Disclaimer: The characters belong to J. K. Rowling.

Author's notes: I had recently deleted a chapter to this story because I didn't like the way I was going with it. Well, I have written a new one in place of the one I'd deleted. I hope you like it! "How did I fall in love with you?" is by The Backstreet Boys. Oh! And please review! Thanks!
******

Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends like
Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be,
Alone

It had been about three months since Dean’s phone call when Draco started acting strange. He was often rude to me, and he never helped me clean around the house like he used to. I was beginning to worry about him. At first I thought that maybe I’d done something wrong, but I hadn’t done anything at all. One night when we were watching a movie, much to Draco’s fascination, I confronted him.

“Draco,” I began. “What’s been bothering you lately? You seem so…distant.”

“Nothing’s bothering me,” Draco answered, staring at the television. “I’m fine.”

I rolled my eyes and turned around in my seat to face him. “Something is bothering you. I can see it in your eyes. Just tell me and—“

Suddenly Draco stood up and threw a glass against the wall. The glass shattered, causing me to jump. I looked up at him, confused. “Damn it, Ginny,” Draco said with his head down. “I think…I mean I know I’m…in love with you.”

Those days are gone, and I want so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
I never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be
Alone tonight

Much to mine and Draco’s surprise I started laughing. I don’t know what came over me. Maybe it was just relief that it wasn’t something worse. I looked up at Draco and saw that he had a look of utter confusion on his face.

“You can’t be serious!” I exclaimed. “How can you love me? You’ve only been here for a few months—“

“I’ve always loved you,” Draco interrupted. I swear, my heart stopped beating, I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t understand how he could just not tell me something like this. When I feel something, I have to let the world know. It shocks me that people can hold something in for such a long time—especially something that was this big.

“I’ve loved you,” Draco continued, “since the moment I saw you. I mean, it wasn’t as strong at first, you were only a child…but it was still there. Every time I saw you…I tried to make myself hate you so that these feelings would go away. But they only increased. And when you became engaged to Harry…I was so jealous. I’ve never felt like this before. And I don’t know what I should be doing about it.”

I was staring at Draco in disbelief. All these things he was telling me—I just couldn’t absorb it. I sat there, on the couch, staring at him for the longest time. Then, something came over me. I felt that fluttery feeling inside my stomach and it rose to my throat, stopping my breath. I was undoubtedly in love with Draco.

What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

“I’m in love with you too,” I whispered. I was more scared at that moment than I had ever been in my entire life. I didn’t know how Draco was going to react. I was afraid of how he’d react. Before I had time to even gather all of my thoughts Draco was practically on top of me and kissing me with such a passion that I had never experienced before.

I barely even noticed when Draco lifted me off the couch. I could feel my legs wrap around him as he staggered slightly against my weight. Somehow we ended up in the spare bedroom, which was now Draco’s, and we were kissing more passionately than before. I gasped as Draco gently lay me down on the bed. He looked down at me, his eyes hungry. My heart began to race as he unbuttoned his shirt. I felt the muscles in my chest tighten as he carefully climbed on top of me. He began by kissing my neck and I could no longer logically control the situation. I was lost in the moment.

Draco’s breathing was very heavy, I noticed, as he lifted my shirt off and then my bra. He stared at my breasts for a moment then he looked into my eyes. His eyes were shining magnificently gray in the lighting of the room. Draco smiled and kissed me again. I ran my hands down his bare back, noting that his skin was cold against my touch. Then, feeling totally out of control, I reached for his pants and unbuttoned them. After fumbling a little bit I managed to get them off. I put my hands against Draco’s chest and heard him moan against my cheek. He then began to run his hand up my skirt and I moaned as well. We got lost in each other that night and, together, the two of us became one.

I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble
I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be,
Alone tonight
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

Draco and I lay in each others' arms hours later. I didn’t want the night to end and I know he didn’t either. I hadn’t felt that loved by anyone in a long time. He and I both needed that closeness to finally realize what we truly wanted. And what we wanted was each other. There was no turning back now. Only time would tell what lay ahead. But I could only hope that there would be good things to come.

Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah
I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I wanna spend
The rest of my life
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?
What can I do, to make it right
Falling so hard so fast this time
Everything's changed, we never knew
How did I fall,
in love ,
with you?
Leave a Review