Ginny stood before the Dark Lord alongside Snape and Antonin Dolohov. Death Eaters formed a circle around them to prevent any attempts at escaping. Draco was among them, but she did not look at him. She did not want to see his forced hatred and would not risk letting him see her emotions.

“I am most pleased, Severus,” Voldemort said. “You and Antonin have caught the spy much faster than I had expected. You have done well.”

Snape bowed. “Thank you, my Lord. Fortunately, word of her exposure had not reached the Order of the Phoenix. The traitor did not know she was in danger and so did not bother to evade us.”

Turning his attention to the young woman before him, Voldemort’s voice was as cold as steel. “You are a fool, girl. Did you really believe we would not find out you were working for Dumbledore’s Order?” She did not respond. Turning his head swiftly, the Dark Lord ordered, “Draco, show your lover what is done with spies.”

Ginny looked up and saw Draco step forward and raise his wand. His gray eyes were narrowed in fury and his voice was hard. “Crucio!” he called. A blood-curdling scream sliced the air as the ginger haired girl thrashed about in agony.


“Would you like to dance?”

Erin looked up from her drink to find a nice looking man of about thirty gazing down at her.

“No, thank you. I don’t feel much like dancing tonight.”

The man nodded and walked away.

Glancing at her watch, Erin realized she had been sitting at her little table for two in the hotel’s trendy nightclub for over an hour and she was still nursing the same cocktail. If she was going to fulfill her mission to get mind-numbingly drunk, she would have to get busy. She raised her hand to summon the waitress and drained the last bit of liquid in her glass.

After lifting the spell, Draco stepped back to his place in the circle. Voldemort eyed him suspiciously.

“Don’t you wish to finish her, young Malfoy? You have been quite vocal about her fate; I thought you would feel honored to have the chance to take her life after she betrayed you.”

Ginny’s heart pounded. Do it, Draco, she thought. Don’t give them reason to suspect you. Just do it!

Draco’s lip curled and he looked at the girl that still sprawled on the cold stone floor. “Get up and accept your punishment,” he spat. “Where is your Gryffindor bravery now?”

As the girl climbed unsteadily to her feet, Draco turned again to Voldemort. “Her betrayal of me was nothing. I cannot accept such an honor when it was I that brought a spy into our midst. The honor of killing her should be yours, my Lord. The forgiveness you have already given is more than I deserve.”

“Very well, Draco.” Pointing his wand at her chest, the Dark Lord uttered the Killing Curse. Her body fell to the ground and it was done. Ginny Weasley was dead.
Leave a Review