it with Potter?” he said nastily.

Ginny took a deep breath, “If you must know, it was decidedly disappointing.” It was true.

“What more could you conceivably expect from Potter?”

Ginny sensed Draco sitting beside her.

“Was he that bad of a kisser?” Draco said, she could not sense any hostility or anything besides a slight mocking tone.

The flare of anger she always experienced whenever he spoke was noticeably absent. Ginny thought seriously about the question he’d posed.

Frowning in thought, she replied slowly, “No…although he wasn’t particularly good either.” She sensed, rather than saw, him smirk. “There was just no spark you know, it’d be like kissing…Ron, or Colin or something. I was surprised, that being more prevalent than the fact that he almost missed my lips or that he was unsure of what to do with his hands.”

Draco gave a snort of laughter, and Ginny grinned. “What’d you expect from him?”

Ginny pondered the question. “I expected there’d be something like passion or emotion, I wanted us to spark. Bill, that’s my brother, always talks about there being something like electricity between him and his girlfriend, Fleur – ‘course that could be because she’s part Veela. I thought my knees would go weak, or something. But it felt,” she wrinkled her nose critically, “felt like when I kissed Neville at the Yule Ball.”

“What? You kissed Neville? You ought to have snogged his toad instead; at least it could be a prince or something in disguise.”

Ginny laughed, then said primly, “It was a sweet, innocent kiss. You know…he asked me to go out with him.”

“What’d you say?”

“I just explained that I was not ready for a relationship yet.”

“But now that Harry’s available you’re ready?”

“Actually I had boyfriends in my 4th year.”

“No way, who?”

“Oh a kid in my year, Michael Corner, and I was dating Dean Thomas from the end of 4th year until the beginning of this year.”

“Here I thought you were saving yourself for Potter,” Draco said, a little shocked.

“You know…I tried really hard when I was kissing Harry to feel something, anything. But I didn’t. You’re the expert, what could that mean?”

“You mean besides the fact that he’s a lousy kisser,” Draco said, smirking. “Well obviously there’s no chemistry, as they say, between you.”

“You know,” Ginny said slowly, “he mentioned Cho.”

“What?”

“Yeah, after he kissed me the first time, and I pulled away, he said something about how it was different with Cho.”

Draco grinned when she said she’d pulled away from the kiss, that was probably a major blow to Harry’s masculinity, however, when she got to the part about him mentioning Cho, Draco’s expression darkened.

“Damn bastard!” Draco exclaimed furious. What was Harry trying to pull mentioning another girl in front of Ginny?

Ginny looked surprised at his outburst, but said nothing. She stared up at the stars. A silence descended upon them.

“Do you see that constellation?” Draco said finally, tracing a pattern against the sky.

“No, where?”

“There,” he pointed it out again.

Ginny squinted up at it, “What’s it supposed to be?”

“It’s Draco the Dragon. It’s the only constellation I know. As a little kid, after my dad beat me, I’d search for that constellation. I guess it was a source of comfort. I used to talk to it. I considered it my friend, always watching over me- I never did have friends growing up. Anyway, I reckon that constellation was the only thing that kept me from going insane. It gave me hope that someday I’d be able to get away from my dad and that maybe one day I’d feel happiness.” Draco’s eyes were steely, and he went silent, all too aware that Ginny was the first person he’d ever told this to.

Ginny reached out and laid a hand gently on Draco’s shoulder. He tensed, against her touch, then relaxed.

“Draco,” she said softly, “I’m so sorry.”

Draco glanced at her, her eyes sparkled in the moonlight, two gigantic glittering orbs, brimming with unshed tears. Without thinking, he brought his lips to hers. She gasped, but made no move to stop.
Leave a Review