Author Notes: OK, another chapter…this is like my favorite chapter –last chapter was my second favorite

Disclaimer: No claims to characters or settings, please don’t sue.

* * * * * *

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps on the stairs leading to the turret, warned them of a visitor. Draco quickly pulled Ginny behind one of the columns; Ginny’s back was against the cold smooth marble. She learned her head against Draco’s chest, and they stood huddled together, hearts beating furiously, as they waited in trepidation.

The pair of intruders, for there were two, began to talk quietly and Ginny almost gasped, it was the two people she’d least want to see when she was breaking rules - (with the exception of Filch) Snape and McGonagall

“What is it Severus?” Minerva said with just a touch of impatience, given she’d been dragged from bed and forced up 49 flights of stairs for this.

“Minevra, I just returned from a Death Eaters meeting. With Dumbledore off teaching Fudge how to run the Ministry, I just had to come to you.”

“I understand that, but why here?”

“Spies,” was Snape’s reply.

“Okay, have you contacted Dumbledore yet?” McGonagall asked.

“Yes, that was the first thing I did upon arriving back here.”

Ginny broke out in a cold sweat; Draco should not be listening to this. Draco should definitely not be listening to this. Snape was gonna tell McGonagall something important to the Order, and Draco was gonna hear and realize that Snape was acting as a double agent. Ginny doubted that he would tell his father, but who knew, Lucius Malfoy could use any number of spells or potions to coax the information from him. Not to mention the nagging voice in the back of her mind that whispered the words she wanted to hear least: Draco could be playing her. All the stories Ron had told her about Draco Malfoy came rushing back. Even Hermione hated him, surely there had to be a reason. ‘No!’ She shouted mentally, ‘He’s a good person regardless of what they say.’

She looked up at Draco to see that he was looking down on her solemnly, his silvery-blond hair tumbling into his gray eyes. A slight smile graced his lips, and he looked altogether breathtaking. She suddenly felt a queer feeling in the pit of her stomach.

“Okay, what happened,” McGonagall said in a calm tone.

“The Dark Lord presented us with a plan to snatch Harry and use him as a bargaining chip. It appears that Fudge, bumbling idiot as he may be has nonetheless backed us into a corner. He is growing nervous and already fears that Fudge has infiltrated our ranks.”

Draco almost gasped when it hit him that Snape was acting as a double agent. Ginny however had covered his mouth, fearing detection. They could hear someone, presumably Snape, pacing back and forth.

“He is planning to use agents to seize Harry. He feels that he can be used as protection against the Ministry,” Snape sounded bitter, then he sneered, “They wouldn’t attack if there was a chance the beloved Boy-Who-Lived could be hurt. As an incentive he said something about perhaps snatching another student, a pure-blood.” He paused in his rant, to take a breath and snapped, “It’s damned cowardice that’s what it is.”

“Severus, did they say how the agents would be infiltrating Hogwarts?” McGonagall queried.

“Sure, this is the best part,” Snape said angrily, “He’s planning on using students.”

“What? Did he say which students they were going to use to snatch Harry?” McGonagall pressed.

“Yes,” Snape said, ceasing his pacing, “He mentioned one name specifically- Draco.”
Leave a Review