"Draco, do you love me?"

He remained silent.

"Draco? Why won't you tell me?" Ginny asks, almost pleading.

"Because, love, there's something better out there than I love you..."

"Wanker. What in the bloody hell are you talking about?"

"Think about it, Gin. I do care about you, isn't that much obvious?" Draco began logically.

"Well, yes... you do, but why won't you tell me you love me?" Ginny asks impatiently.

"Like I said.. there's something better than I love you." Draco raises his shoulders in a gesture that tells Ginny it's as simple as that.

"No there isn't!" Ginny's temper begins to rise, her eyes turning an even darker brown.

"There.. is..something.. better.. than.. an.. I.. love... you.." Draco repeats slowly as if Ginny was a retarted child.

"Draco.. you're just being a prat to confuse me. What's better than an I love you?!"

"Potatoes," Draco replied simply.

"Wait-what?!" My boyfriend has officially inhaled Potion fumes one too many times...

"Love, I'm not thick if that's what you're thinking," stated Draco.

"POTATOES!!! POTATOES ARE BETTER THAN AN I LOVE YOU?!"

"Of course they are. Think about it."

Ginny's eyes start to dangerously narrowing; so close that Draco worries they'll join together.

"Ginny, I potato you." Draco told her shortly.

"Oh Merlin, my boyfriend is a nut.. or a vegetable, whatever you call it!"

"You don't potato me?" Draco asked, sounding hurt

"Of course I don't! Why would I potato you?! What does I potato you mean?!" She was losing it very quickly.

"Well..there's a lot of reasons. Look Gin Gin, a rose is a symbol of love right?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with a potato?"

"I mean, roses only last a couple of weeks and that's only if you leave them in water. They really only exist to be pretty." Draco explains, taking a breath.

"Don't you see, love? It's pretty much saying that my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance."

"Huh..?"

"Just listen.. a POTATO-that lasts forever. It really does. In fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow weird things even if you just leave them in the sack! That's a bloody good symbol. It means that my love for you will keep growing and growing." Draco smirks, satisfied, while a flabbergasted Ginny stands in front of him, unable to identify where he had gotten such an idea.

"There are so many ways to enjoy a potato, Gin. You can even make that muggle batt-el-ry with it, even if muggle things are just a waste of time. You can make mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes; do you get what I'm saying? It's like saying, I have many ways in which I show my love for you."

"And potatoes may be ugly, but they're still pretty wicked, so that's like saying, it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you." Finishes a breathless Draco

"Draco?"

"Yes?"

"I potato you too."



Fin.
The End.
yunnage is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 17 members. Members who liked I Potato You also liked 468 other stories.
Leave a Review