Prologue

The wind was blowing fiercely as Ginny Weasley crossed the very busy street in London. She so was thankful when she finally entered the small Muggle restaurant, that for a moment she didn’t even realize that fact. This was a Muggle restaurant! She quickly made sure that her wand was tucked away and that her Muggle attire was up to standard. Her wand was safely in her purse and her short black skirt and hot pink top were acceptable. She ignored the stares from the men at the bar and walked over to the hostess.
“Excuse me?”
“Yes.”
“I am here to visit a friend upstairs his name is-“
“Gin!” A voice called. Ginny turned towards it and smiled. The hostess smiled too.
“Hello Drake.” A man in the corner turned and glared at the skimpily dressed hostess. “I mean, Good Afternoon, Mr. Marten.”
“Hey Sara.” Draco acknowledged her and then grabbed Ginny’s arm and began to guide her to the back of the restaurant were they climbed a set of stairs before turning into a hallway lined with three doors. Draco went straight ahead and opened the door in the corner.
“Here it is!” Draco ushered her in. “Taadaa!!”
“It’s beautiful.” Ginny gave a toothy grin. The apartment was of a decent size and had hardwood floors and while some of the walls were dry wall, some of them were brick. “Where is the furniture?” a saggy couch sat in the far corner of the room and it was piled up with Draco’s blanket and pillows.
“That’s were you come in. I want you to help me decorate.”
“Are you serious!!!?” Ginny’s face lit up and Draco’s heart swelled knowing it was because of him. He knew how much she loved to decorate. She changed her bedroom around almost every time he had been hidden away there with her. Of course they were normally to busy for him to pay attention to silly things such as the bedroom.
“Yes. I plan on you spending lot of time here.”
“Oh really?” Ginny raised her eyebrows.
“Yes really. I mean it would be much easier for us to meet here then at the Burrow. There we always had to be extremely quiet and I like it when you scream.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her.
“Oh my god! Draco! You are so… ewww!” She giggled before flinging her arms around him and kissing him soundly on the lips. “I like it!”
“Oh I know it.” He laughed. Ginny loved his laugh. It was a deep and throaty. It had taken him so long to finally open up to her that every time he laughed her heart skipped a beat.
“So” Ginny began to wander around the flat. “Drake Marten, eh?”
“Yes. I know it’s a perfectly vulgar Muggle name but I suppose that it’s safest. And what death eater would look for a Malfoy in the middle of Muggle England?”
“Its genius.”
“That’s what I said!’
“Oh, I’m sure you did.” She walked over to the kitchen. It was open from the living room, with an island in the center. It wasn’t huge, but of the perfect size for living alone. ‘Or for two people.’ Ginny smiled to herself. Moving from the kitchen to a door next to it, she opened it and smiled. Draco already had books in this room. Obviously it was to be the library and Ginny thought it perfect.
“This is perfect for a library.” Ginny turned and smiled at Draco who had followed her.
“That is what I thought. I remember you telling me once that you wanted to have a huge library with so many books you couldn’t possibly read them all. Well, I know it’s not huge but it works.” He smiled sheepishly.
“Aww, Draco. You remembered that!”
“Yeah. You told me that time in Detention.”
“What time?” Ginny joked, not expecting him to answer, but he did.
“The first time. I was reading something and you said that one day you would have a library with so many books you couldn’t read them in a lifetime.”
“I remember that.” Ginny smiled and began to move out of the room as she passed Draco she pecked him on the cheek.
“You have to see the rest.” Draco spoke wrapping his arms around her small waist. The rest was on the other side of the flat. Off the little hallway were two bedrooms and a small bathroom. The first bedroom was medium sized though it was much bigger than Ginny’s little room at the burrow and it had pretty windows looking down at the busy street below. The bathroom came next and it looked like any other bathroom, but Ginny did note that it had lots of cabinets. The last bedroom was the master bedroom. Ginny gasped as she took in its beauty. It didn’t have any furniture in it yet but it was by far the most beautiful room in the entire flat.
“Tomorrow we can go buy a bed and sheets and some other furniture.”
“Oh yes! This is so exciting! Draco it’s beautiful!”
“You haven’t seen our bathroom.” He grabbed her hand and with his loose one covered her eyes as he led her into bathroom.
“Close your eyes.” Draco removed his hand in response to her giggle.
“Open!”
Ginny opened her eyes and gasped.
“Oh my!!” Ginny took in the bathroom. In the center was a porcelain claw foot tub surrounded by deep green marble tiles. “It’s beautiful! Draco, it’s all beautiful.” Tears welled up in her eyes. She rubbed her hands against her eyes in an effort not to spill the tears. It didn’t work and Draco reached over and pulled her to him.
“Love, what’s wrong?”
“It’s just…this. It’s all so beautiful and it’s with you. Draco, I love you so much. You are so different from what my family thinks. I wish I could make them see. It would be so much easier.”
“Life isn’t easy.” Draco repeated the words Ginny had said to him when he first admitted that he loved her and that he was scared. “I love you, that’s all that matters.”
Ginny sniffed and nodded “I know you do.” She started to turn around but stopped when Draco grabbed her hand.
“Ginny.” Draco looked her in the eye and then knelt to his knees never breaking eye contact. “Will you marry me?”
Leave a Review