Disclaimer: Still applies

Last Chapter-
Ron’s shoulders slumped in defeat. He turned to Harry and said, bewildered, “What did I say?”

* * * * * *
Hermione said patiently, while rolling her eyes, “Ron, Ginny’s right, you are an insensitive git. You can’t jump to conclusions like that.”

Ron goggled at her, “Jump to conclusions? I didn’t jump to conclusions. He was holding her in his arms, and they were grinning at each other like fools! It was absolutely disgusting! Why, what did you see?”

“Well I saw Malfoy holding Ginny and they looked...” Hermione paused, looking at Ron almost warily, then added “cute together.”

Ron exploded, “WHAT? Are you serious? Malfoy and Ginny-he was only doing it to get at me!”

“Don’t be stupid Ron,” Hermione snapped, two pink patches appearing on her cheeks, “he was holding her before you even came in. Just because you’re too dense to know love when you see it doesn’t mean that everyone else is!” Hermione seemed incredibly high-strung, her voice rising to a screech.

Ron seemed put off by this, until he came back with, “Well then fine, he’s just making her fall hard for him and then he’ll break her heart.”

“Ron I doubt that even Harry could be as dense as you!” She paused, and added as an aside, “No offense Harry.”

Harry said angrily, “Aren’t you both taking this a little out of proportion? Ginny said that he had just caught her and there was nothing between them-I for one believe her.”

“Harry’s right,” Hermione agreed, “Ron, you and I may have over-reacted.”

Ron grumbled but dropped the subject.

* * * * * *

“Ginny wait up!”

Ginny swung around and saw Colin Creevey, “Hey Colin!” She said, grinning at her best friend.

“Ginny, how are you feeling? Are you better, huh are you better?”

“Yes I am feeling better. But I’m starving, breakfast is over I suppose.”

“I brought you some food, I figured you’d be hungry.” Colin handed her some toast and a muffin.

“Colin you’ve lifesaver,” Ginny said happily.

* * * * * *

At dinner that night, Draco sat with his back to the Gryffindor table, knowing it would most likely infuriate Little Weasel. Ron glared at Draco the whole time, but Ginny, according to Pansy, was chatting happily with Harry. Pansy said snickering, that it looked as if Harry had found a new love interest in that scrawny red-haired Weasel, “I mean where does she get her robes from, the trash bin?” Draco joined in her laughter though it sounded a little forced.

“Ginny,” Harry said for the fourth time, “Are you sure you’re alright?”

“Harry,” Ginny said with a touch of asperity “The last three times you’ve asked me that question I said I was fine, do you really think the answer will have changed after 3 minutes?”

Harry looked abashed and muttered, “I was just worried is all. I really thought you were gonna die.”

Silence descended upon the two, and as it was becoming awkward, Ginny said briskly, “Well I’m fine now.”

* * * * * *

“Oooh! Ginny, is it true?” Penelope Patil, who was a fellow 5th year Gryffindor girl, as well as Pavarti and Padma’s younger sister, said once they were in their dorm.

“What are you talking about?” Ginny said confused.

“You know,” Violet Brown, Lavender’s sister who was also a 5th year Gryffindor, replied.

“What?” Ginny said, growing tired of this game.

“That Draco caught you and carried you to the infirmary!” They finally said.

“Oh…yeah, that. It’s true.”

This remark was greeted by squeals of delight, “Oh my gosh! You are so lucky!” Penny replied.

“I heard,” Violet said, in a conspiratorial whisper, “Mordant Bulstrode said that Draco didn’t come back to the dorms last night. He said that Draco stayed in the Infirmary. Is it true?”

“Yeah,” Ginny said awkwardly.

This was greeted by even louder squeals. “Oooh! Ginny, did he take off his shirt to go to bed, I heard he has abs to die for!”

“No he kept his Quidditch robes on the whole time. He fell asleep in the chair next to my bed.”

“WHAT? Oh my God! He must care about you! What did you say when he saved you? Did you guys kiss?”

“No we didn’t kiss and I didn’t really thank him.”

“WHAT?” Penny looked shocked. “But you know that he lost the game for Slytherin because he decided to catch you instead. You should have heard Blaise Zabini yell at him! Blaise said that if Draco does another stunt like that, or they lose another game-he’s off the team!”

* * * * * *

Ginny gnawed on the nib of her quill. She couldn’t think of what to write. She stared at the letter thus far:

Dear Malfoy,

Thank you for saving me.


With disgust, Ginny crumbled the piece of parchment up, and tossed it into the fire. She looked glumly at all the pieces of parchment crackling in the fire. She hadn’t gotten past the first sentence! First she’d had a dilemma over whether to put “Dear” before Malfoy or not. Now her first sentence sounded incredibly stupid. She started over, attacking the paper, and finally after 15 minutes she breathed a sigh of relief. It was done.

Dear Malfoy,

I am writing to thank you on saving me at the Quidditch match. I am truly sorry that you got in trouble with your captain because of your actions. Ignore my brother and his griping, I think it was a noble thing to do. I’m eternally grateful, and someday maybe I’ll be able to repay the debt.
Yours Truly,
Ginevra Weasley


She made her way to the Owlery, where she proceeded to awaken Artemis, the screech owl that Fred and George had bought her over the summer.

“Artemis, will you deliver this to Malfoy?” She cooed. The owl cocked its head and held up its leg.
Leave a Review