AN: Reviews?

* * * * * *

Draco hopped off his broom and entered the infirmary.

Madam Pomfrey bustled over, peered closely at Ginny and clutched her tongue. “There’s always one, poor girl. It seems she’s suffering from a concussion and a broken nose. Never fear I’ll have your girlfriend back to normal in no time.”

Draco, shocked, said loudly, “She’s NOT my girlfriend.”

Pomfrey paid him no heed, fetching medicine from a cabinet. She emerged with a crystal bottle that held a ruby liquid. She flicked her wand at Ginny and some of the blood came off.

“Oh dear, I fixed her nose, but that charm only works to get rid of fresh blood. Would you mind washing the rest off?”

She conjured up a basin of warm water and a cloth. They hung suspended beside Draco.

He opened his mouth to protest, to say that Malfoy’s don’t wash people’s faces. However, the retort died on his lips. Grumbling to himself, he took the washcloth and rubbed Ginny’s face. He scrubbed furiously at the stubborn blood, angry at Harry, angry at Ron, angry at Madam Pomfrey, angry at Ginny but most of all, angry at himself. What was wrong with him? It was the girl, Ginny, he decided, after all, he’d been perfectly fine before he’d caught her. Surprisingly, the scrubbing alleviated his anger, and finally after all the blood had been removed, Madam Pomfrey spoke.

“I’m going to wake the child up, then give her a sleeping drought. It’ll ease her pain and let her sleep.” Having said this, she flicked her wand and Ginny’s eyes fluttered.

Ginny tried to speak, but her mouth was parched. Madam Pomfrey conjured a glass of water and handed it to Ginny. After drinking it, Ginny was able to talk. “Where….where am I?”

“The infirmary dear,” was Madam Pomfrey’s answer.

“Oh. What happened?”

“You got hit by a bludger, trying to impress Harry,” Malfoy said, smirking.

Ginny’s eyes flickered over to him, widening in surprise and confusion. She recovered and her eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here Malfoy?” She hissed spitting out his name vehemently as if it was a curse.

“Oh nothing much,” he said airily, “I just saved your life is all really.”

“Oh,” was her reply. Then she said stiffly, “Thank you very much.”

He frowned slightly, his forehead creased as he wondered why she didn’t fall into a swoon like every other girl.

“What’s wrong?” Ginny asked.

He said truthfully, “I was just wondering why you weren’t falling over yourself to simper your thanks. I reckon every girl in school would kill to have been in your place.”

“Ooh! I hate to be the one to deflate your ego, but not every girl in this school has the hots for you!”
“I beg to differ, I believe you are the lone dissenter,” he replied smoothly.

“Oh yeah? I know for a fact that Hermione hates you just as much as I do.”

“That shows how much you know, me and Granger have been having a passionate fling. Although between you and me I think she’s just using me for the sex, but I must say she’s a beast in the sack.”


Ginny giggled and Draco grinned.

Madam Pomfrey hurried forward with a spoonful of her sleeping drought, forcing it on Ginny who swallowed obediently, grimacing at the taste.

“Draco,” Ginny said softly.

He stepped forward, “Yes?”

She took his hand and intertwined it with her own, then looking up at him through her lashes she asked, “Will you stay with me? I don’t want to be alone.”

“Sure,” he said stunned.

Ginny didn’t reply she was already asleep. Draco settled down in a bedside chair his hand still intertwined with Ginny’s.

He gave a small sigh; it was going to be a long night.
Leave a Review